Pirate 4x4 banner

You fawkers suck

2K views 34 replies 17 participants last post by  Tim84K10 
#1 ·
I've got two AK kits on the way now and I'm on a quest for receivers.

#5 ·
I'm reading Doc's thread now and searching for receivers and compliance parts. That thread has been dead for a while and it doesn't seem like anyone has built with parts they've procured lately.

I'm open to suggestions if I don't orders something before I get a response.

#13 ·
Not true at all.

I built an M70 a few months ago, and just finished up an M64, and am currently building another M64. Only difference is these are milled reweld builds... :flipoff2:

And I built a stamped romanian kit just before the M70 build...

#7 · (Edited)
The manly way is with an AK-builder flat.
I'd love to do it but I'm not sure that my studio apartment contains sufficient tools.

I guess I'll get the NDS-3 ordered up tomorrow.

Any tips specific to this kit?

#9 · (Edited)
Some cocksucker stole my welder from my mother's house (she let the asshole rent it and then he stopped paying, we evicted him and he came back when nobody was there and cleaned out the garage), so I'm willing to bet that "welding" is not going to happen on this build. :flipoff2:

Needless to say, it looks like screws for me, which I don't think is going to be so bad, anyway.

#10 ·
Having done a couple of weld builds now, I wouldn't consider doing it any other way. It easily takes 1/4 of the time that a screw build does. The couple I've done I've used Ohio Ordinance receivers on because they are easy for me to get. I've had no issues with the OO receivers.

#15 ·
I got 8 of those kits a few weeks ago. All have matching numbers and are in very nice shape. I didn't get "new" kits like strong but they are very nice. Bores were/are dirty but look shiney as chrome when cleaned with just solvent and a patch, lands/grooves are very sharp. I'm definitely happy with mine, have no receivers yet but have demilled, drilled,tapped two and I will weld the rest for sure. I reallly wanted the 145$ underfolders but I live in the PRK.
As for J&G, they shipped in a day.

#16 ·
My last one, I replaced the stock, hand guard, pistol grip, muzzle break, and FCG. (in addition to the receiver of course) Used an NDS-1 receiver.

I got a couple of the 269 parts kits as well. One will be sold, either complete or still in kit form. The other will probably be a more "true to form" build to keep. I'll go with the gas tube piston, FCG, US slant muzzle break, and a pistol grip. Then I'll cut off the donkey dick front grip.

Anyone ever just weld the new gas piston in place instead of drilling/pinning it?

#22 · (Edited)
Alright, so maybe you fawkers aren't such a bad influence. I'm ordering flats and a jig as we speak, and my club is going to be a bunch of college students with bullet hoses within a few weeks.

I love you fawkers. :flipoff2:

And I've got 100 mags on the way now, and Misty says hi to all of you out there. :flipoff2::flipoff2:

What jig are you guys using?

#24 ·
i cut the line where it needs to be bent with a wizz wheel 1/2 way thru the flat, folded by hand and welded the seam up. flap wheeled it and it came out perfect!

just need to heat treat (torch w/ used motor oil) on the pin holes and weld it to the trunions.

#26 ·
Sounds like you need to get a jig from someone and buy some AKbuilder flats :smokin:

I went over Mossman's place Sunday and we bent up a couple... We got the process down to 30 minutes/flat start to almost finish :smokin: The flats still need rails trimmed and center supports installed, but other then that they were bent up and the rails bent over and all FCG holes reamed to proper size :smokin:

#27 ·
Now that we've got 8 people, we're splitting the cost of the jig and going with akbuilder flats.

I'm hoping it's not too much of a pain, but either way, it has to be done. :flipoff2:

Thanks for all the help, guys. Does anyone make a better jig than the akbuilder? My two closest guys in the club want to buy his fancy $295 jig. Split 8 ways, it isn't bad.

#30 · (Edited)
I just sent Braxton his back today. Did a thoroughly badass job on the AKBuilder flats I used. MUCH better than my previous experience with another PBB member's jig and Tapco's flats with the prebent rails.

The akbuilder flats match the factory receiver perfectly. Gonna be a sweet rifle.

If you've got 8 guys, pay shipping and a few $$$ to 'rent' a jig, and spend the balance on a welder. Screw-builds are okay for a rifle or two. Doing it 8 times over would really suck. A weld build is about 1/4 the effort of a screw or rivet build.

#35 · (Edited)
Ordered flats, the rest of the kits, and 922(r) parts today.

TRH, thanks for all the help. The AK-Builder guy is AWESOME. He threw in a few extra goodies for my guys because we ordered over $500 worth of gear from him.

JG Sales has no more hand picked kits. I told them I want kits with matching bolts and barrels and that I don't care about the rest of the kit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.