Brian 468 Bad Seller! - Page 4 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Classifieds > Bad Sellers, Disputes, etc...
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2011, 10:40 AM   #76 (permalink)

Member # 21756
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ho Shorts View Post
If it was deposited, it's in your bank account plain and simple

You deposited a PRE PAID (money paid up front to obtain) money order into your bank account and now you are refusing to show anyone your statement's. It's not rocket science pal, the money is in there and you are dragging this out as long as possible hoping it will go away.

Did the coins ever really exist? You can tell me I won't tell anyone
i`m not refusing to show anybody anything, Rod never told me he didnt get his money back, i`ll gladly send him a copy if he`d pm me his email adress, I cant use the pirate link because I cant attach an image.

i`m not dragging anything out and in a couple days when Rod and mudtoy get a response from western union everybody will see that I never had his money.

and yes the coins existed, they still do as I figured it would be wrong to sell them to anybody else when all this was initially going on, yet i`m getting shit anyways
Old 10-28-2011, 11:14 AM   #77 (permalink)

Member # 121426
I hate work....!

Been gone a day for work... MudToy is now me! He called Western Union and tried tracking this down. They referred him to a separate department and he should get a response in a day or two. I am awaiting that response. Thanks to MudToy for doing that, he didn't mean to, he just ended up getting further with his phone call than he planned and I hadn't called yet.

As for a phot copy of the bank statement, I believe Brian deposited the MO. So a copy of the bank statement wouldn't help me much as far as I know unless anybody can think of a reason.... other than to prove Brian deposited it. But I believe he deopsited it. My question is.. If he deposited it, and it showed up on his bank statement, then what happened to the $60?
Did he jsut not notice an additional $60 in his account? Did they send him a notice a few days later saying denied, or NSF or ....?

Let's al be nice to Brian now that he is communicating! That's all I wanted in the past was some effort and an explanation. Like I said in a previous post, if I had sent him a MO for a million bucks, I bet he would be very interested in what happened to his money. I treat all money the same whether its a million bucks or five bucks...to me it's principal.

Lets wait another day or two and see what Western Union says.
Old 10-28-2011, 12:12 PM   #78 (permalink)

Member # 21756
I was communicating with you, when you threatened me that I needed to send you the coins or your money back is when I stopped responding to your pm`s, since you were posting threads I figured i`d just post in them for everybody to see, if I had known months ago you didnt get your money back I would have called my bank again.

I have no reason to rip anybody off, be it for 65 dollars or a million dollars and in 8 years of being a member nobody else has had an issue with buying from or selling to me.
Old 10-28-2011, 03:39 PM   #79 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 109328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian468 View Post
I was communicating with you, when you threatened me that I needed to send you the coins or your money back is when I stopped responding to your pm`s, since you were posting threads I figured i`d just post in them for everybody to see, if I had known months ago you didnt get your money back I would have called my bank again.

I have no reason to rip anybody off, be it for 65 dollars or a million dollars and in 8 years of being a member nobody else has had an issue with buying from or selling to me.
Other good transactions have nothing to do with this and certainly don't make up for this. All your posts go round and round reiterate the same thing. You still haven't made any effort to correct the situation
You don't need to take off the cover, just stick a screwdriver in that 50amp 240V plug under the panel while licking your fingers and touching the door of the panel. If your pecker rips through your jeans it's 3 phase.
Ho Shorts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 08:31 PM   #80 (permalink)

Member # 21756
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ho Shorts View Post
Other good transactions have nothing to do with this and certainly don't make up for this. All your posts go round and round reiterate the same thing. You still haven't made any effort to correct the situation

I talked to my bank and western union when this initially was going on months ago, obviously back then I wanted it resolved for me and him, I didnt know he had not gotten his money back until a couple days ago when I saw this thread.
Old 10-29-2011, 08:40 AM   #81 (permalink)

Member # 145160
tar and feather the bastard lmfao!!!!
the whole situation sounds screwy.... he should have sent a usps mo i've never had any problems with them. western union has always sucked. paypal would have been the best bet.
this has been going on way too long brian. if you ever expect anyone too buy anything from you again you gotta make this right. not only are leaving a bad mark on your name, but you make vets like us look bad. you are a vet right??? make it right.
Old 10-29-2011, 08:53 AM   #82 (permalink)
Karnage

Member # 55444
Not to sound like an ass, but why is everyone telling him to make it right? I think I';m reading this all right,

1. He wanted a postal order
2. He got a Western Union order
3. He got no money

If the buyer had given him the postal order that he wanted, this never would have been an issue. If it turns out that western union never released the money to him, is everyone in here going to apologize? If I was the buyer I'd be pissed about losing the cash, but as a seller, if someone cant follow instructions, should that be my fault?

Again, not to stir shit up, but I dont get why everyone is laying this on the seller.

Last edited by spidr; 10-29-2011 at 08:53 AM.
spidr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 08:54 AM   #83 (permalink)

Member # 14072
If nothing else, you're a shitty seller for not following up with your bank aggressively about the money order, then assuming the buyer had gotten his money back. If its worth your time to post for sale and collect funds, it's worth your time to be on the bank's ass about the money order.

There is an explanation if you didn't get the funds as you claim. You've just been too fucking lazy to address it.
Old 10-29-2011, 09:23 AM   #84 (permalink)

Member # 21756
what explanation do you want? I recieved the money order, I went to every western union location around (4) and they all stated they dont cash money orders unless they were purchased there so I deposited it and was informed it may take a couple weeks, after a couple weeks me and Rod were still talking and I was calling every few days to see what was going on (still no money for me) he started getting mad (not that I blame him) and when he told me he wanted the coins or his money I called him some shit and said i`d stop responding to his pm`s, after the last chit chat thread I heard nothing for months so I figured he had his money back, I only came upon this thread by accident.

you fuckers call me what you want seems like i`ve already been found guilty anyways, I know i`m not a thief and I was trying to help resolve the situation up until the point I was given an ultimatum
Old 10-29-2011, 09:41 AM   #85 (permalink)

Member # 51984
Quote:
Originally Posted by spidr View Post
Not to sound like an ass, but why is everyone telling him to make it right? I think I';m reading this all right,

1. He wanted a postal order
2. He got a Western Union order
3. He got no money

If the buyer had given him the postal order that he wanted, this never would have been an issue. If it turns out that western union never released the money to him, is everyone in here going to apologize? If I was the buyer I'd be pissed about losing the cash, but as a seller, if someone cant follow instructions, should that be my fault?

Again, not to stir shit up, but I dont get why everyone is laying this on the seller.

X2....I mean what part of "postal" is so hard to comprehend? I would have done about as much as the seller has then said its your problem. If he was The crook he's being made out to be I doubt he would have wanted a "postal" money order.
250f4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 09:42 AM   #86 (permalink)

Member # 85771
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Jefe View Post
If nothing else, you're a shitty seller for not following up with your bank aggressively about the money order, then assuming the buyer had gotten his money back. If its worth your time to post for sale and collect funds, it's worth your time to be on the bank's ass about the money order.

There is an explanation if you didn't get the funds as you claim. You've just been too fucking lazy to address it.
So the buyer doesnt follow directions and now the seller is lazy because he isnt doing leg work?
Old 10-29-2011, 09:48 AM   #87 (permalink)

Member # 51984
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickwillygump View Post
tar and feather the bastard lmfao!!!!
the whole situation sounds screwy.... he should have sent a usps mo i've never had any problems with them. western union has always sucked. paypal would have been the best bet.
this has been going on way too long brian. if you ever expect anyone too buy anything from you again you gotta make this right. not only are leaving a bad mark on your name, but you make vets like us look bad. you are a vet right??? make it right.
How's he making vets look bad? If its a vet seller and buyers check bounces the vet should just give him the item cause for some reason that's honerable? Pppfff
250f4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 10:45 AM   #88 (permalink)

Member # 21756
i`m not a veteran
Old 10-29-2011, 10:56 AM   #89 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 30359
Damn...everyone chill a bit.

There were problems on both sides of this whole deal. I'll admit Brian's attitude had me jumping toward him, and some of the other oddities of his story. Rod screwed up by not sending the right type of MO, and once I called WU it seems it should have been pretty easy for him to do more leg work on his own.

Let's just see what Western Union has to say. I have not heard back from them yet, if I don't in the next day or two I'll call again. I've got more info from Rod now that may help find this thing.

Quote:
Texan. Saved my neck twice... once after he was dead.

Last edited by mudtoy67; 10-29-2011 at 10:59 AM.
mudtoy67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 11:13 AM   #90 (permalink)

Member # 21756
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudtoy67 View Post
Damn...everyone chill a bit.

funny, when everyone was jumping on my ass it was ok, but a few people see my side of the story and now everyone needs to chill out
Old 10-29-2011, 11:20 AM   #91 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 30359
Quote:
funny, when everyone was jumping on my ass it was ok, but a few people see my side of the story and now everyone needs to chill out
Whatever dude.

Quote:
Texan. Saved my neck twice... once after he was dead.
mudtoy67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 11:25 AM   #92 (permalink)

Member # 145160
Quote:
i`m not a veteran
my bad... from what everyone was saying about you having a naval credit union account i assumed you were. if in fact the error lays with the seller then i will gladly pucker up, and say i'm sorry for doubting you. at this point this matter should be resolved off of pirate, so that your rep remains intact. you shold've just taken those coins too a pawn shop lol!!!
Old 10-29-2011, 12:12 PM   #93 (permalink)

Member # 21756
Quote:
my bad... from what everyone was saying about you having a naval credit union account i assumed you were. if in fact the error lays with the seller then i will gladly pucker up, and say i'm sorry for doubting you. at this point this matter should be resolved off of pirate, so that your rep remains intact. you shold've just taken those coins too a pawn shop lol!!!

one of the perks of working for a government contractor is your eligible to do business with NFCU, thats how I got my accounts with them a long time ago.

and i`d rather it be cleared up in public, my sellers rep is already shot from this bullshit.
Old 10-29-2011, 03:35 PM   #94 (permalink)

Member # 14072
Quote:
Originally Posted by ky scrambled View Post
So the buyer doesnt follow directions and now the seller is lazy because he isnt doing leg work?
Yes, because he accepted the payment. If he really only wanted a postal MO, he should've rejected payment. He took GUARANTEED FUNDS in the form of a WU money order...at that point it became HIS responsibility to get the money. Clearly the postal MO was not an important enough issue.
Old 10-29-2011, 05:17 PM   #95 (permalink)

Member # 145160
Quote:
Yes, because he accepted the payment. If he really only wanted a postal MO, he should've rejected payment. He took GUARANTEED FUNDS in the form of a WU money order...at that point it became HIS responsibility to get the money. Clearly the postal MO was not an important enough issue.

he makes a good point.
Old 10-29-2011, 05:27 PM   #96 (permalink)

Member # 56430
Quote:
Quote:
he makes a good point.
No he doesn't.
There's nothing "guaranteed" about those funds, any more than with a personal check.
He did what any reasonable person would do. Deposit the funds into the bank and see if they clear. And it didn't.
Old 10-29-2011, 06:55 PM   #97 (permalink)

Member # 21756
I didnt only want a postal money order but in my experience western union sucks and I told Rod up front my feelings towards western union, hell Rod said a few days ago in this thread he couldnt get a refund from them without the receipt sounds like a pretty shitty company to me.
Old 10-29-2011, 07:01 PM   #98 (permalink)

Member # 14072
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treeclimber View Post
No he doesn't.
There's nothing "guaranteed" about those funds, any more than with a personal check.
He did what any reasonable person would do. Deposit the funds into the bank and see if they clear. And it didn't.
Really? You equate a money order, purchased with CASH to a personal check which is essentially an IOU? Even if you do, my point about accepting the funds still stands.

If you don't like the way you're being paid, don't fucking accept it. Conceptually not difficult to wrap the mind around.
Old 10-30-2011, 07:38 PM   #99 (permalink)

Member # 21756
send me 65$ too, no western union money orders...
Old 10-31-2011, 02:24 PM   #100 (permalink)

Member # 121426
Update....

I went to the Raplh's grocery store where I purchased the money order. They can see the transaction but as a "third party" they cannot do anything.
So, I called up Western Union again and researched the status of the MO. It is "pending". I ended up getting bad attitude from "Sergio #392" and told that the MO is still pending with no stop payments etc. He said of the bank received the MO, then it should be paid.
"Sergio" said the MO is still active and can be paid if the bank receives the money order. Aside from that, I can request a stop payment or I can send them $30 to "track" the MO and see where it is in "the system"..... It should be in a Navy Fed Credit Union on Po-dunk Pennsylvania so I'm not sending Western Union any more money....
Brian if you get this, send me a copy of your bank statemnt with the MO shown on it. Feel free to black out any acct numbers etc.

Cliff's Notes: Bank says talk to Western Union, it's their fault....... Western Union says talk to Bank (or depositor), it's their fault.