Warn Shafts - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Classifieds > Axles/Tires/Wheels For Sale
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2003, 03:29 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 3858
Warn Shafts

Have both inners for fullsize chevy dana 44. Asking $300. BRAND NEW.

Sorry not brand new! two runs and shortside has marks where the inner and outers contacted from oversteer. $100.

Last edited by BeaconBasher; 04-01-2003 at 11:22 PM.
BeaconBasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 09:30 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 3858
How about $250. Thats as low as I can go.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2003, 09:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fabster

Member # 3069
call my brother Mike in Walla Walla at 509 529 5798 He may be interested.
PSC Steering
BFGoodrich Tires
Reid Racing
King Shocks
BTR wheels
Baja Designes
K&N
CBM Engines
Bulldog Winch
Spidertrax
Maximum Trans
CBR Radiator
PRP seats
Synergy
Siren Net
HJC Helmets
Racer Plus
Steinjager
Odyssey Batteries
DynaMax
PCI

2013 KING

www.facebook.com/bomberfab

BOMBER FABRICATION DOMINATES BACKDOOR SHOOTOUT - YouTube
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 10:23 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 11392
How about $250.00 shipped to San Jose, Ca 95111
70~K5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 01:37 AM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 3858
Maybe on the san Jose guy i will get back to you tomorrow. I am in Spokane and my area code is 509. is Walla Walla 509 too. I will give him a call
Old 04-01-2003, 12:02 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 11392
Re: Warn Shafts

Quote:
Originally posted by BeaconBasher
Chris the axle shafts showed up today and they were used shafts. You said "BRAND NEW" in your ad. What's up with that?
Old 04-01-2003, 12:22 PM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 386
Send a message via ICQ to MattS
Re: Warn Shafts

Quote:
E-mail sent. I'm waiting for a reply here.
MattS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2003, 12:37 PM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 11392
Thanks Matt, I sent a email too. Just didn't want the thread to be deletted before we could settle this.
Old 04-01-2003, 12:38 PM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 386
Send a message via ICQ to MattS
Quote:
Originally posted by 70~K5
Thanks Matt, I sent a email too. Just didn't want the thread to be deletted before we could settle this.
I quoted the original post and have a copy of the entire thread saved in a safe place.
MattS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2003, 12:41 PM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 41
Post some pics, I want to see how you know they are used?
82FB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2003, 01:19 PM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 3858
70k5, I apologize! I did not realize I put "BRAND NEW" in the original post. When the truth is There are two runs on them. Two short and very non abusive runs on them. If you wish for a refund let me know. Either way you got a good deal!
Old 04-01-2003, 02:22 PM   #12 (permalink)

Member # 11392
Did you break a U-Joint in the short side shaft? There's grind marks on the outside of the ears and metal displaced on the inside of the ears.
Old 04-01-2003, 02:48 PM   #13 (permalink)

Member # 3858
Nope that side looks used because the steering stop was not out far enough! Refund or not!
Old 04-01-2003, 02:58 PM   #14 (permalink)

Member # 11392
Quote:
Nope that side looks used because the steering stop was not out far enough! Refund or not!
Fine, I'll send them back this week. I didn't mind the run part, but the damage to the shaft is what got me.
Old 04-01-2003, 10:36 PM   #15 (permalink)

Member # 3654
Quote:
nice attitude you fawked up and your getting impatient with him.................
Old 04-01-2003, 11:19 PM   #16 (permalink)

Member # 3858
There is nothing wrong with my attitude, k5 is sending back 2 shafts that he received a good deal on. As for the damage there is no damage, those shafts are the shit! If he is being that picky then he can send them back like he said he is going to. We are not dealing with an engine that I said runs, and he got it and it and it does not run. we are dealing with two axle shafts that i said were "brand new" my fault i have already apologized for not being a little more specific. I should of said "two runs". Still two perfect axle shafts showed up to his door about a $150 cheaper than new. And one had marks where it was oversteered. I guess if warn shafts were that easily damaged they would not be the best then. since I have no use for these.

FOR SALE: 1 chevy d44 longside warn shaft "two runs" no blemishes no marks not broke in half and perfect ears. And 1 chevy d44 shortside warn shaft "two runs" this one has marks where the inner and outer axle contacted from over steering. The ears are still fine, I pulled the ctm out of it the day it shipped, and it was fine. It is not broke in half, and the splines are perfect.
$100
Old 04-02-2003, 06:46 AM   #17 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 7940
Hell, I'll buy them. If he hasn't shipped them back yet, it'll save you on shipping.

I understand the confusion on brand new, but how much wear can a shaft with two runs on it have?

Beaconbasher: Check your email(aol) & let me know.

Last edited by Deltaskier; 04-02-2003 at 08:05 AM.
Deltaskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 07:24 AM   #18 (permalink)

Member # 11392
Mike if you want to look at the shafts I'll show them to you before I send them back.
Old 04-02-2003, 07:36 AM   #19 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 7940
AS long as he's willing to work with me, I would like to take a look at them.

I'm sure you won't want to give up the goods until you get your money & I don't want to send any money until I get them, & of course he might not want to send the money back until he gets the shafts. hehe, I'm such a pessimist(sp?), always thinking about the worst case scenerio.
Old 04-02-2003, 07:58 AM   #20 (permalink)

Member # 11392
Quote:
There is nothing wrong with my attitude, k5 is sending back 2 shafts that he received a good deal on. As for the damage there is no damage, those shafts are the shit! If he is being that picky then he can send them back like he said he is going to. We are not dealing with an engine that I said runs, and he got it and it and it does not run. we are dealing with two axle shafts that i said were "brand new" my fault i have already apologized for not being a little more specific. I should of said "two runs". Still two perfect axle shafts showed up to his door about a $150 cheaper than new. And one had marks where it was oversteered. I guess if warn shafts were that easily damaged they would not be the best then. since I have no use for these.

FOR SALE: 1 chevy d44 longside warn shaft "two runs" no blemishes no marks not broke in half and perfect ears. And 1 chevy d44 shortside warn shaft "two runs" this one has marks where the inner and outer axle contacted from over steering. The ears are still fine, I pulled the ctm out of it the day it shipped, and it was fine. It is not broke in half, and the splines are perfect.
$100
Fine then send me the difference less the shipping costs. Shipping should have been $15.00 at the most. Step up Mr. new doesn't mean new but means what ever I want it to. Yes I'm picky but if I buy something that is supose to be new I don't want to recieve something used. For all I know this is the shaft from your post on CTM's here,

Busted an end off of a CTM, and even after I busted the ujoint I had to drive on it to get out of the position that I was in. Thought maybe the ear of the "WARN" might be screwed. Absolutely perfect, held up to a ctm breaking, warns are the shit. so are ctms. Later!

Posted here..http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showt...hreadid=122958

Well you said $100.00, just return the difference.
Old 04-02-2003, 11:31 AM   #21 (permalink)

Member # 3858
Get your facts straight, that was me who broke the ctm and warn, the shafts you got were from my brother whose name i am guessing is on the return address! Oh and the shaft was hurt a little the splines did have a slight twist, warn has a new one on the way. I sold these for my brother. What a PI you are! Dont you think if something was really wrong with these shafts I would send em in and get new ones? They are warrantied you know. For the $100 I would much rather sell them to someone a little more appreciative. Like the guy who wanted them locally, but i promised them to you. So please send them back!
Old 04-02-2003, 12:15 PM   #22 (permalink)

Member # 11392
Quote:
Get your facts straight, that was me who broke the ctm and warn, the shafts you got were from my brother whose name i am guessing is on the return address! Oh and the shaft was hurt a little the splines did have a slight twist, warn has a new one on the way. I sold these for my brother. What a PI you are! Dont you think if something was really wrong with these shafts I would send em in and get new ones? They are warrantied you know. For the $100 I would much rather sell them to someone a little more appreciative. Like the guy who wanted them locally, but i promised them to you. So please send them back!
OK what are you going to send me back? You send me used shafts after saying they're new. Brand new even. Now I have to ship them back to you. That will cost me another $15.00 or so dollars. So how much are you going to refund me? When you sent me a E-mail about a local wanting to buy them, I replied with my cell number and told you to call me. You could have done that sold them localy. Those shafts brand new in the factory packaging and all are $339.50 from a shop that gives my club a discount. that's to my door price. When I buy used parts I don't pay more than 50% of what a new part would cost me. So I wouldn't have paid more than $170.00 shipped for used shafts. That's how I feel about used parts. Maybe someone else would. Your lucky that Warn is sending you a new shaft, according to their web page, if you break a U-Joint their waranty in Void. And I didn't get the waranty card etc. with these "new" shafts.
So what are you going to do for me, as I'm not the person who sold uses parts as "new"? Lets get this all spelled out. That way there won't be any other misunderstandings on either of our parts. You seem to be pretty quick to reply here when it took days for you to reply to Emails from me. So I quess I just need to keep this public.
Old 04-02-2003, 12:48 PM   #23 (permalink)

Member # 3858
Hey its assholes like you that like to keep shit like this public. It has been public this far so why stop now. as for emails they are dated 4-1-03, my replies are dated 4-1-03. What the fawk are you talking about. You are the one who I had to keep finding out if the check was coming or not, because I had another buyer. As for me being lucky warn is sending back another shaft. Did you read! Warn will not replace a shaft damaged due to ujoint failure. The ctm broke but the ears were perfect, The splines were twisted. So are you telling me the splines twisted were a result of the broken ctm. If that was the case warn would never have to replace any shafts. The splines could of been like that for months. What am I going to do for you? Send you back $250 as soon as I receive my shafts. My brother paid $7 to ship them to you! You know how stupid this is! And looks, when you could of dealt with this over e-mails. You are an asshole!
Old 04-02-2003, 12:57 PM   #24 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 7940
I'm gonna assume I won't be getting the shafts for $100

Old 04-02-2003, 01:43 PM   #25 (permalink)

Member # 11392
Quote:
Hey its assholes like you that like to keep shit like this public. It has been public this far so why stop now. as for emails they are dated 4-1-03, my replies are dated 4-1-03. What the fawk are you talking about. You are the one who I had to keep finding out if the check was coming or not, because I had another buyer. As for me being lucky warn is sending back another shaft. Did you read! Warn will not replace a shaft damaged due to ujoint failure. The ctm broke but the ears were perfect, The splines were twisted. So are you telling me the splines twisted were a result of the broken ctm. If that was the case warn would never have to replace any shafts. The splines could of been like that for months. What am I going to do for you? Send you back $250 as soon as I receive my shafts. My brother paid $7 to ship them to you! You know how stupid this is! And looks, when you could of dealt with this over e-mails. You are an asshole!
Yeah well your answer to my email on 4/1 was as follows.

"I did not say they were new never used! They were used on a couple runs! Only two runs to be exact. So yes they are pretty new. "

Before that you never answered my email of 3/27 asking if you had recieved my USPS money order.

I sat around here waiting for a package shipped UPS for 3 days as on the 1st delivery notise said signature in person required, then they didn't come back for 3 week days.

So it took me a week to get to the post office and get your money order.

So yes you answered the email on 4/1 the same day, before that if you answered it might take a couple of days. If you answered. The stuff I've sold has been as discribed and I have keep the other people notified of the progress. One person I was trading 2 sets of add-a-leafs for a set of ORD swaybar disco's for, when I couldn't find the one set of AALs I had, I went out and bought new some other parts he wanted in place of them.

I'm registered on 3 diferent auction services on the web. I have perfect ratings on all 3.

But I'm the asshole for wanting what I paid hard earned money for. I brought this public so you couldn't just delete the original post and say you didn't say they were new as you did in your email reply of 4/1. Maybe you'll see the light cause you're feeling the heat now. I've kept and always do keep every email till a sale is final, Have you?

So you'll send me my original money back but I'm still out the shipping to return them? So if I send them back I get screwed by not recieving what I paid for and If I send them back I still get screwed for my cost of shipping them back. It seems you're good at FUCKING people either way.