Pirate 4x4 banner

Ferrule crimper for air hose?

13K views 26 replies 14 participants last post by  hoohaa 
#1 ·
I'm sick of using hose clamps on the ends of my air hose. I have not found a good quality clamp yet that will really hold up when I crank down on it with a nut driver.

I want to find a crimper that will let me crimp down those brass ferrules on the end of hose over a barbed end fitting. I've seen them at the welding supply for welding gas hose but those were too small for 3/8" hose.

I'm thinking some sort of ratcheting crimper like what you use for coax cable but stouter would be good. Heck, I could even build one if I knew what sort of pattern I would need. A crimper made out of bolt cutters would be sweet.

What are you using?

#3 ·
look around or ask the counter people at your welding supply.

I bought a hose repair kit a long time ago it had the fittings to do 3/8th air hose. They should still be around. inert gas hose is the same size I have bands and a crimper for them also that would work.:homer:

Have you ever used fuel injection clamps. i think the larger size would fit 3/8th air hose.

#11 ·
Back when I used to manage a Napa store, we had a crimping kit that we used to fix hoses in the store, and would loan it out to shops to use. I believe it was made by Napa Tire Hardware. It came with the crimping tool, and an assortment of Brass ferrels, and fittings. Sorry I can not remember the part #, but I hope this helps.

#17 ·
I use those when making up CO2 systems for kegerators. Never had one fail.

You can also use a set of bull nose cutters to crimp them if your careful.

They are a bioch to remove. You can use the bull nose cutters to cut off the crimp though.

#26 · (Edited)
This is the website for the place that sells the knockoff crimper. http://toolstorechicago.com/ At work I put together a kit with different sized ferrules purchased from McMaster as they are pretty cheap and the outside diameter of 3/8 hose seems to vary. They may sell the ferrules at that store linked for all I know. Don't know if they ship or show the crimper on the site, but there is a contact number on the website

I would put a caliper on the hose in question to help get the correct size ferrule.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.