Behemoth Drivetrain - Page 3 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Classifieds > Bad Sellers, Disputes, etc...
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2012, 03:51 PM   #51 (permalink)
TORQUE MONSTER

Member # 192582
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatty View Post
Wow. BDT. Not to be a dick, but you must have a huge set of brass balls. There are 2 pages of people saying how you always had excuse after excuse... finally delivered, but we don't know if it even works. So here aer my questions t you (only beause I was looking at this as well).

1. what is the turn around time on these?
2. why would I apy you half up front when as of right now, people are having problems geting their units
3. Are you still using friends shops to make these?
4. any real world testing done on these yet? How do I know if they even work?
Flatty, your feelings are well understood, and most likely shared with many. To make a long story short, I purchased machining equipment from a family business that was going under with hard feelings. I was told by my friend that I purchased them from, that I would be able to use the shop and pay the bill for a little while until I rented my own shop. Unbeknownst to me, the disgruntled family member had the electric shut off a month or so later. Add, terrible plate blank suppliers and several disagreements with MY electric company at MY new shop, and I am experiencing business ownership at its finest.

I don't expect anyone to care, or to make any kind of exceptions. I will make it right with these fine folks that have been so patient and understanding.

Now, on to your actual questions.
1. Any Strong Box ordered by Jan. 25, 2012 will be shipped on or before Feb. 24, 2012.
2. Half up front is covering materials and labor, the other half is my incentive.
3. Thankfully, no. I'm about 3/4 moved into the new shop, and actually assembled the last 2 kits and snapped some pics from there.
Address:
801 Commerce Drive Building #3
Leitchfield, KY 42754
4. Testing.... I've got 4 kits out there that are to be installed in the near future, and 78 Scronco will make #5 in about 3 weeks. Although, my actual kits have not been installed as of yet, there are many home brewed, resplined, or full length 1356 doublers out there cranking away, as well as different models with 4340 shafts.
The best I can do until the Customer Reviews come in (from those who still wish to participate under no obligation) is to give you a rundown of my basic procedures, and let you decide how they might fair considering the success of even the home brews.
1. The 1356 shaft centerline is mapped out, along with the bolt holes and shift fork guide shaft, down to 0.001".
2. That information is combined with my clocking system bolt patterns and spigot to complete the rear plate.
3. The clocking adapter/spacer is machined post-welding. It is bored straight through, drilled bolt pattern, and face milled in one setup to ensure a bore that is square with the face, and bolt holes that are centered with the bore.
Then, its flipped and face milled, and drilled for the other bolt pattern.
Since the thru bore is a straight-line bore done in one motion on a precision machine, your Strong Box will be centered with your NP205 with less than 0.003" misalignment.
4. All Strong Boxes now come with a tig welded top plate.
5. 4340 shafts 44-48 RC.... nuff said about that.
6. New seals, new bearings if needed, new shift fork wear inserts.
7. New hardened shift rail with your choice of Nuetral or without installed with a seal at the top to avoid leakage.

At some point, the weak link on your trail ride will be the obstacles that you encounter, and not your rig.
Jacob Clark - call or text 270 287 8663
Leitchfield, KY 42754
Jacob@behemothdrivetrain.com
Behemoth DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 04:46 PM   #52 (permalink)

Member # 177804
I have to say one thing, even though I have been frusterated with this whole ordeal I have to give Jacob some credit for not burying his head in the sand and running away. As pissed off as I was in some of our communications Jacob always returned an e-mail in a timely manner whether he had good news or another delay.

I plan on getting started on the install this weekend, I will start a new thread once I get it in and have a chance to beat on it a little. My 6500 pound pig should be able to put some stress on this unit.

Jim
jgalvin44102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2012, 02:18 PM   #53 (permalink)
pin it to win it

Member # 172461
i sure am glad to see this turning around, good man, hell i'd buy one right now if i had the cash (soon enough)

also a question for jacob, do you know if the strong box doubler will work with a jbfab twin stick setup?
loudpyps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 05:46 PM   #54 (permalink)
TORQUE MONSTER

Member # 192582
It looks like it would work just fine.
His mounts to the driver's side of the adapter like stock, and mine is mounted on the passenger side.
Although, his kit has stainless shifters, and mine are painted black.
Of course you'd be looking for longer linkage to go back to the NP205, but I'd say if you mentioned that to them when ordering, they may be able to sell you longer linkage with your kit. You'd need it about 10 3/8" longer than without the Strong Box.

And remember, its only half payment up front. If you have 2 cores, I can discount $200 for 1, and $100 for the other.

At some point, the weak link on your trail ride will be the obstacles that you encounter, and not your rig.
Leitchfield, KY 42754
Old 01-20-2012, 05:58 PM   #55 (permalink)
TORQUE MONSTER

Member # 192582
Here's some shifter pics from my actual ad.

Here is the usual "problem area" for NP205 retrofit installs. The Strong Box adapter provides just enough clearance, without adding excessive length.

Boy, I need to clean that 205 up a bit.

Leitchfield, KY 42754
Old 01-20-2012, 09:21 PM   #56 (permalink)

Member # 67172
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgalvin44102 View Post
I have to say one thing, even though I have been frusterated with this whole ordeal I have to give Jacob some credit for not burying his head in the sand and running away. As pissed off as I was in some of our communications Jacob always returned an e-mail in a timely manner whether he had good news or another delay.
Jim
Agreed. I guess I'm finally past being frustrated by this whole ordeal, and do not really expect anything anymore, BUT Jacob does seem to be sticking with his original plan, and I'm glad to see it, rather than running away from frustrated people. 4 People getting their box is better than no one getting one, so that is a start/progress in the right direction I hope.
78Scronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 06:45 PM   #57 (permalink)

Member # 107406
Nobody has been more frustrated by all this than me. By the time I got mine, I had given up hope of getting it, and tore my rig apart for other mods. Now I have to get it back together so I can test the Strongbox. But Jacob has went out of his way to make it up, and continues to offer me extras at no charge. It looks like things are picking up for Jacob, and even though there are probably still a few growing pains to come (as in any new business) I think the worst is behind us.
The way I see it, if he wasn't really committed to seeing this completely through, he'd have skipped town long ago. The bottom line is, you're still getting a doubler for a great price, even if it takes a little longer than we'd like it to.
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 07:08 PM   #58 (permalink)

Member # 148322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth DT View Post
Here's some shifter pics from my actual ad.

Here is the usual "problem area" for NP205 retrofit installs. The Strong Box adapter provides just enough clearance, without adding excessive length.

Boy, I need to clean that 205 up a bit.
Hey I talked to you a while back about swapping Some stuff, I'm over here in Owensboro.

Just wondering on a price for a 1356/205 strong box and shifters, I have 2 205's sitting here and a 1350 if you need it for another project.

Let me know, if your doing the 1/2 down I can probably do it here soon. Thanks.

Jon hagan 270-929-2709
Old 01-21-2012, 07:25 PM   #59 (permalink)
TORQUE MONSTER

Member # 192582
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86 slo-vo View Post
Hey I talked to you a while back about swapping Some stuff, I'm over here in Owensboro.

Just wondering on a price for a 1356/205 strong box and shifters, I have 2 205's sitting here and a 1350 if you need it for another project.

Let me know, if your doing the 1/2 down I can probably do it here soon. Thanks.

Jon hagan 270-929-2709

1/2 down is a go. Free shifter is a go.
I can definitely do some trading out on the remaining balance for some transfer cases, but you'll probably need one of those 205's to go behind a Strong Box.
I've actually sold 2 Strong Boxes with twin sticked 205's, so it looks like that might be a popular package thing.
I've already got 3 1354/1350's in the shop to hack up, and 4340 shafts on the way for them, but I could use another eventually I'm sure. What I really need are some 1356 cores, but I'm planning a big tcase pulling party at Pull A Part next weekend, so that I can have some chopped up and ready for plates and shafts the following week.
I've got a 208F, that I'm getting ready to crack open and make a kit for, since I'm sure that there are plenty of cores out there chocking tires in driveways.

I'll give you a call.

Leitchfield, KY 42754
Old 01-22-2012, 06:28 PM   #60 (permalink)

Member # 148322
Thanks, just give me a yell anytime and we can go over the details.
Old 01-28-2012, 11:31 PM   #61 (permalink)

Member # 25603
Send a message via Yahoo to johnny_boy02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth DT View Post
I am experiencing business ownership at its finest.
having been thorough this over the last year I am sympathetic. My advice to you is don't promise anything you are not 200% sure you can deliver and continue to communicate openly with customers. People don't like hearing bad news, but it is better than no news.

Good luck.
johnny_boy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 05:28 PM   #62 (permalink)

Member # 217861
Im new the pirate 4x4, but i just wanted to say that, i was frustrated with my purchase from jacob, but the guy came thru with my order and im currently running a doubler kit in my truck and its working flawless and works amazing having the options of low low and 2wd low. Thanks Jacob
fordracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 06:09 PM   #63 (permalink)

Member # 67172
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordracing View Post
Im new the pirate 4x4, but i just wanted to say that, i was frustrated with my purchase from jacob, but the guy came thru with my order and im currently running a doubler kit in my truck and its working flawless and works amazing having the options of low low and 2wd low. Thanks Jacob
So your first day on Pirate and your first two post are both about how awesome the box is? Interesting...

It would be cool if you or someone could YouTube some videos running it, I would like to see it in action.
Old 06-11-2012, 12:17 PM   #64 (permalink)

Member # 177804
I have one of the original boxes and mine has been holding up great so far, I am breaking everything but the doubler lol
jgalvin44102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 06:33 PM   #65 (permalink)

Member # 800
Glad to hear a few of you actually recieved the boxes.
I have just given up on ever receiving mine and offered my deposit to a lawyer if he wants to go get it.
Really Jacob I would have prefered you either built me the box or were honest up front about the delivery time. Although I suppose I never would have sent you the deposit if I knew it would take four months to get!
Old 08-09-2012, 07:31 AM   #66 (permalink)

Member # 94823
I have a very similar story but without the a core shipping. I contacted him over a year ago and shipped off $450 for a 1356 short doubler kit (similar to duffy) for my ford. At the time he was having shop troubles and owed several doublers to FSB members so I told him I was patient and could wait for those to go out first. Those went out and now I'm left hanging and since I asked for a refund his e-mail has gone silent. By what he told me my kit should be done but I see nothing and now another wheeling season is going to be over before I can get a doubler. I would go with someone else but he has my money.
drkhrs925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:20 PM   #67 (permalink)

Member # 146971
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkhrs925 View Post
I have a very similar story but without the a core shipping. I contacted him over a year ago and shipped off $450 for a 1356 short doubler kit (similar to duffy) for my ford. At the time he was having shop troubles and owed several doublers to FSB members so I told him I was patient and could wait for those to go out first. Those went out and now I'm left hanging and since I asked for a refund his e-mail has gone silent. By what he told me my kit should be done but I see nothing and now another wheeling season is going to be over before I can get a doubler. I would go with someone else but he has my money.
Update?
Old 11-15-2012, 04:27 PM   #68 (permalink)

Member # 94823
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbypsi View Post
Update?
still nothing but promises. Anyone in Kentucky want to go talk to him
drkhrs925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:51 PM   #69 (permalink)

Member # 206970
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkhrs925 View Post
still nothing but promises. Anyone in Kentucky want to go talk to him
I ordered my box before I read the horror stories. It was a 1354/1354 doubler that I ordered may of this year. I was sure I was swindled but he kept in contact with updates and I received my box last month. Another guy on the explorer forum ordered around the same time and he got his too.

Why he picks and chooses who gets the boxes, who knows... But it is fucked up
Old 11-17-2012, 09:21 AM   #70 (permalink)

Member # 146971
Quote:
Originally Posted by yosty4x4 View Post
I ordered my box before I read the horror stories. It was a 1354/1354 doubler that I ordered may of this year. I was sure I was swindled but he kept in contact with updates and I received my box last month. Another guy on the explorer forum ordered around the same time and he got his too.

Why he picks and chooses who gets the boxes, who knows... But it is fucked up
Took 5 months to get yours?? Thats rediculous.
Old 11-18-2012, 12:41 AM   #71 (permalink)

Member # 206970
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbypsi View Post
Took 5 months to get yours?? Thats rediculous.
Yeah I was told it would be shipped June 1st when I bought it. It was delay after delay after delay.

Here is pictures of it Click here
Old 11-18-2012, 06:27 AM   #72 (permalink)

Member # 67172
I still never recieved anything from him. No box and no refund..... Ordered july 2011...
Old 11-18-2012, 05:25 PM   #73 (permalink)

Member # 183431
Just wanted to add to this forum that i ordered his triple stick shifter setup for my 205. It didnt fit for MY application (just to tight under there with my setup and a big 205) Jake was more then happy to work with me on sending the unit back to him, and since i was eventually wanting to do a doubler we will be working something out on the doubler. Thanks Jake.
bofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:36 PM   #74 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 166976
i ordered a single cable shifter from Jacob for my 241 retrofit into my tahoe. he shipped the part quickly and it looks good. i cant wait until i finish installing it. i think Jacob has realized he messed up and is trying to right his wrongs!

Old 01-26-2013, 07:23 PM   #75 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 166976
Jacob has been very helpful with me and has sent me more parts then I ordered to make my cable shifter work on my 241 retrofit I've been working on. He has seen the err in his ways and doing everything he can to right his previous wrongs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while ignoring traffic.