Pirate 4x4 banner

LC 60 series front axle w/ e-locker, hi-steer, longs, 4runner brakes

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  megolfer 
#1 · (Edited)
Up for sale is a rebuilt/refurbished/reconditioned (whatever you wanna call it) Toyota Land Cruiser 60 series front axle assembly. The production date on the rig is 10/84. About a year ago I spent a couple weeks grinding and cleaning the crap outta this sucker and rebuilding it during a spring over conversion. I had the axle professionally cut-n-turned by Cruiser Oufitters in SLC for the spring over. It was put under my rig in the first of October 2003. So it's been under there a little over a year. I've only driven the truck about 5000 miles or so since. It sat in the garage for 5 of those months, only coming out twice.

So it's got all new bearings and seals. Axle shafts and seal areas are in great shape. The 4Runner calipers were added less than a month ago and the marlin hi-steer kit was added at the same time. The longs are still sitting new in the box (I can install them if you need). It's currently setup with an 80 series electric locking differential (4.10 gearing) and custom shock mounts. The actuator works perfect. Though I've only driven it locked once, I've tested it numerous times.

Here's the price break down of what I paid:

$400 for the e-lock diff
$100 for the long side shaft with long splines (used from an HJ60)
$125 for the cut-n-turn
$400 for the Marlin Hi-steer (**)
$200 for the 4runner calipers (new, loaded)
$250 for the longfields (new--not cores)
$100 for the rebuild kit (bearings and seals)

So I paid $1575 just for the main hard parts. That's without the axle housing and hub assemblies!!! So factor in the cost of a used front axle minus third and all the new OEM diff studs (hey, they're like $2 each!) and all the time I spent and the money for supplies.... :eek:

So anyway, I'm asking x. And I'm not very flexible on the price. (Unless you wanna give me more $$ for it) You would be hard pressed to find a better deal than this if this is what you're lookin' for...

I am very unwilling to part it out. Must go as a whole.

**The modified pitman arm for the hi-steer kit will NOT be included. The hi-steer runs 80 series ends, so you will need to contact marlin (or whomever) and get a modified pitman arm that accepts the 80 series TRE taper.

Things I am interested in getting for trade or partial trade:

-80 series front axle assembly (w/ e-locker)
-80 series stock alloy 16x8 wheels
-315x75r16 BFGs muds or A/Ts or Gooyear MT/rs or possibly others...
-Toyota LC H55F 5 speed with the H/F input shaft (in very good to excellent shape)

See less See more
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.