Am i the only one that has had problems with Offroad Design? - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Classifieds > Bad Sellers, Disputes, etc...
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2012, 05:33 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 171191
Am i the only one that has had problems with Offroad Design?

So i was shopping around for some 35 spline D60 outers, drive flanges and u-joints. after a week or so of shopping i desided i would give my business to Offroad Design.

On Friday, Feb 24 i called ORD before i ordered the parts and wanted to make sure everything was in stock. i spoke to Chris and he told me i had no worries, if i ordered the parts that day they should be on my door the following week (normal shipping time for CO to OH)...I thought cool so i ordered them minuts after getting off the phone.

four days later on tuesday Feb 28 i get an e-mail from Chris saying the drive flanges are not in stock. so i called him and he said they should be in by the next day or two and will be shipped out no later than friday march 2. at this point im a little pissed because he told me that they where in stock before i ordered them but i realize people make mistakes so im what ever with it. not a whole lot i can really do.

so i wait and wait and wait and i finally get an e-mail from UPS on march 7 saying my order has been shipped.. bout fuckin time

two days later on the 9th i get another email from UPS saying ORD has cancelled the shippment by their request. what the fuck?

that same day i get another e-mail saying the my package had been shipped and is schedualed to be delivered on march 15 (today)...so i guess i have to wait another week.

so today comes and im pumped..i finnaly get my parts that i ordered almost 3 weeks ago. UPS guy comes this afternoon and delivered my package. i could not open the box fast enough. i felt like a kid on Xmas.

i open the box and....NO FUCKING STUB SHAFTS!!! so i called ORD and spoke to the secritary who was kind of rude and kept interupting me. every time i woud try to explain what is going on she would interup me with an exuse to why i dont have the parts.

she then tells me that the stubs are being drop shipped but she doesnt know when i will get them because she cant find the tracking number. she said she would call me back in a few minutes with the number...i wait about 30 min till she finally calls me back and still does not have a tracking number but says i should have the parts by tues or wed of next week.

im so fucking pissed i cant even think at this point. before i ordered the parts i called to make sure they had them and chris told me yes. so the drive flanges are not in stock and chris told me he wanted to wait to ship my order so i would get it all at once. i would of rather got the flanges in a separate order but still got my stubs and u-joints so i could at least get this thing off the jack stands. then today i finally get my long awaited package and i still dont have the stubs.

this is bullshit.. by the time i get the all the parts it will be 4 weeks. i know people fuck up sometimes but dont make excuses and place the blame on someone else...im very disappointed with ORD and unless they make it right with me i will never give my business to them ever again. i really hope ORD reads this thread...
bweezy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2012, 09:14 AM   #2 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 100534
If this is what happened, then ORD should chime in and make it right. My only advise in the future with these kind of internet orders is this: If they make it, place an order for it. If they sell it, AND DON'T MAKE IT, and they aren't one of the big guys: summit,jegs, 4 wheel parts,quadratec, croft, transamerica, etc... Then don't order from them. Just my .02 cents I love using pirate vendors, but facts are facts.
Old 03-16-2012, 09:14 AM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 194174
Wow. That's pretty messed up. How the hell is there not a tracking number for the stubs? Kinda odd
vzack36 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2012, 03:34 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 2092
Not sure how we're blaming someone else for our screw up?

You ordered friday afternoon, feb 24. The first time we had a chance to deal with your order was monday feb 27 and we sent an email feb 28th that we're having problems with the drive gear kit. We process the order to ship when the parts come in on the 7th. Turns out the parts weren't all there and we have to wait another 2 days and we ship the stuff the 9th which is why you had a cancelled label and then another one on the same day. UPS doesn't like for us to use a label more than a day after it's issued. For whatever reason the stubs we have on the shelf here didn't go in the order (messed up by at least 2 people here) and we didn't find out about it till you got the parts and the stubs were missing. This was mar 15th. To get you the stubs as quick as possible we shipped them from a closer warehouse. The tracking # is on the way to you now. Effective elapsed time on this order will be 3 weeks and 1 day which is not what we want. That should have been around 1 week.

The 1/2hr wait was for several people to figure out exactly what happened from a convoluted paper trail. There was no tracking # because it didn't exist, we screwed up and didn't ship the parts in the first box and it was too late for them to leave last night. Not sure what to do to change that.

You're not the only one to have an order messed up by us, we're all human here and it happens. I am glad to say it's a pretty small percentage of our total shipments. I'm sorry you were one of the few, we're doing what we can to get it fixed and figure out what happened to avoid it in the future.
KOH '13 1st ever DNF But we were hauling ass before and after it broke.
KOH '12 12th overall
KOH11 28th. It's a finish!
KOH11 Sportsmanship Award.

Friends & partners who helped: Offroad Design, Pacific Fab, King, Baja Designs, TrailReady, Amsoil, PSC, Tom Woods Driveshafts, Bighorn Graphics, Optima
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2012, 04:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 100534
looks like their making it right. Not overnight, but I am sure that your order is not the norm, or you wouldn't have placed your order in the first place. We all want ur stuff right now, so we can work on our stuff. I'm that away, so when it takes longer, in your case a lot longer, tempers flare, and dissapointment sets in. I hope you get you stubs quickly, and I am glad a longtime vendor made the effort to resolve this.
Old 03-16-2012, 09:03 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 32975
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ Hale View Post
If this is what happened, then ORD should chime in and make it right. My only advise in the future with these kind of internet orders is this: If they make it, place an order for it. If they sell it, AND DON'T MAKE IT, and they aren't one of the big guys: summit,jegs, 4 wheel parts,quadratec, croft, transamerica, etc... Then don't order from them. Just my .02 cents I love using pirate vendors, but facts are facts.
That is some pretty harsh advice. If everyone followed it, the only vendors left would be 4 wheel parts, Jegs, Summitt and a few others.

Most vendors have to sell someone else's products in addition to what the make, just to cover overhead and offset other costs.

I appreciate the OP is upset, but Stephen runs a first class operation, and will make it right. At one time or another, every company can make a mistake, no matter how hard they might try not to.

And, that's just my .02 cents worth.

Last edited by redcj7; 03-17-2012 at 09:48 PM.
redcj7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2012, 12:44 PM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 194174
It seems like they are tryin to make things rite which says a lot about the company IMHO. I know how it feels to buy parts and not get em at all. At least they responded and gave an explanation.
vzack36 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2012, 02:22 AM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 65038
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ Hale View Post
Really PJ ?? Do you really think that ANY of them vendors you listed make their own parts? Jegs? Transamerica and 4 wheel parts are one in the same..If so ,your sadly mistaken..I happen to order parts from a huge list of vendors and NONE of them make the parts unless its a custom piece ..The fact is that every aftermarket axle shaft inner or outer is made by 2 differant companys..I dont care if you order 35 spln outers from summit or transamerica or the cheap ass shit Randy's ring and pinion sells..Its all made buy two companys that are in some 3rd world country ..Only differance is,one company spends more for good product and the other trys to cut cost as much as possible(Randy's is a perfect example)...Truth be told,times are tough for EVERYONE...and dusty parts on the shelf dont make money...4 yrs ago everyone had parts on the shelf because they didnt collect dust...Im not saying ORD didnt screw up.Like stephen said "were human"...But for you to suggest that we only buy parts from the biggest suppliers out there,,Bullshit..Remember, everyone of them big ass suppiers was some fucking pee on in his livingroom not long ago...Support the little local guy,hes the one thats gunna come get yer busted up ass off the trail at 2:30 in the morning and help you get your junk fixed so you can drive that shit to work in the morning..Sorry ,but that is BAD BAD advice...
Old 03-19-2012, 07:20 AM   #9 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 100534
Wow, So when the guys at 4 wheel parts drove thruogh the night from las cruces, to az, and back to have parts ready for several people the next morning, that makes them a pee stain. I know first hand that the guys from ORD are first class. All I was saying is that for me, and me only. When I order parts, I make the source as direct as possible. And ORD did not dissapoint, they probably had already taken care of this before they chimed in. I hope this clears the air.
Old 03-20-2012, 01:11 AM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 121704
I cant think of one order I've placed with them that's been correct the first time. But their quality and their dedication to the sport is what keeps me ordering from them.
Old 03-21-2012, 01:08 PM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 2092
Quote:
Originally Posted by K5Cruz View Post
I cant think of one order I've placed with them that's been correct the first time. But their quality and their dedication to the sport is what keeps me ordering from them.
PM me your real name so I can flag your account and we'll make sure you're not the 1% guy anymore, that's pretty dumb. Not saying it doesn't happen and it's usually a snowball of one screwup that affects more and more but still, one way or another we can flag your account and make sure it all runs smooth. We appreciate you appreciating the part of the business we do best enough to stick with us. thanks!
KOH '13 1st ever DNF But we were hauling ass before and after it broke.
KOH '12 12th overall
KOH11 28th. It's a finish!
KOH11 Sportsmanship Award.

Friends & partners who helped: Offroad Design, Pacific Fab, King, Baja Designs, TrailReady, Amsoil, PSC, Tom Woods Driveshafts, Bighorn Graphics, Optima
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2012, 06:19 PM   #12 (permalink)
needs a sponsor

Member # 156242
I have never had a problem with any orders from ORD. Just a bogus mess up. It happens. Top notch quality with service after the sale. Shipping is never as fast as I want from anywhere. I'm one impatient sumbitch though!
Old 03-25-2012, 08:10 AM   #13 (permalink)

Member # 121704
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
PM me your real name so I can flag your account and we'll make sure you're not the 1% guy anymore, that's pretty dumb. Not saying it doesn't happen and it's usually a snowball of one screwup that affects more and more but still, one way or another we can flag your account and make sure it all runs smooth. We appreciate you appreciating the part of the business we do best enough to stick with us. thanks!
PM sent.

Its always been stupid small stuff. Missing hardware, incorrect brake line length, drag link cut too long, etc. The only actual problem I had is with a pair of shocks I ordered. I gave specifics on the current shocks I had (extended and compressed length) because they were too long. Ended up receiving the exact same shock. Modified shock mounts and kept one set as a spare.

When I changed directions on my project I had a new pair of 4" K5 shackle flip brackets. Hadnt been out of the box. I needed a set for a light duty 2000 3/4 ton instead. They took my K5 ones back no questions asked and let me pay the difference even though it was past the date on the return policy. Although they accepted my package and let it set for a week before I called to ask if they had gotten it yet, and they sent me brackets for a HD truck... Nothing a drill couldnt fix. Never a fitment or a quality issue.

I'm very pleased to see you are aware that there is an area that needs work and you are doing your best to fix it. I wish more vendors took pride in their reputation to the extent you guys do.
Old 03-26-2012, 06:42 PM   #14 (permalink)

Member # 171191
just an update...i finally got my parts on the 20th...

Stephen you a pm

Last edited by bweezy; 03-26-2012 at 08:31 PM.
Old 03-30-2012, 10:26 PM   #15 (permalink)
mega hack!!

Member # 139150
thumbs up for ORD. i recommend them time and again for quality of parts and knowledge of what they sell.

what happened to the OP is probably a fluke, but mistakes can and will happen.

i can say that few other sellers here on pirate take as much time packaging thier stuff as ORD. it almost always has arrived as promised. the one time my order was shorted - a pair of kingpin bushings- i called and they sent some out pretty much no questions asked. i will say in all fairness it was near christmas and i'm sure that had alot to do with it.

For the best deal on 8 lug disc brakes click here--> www.lugnut4x4.com

now buy this guys cool chit^^^
sjracer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2012, 07:34 PM   #16 (permalink)
Permanent Newb

Member # 176672
I'm just chiming in to say I'm a cheap, impatient, SOB, who knows quality parts.

I have plenty of ORD stuff on my Blazer. It has showed up on time and correct.

I'm willing to deal with small problems from small business, they are the lifeblood of our sport (Except Ballistic)

Just because four wheel parts knows where it's important to advertise (like going the "extra-mile", But only when everyone can see (PJ)), doesn't mean they aren't hawking chinese crap to noobs as fast as they can, stacking lift blocks, and killing small business. Ask me how I know.

You want Wal-mart? well, be like PJ and thats all you'll get

Watch this space for Project Ultimate Resurrection 2015!!
Cooter! is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2012, 06:31 AM   #17 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 100534
So Greg Adler is just like walmart? I like using all vendors that support our sport. Four wheel parts is just as important to me as ORD. Ballistic makes there parts right her in the usa, but I wouldn't buy from them because of past experience. I understand your point, but lets be fair, 4wp sponsers more events and races in our sport than any other vendor, that I know of. So who should we be buying from?
Old 04-09-2012, 08:43 AM   #18 (permalink)
Permanent Newb

Member # 176672
You have a valid point that 4WP sponsors the sport too.
What I'm saying is; when you have problems with 4WP do you get a PM, or even ANY response from Greg Adler? You don't, because they are way too big to notice, and thats my point.
4WP is my personal "Ballistic". Too many screw ups for me to ever return. But unlike Stephen, they don't care.
[Soap box off]

Watch this space for Project Ultimate Resurrection 2015!!
Cooter! is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2012, 08:32 PM   #19 (permalink)

Member # 171191
just an update:

took the buggy out for the first time last week and the new parts worked as they should. Stephen pm'ed me back and is going to make it right with my next order.
Old 04-16-2012, 06:38 PM   #20 (permalink)

Member # 54841
Glad to hear that things are well.

I have never purchased from ORD but I have sold to them. Humans make mistakes, it's our nature, but their honesty and integrity is bar none... that is what makes the difference.
Old 05-11-2012, 01:30 AM   #21 (permalink)

Member # 15257
I have ordred from Ord in the past...i have had a few issues. I dont order from them any more.

"it went bang" means "its fucked".

[url]http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=900026[/url] My Build Thread.
BurbanFreek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2012, 09:00 PM   #22 (permalink)

Member # 174055
Made my second order from them yesterday (Sunday). Chris called today just to double check that I had ordered the correct parts, soon after a shipping notification popped up in my mail box. What more can you ask for.

First order I called in and the lady that answered the phone was not sure on the parts I needed. She thought she found them in the book but wanted to double check with someone else. Other person called me back and verified what I needed then they arrived in a timely fashion.

My experience with them is better than I have had anywhere and will continue to give them my business.

Everyone can make a mistake and with the experience I have had with ORD it does not appear to be something that is common.
247pia is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.