Behemoth Drivetrain... - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Classifieds > Bad Sellers, Disputes, etc...
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2012, 03:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
kpj
Rock God

Member # 6920
Behemoth DT...

I was hoping this turned out differently, but is has not. I reached out to Jacob from Behemoth Drivetrain, over a year ago about building a Strong Box out of a Chevy 241 transfer case. He had just become a yellow star vendor here and he was very eager to get started on making a strong box out of a 241 and so was I. After numerous emails, PMs, texts, I purchased a 241 and shipped it out to him ($150 for the tcase and $75 for shipping) along with the money for the Strong Box. It was a very fair price for what I was figuring I would be getting. I can't remember the exact number (it is in my Paypal record) but it was around $450-475. He told me it would take 2-3 months, but that it would be worth it. I was not in a big rush for the Strong Box as I was still in the early phases of building a buggy, and he seemed like a decent guy from my interactions with him. That was on July 28, 2011.

Now, I knew what I was getting into and I knew that the 2-3 months was probably going to be more along the 3-5 months, and I was ok with that. It will be 1 year next week with still no product. I have no interest in the Strong Box because I am parting out the buggy (the fact it has taken so long to get the box had a little to do with parting it out) and am looking for a refund. I have given him a couple of deadlines that were realistic in my eyes, again, I knew I was purchasing an item that was not yet in "production" and kept falling for "just need a couple of more days."

Well, after getting PMs from him on moving his shop 3-4 times (can't remember exactly, but I have all of our PMs) I have finally had enough and want a refund for the money I gave for the box, and the $225 for the 241 I provided him.

Jacob, it is time to pay up. I have been more than patient and have tried to stand behind a new business, but you have not delivered.

Last edited by kpj; 08-08-2012 at 02:41 PM.
kpj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 02:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
kpj
Rock God

Member # 6920
So, shortly after posting this, I received a text and some pictures saying and showing that the box was done except for hooking up the shifter. He told me that he would be shipping the box on 7/25. I followed up with him on 7/25 asking for a tracking number and he said that he was unable to finish it up and will be shipping it out on 7/27. I have sent a PM to him and a few texts since and nothing has been returned. At this point, I just want my money back. I am tired of empty promises that have absolutely no value.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2012, 07:24 AM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 94823
wow, I have a very similar story but without the shipping. I contacted him over a year ago and shipped off $450 for a 1356 short doubler kit for my ford. At the time he was having shop troubles and owed several doublers to FSB members so I told him I was patient and could wait for those to go out first. Those went out and now I'm left hanging and since I asked for a refund his e-mail has gone silent. By what he told me my kit should be done but I see nothing and now another wheeling season is going to be over before I can get a doubler. I would go with someone else but he has my money.
drkhrs925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 03:14 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 67172
I still havent gotten my money back or a doubler from him. Been over a year. Now. Every now andthen he emails me and sayshes still working on it...
78Scronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 07:56 AM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 107406
If you guys used a credit card thru paypal, file a case with each. Most CC companies will refund instantly, mine did. And paypal eventually made up the difference. I can't believe this stuff is still going on. I really hoped Jacob would have things rolling by now, but looks like the same song and dance to me...
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 07:54 AM   #6 (permalink)
kpj
Rock God

Member # 6920
Jacob sent me a text yesterday saying that the box is going to be shipped out tomorrow. Hopefully, this will finally come to an end.
Old 08-19-2012, 06:47 PM   #7 (permalink)
kpj
Rock God

Member # 6920
Quote:
Originally Posted by trkklr77 View Post
so even if you do get it was it worth it?
At this point, no. At the time I ordered it, yes. It was a good product idea at the time at a reasonable price, but it took so long to get out, that there are now reputable companies making the same budget boxes.....and they have them on the shelf.
Old 08-23-2012, 04:38 PM   #8 (permalink)
kpj
Rock God

Member # 6920
Got a tracking # this afternoon from him. When I receive the box, I will delete this thread.
Old 08-23-2012, 04:40 PM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 82838
I wouldnt. Let everyone know its gonna take a year to get your shit from him.
Old 08-23-2012, 07:00 PM   #10 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 109328
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter141 View Post
I wouldnt. Let everyone know its gonna take a year to get your shit from him.
X2

Please don't, a year is an absoulte joke of a time frame!

Derek
You don't need to take off the cover, just stick a screwdriver in that 50amp 240V plug under the panel while licking your fingers and touching the door of the panel. If your pecker rips through your jeans it's 3 phase.
Ho Shorts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 10:54 AM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 56027
Send a message via AIM to GIJoe4500
Quote:
Originally Posted by trkklr77 View Post
look up the pics from the last guy who bought his case setup.

the real joke is his product, the time frame is just the icing on the shitty cake.
x2. Need me to dig up the thread so you can see the pics? here recently, I sent him a text again to find out about the refund he promised me for his shitty product. He "supposedly" is going to start sending me $100/month until its paid off, and wants to sent me one of his re-designed 1356 doublers (for free) to make up for it. Once again, I'm not holding my breath.

Be smart, and do not order from this hack.
GIJoe4500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 12:35 PM   #12 (permalink)

Member # 107406
Quote:
Originally Posted by GIJoe4500 View Post
x2. Need me to dig up the thread so you can see the pics? here recently, I sent him a text again to find out about the refund he promised me for his shitty product. He "supposedly" is going to start sending me $100/month until its paid off, and wants to sent me one of his re-designed 1356 doublers (for free) to make up for it. Once again, I'm not holding my breath.

Be smart, and do not order from this hack.
So whats been "re-designed"? Wonder why I never got the same offer? Guess I've got a really expensive paper weight now! Although, now that I think about it, he did offer to send me free shifter linkage to make up, but that was probably 4-6 months ago and havent heard a word since.
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 06:51 PM   #13 (permalink)
kpj
Rock God

Member # 6920
As far as I know, the "re-design" is that he now makes the housing for it, like a Klune, instead of re-using the original case. I'll post some pictures Tuesday night when the UPS delivers it.
Old 08-28-2012, 05:36 PM   #14 (permalink)
kpj
Rock God

Member # 6920
Got my box today from Jacob. Here are some pictures of the box. Everything looks pretty good and turns freely.

Last edited by kpj; 08-30-2012 at 08:40 AM.
Old 08-30-2012, 09:02 PM   #15 (permalink)

Member # 210741
NICE
more one pics of king of crap, Every doubler he has made is a one off made on old manual machines and the only time he mails enything is when people drag him into the bad sellers area and wants there $$$ back. Its easy to see why he was banned from FSB for taking peoples money and not sending orders.

FYI
With no front seal and no snap ring in the front to hold the planitary in place its going to last as long as a fart in a hurricane. Its easy to see why he postes up " behemoth drivetrain warranties all of its assemblies and materials for 1 year from the date of purchase" and then takes 13 months to mail it
jeepslatgrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:11 PM   #16 (permalink)

Member # 94823
I still haven't received my parts or money from him.... I just want the crap stop and either money or parts.... like so many I tried to give him a chance and it just turns out he is bad news all the way around... don't delete this thread because people need to be warned not to do business with him.
drkhrs925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 08:03 AM   #17 (permalink)

Member # 127283
So would just like to voice up here.

I tried to order a setup from d.d. Machine and like everyone else I got sick of waiting for him just to reply back to me witch was very rare in jeneral.

So I went with Jacob at behemoth.

My order was sapost to be 30days out but due to a few design changes and stuff from other company's being on back order it took 3 months..witch is fine he always replyed back to me and even made it up to me and I'm fine with waiting for good quality.

But, I got his first DIY kit and was able to inspect it.

(I'm a machinist also)

First off, Jacob makes some nice shit! Yeah I can tell it is all made with manual equipment, and I challenge you to make this with manual equipment and let's see how you do.
Cus I couldn't find anything wrong or out of center with the case.
Witch says a lot from manual equipment...the fitment is perfect and the quality is spot on.

And jeepslatgrill there are such things called "blueprint's" so other parts turn out the same

And the changes he made to the shifter are a huge improvement.
The only thing I would change is put a snap ring on the back of the output shaft cus it moves back and forth..I don't see anything wrong with it not having one and having a groove in the smaller end of the shaft would make it weaker right there, so I'm fine with it not having one.

Jacob and I where talking about stuff and he said starting the 1st of July he won't have any more part jobs for other company's and will be focusing on his strong box kits and will be coming out with several new products..so the long wait time's will just be a bad memory.

I would and will continue to do business with him.

Old 10-03-2013, 10:17 PM   #18 (permalink)

Member # 242585
I took a long shot and ordered one of these boxes. I had similar problems, seemed cool until i paid then didnt hear from him. 4 weeks later filed a compliant with paypal and the next day got a tracking number. got my box today. well made, cool little details about it. im glad i paid 1/3 the price of a black box or rubicrawler. kind of a PITA to get but still cool now its all said and done
TacosGrande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 12:17 PM   #19 (permalink)

Member # 199917
Mine was supposed to be 6 weeks out when it called him wouldn't respond to text said it'd be ready to send out the 27th of January 2 weeks later than was told and still no box or tracking numbers and called and he didn't answer this morning at about 930 and it's 315 now and still haven't heard from him I didn't see this thread before or the fsb thread guess I should have done a little more research looks like he has nice shit tho I was in no hurry but he's a month late producing my shit
jwarren97tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 02:48 PM   #20 (permalink)

Member # 199917
Well got tracking numbers and been shipped all accept my triple shifters said they should be shortly behind my strongbox
Old 03-16-2014, 10:08 AM   #21 (permalink)

Member # 128321
Got my DIY box yesterday. Machining was nice. I am running it with the 241 planetary in front of a Ford 205. As to the comment above regarding the planetary snap ring, the way the two case halves are machined the ring gear is firmly captured; no need for a snap ring. And maybe the previous models did not have a front oil seal, this new one does.

The assembly was fast and easy; the machined part had proper deflection; the delivery was on time.

Bummer for those who have not been satisfied though. Likely a small business over-promising trying to get traction.
cjcraig7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 10:40 AM   #22 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 296298
Call me crazy, but it shouldn't take 3-4 months much less over a year to make these parts for people. Who cares how he machines the parts? I mean shit, I don't care if the guy goes out and mines iron ore and casts the stock himself before he machines it, he should at least be able to give an accurate time frame to completion.

How the fawk do such apathetic fawks even get into business in the first place? Have they ZERO people skills or communication skills, or are they just mentally deficient?
Old 04-06-2014, 06:20 PM   #23 (permalink)

Member # 154225
Well I can't speak for anyone other than myself but I called him and ask about the past issues he had. He appeared to honest and up front about them and assured me that it was behind him. I took him at his word and ordered a strong box but if I'm to be completely honest, I was a little unsure about it. The time for arrival was getting near and I emailed him and he responded real quick and let me know he had a slight delay but it would ship out on "X" date.That date arrived so I text him because of my uncertainty and sure enough he said it would be a few days more BUT!!! to make for the delay (less than a week total) he added a mount to my order for free. It delivered on time after that with the mount he promised and is by far sexiest thing in my Jeep. No question its top quality craftsmanship.

So as far as I'm concerned he has put his issues behind him and makes a great product! Get off his ass and give him a chance! Just my 2 cents thou
burningair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 10:32 AM   #24 (permalink)

Member # 199917
Just received the shifters I ordered everything in November nov and was told 6 weeks lead time everything looks nice just sucks it took so long to get it all wish him luck if he can't speed his stuff up he's going to go out I'm afraid he actually threw a 205 support in because it took so long
Old 04-08-2014, 02:53 AM   #25 (permalink)

Member # 56027
Send a message via AIM to GIJoe4500
That redesigned box I was suppose to receive to make up for the crappy 1st run doubler I got still hasn't shown up. I got the cables for the shifters I was promised, but never got the box or the shifters themselves. He hasn't responded to PMs.

If I ever receive the product, I'll let you know how the quality is on it.
GIJoe4500 is offline   Reply With Quote