Pro Bender Issues - Page 4 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Classifieds > Bad Sellers, Disputes, etc...
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2012, 09:05 AM   #76 (permalink)

Member # 181491
I am planning on buying a bender soon, I will def look into getting one from ProBender.

I am not a whiny little cunt so I am sure I will be more than happy with their customer service and I have already heard a lot of good things about their product.
crispins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:13 AM   #77 (permalink)
TMI
Best fab Tools

Member # 122938
Now is the best time to buy.. We have our March Madness sale going on... just a FYI. over $200 off.

Tel: 763.315.5019 ext. 112
Brooklyn Park, MN 55443
TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2012, 05:53 PM   #78 (permalink)

Member # 170820
thanks for the call fri ,Rob .First time ever any company has called to answer any ? I may have,
popsat4t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 05:08 PM   #79 (permalink)

Member # 211907
I have called 4 wheel parts many times and they have overnighted me replacements for damaged items for free so dont sit there and say all vendors are the same the customer is always right
hodrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 05:33 PM   #80 (permalink)

Member # 197579
the company i now own has been in business for 40+ years. the company was handed down from my dad to me. i take my hat off to both partys in envolved here. My company used to sell parts also and as a vender for multiple compays it was my responsabiltiy to make sure that all customer warrantys where handled.

business's today try to lay that responsability on the consumer via Shipping charges/handling charges/ect... in a good business mans world this is hard on a customer that shouldnt have to pay any extra for a part or service that should have been right the 1st time. it is wrong to charge a customer anything period when there is a warrenty issue. that includes shipping. i stay away from company that limit them selve by putting up policy's like that. if im a vender for someone that dont back there product and cover my costs to back there product, then i drop them. (they make me look bad, do to there own policy's)

How ever the seller did make this right! and not knowing the actual story behind this other than what was posted. i would shake this mans hand. as far as the bashing vender or not i feel everyone has the right to know. like this everthing seems to work out in the wash of it all.

business's need to remeber they cant strive if there customer service is shotty. along with customers can give a business a bad taste and make them gun shy by abusing customer service!!!
sniperperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:31 PM   #81 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 61493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit Racing View Post
I think you two guys need to understand what I went through to make that happen I finally pushed long enough to make them do what was right and besides I am sure you two are friends of his trying to make me look bad so he can earn some business back good try but this isn't the neighbor kid your dealing with here. And besides if you like it so much why don't you buy my bender and you can deal with it.
I too can understand the customers frustration, but I dont think customers understand why these policies get written and enforced in the first place.
I recently sent out a rebuilt third member and a couple days after the customer had it he says the third member is bad and is shaking his truck. He claimed it even made his u joint go bad.? Doesn't sound right but I quickly put policy aside and ship out another rebuilt third.
The customer did ship back the third he was having trouble with on my dime (my dime shipped the replacement also) and when I got it back and inspected it, there is nothing wrong with the third at all. It looks to me as though he had a bad u joint and quickly blamed the third. This may not seem like a big deal to a customer, got a new third threw in a new u joint all good. No, I am out $100 in shipping and I have a good USED third I have to try and sell. If I bend the rules for the next guy...... This is why Businesses stick to policies. My 2 cents

Yukon parts on SALE
3rd Members priced right. 530-622-2148
for all your electrical needs http://www.12voltguy.com/
TOYOTAPARTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:34 PM   #82 (permalink)

Member # 197579
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOYOTAPARTS View Post
I too can understand the cunsumers frustration, but I dont think customers understand why these policies get written and inforced in the first place.
I recently sent out a rebuilt third member and a couple days after the customer had it he says the third member is bad and is shacking his truck. He claimed it even made his u joint go bad.? Doesnt sound right but I quickly put policy aside and ship out another rebuilt third.
The customer did ship back the third he was having trouble with on my dime (my dime shipped the replacement also) and when I got it back and inspected it, there is nothing wrong with the third at all. It looks to me as though he had a bad u joint and quickly blamed the third. This may not seem like a big deal to a customer, got a new third threw in a new u joint all good. No, I am out $100 in shipping and I have a good USED third I have to try and sell. If I bend the rules for the next guy...... This is why Businesses stick to policies. My 2 cents
i do agree with what your stating. thats why i have a verbal policy and tell them right up front on the phone that the product will be tested and if there isn't anything found to be wrong the charges will be reversed to a credit card for the shipping. it tends to make the consumer double check what they think is a issue. while at the same time letting them know that your trying to help them. these type of problems is where small shops go under. and why bussinesses protect them selves from the consumers as well. but in the same view in business you win some and you loose some, it not all going to go your way as a bussiness. i would rather spend $100 a month out of my $1000-$5000 profit to keep my customer base happy than to have it get hurt and slow the building of my business due to 1 or 2 issues.
Old 04-27-2012, 01:26 PM   #83 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 105212
Broke my bender after using it for 3 or so years. Sent a pm out to see what it was gonna take to fix it, not expecting anything for free, just needed to know how much money I needed to send to get my replacement parts. Sent my pm around 10ish on thur night, I called about 8 am friday morning and they already had the part (which has not been made for a yr or so) ready to be packaged up and sent to me at no cost. If that is not the BEST customer service then what the hell can beat that. I was also told not to upgrade my bender because there will be a bad ass new major upgraded bender comming out very soon
Old 04-30-2012, 05:21 PM   #84 (permalink)

Member # 197579
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssic off road shop View Post
Broke my bender after using it for 3 or so years. Sent a pm out to see what it was gonna take to fix it, not expecting anything for free, just needed to know how much money I needed to send to get my replacement parts. Sent my pm around 10ish on thur night, I called about 8 am friday morning and they already had the part (which has not been made for a yr or so) ready to be packaged up and sent to me at no cost. If that is not the BEST customer service then what the hell can beat that. I was also told not to upgrade my bender because there will be a bad ass new major upgraded bender comming out very soon
Now that is customer service. may i ask who it was? please send me a pm with the info on the company i will start dealing with them on all my bender needs.....
Old 06-02-2012, 11:00 PM   #85 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 50955
Talking

TMI, If on the slim chance the bender itself is defective does the customer still have to pay for return shipping or is that only for the China components? Thanks.
472Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:38 AM   #86 (permalink)
TMI
Best fab Tools

Member # 122938
Our warranty information is clearly stated on our website.

Brooklyn Park, MN 55443
Old 06-06-2012, 07:50 PM   #87 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 50955
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMI View Post
Our warranty information is clearly stated on our website.
I'm not seeing it on the probender website, but since you didn't answer my question I'm guessing the answer is no - you don't cover warranty shipping on the items you manufacture.
Old 06-07-2012, 05:49 AM   #88 (permalink)
TMI
Best fab Tools

Member # 122938
Right here http://www.probender.com/probender/drupal/contact for every one to see.

Brooklyn Park, MN 55443
Old 06-07-2012, 06:01 AM   #89 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 100534
Who does? I have been selling welding products for a dozen years, and i have run across maybe one vendor that covers return warranty shipping. Where do you live so the rest of america can move to your area? Where all warranty, returns, and general dissatisfaction is taken care free of charge. Most companies that do that normally eat the return. Or spend countless hours on the phone and then they have to eat the shipping.
Old 06-08-2012, 06:42 AM   #90 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 105212
Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperperformance View Post
Now that is customer service. may i ask who it was? please send me a pm with the info on the company i will start dealing with them on all my bender needs.....
I sure hope you are kiding about the question. I have a probender. I have never spoken to a nicer guy and a vendor so willing to help out a customer. My parts were here in 2 days and I have since taken them to my lazer cutter and had a few new plates made since probender no longer has my style of bender any longer. I did something stupid to break mine otherwise it would probably be fine. I do plan on buying a newer model bender in the near future from probender
Old 06-08-2012, 08:20 PM   #91 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 50955
Quote:
Right here http://www.probender.com/probender/drupal/contact for every one to see.
Strange that warranty info is under "Contact" but thanks for the link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ Hale View Post
Who does? I have been selling welding products for a dozen years, and i have run across maybe one vendor that covers return warranty shipping. Where do you live so the rest of america can move to your area? Where all warranty, returns, and general dissatisfaction is taken care free of charge. Most companies that do that normally eat the return. Or spend countless hours on the phone and then they have to eat the shipping.
If the vendor is just a distributor than I agree they shouldn't have to pay for warranty shipping.

However, if a company ships their own product without doing a proper QC first then the right thing to do is pay for shipping both ways.
Old 06-28-2012, 03:54 AM   #92 (permalink)

Member # 208695
Man oh man oh man. This simply aint good for business. From a dude who's looking for a new bender, I love your set up. But my god threads like this are not good at all. If nothing else I would really have to dig through reviews to even consider it now. Not because of the orig poster but because there is more than one guy here claiming you have an attitude issue. That dont mean you do of coarse, but why would folks just make it up

That being said someone mentioned you dont return products to lowes. That aint true at all. If you have a product that works great then breaks after 30 or 60 days or what not sure. But if I by a product, open the box and find it broke, It goes directly back to lowes for a full refund. Then if I chose to rebuy said product, thats on me.

Far as shipping cost..... Well I may not agree with it, but it's how most comps work now. If I ran this comp and was un able to warranty an outside part, I probly just would'nt offer it. I comend you on offering the ram on such a slim margin, but if it causes these type issues, it might not be worth it.

But I would never complaign bout paying shipping as it's just how it is now. Knowing there aint a huge mark up on the ram(though you likely buy in bulk so it's slightly cheaper than advertised) 10-15 bucks is his whole margin. So he could say screw it and not offer the ram. Or he could be a dick and charge 160 for the thing. So with that in mind, I would eat shipping with no issue.

As a business owner I can also understand being a jerk to a jerk. I dont need your money or your headache. And if I've done everything by the book and the client just cant read said book, I'll tell them to pound sand. I'm in business for my self so I dont have to deal with a bosses BS. I refuse to let a client become a pain in the as boss. Again, this is after doing all I can by the book
chuckorl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 01:38 PM   #93 (permalink)

Member # 171500
pro bender

Busyfixin its to bad you had to go through the same thing I did that's why I was trying to warn people about this but everyone wanted to point the finger at me so be prepared to have your nuts squeezed a little. I did get my problem resolved but it still doesn't excuse the fact of the way I was spoke too, believe me when I tell you I am on your side cause obviously we are the only two that have been treated that way or had the balls to say anything. Once again sorry you had to endure this pain as well but I have to say I loved the BBB comment that was great. Good luck to ya let the squeezing begin.
Bandit Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 03:10 PM   #94 (permalink)
TMI
Best fab Tools

Member # 122938
At the end of the day the bender has preformed like promised!!!... I know it has or I would hear about that that too.. We aim to get a quaility product out there and some times thing happen in shipping or with our vender's. This is out side our control. This in not a management issue or an company issue. You both have a problem with FedEx or Harbor Freight. We make it clear that you can purchase from HF direct if you want.. But to be fair they have the same policy. The only difference is you can't bastardize them on a open forum and if you did that to HF you would get no where. We have our policy's in place for a reason. They are not hidden... You have to check the box that you agree to the terms before purchase. We did not twist your arm to purchase a bender from us?

Let us know if the bender does not preform and why. This is what guys need to know.. Sounds like you have a problem with HF or FedEx.... Not Probender...

Brooklyn Park, MN 55443
Old 06-28-2012, 08:19 PM   #95 (permalink)

Member # 183520
How is this thread even still going on?
It was resolved in my opinion and now needs no more attention.
Old 06-28-2012, 09:12 PM   #96 (permalink)
Diesel Whore

Member # 95131
My problem had nothing to do with FED-EX or HF. My problem was with you sending me a product other than I ordered and payed for and you not doing shit about it other than telling me off. My problem was STRICTLY a management issue.

Thanks for deleting my post without reason or notice. I didn't know it was against the rules to mention a bad seller, but all cool for a seller to lie about his business practices.

awesome. Way to promote honesty.
Old 06-29-2012, 06:03 AM   #97 (permalink)

Member # 171500
The reason this thread is still going is cause I refuse to remove it outlawrider just for this reason that busyfixin is going through. My problem was resolved yes, but now someone else is dealing with the same issue does this not seem valid to you? I understand your position seeing as though you probably have a pro bender and that's fine but let the man tell his side to help others. Busyfixin, if you want to put foot to ass I would start another thread so it will get more attention. Good luck to ya
Bandit Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 11:15 AM   #98 (permalink)
Diesel Whore

Member # 95131
My situation was over a year ago, probably even more, and am not going to pursue having the problem taken care of any longer. I got fucked, and that isn't going to change. I hoped that the company would straiten their shit out and act professionally in the future, but it's pretty clear that isn't going to happen. They will just continue to fuck over customers who are willing to give them a chance.

I'd just like to let others know about the fucking they are likely to receive. Don't expect what you order to show up, and when you offer the company a chance to make it right, they will attack you personally and continually tell you that its your fault they didn't feel like sending the right stuff.
Old 06-29-2012, 05:26 PM   #99 (permalink)

Member # 183520
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit Racing View Post
The reason this thread is still going is cause I refuse to remove it outlawrider just for this reason that busyfixin is going through. My problem was resolved yes, but now someone else is dealing with the same issue does this not seem valid to you? I understand your position seeing as though you probably have a pro bender and that's fine but let the man tell his side to help others. Busyfixin, if you want to put foot to ass I would start another thread so it will get more attention. Good luck to ya
I do not own a probender, nor did I see where busyfixin had a complaint before I posted to delete it. If there is an issue left unresolved, by all means let it stay up. I just want to see fair business on both ends.
Old 07-01-2012, 11:01 AM   #100 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 109328
Quote:
We did not twist your arm to purchase a bender from us?
From what I have read up until this point, you may have to start the "arm twisting" to get people to buy from you in the future if this is your general response to problems.

After reading this there is no doubt in my mind that both of these guy's probably got talked to like dogs on the phone when they called with a problem. But I get it, you just sell the product right? No reason you should have to deal with problems, just tell the customer to go pack sand

Derek
You don't need to take off the cover, just stick a screwdriver in that 50amp 240V plug under the panel while licking your fingers and touching the door of the panel. If your pecker rips through your jeans it's 3 phase.
Ho Shorts is offline   Reply With Quote