Pirate 4x4 banner

Jrjeepparts

12K views 44 replies 17 participants last post by  Cinaed 
#1 ·
Anyone deal with him?

I had a want add on here a couple months ago for a nv4500.He PM'd me and said he rebuilds them and sells them. I really didn't want to spend that much $$$$.But since I couldn't find one I decided to get one from him.I checked his feedback with Ebay because he has sold them there and it was perfect.Well to make the story short,he told me on the 1st my tranny was finished and ready to ship as soon as I paid for it.I paid on the 2nd with Paypal. That was a friday he said he would ship on the 5th or 6th.Then on the 7th he e-mails me and said that he was still waiting for a part.:confused: :mad3: . Then I didn't hear from till the 13th when he said he had recieved the part.Well still no tranny on the 18th so I called him.He claimed another part he was waiting on had just come in.:mad3: :mad3: and that he would send it on the 19th or 20th.Each time he has told me he would ship it he said he would send me a tracking # immediately after he shipped.Still nothing. I don't like to post up that he is a bad seller but I either need my tranny or my $$$$ back.

#2 · (Edited)
Just pickup my nv4500 from him last friday. It took a little longer then I thougth but he kept in touch with me and said he has been real busy. He said he had some other nv4500 had to ship out.
Hell of a nice guy.

I hope when i get it installed it work right. trans look good from the outside I hope it works as good as it looks.

#4 ·
just in case, you only have 30 days to file a disspute with paypal

I advise you do ASAP, then he will at least know & have to show paypal proof of shipping or paypal will refund your money, & that could take 30 more days, I did it once recently on a disshonest ebay seller:( Got all my $ - shipping
file & that will start a fire under his ass:)

He might be nice, good guy , bla bla, but WHY DUID HE SAY READY TO SHIP IF IT'S NOT EVEN DONE & WAITING ON PARTS?

That is not a "nice guy"

#5 ·
That was my thought.I know he is a nice guy on the phone and maybe in person,but why did he tell me it was ready to ship almost 3 weeks ago and it still has not gotten shipped.:mad3: I think I will go after my $$$$.How do I file with Paypal? I rarely use them.

#6 ·

they sent me an email yesterday with a phone #
888-215-5506

Monday through Friday between 6:00 AM - 11:00 PM CDT, and Saturday and Sunday between 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM CDT.

#7 ·
OK he has been very cooperative this evening :laughing:.I wonder why :laughing:. He apparently works lots of hours and only has friday and monday off.He said he has had a problem with being prompt.I'll will give him a chance to come clean as I told him Paypal would be notifyed if I didn't recieve a tracking # within 36hr.

#9 ·
1967K10 said:
Still no tranny :mad3: .I hate to hammer him if he is actually a nice honest guy in bad times but he is not getting it shipped :mad3: .If any of you know him you might PM him or call him. I'm going to have file with Paypal it looks like.
You should have files already:(

you paid on the 2nd, you have 30 days
today is fri 30th & the whole Holiday new years weekend deal, you will be lucky to beat the 30 days if you file right now today!

filing does not hurt his standing, he will have to show proof it was shipped & received or paypal refunds your Money, if you dick around & don't file soon enough, you won't have any recourse, should have filed within 36 hours of the 21st like you posted, then you would have either got your trans or at least got the ball rolling, took me near 30 days to get my refund:mad3: BUT I GOT IT:D

#15 ·
1967K10 said:
I just got a e-mail from him saying that he had not shipped it yet.:mad3: :mad3: :mad3: and would ship it this morning. This is stupid. If it's that easy for him to convince Paypal something is way wrong.
something is not right, call them 888-215-5506

#16 · (Edited)
God, that's messed up. Why can't people just get it through their heads that honesty really IS the best policy when it comes to crap like this. It's been said a million times, but I guess you can't repeat it enough. :shaking: I think most reasonable people would understand that with this kind of "side job" type business, sometimes there will be delays. Personally, I wouldn't be happy about it, but if the guy would just be up-front right off the bat and explain his real situation, I would understand and appreciate it even if I was a little peeved about the timeline. I imagine most people would feel the same way. I'm not passing judgment on the dude personally but it's just not good business to give customers the run-around. Why is that so hard to understand? Who wants to deal with this kind of BS?

Good idea filing w/ Paypal. It's too bad you gotta do that if the dude is in fact a good guy, but what else can you do when this happens? You gotta protect yourself.

#20 · (Edited)
I haven't gotten either yet :mad3: .It looks like I will have to keep calling Paypal.It would be great if I could just get my $$$$ back then I could go elsewhere. I got some e-mail from Paypal that I didn't understand.Something about shipping but it made no sense :confused: .I have not been notifyed that it came to a shipping co and the seller has not let me know if he even shipped it. :shaking: It was supposed to be delivered to my house.

#21 ·
I must have been the other nv4500 customer you were talking about. I paid him on December 5th, and he only finally shipped mine out Friday the 6th. I received my gearbox today, at Forward Air in Los Angeles.
I paid him with a Cedit Card via PayPal and I was ready to file a claim with my Credit Card Co. I find that using a CC and having them dispute the transaction is far more effective than using PayPal's claim system.
My trans and T-case unti looks great, and it sounds smooth. I am missing a few components we discussed, but I have to call him on it still.
I hope you get you unit.

#24 ·
1967K10 said:
I still would like to know why he didn't ship it to me?
because foward air is cheap. likely cost him only $75, & will run you how much for 600 miles trip:mad3: guy fucked you again:mad3: if he shipped:mad3:

#25 ·
If your rig guzzles anything like mine (about 8 MPG), that's gonna run you about $175 give or take not to mention your time and miles on your truck. :mad3: :shaking: Unreal. I'd be pissed. Good luck, hope it works out. If you had agreed on to your door shipping, the LEAST he oughta do is refund you gas $$$.

#26 ·
It did come in to Forward Air 300+ miles away yesterday morning.:rolleyes: I have 3 days to pick it up.Fortunately I know someone that lives a few blocks from Forward Air and I do get down in that area once a month but it still kinda pisses me off :mad3: :mad3: that he shipped it there instead of to me like we had agreed on.In the begining we had discussed Forward Air but he found that he could ship to my door for $100 so I paid him a $100 for shipping and expected it to come to my door.After all this waiting I'm suprized it got sent at all.The next thing will be to make sure I got all the parts I paid for. The guy picking it up is going to call me as soon as he picks it up to let me know if anything is missing. Will keep you all updated.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.