My experience with Davez Offroad. - Page 3 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Classifieds > Bad Sellers, Disputes, etc...
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2012, 02:36 PM   #51 (permalink)

Member # 216272
Quote:
Originally Posted by 223 View Post
so what happened to the donor and the 4.3 why didnt the op take it?
Donor was scrapped. I paid to have my 4runner shipped by semi trailer to Kent 4wd thinking my 4.3 would be at least be sitting in the engine bay. I had no idea that by this time the 4.3 couldn't even be sat into the engine bay bc the original 3.0 mounts were still in it even though if you check the original forum write up he was CLAIMING TO BE test fitting the 4.3 about 3 months prior. Strange how he was test fitting a 4.3 with 3.0 engine mounts.

Qouted from his site:
Report this postReply with quoteRe: Toyotastein: The beginning
by Dave Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:37 pm

Test fitting the 4.3 lower end.

Advance Adapters bell housing and Center Force clutch coming for the final parts to install.
Smed1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 02:47 PM   #52 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 61493
The 4.3 eng mounts bolt to the stock 3.0 frame mounts.

Yukon parts on SALE
3rd Members priced right. 530-622-2148
for all your electrical needs http://www.12voltguy.com/
TOYOTAPARTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2012, 02:51 PM   #53 (permalink)

Member # 216272
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOYOTAPARTS View Post
The 4.3 eng mounts bolt to the stock 3.0 frame mounts.
If that is true which I have read otherwise, why didnt you sit the 4.3 in the engine bay of my 4runner since you were test fitting almost 3 MONTHS PRIOR!

You aren't making yourself look any better Dave.
Old 04-11-2012, 02:57 PM   #54 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 61493
http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/...t-p-20958.html

Yukon parts on SALE
Old 04-11-2012, 03:24 PM   #55 (permalink)

Member # 80342
:cool

Last edited by BadBadCompany; 04-11-2012 at 04:08 PM.
BadBadCompany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 03:31 PM   #56 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 61493
You requested the refund Sir. The shifter came back to us that we mailed to you. I dont know anything about the exchange but if you pm me your paypal email I will make sure you get the $20.

Yukon parts on SALE
Old 04-11-2012, 03:40 PM   #57 (permalink)

Member # 80342

Last edited by BadBadCompany; 04-11-2012 at 04:07 PM.
BadBadCompany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 03:53 PM   #58 (permalink)

Member # 216272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
Really it's not to bash Dave? Guess I read the book you posted wrong.
I guess you would have decided to make him look good after he took you for 7 grand...I'm not "bashing" anyone..If the shoe fits..wear it.

Because only costing me an extra 7 grand is so much better.

Last edited by Smed1981; 04-11-2012 at 05:11 PM. Reason: To make spidr happy. I think a 3.0 swap with rebuild would be about 3000 dollars so with the cost of a rear axle rebuild.
Old 04-11-2012, 04:18 PM   #59 (permalink)
Karnage

Member # 55444
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smed1981 View Post
I guess you would have decided to make him look good after he took you for 10 grand...I'm not "bashing" anyone..If the shoe fits..wear it.
No offence, but those arent the facts.

You said in the first post you paid him 5000, and he refunded 2500.

The money you spent on the other shop is not money he "took you for", and if you dont have the 4.3 back, and he paid to have it rebuilt, at this point how much does he end up out on the motor if he jsut sends it to you?

Not trying to stir up shit, but "he took me for 10 grand" doesnt sound completely accurate?

I get that you're pissed, and that the situation sucks. Theres always more to the story than either party posts, its just the way things go, tempers and pride do funny things to recollection. But if you're honestly not trying to bash him, that what EXACTLY is it that you're out?
Old 04-11-2012, 04:23 PM   #60 (permalink)

Member # 216272
Quote:
Originally Posted by spidr View Post
No offence, but those arent the facts.

You said in the first post you paid him 5000, and he refunded 2500.

The money you spent on the other shop is not money he "took you for", and if you dont have the 4.3 back, and he paid to have it rebuilt, at this point how much does he end up out on the motor if he jsut sends it to you?

Not trying to stir up shit, but "he took me for 10 grand" doesnt sound completely accurate?

I get that you're pissed, and that the situation sucks. Theres always more to the story than either party posts, its just the way things go, tempers and pride do funny things to recollection. But if you're honestly not trying to bash him, that what EXACTLY is it that you're out?
I am out of pocket 10,100 dollars and my 4runner has a 3.0 not a 4.3 and the rear end is scrap so how is that statement not accurate? And yeah I am pissed! If you read my website I have the exact amounts listed that I have spent. Things like having to ship the 4runner from Davez to Kent 4wd and other incurred expenses. All the facts are not on this forum but they are on the webpage your just too slow to figure that out even though I stated it earlier.
Old 04-11-2012, 04:43 PM   #61 (permalink)
Karnage

Member # 55444
so you're out of pocket 10,000. So having a motor in your 4runner should be free?

I asked a simple question and you're attacking me. Obviously you're angry, and are unable to communicate civially, so I guess thats that.

But dont say its not a bash. I'm too slow to figure it out of course, so I must be wrong.

Good luck.
Old 04-11-2012, 06:06 PM   #62 (permalink)
noob

Member # 66544
^^^ Hopefully you are smart enough to delete your above post. With a name like gunfightersINC and your comments you are crossing a legal boundary. For your own sake, wise up, there could be far larger consequences for you than simply being banned.

Team Rock Limo
F-Toy #F002
Yukon gear/Randy's Ring & Pinion, Trail Gear, BFGoodrich Tires, RuffStuff, 12 Volt Guy
noahfecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:44 PM   #63 (permalink)
I live on a Rock

Member # 143697
Quote:
Originally Posted by spidr View Post
so you're out of pocket 10,000. So having a motor in your 4runner should be free?

I asked a simple question and you're attacking me. Obviously you're angry, and are unable to communicate civially, so I guess thats that.

But dont say its not a bash. I'm too slow to figure it out of course, so I must be wrong.

Good luck.
If your case is strong and you are owed $10000 then legal recourse should not be a problem. A lot of doing business is just a cost of business. Towing and soft costs are very hard to recover. Buy Spidr a vowell and suck it up
jeep09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 06:22 AM   #64 (permalink)
Not a Wenzelite

Member # 44480
By my math, he's paid you $2,500 of the $5,000 you deposited.
You agreed to $1,500 for the engine removal.
You agreed to cut $100 off of the $1,000 owed.

He still owes you $900?

At this point, you're out of pocket with him for $1,500 + $900 = $2,400.
IMHO, you still own a machined 4.3L block and heads. That's gotta be worth $1,000-1,500.

I'd suggest working with Dave to get the motor put together so you can sell it and recoup the costs.

You paid Kent $6,000. Sell that 4.3L for a grand, and it appears to me you're only out $7,500 when you were originally expecting to pay $5,000.

You could have had Kent put in a 4.3L, if "they had to reinstall a wiring harness and basically reassemble the engine bay." Seems like it would have been a similar amount of work to install either engine.

You haven't lost ten grand. You will probably be out $2,500 or so more than you expected.

Be realistic with your math. Fuzzy arithmetic isn't going to gain you any friends.
He didn't cost you $12,600.
He didn't take you for $10,000.
He didn't take you for $7,000.
You are not out of pocket for 10,100. You had to spend at least $5,000 to get the engine swapped. That money was going to get spent at the beginning, and got spent at the end.

Realistically, you're out $2,500-5,100 additional which is above and beyond the cost of you having a running rig that you wanted in the first place....and this is the only amount you have a right to argue about.

Kent cost you $
MT4Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 06:35 AM   #65 (permalink)

Member # 7233
Send a message via AIM to Wilson
Dave is not responsible for your choices after you decided to remove the vehicle from his shop. That includes transporting the vehicle almost 800 miles and changing your mind on the engine swap and deciding to install a more expensive rebuilt engine at another shop. You said Dave still owes you $900 and a 3rd member, yet I doubt that would make your site go away.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:17 AM   #66 (permalink)

Member # 140752
Let me see if I got this right.

I pay dave 5000 bucks to put a 4.3 in my runner. He says yeah he can do it, in a doable time frame. He pulls my engine out, and strings me along the whole time with excuses. 9 months go by and I dont have a swapped truck. I figure if someone cant accomplish it in 9 mo, they prob arent competent enough to do it at all. Daves tells me he cant finish the truck, and tells me he will refund my money. I remove my truck from his shop because he cant finish it.

I pay to have my truck taken to another shop to be finished but it cant be finished because my engine is MIA god knows where. I also have a fubared third member from their competent workers. I am totally patient with dave and even offer to pay his labor costs for pulling engines (THIS IS FUCKING NUTS, I WOULDNT PAY HIM SHIT!!!)

He IS out lof pocket around 10gs, plus 9 months, plus hassle, the lies. And he has a 3.0 4runner. The engine he wanted swapped, and how much he paid doesnt matter at all. Again, this is a REPUTABLE PIRATE VENDOR that FUCKED UP BAD. I myself have gotten parts from daves, never had issues, but this is some bullshit, the man is in the wrong here totally. His posts trying to argue with the OP are childish. He should be kissing his ass IMO.

I will not buy anything from daves offroad, and I will no longer reccomend them to anyone I work with or for until this issue is resolved fairly.
81NorCalYota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 05:42 PM   #67 (permalink)

Member # 216272
Quote:
Originally Posted by 81NorCalYota View Post
Let me see if I got this right.

I pay dave 5000 bucks to put a 4.3 in my runner. He says yeah he can do it, in a doable time frame. He pulls my engine out, and strings me along the whole time with excuses. 9 months go by and I dont have a swapped truck. I figure if someone cant accomplish it in 9 mo, they prob arent competent enough to do it at all. Daves tells me he cant finish the truck, and tells me he will refund my money. I remove my truck from his shop because he cant finish it.

I pay to have my truck taken to another shop to be finished but it cant be finished because my engine is MIA god knows where. I also have a fubared third member from their competent workers. I am totally patient with dave and even offer to pay his labor costs for pulling engines (THIS IS FUCKING NUTS, I WOULDNT PAY HIM SHIT!!!)

He IS out lof pocket around 10gs, plus 9 months, plus hassle, the lies. And he has a 3.0 4runner. The engine he wanted swapped, and how much he paid doesnt matter at all. Again, this is a REPUTABLE PIRATE VENDOR that FUCKED UP BAD. I myself have gotten parts from daves, never had issues, but this is some bullshit, the man is in the wrong here totally. His posts trying to argue with the OP are childish. He should be kissing his ass IMO.

I will not buy anything from daves offroad, and I will no longer reccomend them to anyone I work with or for until this issue is resolved fairly.

You sir, have it completely correct. I have no idea where the 4.3 is to this day. Dave offered to ship it shortly after I had my 4runner shipped from his shop but I can't remember now how long it was before I gave up on him shipping it. It was at least a week and possibly two. Kent 4wd offered the 3.0 to me and I made a judgement call to go with that engine because I felt like either Dave was never going to ship the 4.3 or it had never really even been rebuilt. I was just going to try and get my 4runner running at my own expense but when my rear axle went out on the test drive that was the final straw. To this day Dave has not offered to finish paying me my 900 dollars or reimburse me for the rear axle his shop messed up. There was only brief talk of sending me a third which never managed to get shipped just like so many other peoples complaints about trying to get their parts from him. But hey its everyone elses fault and not Daves right?
Old 04-12-2012, 05:56 PM   #68 (permalink)

Member # 216272
Quote:
Originally Posted by MT4Runner View Post
By my math, he's paid you $2,500 of the $5,000 you deposited.
You agreed to $1,500 for the engine removal.
You agreed to cut $100 off of the $1,000 owed.

He still owes you $900?

At this point, you're out of pocket with him for $1,500 + $900 = $2,400.
IMHO, you still own a machined 4.3L block and heads. That's gotta be worth $1,000-1,500.

I'd suggest working with Dave to get the motor put together so you can sell it and recoup the costs.

You paid Kent $6,000. Sell that 4.3L for a grand, and it appears to me you're only out $7,500 when you were originally expecting to pay $5,000.

You could have had Kent put in a 4.3L, if "they had to reinstall a wiring harness and basically reassemble the engine bay." Seems like it would have been a similar amount of work to install either engine.

You haven't lost ten grand. You will probably be out $2,500 or so more than you expected.

Be realistic with your math. Fuzzy arithmetic isn't going to gain you any friends.
He didn't cost you $12,600.
He didn't take you for $10,000.
He didn't take you for $7,000.
You are not out of pocket for 10,100. You had to spend at least $5,000 to get the engine swapped. That money was going to get spent at the beginning, and got spent at the end.

Realistically, you're out $2,500-5,100 additional which is above and beyond the cost of you having a running rig that you wanted in the first place....and this is the only amount you have a right to argue about.

Kent cost you $
First off, I agreed to let Dave keep 1500 of the money and paid him for some of the returned parts which were originally mine BEFORE I KNEW HE HAD F#CKED MY REAR AXLE!!!

Put everything else aside and he is still 100% responsible for that. How pissed would you be if that happened to you or are you just too much of a blind Dave supporter to even realize that Dave is at all in the wrong.

And yeah I picked Kent 4wd bc they do good work and yeah they might cost a little bit but at least I know the f#cking work is getting done on time and done right.

Last edited by Smed1981; 04-12-2012 at 06:08 PM.
Old 04-12-2012, 05:59 PM   #69 (permalink)

Member # 216272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
Dave is not responsible for your choices after you decided to remove the vehicle from his shop. That includes transporting the vehicle almost 800 miles and changing your mind on the engine swap and deciding to install a more expensive rebuilt engine at another shop. You said Dave still owes you $900 and a 3rd member, yet I doubt that would make your site go away.
Really even though I don't have the 4.3 I supplied to his shop and I have never seen it rebuilt? So without a 4.3 what engine should I have gone with?
Old 04-12-2012, 06:37 PM   #70 (permalink)

Member # 216272
At some of your recommendations I did talk to an attorney. He said that because I did not sign a contract with Dave stating that in the case of not completing the contract to satisfaction Dave would have to pay attorney fees it would not be worth suing him.

He advised me that I should take him to small claims court. I bet you are asking yourself why I posted this. Well the reason is the same I stated from the start to inform people about dealing with Davez Offroad Performance. So if you want Dave to do some work for you, get that sh#t in writing and make sure if he messes up and you win in court he has to pay your attorney fees bc my attorney told me I would end up owing him(the attorney) money if we sued and won even.

Last edited by Smed1981; 04-12-2012 at 06:39 PM.
Old 04-12-2012, 07:30 PM   #71 (permalink)

Member # 216272
support@davezoffroadperformance.com
7:10 PM (18 minutes ago)

to me

Dave has sent you a private message.
__________________________________________________ ___________________

Subject: Re: 4runner parts.

Thank you for shipping with FedEx.
Your tracking number: 295230515004446

No Dave, I dont think so!!!! Too little too late. You might as well stop payment on the check. You screwwed up my rear axle and then you finally want to pay me the 900 dollars you owed me from what we agreed on. Shove it up your @ss dude. You kept my 4.3 and you ruined my rear axle. Not good enough. Try again. Go back to start. Sorry!

By the way I just tried putting that tracking number into Fedex and it doesnt come up with any information at all.

Oh and I saved the HTML of that private message from your website so please try to say this message is not real.

Last edited by Smed1981; 04-12-2012 at 07:50 PM.
Old 04-12-2012, 07:54 PM   #72 (permalink)
I live on a Rock

Member # 143697
The rub comes legally when you air it out here, Dave , even if he is a douche is late, but making restitution. Your math is suspect ( evidaence for Dave) which reduces credibility. Your word against his, take the $900 and move on.
jeep09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 08:07 PM   #73 (permalink)

Member # 216272
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep09 View Post
The rub comes legally when you air it out here, Dave , even if he is a douche is late, but making restitution. Your math is suspect ( evidaence for Dave) which reduces credibility. Your word against his, take the $900 and move on.
Thanks for the input but I would rather inform people than take a little money as a bribe to take this post down.

I still do not see how my math is suspect. It might be an opinion as to what is actually owed to me by Dave but my math is accurate.

Oh and it is evidence not evidaence. Just so you know.

Last edited by Smed1981; 04-12-2012 at 09:15 PM.
Old 04-13-2012, 06:29 AM   #74 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 100534
Dave has worked on your rig for the last two years. You asked him to do a job, and it went south. So far i understand! Since you started this dispute, you and dave have been back and forth with money and parts. You taking off what he owes you, and him sending you parts. He clearly states that he has your 4.3 and is trying to sell it. If it's yours, why don't you go and get it? Or was that part of the credit exchange between you two? You have settled on 900.00 to finish it. Now that he say's that he has sent it. You don't want it, you just want to make sure nobody else got what you got. Am i right? He is a vendor here and there should be other action's to keep the standards high. In the very begining, he presented it like it was a deal among friends, and when it took way longer than expected, you acted like you had a binding contract with him, and he welched on it. Why go through all this trouble with parts exchanging, when the same time spent, could have been towards the 4.3?
Old 04-13-2012, 08:55 AM   #75 (permalink)

Member # 216272
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ Hale View Post
Dave has worked on your rig for the last two years. You asked him to do a job, and it went south. So far i understand! Since you started this dispute, you and dave have been back and forth with money and parts. You taking off what he owes you, and him sending you parts. He clearly states that he has your 4.3 and is trying to sell it. If it's yours, why don't you go and get it? Or was that part of the credit exchange between you two? You have settled on 900.00 to finish it. Now that he say's that he has sent it. You don't want it, you just want to make sure nobody else got what you got. Am i right? He is a vendor here and there should be other action's to keep the standards high. In the very begining, he presented it like it was a deal among friends, and when it took way longer than expected, you acted like you had a binding contract with him, and he welched on it. Why go through all this trouble with parts exchanging, when the same time spent, could have been towards the 4.3?
First reason:
Check the dates. He is just now returning the 900 we agreed on 5 months since I shipped my 4runner from his shop.

Second reason:
I agreed on that amount before I knew my rear axle was screwwed up by his shop.

I gave Dave a deadline to get me my money and the parts needed to get my 4runner running and he wasn't able to do it in that time. His website was down at the time of the deadline, I tried calling him, he apparently doesn't have my phone number anymore even though I have given it to him and he didn't bother calling Kent 4wd bc they would have relayed the message to me.

So basically I am tired of hearing excuses from Dave and waiting on parts that either do not show up or show up late. I asked Kent 4wd to order the parts needed to repair my rear axle.

And I am not going to explain again why I did not go with the 4.3 since I have already been through that in detail.

Also I am not sure what your angle is with this friends agreement but if you give your "buddy" 5000 dollars and they do not do the job and then they cause more problems (the rear axle) let me know how that works out for you. Are you basically saying that because I did not have a written contract, I should just take the 900 dollars and shutup?

Last edited by Smed1981; 04-13-2012 at 09:11 AM.