potential 'bad seller "Billdoe" dispute'. Please comment. - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Classifieds > Bad Sellers, Disputes, etc...
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2006, 04:57 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 47348
Bad seller "Billdoe". Comments are welcome.

Dear Fellow 4x4 and hotrodders,

I am seeking your help resolving an issue with a purchase of the vehicle posted on this board in May 2005. Also I asked MattS, a board moderator, to help me mediate this unpleasant dispute off the board, privately. I did want to give that individual another chance to resolve it. It didn't work. Per Matt's suggestion, I am making this public and am looking for your opinion. Here is my side of the stiry, Bill's comments follow at the bottom. Please read all of them.

Here is the link to the original post where I found a 69 C10 truck for $400:
/forum/vehicles-trailers-sale/356877-1969-1970-gmc-c10-2wd-truck-cheap-print.html

Bill Endicott, aka Billdoe on this forum, mentioned that he was a 'second owner' of the truck, that it was in a decent shape etc. etc. He emailed me a few pictures as well. I wired on the same day $400 via Paypal to him. He acknowledged the receipt of the money.

When I came to pick up the vehicle (5.5 hrs away, I live in Bakersfield), that was a rusted sitting under a tree P.O.S. with rust holes everywhere. It turns out Bill got the car from a widow for free whose husband had passed away and who asked him to tow it away, then parked it on somebody else's property (he still lives with his parents). And he didn't even show up
when I came over to pick up his vehicle. He got his money, so I guess he didn't care. A very nice guy, on whose property vehicle was located, gave me an incomplete transfer of title DMV paperwork, with no Bill of Sale, no registration paper, and of course, no title (Bill said it had got lost).

That vehicle is still somewhere in Auburn, CA getting rusted. As far as I am concerned, it could have been stolen and parked there and there was no way I could have restored it in a such poor condition. Or imagine bringing it all way down to Bakersfield, to find out from DMV that I couldn't transfer the title to myself! With no title, I wouldn't even be able to crush it at the salvage yard! Even as a work truck, I would have been quite careful sitting in a seat with huge rust holes in the floor (Bill did say that there were rust holes under the seal plates). Seal holes can be welded, no problem - but holes in the floor, rust in the truck's bed, rusted undercarriage etc? Here is quote: "some of the pictures the paint looks all off color its actually grass that was mowed and stuck to side of truck." There was rust stuck underneath that grass.

I tried multiple times to get my money back, however what Bill does is to say that he is broke, or sick, or some other excuses. At the same time he is actively selling his or somebody's vehicle, axle parts, toy truck parts etc. His fancy toy Jeep was stolen from his property (per his words) in Auburn and he was seeking a $500 reward to whoever finds it. He mentioned that he had invested over $7000 into that toy. Here is his thread:
/forum/stolen-vehicles-parts/407502-85-suzuki-quad-sport-banshe-eng-auburn-ca-500-reward.html

He blocked my cell phone number, so I had to use my work's phone to talk to his Mom last October. I asked her to relay a message to Bill that I would be taking the case to the small claims court. In a few days I got $100. Bill emailed me with a message that he would pay me back 'soon'.

It had been 3 months with no payment. I finally filed a small claims court case here, but he doesn't care (he said that he had a few charges already against him in the court). To me he seems like an experienced legal system user and knows how to play it. He says that the state had taken his driver's license away and he owes them a lot of money in fines. At the same time he is selling a vehicle and calling it a 'my daily driver'? /forum/misc-stuff-sale/381379-91-honda-prelude-si-2-05-commuter-car-sale-print.html

Guys, I appreciate your input in this. Please post what you think is the right thing to do in this case. Maybe his reputation on this board is an important aspect in his life and he would change his attitude.

After the court fees, he owes me $375 ($22 to file the case, $55 to serve his brother-in-law in Auburn). I don't include the price of the trailer rental, 10 hours of driving, diesel cost. He is doing his best to avoid me at all costs. He, for example, even changed his residence address on this board from Auburn to Georgetown, since I served his relative in Auburn. Here is one email he sent me after he got to know that I was serving him with the court papers:
Quote:
"yanno i was just getting caught up with my bills this month and was plannin on sendin some money then i get a call from an old Landlord where i lived 2 years ago saying i was served papers and he signed for it not thinking who they were for ... anyway you cant serve papers to where i use to live in another county that i havent lived in 2 years .. anyway i will be contacting my attorney and finding out what i have to do since you sefved papers to someone that shouldnt have signed for it for me .."
He calles this person a "Landlord" when in reality that's his brother-in-law.

Is he being honest?

I am a member of www.hotrodders.com and www.turbodieselregister.com BBS and we have an ettiquette and a matter of honor dealing with each other. I have no vehicle, but he has my cash. Who's right?

How long does he need to finally pay me back? He has had over 7 months to do it. I filed a compaint with PayPal, so it is on the record, but PayPal won't do anything since it has been over 45 days (buyers beware in case of future deals, by the way).

Bill responded back to MattS that he wasn't planning on paying me back due to this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billdoe
tell me this if you sold a vehicle they attempt to pick it up 2 times both times they break down trying to tow it home .. then say i dont want the truck its too much of a Hassle to get it home and want there money back after 1-2 months have passed .. the truck was his he abbandoned it .... both times he had the truck towed back to the place the truck was parked at and said ill get it later ... then i get email from him saying i Blew my transfer case up trying to tow it home .. give me my money back or a parcial refund .... so if your gonna ban me from here cause he backed out of a Deal we made i held my end of the deal up he backed out 2 months later and 2 pick up attempts ... and its not 375.00 i gave him a 100 and the deal was for 400.00 ....i think he expected a show truck for 400.00 . Bill
Here is my response:
Quote:
Yes, I tried 3 times to get to that truck parked on a 40* slope. I paid 2 guys to come out and try to tow it away. It didn't work. Then I brought my truck over and saw myself what this vehicle looked like. On top of that I blew my transfer case. That truck wasn't worth $400 due to its condition.

However,
- my misfortunes getting the truck are irrelevant. What matters is that the condition of the vehicle Bill advertised was not what it showed to me in person and in the pictures; and
- there was no legitimate paperwork. He claimed to be a second owner? Re-read his post. How would I have registered the vehicle? He acted like a middle person who cared only about ripping the profit.

It is $375, because I had to initiate a lawsuit and pay the court/serving fees to get Bill's attention. What else am I supposed to do to make him pay me back?

If he feels that he maintained his part of the deal, let's bring this thing on this board and ask board members what they think about it and what is decency?

Thanks for trying to mediate it, Matt.

Denis

Thanks for your help,
Sincerely,
Denis R.
'67 Camaro RS
'94 Dodge 4x4 diesel 5.9L

Last edited by darom; 01-18-2006 at 12:18 AM.
darom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2006, 05:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
NakedDucks

Member #
I'll cast my vote...

AFTER someone else chimes in 1st...
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2006, 06:39 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 10738
it is tough for me to judge the he said he said but the lack of paperwork bugs me.
we4jeepn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2006, 08:07 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 40375
No bill of sale, no title = no legal transfer of ownership

He owes you the money.
wizard_Drd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2006, 08:20 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 39305
you know denis it took you over 2 months to decide you didnt want the truck . i had a certain amount of time to have the truck removed and the paperwork was being taken care of .. the widow was almost impossible to contact i made 3-4 trips about 35 miles 1 way trying to get paper work squared away .... the deal was i was gonna Mail you the paper work when i got it straightened out . the paperwork wasnt the probelm you had i think .... i think after 3 failed attempts you figured maybe ill try and get my money back after 2+ months and use the excuse that paperwork was the reason .. if the paperwork was so much a Problem why did you Still try and Tow it home the last time when YOUR truck Broke down ? i think you were tired of trying to get it and figured its costing way to much to pick this truck up and used the paper work as excuse. Also You knew i wasnt gonna be there cause i told you on the phone Sat. i had Plans and would be around the following day but you insisted on comin Sat when i couldnt make it ... i Never blocked any # i had the same # i originally gave you .. i dodnt live in Parents house just near them and dont have a Phone where im at .... anyway i listed this as a decent work truck not a potention truck to restore like you were looking for... this was a work truck only it had a Hoist in the bed like a cherry picker and a 350 engine that ran which alone is worth 250-400 by itself.. the truck had rust on the inside of the rocker panel of the cab i mentioned this too you and showed pics of it... you later emailed me saying after seeing the truck this isnt something you could restore after your truck broke down trying to tow it .. i dont ever recall you askin me if this is something that could be restored till after you changed your mind... i wasnt trying to sell a truck that was something someone would want to restore it was a Work truck .. the truck was towed off the week after you tried to pick it up the guy no longer wanted it on his property ..and yes that was my old landlord where you served papers who cares if it was a brother in law . and yes i did move back home i have a cabin on parents property both parents have cancer and dad has maybe a month or so to live and need a constant care provider is why i moved back home but thats besides the point ... it took you over 2 months and 3 attempts to pick the truck up .. the truck was sold as is not potential Retorable truck .. for 400 dollars i mean what did you expect . the truck had a runnin engine a Engine hoist Mounted in the bed a lumber rack Factory A/c hell the A/C change over was worth a cpl hundred to someone restoring an old truck i could have parted the truck out and made alot more then i sold it to you for ...BTW the toy you mentioned that had 7000k is my nephews banshee that was Stolen from the HOUSE in Auburn you had papers served too .. i dont live in Placer county anymore .. the kid is a 22yr old UPS driver that saved his money and bought a toy he has always wanted so yeah he Posted under my name ... other then that im sorry the truck wasnt what you wanted i described the truck how i saw it ... if it didnt take you over 2 months to decide you didnt want it i could have sold the engine for what i sold it to you for and gave your money back but since you just said do what you want with it to Bob where it was stored he had it removed ... i do recall you saying give me a Partial refund to compensate for the trailer you rented to come and get it which i did give you a parcial refund and was plannin on giving you more then all a sudden you changed it too i want a full refund "400"
then next thing i know you want more then the 400 cause you rented a trailer and drove up here you wanted gas exspenses and rental of a trailer ...anyway this truck was well worth the 400 i sold it for if you wouldnt have Broke down and was able to tow it home IM almost positive i wouldnt have heard back from you.... due to your truck and ppl ya had try and tow it breaking down i feel it was costing you more then you think it was worth trying to get the truck so you gave up ... paperwork was parcially done your right it wasnt completed but then again i hadnt finished workin on getting it when you came to pick it up . if you were so upset about the condition of the truck how come i never heard bout it till about a week later after you tried to pick it up .... My nephew that Towed your car trailer to U-Haul for you mentioned nothing about you being upset with truck condition and said you figure it'll be another time before you attempt to pick the truck up again ... which i recieve email week later saying the truck wasnt what you expected ... a 400.00 runnin truck isnt what you expected hmmmmm .. i sold a 69 GMC no rust minus motor minus trans for 750.00 no paper work either the guy new the paper work was lost completely happy last time i heard from him ... anyway this deal was completed as i saw it with exceptions of i still had paperwork to get you

Last edited by Billdoe; 05-04-2006 at 01:33 PM.
Billdoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2006, 08:22 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 39305
he knew i was working on getting the paper work completed .. and there was a bill of sale in the paper work he got but gave back.. and i never mentioned i had Multiple cases against me that is something you made up . the only thing i had against me was a couple driving offense's which i had to take a loan out and pay to get my lisence back

Last edited by Billdoe; 01-13-2006 at 10:54 PM.
Old 01-13-2006, 08:51 PM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 47348
Bill, even after I asked you for a partial refund ($350), do you remember what you said to me? 'Soon', 'laid off job', some kind of deal with your benefits etc. etc. Then I saw you were selling quite successfully your truck parts on this board and making $$. How could you be honest with me? After that I got disallusioned with your excuses and wanted a full amount.

Here is the list of things Mr. Endicott bought or sold:

1. On August 4, 2005 he is selling a 91 Honda Prelude for $1750.
2. Ad posted on September 14, 2005: “Extreme Duty Long Arm TJ Suspension System for 97-02. … $1700” On September 17 Mr. Endicott responded: “man I would buy this but I cant afford it till next payday now grrr … hopefully ill sell a few things and come up with some money cause this is what im looking for.”
3. On August 30, 2005 Mr. Endicott successfully sold “48 Willys Jeep project” for $1150.
4. On October 18, 2005 he was interested in purchasing a “HP44 Housing” for $100.
5. On October 9, 2005 he wanted to buy an engine off “1989 extra cab project” which ran for $1600.
6. On October 27, 2005 he posted a $500 reward for his stolen “85 Suzuki quad sport” He wrote that “we have $7000 into it and would love to get it back.”
7. On October 30, 2005 he successfully sold “toyota solid axle”.
8. On November 1, 2005 he posted a for-sale ad about “1990 toy pickup extra cab” for $700.
9. On November 5, 2005 he managed to sell “Toyota Tacoma rear axle” for $210. On the same day he tried to purchase a set of “black rock crawlers” tires off one of the bulletin board users.

When someone files a lawsuit, this person can indicate any charges incurred with that inconvience. I included diesel cost and trailer rental. If you read that court paperwork, it mentions that you could contact the plaintiff and settle the lawsuit outside the court's walls. That's all I wanted. I wished you would have just paid me my $350 I had offered you long time ago and be done with it.

Now look what it got dragged into.
Old 01-13-2006, 09:08 PM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 39305
yeah and almost all that you just listed is my Nephews stuff they were selling .. they are Toyota people and use my user name on here when they need to sell or buy something .. i never sold the Prelude and the willy's was sold and since my nephew traded his truck for it and i was gonna buy it off him and i couldnt afford to buy it.. we sold it and he Got the money out of it.. i have 2 nephews that use this bullentin board more then me posting and replying on things .. which i told them to get there own user name but cant so this is why it looks like i buy and sell so much stuff... most is there stuff on here not mine .

Last edited by Billdoe; 01-13-2006 at 09:10 PM.
Old 01-13-2006, 09:23 PM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 47348
Bill, I am glad you are answering my posts. Before I had to wait for 2-3 weeks to hear from you.

Anyway, these newphews 'stuff' is just lame, it takes 1 minute to setup your own user name here. Try explaining this to a judge.

You took my cash, enjoyed it and I received nothing in return. This is the FACT.

Pay me back the amount you owe me, and I would be happy to delete this thread from this server.

There was no appropriate paperwork on site presented to me. Besides, how would you even have known since you didn't even BOTHER to show up. You knew when I was arriving.
Old 01-13-2006, 10:38 PM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 65343
HI I am one of Bill's nephews. My name is Arlan and what he says about me and
my brother is true I can kind of of prove it. I am the 22 year old ups driver
he spoke of. I sold my tacoma axel using his account looked into buying
rockcrawer rims. I also listed my quad being stolen. Chick out myspace and you
will see my tacoma the axel came off of in my pics and also pics of my quad
that was stolen.

http://www.myspace.com/arlanjacob

Here is my brothers my space josh:

http://www.myspace.com/washedoubt
on his myspace you will see pics of the 4runner he was trying to sell on here,
and in that runner is the engine he bought off pirat that came with the 89
truck earlier listed on this post. My brother also sold a front axel and other yota parts on here.
arloey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2006, 01:27 AM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 32337
Well I am sure one of the MODS for this list, can check IP address's to see there is a match between Arloey and Billdoe

Last edited by 4xjunkie; 01-14-2006 at 01:28 AM.
4xjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2006, 06:27 AM   #12 (permalink)

Member # 40375
Quote:
Originally Posted by arloey
HI I am one of Bill's nephews. My name is Arlan and what he says about me and
my brother is true I can kind of of prove it. I am the 22 year old ups driver
he spoke of. I sold my tacoma axel using his account looked into buying
rockcrawer rims. I also listed my quad being stolen.
Irrelevent what else was sold under the account, the issue at hand is this truck. Unless you sold the C10 using his account.

Why would someone post of vehicle for sale if they didn't have all the paperwork ready? There is no mention of that in the ad.
wizard_Drd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2006, 08:04 AM   #13 (permalink)
NakedDucks

Member #
Anyone find it as interesting as I do that "they can't get their own acounts" but now all of a sudden, one of the nephews has one?

Also, if "most of the stuff" is theirs and not his...what IS his, and what IS theirs?

HMMMMMMMMM................

And as for my vote?

DAROM!!!!

Maybe we have another Wendzel on out hands....

Last edited by NakedDucks; 01-14-2006 at 08:07 AM.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2006, 10:32 AM   #14 (permalink)

Member # 47348
Arlan, aka Arloey, thanks for posting. I know that you exist since I served the court paperwork at your address and you were the one who signed for it.

I am also positive that you are an honest person who makes an honest decent living. Can you re-assure me that your uncle, Bill E., is the same way? I asked him once to be a gentleman and pay me back.

I posted some items for sale here just an example, that Bill was, basically, a liar to me. He could have paid back to me if he wanted to be decent.

The whole thing about who lives in Auburn and who is Georgetown, whose email addresses you both use, is still confusing. Look at this,

The truck pictures were emailed from:
Quote:
"Arloey" <Arlan_ebay@hotmail.com> . The message was signed by Bill
I sent a paypal payment of $400 to:
Quote:
paypal receipt - This email confirms that you sent $400.00 USD to billdoe_69@hotmail.com.
So Bill E. has a separate checking account set up for him since there was a banking transaction.

Then on September 2, I received:
Quote:
came from: "arlan_ebay@hotmail.com" <arlan_ebay@hotmail.com>
Arlan Jacob Daniel has just sent you $100.00 USD with PayPal
Note: partial truck repayment
Here Arlan tried to lend a helping hand to his uncle. Can you cover up the rest of his debt to me and you both can later pay to each other, since you are relatives?
Old 01-18-2006, 12:16 AM   #15 (permalink)

Member # 47348
legal matters pursuit

Bill, I guess I will have to pursue the legal means of getting my money back from you. I will continue with the lawsuit. I will make the sheriff stop by your parents' house to deliver the paperwork. It is called a subsitute service. It is sufficient, trust me.

Just out of curiousity, re-read the SC-100 form which says at the end:
Quote:
"Let the case "default." If you don't settle and do not go to the trial (default), the judge may give the Plaintiff what he or she is asking for and court costs. If this happens, the Plaintiff can legally take your money, wages, and property to pay the judgement."
Since you don't possess any property and live with your parents, this lawsuit is going to be an eye-sore in your credit history, next time you come over to a bank for a loan or decide to buy a vehicle. Or go to a college and apply for a student loan. Possibilities are limitless.

For you guys on this forum, piece of advice to stay away from Bill Endicott, aka Billdoe, who may reside at:

24930 State Highway 49
Auburn, CA 95602-8536

or
3606 Gunpowder Ln
Greenwood, CA 95635-9511

or any other Doe's nephews living in Auburn or Greenwood's CA vicinity. Or if you do deal with him, make sure you don't pay the money before you have seen the merchandise and verified any paperwork (receipts of ownership, engine rebuilt receipts etc.)

Bill - there is still a decent way out of this - pay the cash you owe me and I will be happy to dismiss the lawsuit.

Have a nice day.
Old 02-05-2006, 10:39 PM   #16 (permalink)

Member # 47348
Bump for this thread since I haven't heard from either Bill E. or his uncle/nephew relative.
Old 03-23-2006, 11:00 PM   #17 (permalink)

Member # 28395
Send a message via MSN to hotcowboy76 Send a message via Yahoo to hotcowboy76
Good for you Darom I didnt read the whole thread but looks like you have a good case against this scammer! I also have had a bad experience with Bill which was mostly my fault for trusting a person to pay payments when he allready has the property. He still owes me $200 from about 6 months ago which he weaseled down and out of and avoided my calls. I just chalked it up to a lesson learned at this point, got tired of dealing with the guy and he allready turned around and made money on the jeep anyway! Good luck man!!
hotcowboy76 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2006, 10:19 AM   #18 (permalink)

Member # 39305
funny how our deal comes up and this subject ... the toyota i traded you for the jeep i rented trailer delivered and deal was made at first to trade straight across then you decide you want money (500.00) when you asked me to trade ... i agree .... pay for trailer deliever 130 miles away ends up costing me about 200 to do all this i give you 250 on spot and deal is done ... i end up with no paperwork i cant do anything with and ask you to split the gas and trailer cost with me which you did ..... and wont help me locate the registered owner of it ... i ended up selling the jeep to payback the person that traded for it since neither of us wanted to build it and lost a couple hundred myself on the deal ..and i didnt owe you 200 was more around 100-150 but when i couldnt get your help with paperwork on it and told me basically deal with it yourself... i figured no help isnt gonna help you get the remaining money .. the guy that bought it for 1050.00 his dad was a chp officer and had a way to work through the no paperwork ... so i was lucky i was even able to do anything with it .. so in the end i got a jeep i paid 1450.00- 1500 for sold for 1050.00 losing a few 100's on the deal .. this deal with darom i coulda got the paperwork for the truck no problem but he wanted a truck that was restoreable not something that was concidered a work truck .... you sold me a jeep that i couldnt get any paperwork on without being a major deal .. so where did i ever make any money on it ? i also got a letter form the court saying case dismissed in this thread

Last edited by Billdoe; 03-24-2006 at 10:22 AM.
Old 03-24-2006, 12:07 PM   #19 (permalink)

Member # 28395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billdoe
funny how our deal comes up and this subject ... the toyota i traded you for the jeep i rented trailer delivered and deal was made at first to trade straight across then you decide you want money (500.00) when you asked me to trade ... i agree .... pay for trailer deliever 130 miles away ends up costing me about 200 to do all this i give you 250 on spot and deal is done ... i end up with no paperwork i cant do anything with and ask you to split the gas and trailer cost with me which you did ..... and wont help me locate the registered owner of it ... i ended up selling the jeep to payback the person that traded for it since neither of us wanted to build it and lost a couple hundred myself on the deal ..and i didnt owe you 200 was more around 100-150 but when i couldnt get your help with paperwork on it and told me basically deal with it yourself... i figured no help isnt gonna help you get the remaining money .. the guy that bought it for 1050.00 his dad was a chp officer and had a way to work through the no paperwork ... so i was lucky i was even able to do anything with it .. so in the end i got a jeep i paid 1450.00- 1500 for sold for 1050.00 losing a few 100's on the deal .. this deal with darom i coulda got the paperwork for the truck no problem but he wanted a truck that was restoreable not something that was concidered a work truck .... you sold me a jeep that i couldnt get any paperwork on without being a major deal .. so where did i ever make any money on it ? i also got a letter form the court saying case dismissed in this thread
I am sick of dealing with you Bill it just comes down to you being dishonest throughout our whole deal. I agree we decided on an even swap at first but when I changed my mind on the deal you OFFERED money on top. I told you in advance there was no paperwork on the jeep and you were fine with that, but after the deal then you act like I didnt tell you about it!! WTF?? I told you I had no info on the title because I lost it over two years ago but you insisted that I had information I was holding out on to the person you sold the jeep to!! From reading your add it looks like you pulled parts off what I sold you including the tires and rims which were worth $500 EASY and you say you took a loss?? No I took the loss when you traded me a "running with a knock" toyota with "no rust" and the engine was apart and missing parts and there was a hole the size of my fist on the passenger side floorboard due to rust! The only reason I agreed to split the cost of gas and whatever from you was it had allready been a month past when you said you would have the rest of the money we originally agreed on and still I had nothing. I figured dealing with a person like you I would cut my losses, and get what I could out of you because you allready showed your true colors when you tried to re-negotiate a deal you shook on after the fact!!!
Old 03-24-2006, 05:08 PM   #20 (permalink)

Member # 20804
hey.. this is pretty simple

PAY UP..

end of story

anything else is an excuse... in the time you have put into writng repsonses to "justify" why you havent made right you could have written a check ten times over...

I hate crooked people... thankfully I can arrest them
Old 03-25-2006, 06:38 AM   #21 (permalink)

Member # 16897
Here's my two cents and another way to look at this.

Does anyone look at something to inspect it before buying it? Everytime I sold a used vehicle it has been AS IS - period. Make sure you want it before buying. Especially a $400 vehicle - if it is that cheap there are problems with it. And as far as restoring it, this doesn't wash. You may have been unable to restore it due to limited skillset or too much work or too much cost, but anything can be restored. For $400 you are looking at a vehicle that will take more work. For $1000 - less work. Said it was restorable claim? - Doesn't wash.

As far as on a 40 deg grade. Was there a delivery of vehicle discussed in the deal? If the buyer had looked at the vehicle he would have known there would be issues. Evidently it was not immposible to haul off as somebody DID haul it off.

Once money changes hands the deal is done in my eyes. Yes, I know there is no paperwork done on the vehicles so "legally", it didn't change hands. Think of it this way, you give me $400 for the truck, a couple of monthss later I say I changed my mind I want it back and since we haven't signed a Bill Of Sale you have to give me my truck back, here's your money. That would be wrong.

On the other hand, - I bought the truck from you two months ago, I'm unable to pick it up, I told the man whose land it is on to do what he pleases with it because I'm aggravated and it is too much trouble to get it. So the man says Ok, I'm aggravated too, want it gone, so I'll have it hauled off.

At the time you told the man to do with it what he will, It was your truck!!!! If it wasn't your truck, then you had no right to make that comment. If it wasn't your truck, why were you trying to haul it off? If you want the $400 back, come up with the truck.

I won't comment on the breakages during recovery efforts of a vehicle that was yours. Your problem. At least you found weak points in your vehicle.

Lack of paperwork - I never hand over cash for a vehicle unless the title is being handed over. Unless title is unimportant. If it is lost then we'll get the title first. Nonissue.

Money changed hands - there was a sell. After two months to go back on the deal and demand money back? He could have backed out on the deal at FIRST INSPECTION. But he tried to haul it off and made several attempts to do so.

Be sure of a deal before you make it!! The "He said it was like this" doesn't get it with a vehicle (on an engine it would get more complicated if claims of new were involved). Inspect it. Make the deal. Live with it.

See, there is another way to look at this. Calling this a scam is rediculous. I know no parties involved here.

Last edited by crawlinjeep; 03-25-2006 at 06:39 AM.
crawlinjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2006, 06:44 AM   #22 (permalink)

Member # 16897
Quote:
Originally Posted by camsk5
hey.. this is pretty simple

PAY UP..

end of story

anything else is an excuse... in the time you have put into writng repsonses to "justify" why you havent made right you could have written a check ten times over...

I hate crooked people... thankfully I can arrest them
But thankfully you're not a Judge since a judge has to look at all sides. I loath crooks, also. I just don't think the case is being presented correctly. Or maybe it is, it just isn't clear cut he's right and he's wrong. Judge Judy anyone?
Old 03-25-2006, 08:02 AM   #23 (permalink)

Member # 28395
Quote:
Originally Posted by crawlinjeep
But thankfully you're not a Judge since a judge has to look at all sides. I loath crooks, also. I just don't think the case is being presented correctly. Or maybe it is, it just isn't clear cut he's right and he's wrong. Judge Judy anyone?
You are missing the fact that this guy has done the same thing to more than one person so this is not an isolated incedent. He pulled he igzact same stunt and told the same lies with our deal and he still owes money he told me he wont pay because he chnged his mind of a condition we had originally agreed to!!
Old 03-25-2006, 03:39 PM   #24 (permalink)

Member # 16897
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotcowboy76
You are missing the fact that this guy has done the same thing to more than one person so this is not an isolated incedent. He pulled he igzact same stunt and told the same lies with our deal and he still owes money he told me he wont pay because he chnged his mind of a condition we had originally agreed to!!
Yes, in your situation he owes the money he agreed to pay. An agreement is just that. I have also been in this situation. My hard and fast rule now is - I will not loan money unless I don't mind not getting it back. I'll say no quickly. There is a friend of mine I loan money to occaisionally and I don't expect to get it back. He's still a good friend and I will loan him money if I can live without it. If not, I tell him I don't have it to loan.

On the other issue of the $400 truck, I bought a Blazer in Dallas 2 yrs ago over ebay. I get there with the money and it is not what was advertised. I walked away even though I rented a car at $125 to get there (and another $125 to get back) along with 2 hotel nights because I couldn't get in touch with him when I got there. I also paid for all meals for a friend to go with me. And all gas for 12hrs both ways. So $500 later I was back in Baton Rouge and could only laugh. It was a gang sellin it so I'm lucky I brought a friend and a pistol. Bad situation. I considered it all my fault for doing something like that in the first place but the $3000 for the Blazer was still in my pocket. I blame him for lying about the condition, but who could I have blamed if I gave him the money anyway? The truck would not have made it back to B.R. and I would have had to have it towed. Knowing this if I bought it it is my fault.

He knew he had to tow the truck off, make plans. If it was me in this mess of a deal I might say, "here's $200 back. Now we both lost but you should have held up your end of the agreement and towed the thing off." What do you expect for $400? No title? No deal. But could he get it at all?
Old 03-26-2006, 06:47 AM   #25 (permalink)
mda

Member # 11212
If I were Bill I'd show up in court. I think the judge will find in his favor on a $400 deal. You paid without looking and the old "cooling off period" does not apply to vehicles in CA.

69' Chevy...$400...as is sale.

Only problem I see is that missing paperwork. But if Bill has it in hand in court, it will be your truck.

Good luck...seller seems like a piece of crap.
mda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.