Weld on Beadlocks From Total Metal Innovations - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Vendor's Marketplace > Axles/Tires/Wheels
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2012, 09:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 70933
Weld on Beadlocks from Total Metal Innovations

Total Metal Innovations

is proud to offer the only

Patent Pending INTEGRATED ANTI CONING TECHNOLOGY for weld on beadlocks.

This is the real solution for anti coning!!

Click here fore more info on our Integrated Anti Coning Technology

We have been working on a real solution for anti coning, one that doesn't require any extra parts (no little sections to weld to your inner ring), or extra weight. We wanted a design that was simple, user friendly and offered our customers the BEST solution for anti coning. We feel this new design is the biggest thing for weld on beadlocks since the basic idea of welding on rings to a wheel to create a beadlock.

This new Patent Pending Integrated Anti Coning Technology will be included with all of our weld on beadlocks at NO EXTRA CHARGE,
call it a FREE anti coning solution if you like.

Tyler@totalmetalinnovations.com

Total Metal Innovations.com

32 bolt Rings

Hardware (bolts, nuts, washers) not included.

3/16" or 1/4" thick steel.

Starting at $43.75 per wheel.

Optional hardware

$12.50 per wheel

Plus shipping.

For OFFROAD USE ONLY. All welding should be completed by a certified welder.

WE ALSO DO CUSTOM DESIGNS

Sales@totalmetalinnovations.com

Call the shop at 541-223-8608

Last edited by Rockrunner86; 02-08-2014 at 12:03 PM.
Rockrunner86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2012, 10:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 70933
Here is our display wheel with Integrated Anti Coning Technology on the left half and standard inner ring on the right half. This shows how much coning happens without our Integrated Anti Coning Technology. This Integrated Anti Coning Technology is included at no extra charge with our weld on beadlocks.

The picture below is of a square showing how our Integrated Anti Coning Technology is holding up to 5X the recommended torque on the bolts. Another company claims our design doesn't work, they also claim our ring should buckle under the stress of the bolts, our happy customers and engineering prove otherwise, and this picture backs it up.

We choose to use this design because it is the best anti coning solution for weld on beadlocks. This design is better for our customers because it saves weight (both shipping and vehicle), preforms better than other anti coning methods, and is more cost effective, enough more so that we can include it at no extra charge to our customers (some other companies charge as much as $50 extra for their anti coning rings). When you add it up Total Metal Innovations provides our customers with the best value and best weld on beadlocks..

We could ignore the repetitive occurrences of smear tactics from Mr. Fernandez for only so long. There are two sides to every story, now here is mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIYBEADLOCKS.COM View Post
So some other company keeps posting how great their anti-cone rings are I find it very amusing they keep stating they have engineering this and engineering that, I call bullshit if you look at the crap they came up with after they tried unsuccesfully to steel our patent pending idea (yes even lawyers had to get involved) and they still can't compete with our anti-cone rings. Yes they say a bunch of mumbo jumbo crap to try and make it sound good, but when you really look at there product you can easily see they have no innovation and can't even give you real #s here is a couple shots of our anti cone ring standing alone with only 3 bolts holding the whole assy together. If you look our anti cone rings tighten inbetween the 2 parts and make 1 solid part that you can torque to 20 or 25 lbs everytime. What this means is that once tightened it will not move or cause tire sidewall damage like the other outer ring will, so look closely and understand you get what you pay for and usually when someone is giving something away for free it is for a reason. This is why we have the best beadlocks with the only real anti cone rings on the market!!!!!
Mr. Fernandez (owner of DIYBeadlocks) is correct, our attorney did respond with a letter asking him to provide proof of his patent pending status. Mr. Fernandez provided us with a letter claiming he had applied for a patent but has never had an attorney contact us nor has he ever provided any proof of a patent application. We produced the style of anti-coning ring he currently sells back in 2004; these were a one off set to correct a coning issue on a vehicle owned by a local wheeler. Mr. Fernandez claims he filed for patent years later, if I recall correctly, in 2010. This would completely void his patent, as there is a year period to apply for patent after a product is first manufactured or used in the open market. Our design predates his alleged patent application date by years. Other companies were also manufacturing similar anti coning rings during this time, RuffStuff Specialties and Great Lakes Offroad come to mind.

During correspondence between Mr. Fernandez and our patent attorney, it was determined that Mr. Fernandez had applied only for a provisional patent. A provisional patent is not a patent nor is it a patent application. It is merely a formal paper to set a date, which then must be followed up with in a year by submitting a formal patent application. Additionally, a provisional patent application only applies to a utility patent, a patent that covers an idea (i.e. anti-coning). The idea of anti-coning has long been used within the beadlock industry. Mr. Fernandez needed to apply for was a design patent, a patent that covers the design of a product such as how ones anti coning rings differ from others already on the market. Mr. Fernandez did not complete the proper paperwork nor did he complete the proper follow up applications within the one year limit, making that design ineligible for patent protection.
Most of what is mentioned above in regards to the patent process and the “he said, we said” is moot point as by the time of the correspondence between Mr. Fernandez and our attorney we were deep into the testing of our new Integrated Anti Coning Technology and we discontinued the old antiquated design. We took this design off of our website, Pirate4x4, and all other advertising of this design at Mr. Fernandez’s request.
We have never made any claim that Mr. Fernandez’s design doesn’t function as intended, we only state that we have moved forward with a design that is improved. It is typical for a business to improve on the products that they manufacture. In our opinion this new Integrated Anti Coning Technology is a major improvement over the prior design.

Mr. Fernandez consistently makes false accusations about our Integrated Anti Coning Technology. These accusations have no basis in fact nor does Mr. Fernandez have any evidence to back up his claims about our product. The fact of the matter is our design works and it works well. Our customers are very happy with our Integrated Anti Coning Technology and we have countless trail miles on our design. One of Mr. Fernandez’s claims is that our rings will fail under the stress of the bolt load on the inner and outer rings. This claim would also then be true of all of the current and past manufacturers that provide a rolled ring with the weld on beadlocks kits they manufacture, as they share the same layout on the anti-coning locations. The rolled ring method of anti-coning has been a long time standard within the industry. It has worked flawlessly for many manufacturers and our Integrated Anti Coning Technology supports the inner and outer rings in the same manner as the rolled rings. What differentiates our Integrated Anti Coning Technology from the other designs is the lack of extra parts. All of our anti coning is built into the inner ring, allowing us to offer our customers a product that saves them money by not having to upcharge for optional anti coning rings and saves on shipping weight.

I was recently talking with Dan at RuffStuff Specialties and was reminded that when he first came out with his press broke brake brackets other manufactures claimed they would never work. However 13,000 plus units later Dan’s brackets continue to function as intended and have raised the standard within that industry. Mr. Fernandez has tried to say the same thing about our Integrated Anti Coning Technology. Mr. Fernandez would like everyone to believe our design doesn’t work correctly, and will wad up into a wrinkled mess. This has been proven not to be true by our long term testing and many happy customers. We at Total Metal Innovations cannot fathom how we could have happy customers if our rings were failing like Mr. Fernandez would like everyone to believe.

Total Metal Innovations has always addressed Mr. Fernandez and his company in a respectful manner. Upon receiving his first letter accusing us of violating his patent we responded as any respectful business would. The very first thing we did was drop the old style segmented anti coning rings from our product line up while we investigated his claims. Secondly, we asked him to provide us with proof of a held patent, which we were denied, which left us with no other option other than have our attorney contact him. We have responded to all of Mr. Fernandez’s letters in a timely manner and with respect in regards to his intellectual property. In return Mr. Fernandez replied with the following private message to us in this forum.

The following message is exactly how I received it from Mr. Fernandez without any modifications:

“and you sir can go fuck yourself dont send me shit anymore your a ahole and i should post up the whole story of you having a lawyer send me a letter when you new i was in the rite you tried to steel my design and after you couldnt you came up with some lame ass half design i dont think you are capable of much more thats why i laugh at my new desing your campain is not going to do you well in the long run i can cut my prices every day infact just because you decided to send me a note educating me on your issue i may just do it find something you are good at and learn to play nice not get all but hurt when nobody wants to play with you”

The irony in all of this is that Mr. Fernandez wants other companies to respect his intellectual property, such as not use a design he believes has a patent pending status, all the while he continues to sell products with other businesses intellectual property. For example, Mr. Fernandez’s business DIYBEADLOCKS sells many beadlocks depicting trademarked or copyrighted images. These designs include his Punisher, Transformers, and Monster Energy, to name a few. It is our belief that Mr. Fernandez only wants to protect intellectual property when it is property he believes he has the right to. But when it serves his interests, he has no issue using other people’s work.

I am not sure the angle that Mr. Fernandez is trying to take with his agenda other than to discredit our products and innovative ideas. We can only believe he is unhappy that someone else is leading the way with new product ideas, resourceful thinking and the desire to improve products for the good of the customer.

Total Metal Innovations is committed to providing our customers with the best possible product at competitive prices. If anyone has any questions about our products please feel free to contact us at:

Tyler@totalmetalinnovations.com
private message on Pirate4x4
or by phone at 541-223-8608
Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2012, 07:06 AM   #3 (permalink)
Fab

Member # 44539
Lets see some pics of your anti coning rings
Fab is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2012, 07:55 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 151321
Tyler is a stand up guy that id highly recomend! I pirchased a set of beadlocks and acr's from him like a month ago and had them in my hand like 2 days later. Look great and fit great. I will post up some pics of them when I get home.

I wish you had those acr's when I bought mine, definetely should save on weight.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:52 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 151321
I put a bunch of airsoft pellets in each tire(36's), let me see how they drive and go from there since they are already all welded on and most importantly the agony of torqueing down all of those bolts is still fresh in my mind!
Old 03-04-2012, 09:48 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 151321

Old 03-05-2012, 03:40 AM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 186158
Shipping

How much is shipping for a set of 3/16 15"s to Ohio??? With and without hardware? Thanks
john.buonanno is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2012, 04:15 PM   #8 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 70933
Another design

Old 03-07-2012, 06:28 PM   #9 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 70933
Customer supplied photo of a set of Beadlocks we recently shipped out.

Old 03-12-2012, 08:40 AM   #10 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 70933
Thank you for all the orders over the weekend.
Old 03-13-2012, 03:32 PM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 24588
Send a message via AIM to jeepman00
Quote me a price on 4 16.5 pattern 3 cut from 1/4. Shipped to 35630. It can be a business address with forklift if it cheaper.

Thanks
Beau
jeepman00 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2012, 05:38 PM   #12 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 70933
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepman00 View Post
Quote me a price on 4 16.5 pattern 3 cut from 1/4. Shipped to 35630. It can be a business address with forklift if it cheaper.

Thanks
Beau
PM Sent
Old 03-22-2012, 11:17 PM   #13 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 70933

Just a few of the beadlocks cut this week. Thank you for all the orders!!

Old 04-05-2012, 10:01 PM   #14 (permalink)

Member # 215884
love the chevy steel beadlock.
Old 04-09-2012, 06:17 PM   #15 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 70933
Customer supplied photo of design #3. Most 15 inch style in stock and ready to ship. Very short lead time on all other sizes. Plenty of inners in stock all sizes.

Old 04-17-2012, 08:54 AM   #16 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 70933
Thank you for all the orders.

Here is part of the orders from over the weekend.

Old 04-20-2012, 09:36 PM   #17 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 45481
Bump it up for a great vendor.

He ships crazy fast and offers a clean product .
Attached Images

Aerospace Tool&Die by trade..Don't call me a machinist!

Currently enduring the mother of all affirmative action hires!

TEAM CARWASH 2010 TTC CHAMPS
JeffHPK5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2012, 08:09 PM   #18 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 70933
Customer sent photo of some custom designed beadlocks send to Hawaii!

Old 04-30-2012, 08:31 AM   #19 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 70933
Thank you for all the orders over the weekend. FedEx driver will get a workout today!
Old 05-15-2012, 04:56 PM   #20 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 70933

We are going to be in the Reno, NV area for the Cal-Neva Extreme event this weekend anyone in the area that can meet us at the event, we can haul your orders placed before Thursday May 17th for free.
Old 05-15-2012, 08:28 PM   #21 (permalink)

Member # 96769
Ive got a Yj that i am swapping in fullsize Ford axles (built 44 with 60 outer's and a 9" that measures 64 wms. Im already 3 inches out on each side and I need some advice as to backspacing? I want to pull them in as close as possible to make up some of the difference in the 6" wider axle but i dont want the lockouts sticking out there like a sore thumb waiting to take a beating. I plan on ordering a set of your weld on beadlocks but ive got to get the wheels here first and i want to make sure i can make up some of the difference. On my alloy wheels with 35's im rolling on 4.5" backspacing with a 5 on 4.5 pattern and i need to jump to 5 on 5.5. Any advice would be greatly appreciated on what I should do and i want those brass knuckle outers!
Rafartist is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2012, 12:19 AM   #22 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 70933
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafartist View Post
Ive got a Yj that i am swapping in fullsize Ford axles (built 44 with 60 outer's and a 9" that measures 64 wms. Im already 3 inches out on each side and I need some advice as to backspacing? I want to pull them in as close as possible to make up some of the difference in the 6" wider axle but i dont want the lockouts sticking out there like a sore thumb waiting to take a beating. I plan on ordering a set of your weld on beadlocks but ive got to get the wheels here first and i want to make sure i can make up some of the difference. On my alloy wheels with 35's im rolling on 4.5" backspacing with a 5 on 4.5 pattern and i need to jump to 5 on 5.5. Any advice would be greatly appreciated on what I should do and i want those brass knuckle outers!
Pm sent.
Old 05-17-2012, 04:34 PM   #23 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 70933
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockrunner86 View Post

We are going to be in the Reno, NV area for the Cal-Neva Extreme event this weekend anyone in the area that can meet us at the event, we can haul your orders placed before Thursday May 17th for free.
Almost a full load going to Reno, there is time to squeeze a few more orders for free shipping to Reno this weekend.
Old 05-18-2012, 08:52 AM   #24 (permalink)

Member # 84648
do you make these for aluminum wheels as well and what the price difference?

I assume that it would include an aluminum weld on ring and a steel outer?
cody c is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2012, 01:20 PM   #25 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 70933
Quote:
Originally Posted by cody c View Post
do you make these for aluminum wheels as well and what the price difference?

I assume that it would include an aluminum weld on ring and a steel outer?
PM Sent

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.