D60/70 inner C's and spindles

2K views 21 replies 8 participants last post by  Plumbloco 
#1 · (Edited)
I have 2 sets of each.
Inner C's are larger type found on F450's = $185.00 set(2) shipped
spindles are for Dodge/Chevy =$150.00 + shipping
Coming out of Atlanta

#4 ·
Out came the Powerlock & 6.17's, in went a Detroit & 7.17's. Haven't setup the hydro or link mounts yet. Gotta clear some room for my next LC buildup. I can't buy another, heck I ain't got enough trucks for all the axles I have now :D BTT for 'ya :beer: Her's another pic of your axles:

Attachments

#10 ·
masterbeavis said:
im thinking about making a steering axle out of a H072 I have sitting in the backyard. The tubes are aprox 3.30" in diameter. What is the current I.D. of the D70 c's with and without the tubes pressed in?
I.D. is 3.5" for the D70 inner C's.
I.D. for D60 inner C's will vary... I checked a few of mine & found the balljoint type will be 3.5" & the kingpin type will be 3.20". Dennis has the kingpin type.

#13 · (Edited)
LC Hamma said:
I.D. is 3.5" for the D70 inner C's.
I.D. for D60 inner C's will vary... I checked a few of mine & found the balljoint type will be 3.5" & the kingpin type will be 3.20". Dennis has the kingpin type.
IIRC, Dennis' D70 tubes measured 3.567", kind of an odd size, most likely meant to be 3.5625" (3-9/16").
These steering yokes (inner Cs) with the tube still in them could be chucked in a lathe and bored for a nice fit over almost any axle since the stock ID on this tube is 2.56" approx.

Whoops, I just clarified it for you MB.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.