Pirate 4x4 banner

dually disc brake kit

5K views 41 replies 6 participants last post by  GubNi 
#1 ·
#4 ·
Subscribing for Ford Sterling 10.25 info. Love to help just can't dedicate thea time. If your in a pinch let me know.

#6 ·
I have a Dana 70HD with 16.5" wheels.

Does your kit have a park brake and will it have more stopping power than the factory drums? Both of those are really important to me.

I have been considering swapping to an AAM axle out of a duramax in order to get factory discs and the electric locker

#7 ·
I have a Dana 70HD with 16.5" wheels.

Does your kit have a park brake and will it have more stopping power than the factory drums? Both of those are really important to me.

I have been considering swapping to an AAM axle out of a duramax in order to get factory discs and the electric locker

Yes, I do have an option for parking brake.

Stopping power compared to worn out drum brakes will be noticeably improved. Most people don't realize that as the drum gets worn the shoes don't fit as well. Unless you replace the drums every time you replace the shoes you will gradually loose stopping power. By putting on a disc kit it should bring stopping power back to like new or maybe even better than new. If you wanted more stopping power you could always switch to hawk pads and slotted rotors, but I would not recommend that for the rear as too much stopping power in the rear is not good.

#8 ·
I am developing a dually disc brake kit. I need some people that are willing to try out the prototype and send me pictures. The price is $390. In exchange for sending pics and a review you will receive $100 refund. PM me and tell me what axle you have and what size wheels if interested. This offer is for people who are running dually wheels only. This kit should work on 14 bolt dually axles, dana 70 and 80 axles, and sterling 10.25.
Will it have a parking brake? I have a 93F350 dually that needs rear brakes but it needs the parking brake as it's a bucket truck.

#13 ·
Do you have any pics of this kit installed on a Sterling 10.25 running 16 inch dual wheels?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.