JeepTJon40s/Rock_Lobster - Page 2 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Classifieds > Bad Sellers, Disputes, etc...
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2012, 11:55 AM   #26 (permalink)

Member # 158401
Thank you wizard, for finding all this info, I sent the lady from facebook polite message expaining the situation, and asked her if it was her phone, and it if it was lost or stolen, but I think you are right on the money with her mid 20s son, who has a criminal past as long as my arm. I am not posting any names, but will update when I get a reply.
Rman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 05:27 PM   #27 (permalink)

Member # 124054
I'm most likely going to file a police report on this. Anyone know if it would be better to do it local to me or where the person supposedly is? I'm trying to get access to some records that will only be released with a police subpoena. It looks like this person also is committing identity theft with the greendot card stuff they were trying to push. Those cards have to be linked to a SSN, so with the records from that, it will either identify the true thief, or reveal some of the id theft victims.

edit: pretty sure this was another one of his alias cbrJosh1 /forum/members/cbrjosh1.html
Maybe Josh is his real first name?

Last edited by mattamd_xp; 03-29-2012 at 07:11 PM.
mattamd_xp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2012, 08:35 AM   #28 (permalink)

Member # 158401
I am not sure what you should do about the police report. I ended up getting my money back, I have no idea why he refunded me, so I have no legal reason to file charges, but I would like to see this scumbag charged. Did you get the facebook info from wizard, I wrote a message to the lady who the phone may be registered to, but she did not respond. If it was her phone, her step kid with the record was most likely using it, but I have no idea because she will not respond and even say if it was hers or not.
Old 03-30-2012, 08:54 AM   #29 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 9154
I must have missed it somewhere but how did OP pay him?
'01 21.5 boat w/502 "Evil Satisfaction"
v6toy4x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 07:47 PM   #30 (permalink)

Member # 124054
Sure looks like he's at it again. Hope nobody actually sends him moneypaks. Paypal will refund you, Whatever those are won't. First thing that comes up when you google moneypak is scams...
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/searc...rchid=11559132
Old 04-13-2012, 08:38 PM   #31 (permalink)

Member # 124054
Just thought I'd add this in. If the paypal account is not verified, even Paypal will tell you that they can't refund you. Here's a link to check if an email account is verified or not:
https://www.paypal.com/us/verified/pal=USER@GMAIL.COM
replace USERNAME@GMAIL.COM with whatever email you are checking. You will have to login to paypal to access this site, but it will tell you if they are verified or not and how long they have been on paypal if they are verified. I checked both of the paypal accounts that were used by this guy, and neither one was verified, so be thankful those that got refunded, if the accounts had been emptied already, you'd be out your money even though you used paypal.
Old 04-13-2012, 11:10 PM   #32 (permalink)

Member # 158401
Man that sucks, can't the mods verify the IP address this guys is using and see if it is the same POS, I have been on other forums where they would do that. Someone needs to catch this scumbag!
Old 04-14-2012, 02:10 PM   #33 (permalink)

Member # 205440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rman View Post
Man that sucks, can't the mods verify the IP address this guys is using and see if it is the same POS, I have been on other forums where they would do that. Someone needs to catch this scumbag!
One of the chopper websites that I belong to makes you be a paid member before you can list anything for sale. I kind of like that idea.
zeekinohio is offline   Reply With Quote