Pirate 4x4 banner

Dana 60 front 3/4 ton brake conversion kit

147K views 390 replies 116 participants last post by  round eye square guy 
#1 ·
Dana 60 front 3/4 ton brake conversion kit $295 shipped

Why should you convert your front axle to 3/4 ton disc brakes?

1. Lighter weight - about 41lbs
2. Firmer feel of brake pedal
3. Still can stop 44" tires
4. Clears most 15" steel wheels with 3.5" or less backspacing
5. Works with all known aftermarket knuckles including Solid, Reid, and Crane Knuckles.

I offer these kits for:

76-79 Ford Dana 44
76-97 Ford Dana 60 (Ball joint axles may require some trimming of original bracket made into knuckle)
77-91 Chevy Dana 60
90-93 Dodge Dana 60

On Chevy or Dodge kits test fit the studs in the rotor first. You may need to drill the rotors out to 11/16 before pressing the studs in.

Why buy from Lugnut4x4?

1. I try to have the best price. I don't know of anyone cheaper. My basic kit is $295 shipped.

2. I try to provide the best quality. I use custom made stainless steel banjo bolts. Why? Because regular ones rust and they can be hard to paint. I use Wagner pads instead of cheap China pads. I include new wheel seals. If you are going to have it apart, why not put new seals in?

3. I ship fast! I use priority mail so I can ship anywhere in the USA in 2-3 days. My competitors use ground service.

4. Options! - I have two different calipers to choose from, clockable brackets, different pad options, and even slotted rotors.

5. Nobody can beat my service. I specialize in brake kits and have kits for axles that nobody else does. I have all Lugnut4x4 emails forwarded to my phone so I can reply within minutes most of the time. Every kit includes a business card with my person cell phone also.

This is a complete kit and includes:

2) GM 12.5" rotors
2) 3/8" brackets
2) GM calipers
2) caliper pins
1) set high quality semi metallic pads
4) copper washers
2) banjo bolts
2) new wheel seals

The ford kit uses a 1/8" spacer bracket which is included and goes between the bracket and knuckle.

The Chevy and Dodge kit bracket mounts outside the spindle like the original factory design. You must leave off the small dist shield when installing the new rotor or it will hit.

The calipers are 1980 Chevy 3/4 ton 4x4 front JB6 calipers. The pads I ship are a very high quality and should do very well on the street or on the trail. The rotors are stock from 1980 Chevy 3/4 ton K20 4x4. I include a paper with all the parts details.

The price is $295 shipped. link to buy

Need brackets only? $100 shipped

Need hoses? Braided stainless hoses 18" long are only $60 more for two. I highly recommend this.

Testimony from Sluggo Plybon (Rock bouncer racer)

A big thanks to Lugnut 4x4 for the new disc brake setup for my bouncer. They hooked me up with this and it shaved 40 pounds of weight from the original setup. Grabs harder and stops when it's suppose to now!!! Look them up great guys to deal with for all your 8 lug brake conversions.

Chevy kit shown - Ford has 5 holes for spindle and a spacer.

See less See more
#3 ·
What does your kit consist of?

I did this conversion years ago to my Dodge kingpin 60 front - And I agree with everything you said... it's a GREAT upgrade - glad to see you putting out a kit :cool2:

#12 · (Edited)
damit!
i JUST found your post!
i had to piece my kit together using tmr brackets & then battle the tards at o'reillys to get the rotors, calipers, & pads.
your sir would have saved me a ton of money & time with your complete kit!

#13 ·
Here's a few pics of the kit installed on a Chevy front 60:

Comparison of the brackets:

The caliper bracket bolted up. Goes in between the spindle and knuckle, I asked shawn about this and he said he's been running this setup for years on his buggy with no problems.

Rotor and caliper all bolted up.

Overall its really a simple, straight forward install. I wish I had a scale to compare the weight of the 1 ton vs 3/4 ton, the 3/4 ton stuff is definitely a lot lighter.

I haven't gotten a chance to drive on it yet but I'll report back when I do.

#22 ·
That's a tricky question. The 3/4 ton kit will clear wheels that the 1 ton kit will not. It will not clear all wheels though because of differences and backspacing and material thickness. For example it will not clear an aluminum rim with 4 inches of backspacing. It will clear a steel rim with 2.75 inches backspacing. Anything between those 2 numbers will depend on the manufacture and type of wheel.

#33 ·
Will these fit with the Reid knuckles? Or does the caliper hit the knuckle. I bought a similar kit and tried to install it on 79 Ford dana 60, but without grinding off a lot of material from the knuckle, the bolt holes won't line up.

#39 ·
Has anyone confirmed this will work on a ball joint axle ? I can't see why it wouldn't but I'm admittedly no axle guru. I have a 92' d60 I need these for if they will work. I have almost brand new 42/14/15 Iroks that I would like to keep and this kit would make running 15" rims with a 8x6.5bp easier.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.