8.8 Swap Kit w/ TRUSS. Ditch that Dana 35 for good! - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Vendor's Marketplace > Axles/Tires/Wheels
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2011, 01:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
InArtecWeTruss

Member # 117381
8.8 Swap Kit w/ TRUSS. Ditch that Dana 35 for good!

TJ 8.8 SWAP KIT with AXLE TRUSS
All the brackets necessary for the popular Explorer 8.8 rear axle
swap into a Jeep TJ Wrangler ('97-'06)

Artec Industries is excited to announce the TJ 8.8 Axle Swap Kit. This heavy duty truss and bracket system is designed to take serious abuse and reinforce your entire axle while also providing the factory link, anti-sway bar, and shock locations. The 1/4" thick truss top incorporates a unique design to strengthen both the axle and incorporate the link brackets for ease of installation and added strength. By incorporating the link mounts into the truss, hours of work and trial and error can be avoided when compared to other bracket systems. Simply tack weld the truss together, place it on the axle and all the other brackets fit into place exactly where they need to be.

The Ford Explorer 8.8 features: same lug nut bolt pattern as dana 35, 3-1/4" diameter tubes as compared to 2.625" dana 35, disc brakes (1995 & newer), 31 spline axle shafts, 8.8" diameter ring gear which 120% stronger than dana 35, only 20 pounds more than dana 35, and a trac-loc differential stock. When swapping, the 3.73 gear ratio may need to be changed to match your Jeep gears and wheel spacers may be necessary to bring the width back to factory specs since the 8.8 is 1.25" narrower than the dana 35.

Features include:

•1/4" thick mild steel truss and brackets for much higher strength than the factory bracket and other aftermarket brackets. Precision CNC cut and bent for great fitment.*
•Includes all the brackets necessary for a complete axle swap including upper and lower control arm mounts, shock mounts, anti-sway bar mounts, tracbar mount, and coil spring mounts.
•Save hours of installation time. Brackets are jigged into truss and set exact position automatically. All other brackets just need to line up to truss, no guessing and measuring involved.
•Tracbar mount includes both factory location and lifted bracket location for those who have aftermarket lifts.
•Easily upgradeable for future link geometry changes. Just trim off factory location upper link mounts and weld on new centered link mounts.
•Truss is reinforced using interlocked 1/4 thick gussets for maximum strength and easy assembly.
•Overall low profile design means your axle is stronger, sleaker, easier to fit into any vehicle, and less likely to interfere with vehicle components.

NOTE: This kit requires general welding and fabrication skills. Welding should only be done by a competent welder. Artec Industries implies no guarantees or warranties and is not liable for improper installation.
*Some grinding and fitment may be required when installing this kit. Every axle varies slightly and some fabrication may be required. Will require brake line relocation to fit.

LINK
Only $329.99. And ready to ship out

Coupon Code: "pirate4x4" gets you 10% off

Like us on FACEBOOK
Quick Links: Battery Mounts ULTIMATE HIGH STEER QUART CRATE Axle Trusses Fuel Cell Mounts
Artec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 09:42 AM   #2 (permalink)
InArtecWeTruss

Member # 117381
Wow, apparently this was a very much needed product. Thanks for the orders last night and this morning. Call us if you have any questions.

One question we had this morning was...are the coil plates part of the truss or separate?

The coil plates are separate from the truss. Here is the beauty of the design.
Normally with other 8.8 bracket kits you have to measure everything to find out the exact positioning of each bracket. This can be a challenge because the 8.8 axle is offset a few inches from the dana 35 so things are not as simple.

With our truss though, it couldn't be easier. Simply jig the truss together with the integrated upper control arm mounts. Tack weld the long truss gussets together and the whole truss holds together. Drop the truss right on the axle and it automatically locates the upper link brackets. Next all you need to do is butt up the coil link brackets next to the sides of the truss. The coil plates are automatically located, no calculations required.

This can really speed up the time it takes to install this kit and it saves you trial and error time too. We built this kit with the installation in mind and knew that just copying the stock brackets would not be enough. Plus for about the same price as other kits out there you get 1/4" material instead of 3/16" and a truss too. The truss is not only good for strengthening the axle, but it also allows for a mounting position for those who choose later to have more triangulated upper control arms and want to mount brackets on the truss top.

If you know someone with a stock rear axle, do them a favor and let them know about our 8.8 swap kit.

Like us on FACEBOOK
Quick Links: Battery Mounts ULTIMATE HIGH STEER QUART CRATE Axle Trusses Fuel Cell Mounts
Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2011, 01:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 118721
Will your Dana 44 Wagoneer truss work on a TJ/LJ Dana 44? Looking to do a triangulated four link.

Thanks
titleguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 04:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
InArtecWeTruss

Member # 117381
Probably not, though I will be making a d44 version of this kit in the near future, probably in a month or two at this point.

Like us on FACEBOOK
Old 08-15-2011, 04:46 PM   #5 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 114505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artec View Post
Probably not, though I will be making a d44 version of this kit in the near future, probably in a month or two at this point.
How about one for a waggy 44 front with mounts for a tj install?

Tim
gssfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 05:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
InArtecWeTruss

Member # 117381
Quote:
Originally Posted by gssfc View Post
How about one for a waggy 44 front with mounts for a tj install?

Tim
In the plans though it'll likely be in a couple months. The next month is really jam packed right now.

Like us on FACEBOOK
Old 08-15-2011, 05:20 PM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 26940
Send a message via AIM to Clemsonkrawler
Beautiful product. Thumbs up.
Old 08-16-2011, 12:55 AM   #8 (permalink)
OUTLAW MOTORSPORTS

Member # 69112
how about one for a 14b in the stock location for tj ?
Old 08-16-2011, 12:58 AM   #9 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 118077
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4doorchevy View Post
x2
Old 08-16-2011, 08:11 AM   #10 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 30427
excellent product!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellyDoc View Post
Q: What's stronger than 300M?
A: Stupidity.
getstucksome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 01:52 PM   #11 (permalink)
InArtecWeTruss

Member # 117381
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4doorchevy View Post
Do you want the uppers and tracbar in the stock location?

Like us on FACEBOOK
Old 08-16-2011, 01:57 PM   #12 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 118077
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artec View Post
Do you want the uppers and tracbar in the stock location?

I think that will work I am just going to add like 2" to 4" to my arms. Can you tie in the yoke gard to the truss like the 14 bolt that you make

Last edited by upsidedown2; 08-16-2011 at 02:00 PM.
upsidedown2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 02:52 PM   #13 (permalink)
InArtecWeTruss

Member # 117381
Quote:
Originally Posted by upsidedown2 View Post
I think that will work I am just going to add like 2" to 4" to my arms. Can you tie in the yoke gard to the truss like the 14 bolt that you make
I will design it that way. Might take me some time though, trying to wrap up all the other iterations.

Like us on FACEBOOK
Old 08-19-2011, 12:10 PM   #14 (permalink)
InArtecWeTruss

Member # 117381
For anyone with a stock rear dana 35 this is really a great upgrade to a much stronger axle. With this truss, I can't be an easier swap. Put the truss piece together (couple tack welds) and plop it right on the axle. Centers it automatically and sets up the other brackets in the right positions too.

Like us on FACEBOOK
Old 08-22-2011, 02:12 PM   #15 (permalink)
InArtecWeTruss

Member # 117381
A great and easy upgrade from those stock axles.

Like us on FACEBOOK
Old 08-22-2011, 03:17 PM   #16 (permalink)

Member # 105602
seems like a good price, if this was out when i did mine i would have got this instead of reusing the stock 35 brackets..
akafred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 04:10 PM   #17 (permalink)
InArtecWeTruss

Member # 117381
Quote:
Originally Posted by akafred View Post
seems like a good price, if this was out when i did mine i would have got this instead of reusing the stock 35 brackets..
Might even be worth it to take those stock bracket off anyways. Those things are flimsy and this includes a truss too.

Like us on FACEBOOK
Old 09-13-2011, 12:54 PM   #18 (permalink)
InArtecWeTruss

Member # 117381
We shipped out a bunch of these last week. The next batch is cutting today and tomorrow. Thanks for all the orders.

Like us on FACEBOOK
Old 09-14-2011, 09:14 AM   #19 (permalink)
InArtecWeTruss

Member # 117381
These are really a hot ticket.

Like us on FACEBOOK
Old 09-15-2011, 09:24 AM   #20 (permalink)
InArtecWeTruss

Member # 117381
Finished up the install instructions late yesterday and I'll have them posted later today.

Like us on FACEBOOK
Old 09-15-2011, 05:09 PM   #21 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 17537
Would love to work this into maybe a kit for linking a YJ. I wish I was in the states so I could call, but might be a great kit. Use the TJ truss and sell the brackets for the frame side. Be a fairly simple on your end I think, then the user could use TJ springs, or air/coilovers. I would buy it for when I put an 8.8 in my YJ when I get home.
Mr Roxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 05:16 PM   #22 (permalink)

Member # 66137
if the F and R Waggy 44 kits are similar in price and concept to the 8.8 swap i'd be in for one of each.
frank_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 06:16 PM   #23 (permalink)
InArtecWeTruss

Member # 117381
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Roxy View Post
Would love to work this into maybe a kit for linking a YJ. I wish I was in the states so I could call, but might be a great kit. Use the TJ truss and sell the brackets for the frame side. Be a fairly simple on your end I think, then the user could use TJ springs, or air/coilovers. I would buy it for when I put an 8.8 in my YJ when I get home.
Thats a good idea Robert, I'll have to work that into the r&d schedule. I have everything else to make that kit too. I'd probably say doing triangulated uppers and ditching the panhard would be good instead though, but I like the whole kit idea. It'll definitely make switching a YJ to links a whole lot easier.

BTW, we had alot of fun hanging out with Roxy at Stampede. We'd like to actually meet you in person some time. Take a break from protecting all of us sometime and we'll hang out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_c View Post
if the F and R Waggy 44 kits are similar in price and concept to the 8.8 swap i'd be in for one of each.
We plan on at least a waggy 44 rear version too, just takes time though.

Like us on FACEBOOK
Old 09-16-2011, 01:11 PM   #24 (permalink)
InArtecWeTruss

Member # 117381
These 8.8 TJ swap kits are now available and ready to ship. I will continue the Introductory SALE until Monday, Sept 26th. Get in on the BEST Pricing you will see on these kits.

Like us on FACEBOOK
Old 09-17-2011, 03:45 PM   #25 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 17537
Let me know about the kit, gonna put an 8.8 in my daily driver YJ when I get home. Definatly need to hang out and maybe come run some of your famous secret trails you guys have out there. Only 8 more months....lol
Mr Roxy is offline   Reply With Quote