Pirate 4x4 banner

Torq 14 Bolt Resurrection Kit (Standard & JK Kits)

6K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  Dookey 
#1 ·
If you are looking for a performance rear axle option but you are on a budget we have an awesome new kit.

The Torq 14 Bolt Resurrection JK Kit is the perfect solution to put a bullet proof 1-ton rear axle under your ride without breaking the bank.

What it is-

The kit is simple. We provide you with a new fabricated axle housing complete with spindles and a Torq-14 3rd member. The JK Kit adds JK brackets welded and tone rings. All you need is a single rear wheel 14 bolt axle (Early to 1998). This kit allows you to reuse the axle, shafts, hubs, adjuster nuts, pinion support, carrier and gears out of junkyard 14 bolt.

The benefits-

There are a number of benefits with this kit but here are the big one. The Resurrection Kit eliminates the need to shave your 14 bolt (housing or gears) The JK kit allows you to bolt the axle housing into your JK. This eliminates a ton of fabrication headache in doing a shave job and the possibility of having the shave job leak. Many of the donor axles are equipped with 4.10 gears, as well, which saves you money on regearing costs on your JK. Once the axle is built, the complete package is near Dana 80 strength while weighing much less. Beyond these benefits you are getting axle design and technology that has been developed over 4 years of King of the Hammers / Ultra 4 racing specifically designed for off road abuse.

The cost-

$2395 Standard 14 Bolt Resurrection Kit (No Brackets or Tone Rings)
$3120.95 JK Kit (Includes JK Brackets & Tone Rings) (EDIT): JK Price below includes rear brake brackets. Our brake brackets work with Eldorado '76 to '78 calipers.

Auto part Vehicle Transmission part Drive shaft

Torq Fabricated Axle Housing shown with JK Brackets & Spindles

Chain Fashion accessory Metal Jewellery Silver

Torq 52 tooth Tone Rings

Auto part Automotive engine part Engine Tool accessory Machine

Torq-14 Nodular Iron 3rd Member

Pipe Machine

Torq Standard Fabbed Housing with Billet Spindles

See less See more
#3 ·
Here are some things to consider when looking at the Torq Resurrection Kit vs. a 14 bolt shave kit.

On our fabricated axle housings the measurement from the axle tube to the bottom of the housing is 4-1/4".

In comparison to what you get out of a 14 bolt shave kit our offering is pretty good especially with the fact that you do not need to shave the ring gear. (As diff guys we are not fans of shaving gears)

Auto part Pipe Vehicle Machine Metal

Auto part Machine Vehicle

Machine

Joint Hand Tire Rim Finger

#7 ·
I built a junk yard 14 bolt only to find out the passenger spindle was out of alignment by a good stretch. So I pulled everything out of it and bought this kit since I knew everything was fresh.

I'm a big fan of over kill. That way my Jeep should hold up past the point I puss out.

#9 ·
Dana 60 up front gives you 1 advantage I can think about. High pinion.

There has obviously been a troubled road shoving a Torq 14 in the front of a JK and having never done it the only thing I can say is that if you go into it thinking you won't have adversity you probably should be fabricating. :)

Having said all that... I do run Torq 14's front and rear. I like things to mate up. Now I just need to sprinkle some fairy dust on Torq Motorsports and magically make them create a HP drop out for my front axle. :laughing:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.