The Crook! - Page 2 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Classifieds > Bad Sellers, Disputes, etc...
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2011, 02:41 PM   #26 (permalink)

Member # 163482
Quote:
Originally Posted by red racer View Post
Six months or more............dark night....ball bat......lots of bruises,contusions,scrapes and teeth missing......need any more be said??
hrm.....

Last edited by Sentry7; 11-15-2011 at 03:39 PM.
Sentry7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 02:56 PM   #27 (permalink)

Member # 183520
Good luck getting this all straightened out.

Last edited by OutlawRider; 11-15-2011 at 05:09 PM. Reason: Saved someone's tail
OutlawRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2011, 03:39 PM   #28 (permalink)

Member # 163482
i don't know what ur talking about. good call!
Old 11-15-2011, 04:25 PM   #29 (permalink)

Member # 32975
I'm still confused. Who has the title? Is there a lienholder on the title?

You keep mentioning that the buyer postdated the check. Did he just write a date on it, or did he also write "postdated" on it? If he just wrote a future date on the check, and you tried to cash it on that date, an argument could be made that is the date of the sale. Confused as to why the DA thinks it's a gray area.
redcj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 10:01 AM   #30 (permalink)

Member # 21151
I was wondering what that craigslist add was about the other day. I think at the least they should snatch him up for theft by check and that would be a felony amount. I can not believe they would not go lean on this guy at least.

Also in reference to the filing it stolen gentlemen. That opens up a can for a lot of liability. Lets say you were out shopping for a Jeep for your son one day and you came across this sweet deal on a black Jeep. Lets just say that you believed the owner of this business and it was going to take a few weeks to get the tittle or you were making a few payments on it before getting the title. How would you like your old lady, son, mom, or yourself pulled out of a Jeep at gun point on a felony traffic stop.

Not saying if the Jeep showed up LE couldnt recover it. I am just saying not a good idea to enter it stolen when whoever bought it may not have a clue. It may have one of the fly by night dealer tags on it.

We had a guy go under that owned a boat business one time and sold off all his Ranger boats he had in inventory. Well guess who holds the title on a Ranger boat at a dealership until it is paid for? Ranger!!! Needless to say we could not file them stolen but we did go after him quickly.
Old 11-16-2011, 10:02 AM   #31 (permalink)

Member # 163482
red, im just as confused. i have the title, i have a call pending with the da, they are playing phone tag w. me.
Old 11-16-2011, 10:07 AM   #32 (permalink)

Member # 85771
You have the title means you have the Jeep. Call the police department and report it stolen, tell them you know the guy that stole it.
Old 11-16-2011, 10:13 AM   #33 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 97376
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenstein View Post
How would you like your old lady, son, mom, or yourself pulled out of a Jeep at gun point on a felony traffic stop.
If I were sold a stolen jeep by a dealer that didnt have a title and was removed from it at gun point yes I would be very very pissed at the scum bag dealer!!

If I was in the OP's shoes, that thought of somebodys mom having to deal with that would not affect me getting back my stolen jeep back. Thats between them and the dealer

4522 Trail-Gear F-Toy

Trail-Gear

Fabworx Bulldog Winch Sway-A-Way Any 7 OffRoad Raceline Wheels Tom Woods Maxxis
95rokrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 10:16 AM   #34 (permalink)

Member # 21151
I would be pissed also. I am just telling you why they will not file it stolen.
Old 11-16-2011, 10:37 AM   #35 (permalink)

Member # 124547
Quote:
Originally Posted by ky scrambled View Post
You have the title means you have the Jeep. Call the police department and report it stolen, tell them you know the guy that stole it.
Yep... sorry, but I'd change my story to the cops and get my shit back. Tell them this guy took it for a test drive and never brought it back. You waited this long because it's someone you "know" and tried to go through other avenues. They don't need to know about the damn check. Put the check in a safety deposit box in case you need it down the road, but as far as he is concerned, he "wrote you a check" for the jeep? Says who, the guy in possession of a "stolen" jeep?
Old 11-16-2011, 10:39 AM   #36 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 20999
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentry7 View Post
red, im just as confused. i have the title, i have a call pending with the da, they are playing phone tag w. me.
There appears to be some conflicting info or you are giving the DA too many details which are confsuing him as tot he situation. get down to basics

You to DA "I agreed to sell a vehicle in a specific period of time to an individual the individual fraudulently paid with a check that he knew would not cover the purchase" "I deposited the check and it bounced, the buyer failed to perform on payment"

DA "So this is a case of check fraud or a stolen vehicle?"

You "Both" "i still possess Title and want to report the vehicle stolen since he refuses to return the vehicle or make good on payment" "I am reporting this vehicle as stolen and i want it entered into the DMV records as such, he is in hostile possession of property that he does not own and took under fraudulent conditions"

DA have you reported this to the Local law

You "yes i informed them on xx date that I want this vehicle in the system as stolen, there was some conflict and confussion but i want it recorded that this vehicle is not legally in his possession and i want to prevent any further fraud from being commited against me by this individual"

I dont see the problem, ive been down this road there was minor confussion that i determined was directly related to the terms and wording that i was using with the LEO's. once i cut it down to the basics and informed them that it was fraudulently taken they agreed to apprehend, they said i could be held liable for stating it was stolen if it wasnt stolen under hostile conditions...... in a court of Law the facts were clear and convinced 12 over the LEO's telling me that i could get in trouble and hesitating to do the paperwork.

I could be wrong but if the way you are portraying the dialogue with the DA and LEO's was legally legit then every car thief in the country would be writing rubber checks and not returning cars. it happens all the time its fraud and theft. dont wait for them to call you back go down to the PO, SO and DA's office and get this filed before he files a storage lein on your vehicle and obtains a title that way.

GO UM Montana Griz

"Jeep Lurker"

KEEP REMEMBERING 9/11

Jeep with Rambler motor, SUA, front 608.9 and some bolt on stuff.

I miss my old 4bt powered chief

Support Frank the Tank

Last edited by ddestruel; 11-16-2011 at 10:40 AM.
ddestruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 11:56 AM   #37 (permalink)

Member # 35163
Quote:
The owner of I35, Mike Akbaran wrote me a business check for the amount owed and told me that if i hear nothing by the end of the weekend to cash the check. I did just that. I cashed the check and to my surprise it came back NSF a few days later.

-snip-

i began to pursue legal action in sept after being summoned by my bank for default. Default even though i have never missed a payment, have never been late on a payment, and never left any thought that i might default on this loan. so as of now i am facing a default judgement, and being out a jeep and close to 6500.
I dont understand what is going on here, was he supposed to take over your payments or what, this doesnt make sense.
Old 11-16-2011, 04:45 PM   #38 (permalink)

Member # 32975
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyoland66 View Post
I dont understand what is going on here, was he supposed to take over your payments or what, this doesnt make sense.
This confused me to. If the OP is current on the loan, why are they pursing a default judgment? Lenders don't typically care where their vehicles are, if the vehicle is insured and the loan is current.

Did the buyer somehow get a duplicate title and try to get the lien released? Too many questions that aren't being answered.

A quick search shows this is a common problem with this dealer.

http://local.yahoo.com/info-32987430...imports-norman

Last edited by redcj7; 11-16-2011 at 04:51 PM.
redcj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 09:19 PM   #39 (permalink)

Member # 114940
I wonder if this has a connection...

by A 06/28/2010
I'm not sure if this place has gotten new management since the previous reviews but I am LESS than thrilled with the service we received.
Bought a Jeep Wrangler at the end of May. Finally (after about a dozen phone calls) received the title in the mail the day AFTER the 30 day tags expired just to realize that we also didn't receive the lien release paperwork from the previous owner. So now we are almost a week past the temporary tags expiring and no closer to being able to tag the Jeep and be done with it. Every time we call it seems to be a sob story (basically a big load of BS) about how busy they are and it's taking so much time to get all these things in order.
These people apparently have NO idea how to run a business!! Preparing to take the Jeep back and tell them they can keep their Jeep, their title, and lien release and give us our money back!
Was this review helpful? 00 Report Abuse | Subscribe to A's reviews
Comments (2)
A - 07/08/10
Update on service.... Called again and finally received a lien release just to find out that the name on the lien release and the title don't match so now we are yet again back to square one.
s - 08/12/10
we had the same problem and we bought it in may and I had to go up there everyday. We also had a bunch of problems with the Jeep and had to put $500 in it already. Today we were driving it to another dealership to trade it for something else and the piece of crap broke down on us and started smoking. REEEEAAAALL nice place we got our jeeps from!!
Comment on Review
ArmyRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 07:57 AM   #40 (permalink)

Member # 128321
Quote:
Originally Posted by az-k5 View Post
So you're saying if I borrow your trailer and never return it that would not be steeling?

If so can I borrow your trailer this weekend?
That is exactly what I am saying.

And no, you may not borrow my "steel" trailer this week-end.

See, it is not hard to avoid criminal intent. OP should have used better judgment. Post dated checks from anyone other than your mother is a red flag.

And attempting to clarify the situation to the DA is a waste of time. These are educated professionals capable of comprehending the facts of this issue. For good reasons, they are not in the business of taking sides in a civil dispute.

The lender is going to want their collateral back.
cjcraig7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 02:39 PM   #41 (permalink)

Member # 163482
well i may have the bastard selling parts from my jeep on Craigslist. and the plot thickens. more to come.
Old 11-17-2011, 04:28 PM   #42 (permalink)

Member # 65100
Send a message via Yahoo to rustywagoneersdotcom
Quote:
well i may have the bastard selling parts from my jeep on Craigslist. and the plot thickens. more to come.
Run the VIN. See who the vehicle is currently registered to.
Old 11-17-2011, 07:26 PM   #43 (permalink)

Member # 129302
I am sorry for confusing big red and i35. They used to be the same... Anyway, you need to post pictures of your jeep, vin number and what's the guys phone number and email address ASAP!
Bandit 10-4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 07:56 PM   #44 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 20999
Quote:
Fuck ......... is it reported stolen with the LEO's at this point? jesus the delay in dealing with this is unreal i wouldnt even let my uncle the sheriff in my county hang onto my trailer this long with out reporting it stolen if he was ignoring my calls let alone a bad check. if you are 2 months in and not blowing a head gasket at teh local law's office confincing them to list it as stolen i hate to say it but unfortunately you are being obtuse

i wish you luck but after 2 weeks had passed im pretty sure this thing was parted out

GO UM Montana Griz

"Jeep Lurker"

KEEP REMEMBERING 9/11

Jeep with Rambler motor, SUA, front 608.9 and some bolt on stuff.

I miss my old 4bt powered chief

Support Frank the Tank

Last edited by ddestruel; 11-17-2011 at 07:58 PM.
ddestruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 01:50 PM   #45 (permalink)

Member # 163482
update as of this week. it will be actually reported stolen once the da has made up there mind as to weather there was criminal intent. its a weird situation, parts of it fall into one category while others fall into another. i'm doing everything that i can to get this shit resolved. my attorney is going at this from every angle. and after combing through the online court records for clevland county this guy and his family have a history of fraud with cases from just about every business they have run. everything that has been mentioned in this thread has been considered and is being worked. i will post up pics and a vin number later.
Old 11-20-2011, 01:55 PM   #46 (permalink)

Member # 163482
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddestruel View Post
Fuck ......... is it reported stolen with the LEO's at this point? jesus the delay in dealing with this is unreal i wouldnt even let my uncle the sheriff in my county hang onto my trailer this long with out reporting it stolen if he was ignoring my calls let alone a bad check. if you are 2 months in and not blowing a head gasket at teh local law's office confincing them to list it as stolen i hate to say it but unfortunately you are being obtuse

i wish you luck but after 2 weeks had passed im pretty sure this thing was parted out
yea we are comming to grips with the parting out thing. i found some jeep parts for sale on cl and they have a phone number attached that was one of the many that mike has contacted me through. i'm trying to set something up to see these parts. some of which have cosmetic flaws that were distinct to my tj from when i flopped it. if any of you are in okc and want to help pm me.
Old 11-20-2011, 02:31 PM   #47 (permalink)

Member # 163482

has damage on the drivers side front fender as well as rockers, no mirrors, various trail scratches, and a military jeepers sticker on the drivers side.
vin number is 1j4fy49s0vp506256

sorry all of my static pics are on my phone and its not wanting to email right now. once it starts working i'll post pics of said damages.

Last edited by Sentry7; 11-20-2011 at 02:38 PM.
Sentry7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 05:00 PM   #48 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 121473
You say that you are on active duty so I assume you are not in OKC currently. Thank you for serving, btw.

Do you know anyone in OKC that can go picket the hell out of their place of business? Bad PR is a good way to get things resolved.
tx-skydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 12:21 AM   #49 (permalink)

Member # 113819
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjcraig7 View Post
It is not a stolen vehicle when you voluntarily drop off the keys and the vehicle. If the check was currently dated and it bounced you may have a criminal issue. The fact that the check was post dated makes it a civil issue.

Coppers aren't going to get involved in a cluster fug like this.

In California, if the dude had a dealers license - California DMV would be the agency to call.

Call the folks in your state that regulate dealer licenses.
In CA, I believe it's called conversion if you give someone the keys and the right to your vehicle for a specific use (ie, selling, renting, whatever) and they keep it past the terms of the contract. Not a criminal act, but still prosecutable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenstein View Post
I was wondering what that craigslist add was about the other day. I think at the least they should snatch him up for theft by check and that would be a felony amount. I can not believe they would not go lean on this guy at least.

Also in reference to the filing it stolen gentlemen. That opens up a can for a lot of liability. Lets say you were out shopping for a Jeep for your son one day and you came across this sweet deal on a black Jeep. Lets just say that you believed the owner of this business and it was going to take a few weeks to get the tittle or you were making a few payments on it before getting the title. How would you like your old lady, son, mom, or yourself pulled out of a Jeep at gun point on a felony traffic stop.

Not saying if the Jeep showed up LE couldnt recover it. I am just saying not a good idea to enter it stolen when whoever bought it may not have a clue. It may have one of the fly by night dealer tags on it.

We had a guy go under that owned a boat business one time and sold off all his Ranger boats he had in inventory. Well guess who holds the title on a Ranger boat at a dealership until it is paid for? Ranger!!! Needless to say we could not file them stolen but we did go after him quickly.
Nobody's getting pulled out at gunpoint for a stolen vehicle, unless they ask to be pulled out at gunpoint. Officer runs tags, asks you to step out, you get out. Guns only appear if you show some intent to resist.

Also, your Jeep is history. Dealers, especially shady dealers, have ways of getting rid of vehicles under less than legal circumstances. I traded my 90 Samurai in with no title, they took it because they had a contact in Mexico who bought their lower end vehicles or vehicles that would be difficult to sell/title/register stateside. It was all legal, I found the title 2 months later, but the Sami was already south of the border.
DarkXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 11:38 PM   #50 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 187456
Damn man Im sorry to hear about your experience...I hope you get your Tj back in one peice and I hope the "buyer" gets his jaws and fingers broke and they grow back crooked(just like his business tactics).