Bad seller SAW960 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Classifieds > Bad Sellers, Disputes, etc...
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2006, 05:21 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 57330
Bad seller SAW960

A man is only as good as his word.

A couple of months ago when SAW960, Scott Worthington, got his new tires for his truck i offered to buy his old ones.
At that time he agreed to sell them to me. I told him i would buy them in a week after i got paid.
That week came around, and he had left town, and told me to go ahead and pick them up and pay me when he got back.
I didn't like the idea of taking something i hadn't paid for, so i waited. Then he got back, came into my deli and we BS'd for a while. The subject of the tires came up and i asked him if he wanted the money. He hesitated, said "not right now" and moved off the subject.
I thought that was kinda odd, but didn't question it. Before he left he offered to pay me for the food he and his girl friend consumed, and i told him to put it toward the tires, feeling as though that was a sure way to guarantee that he would still sell them to me if he agreed to do that. He said sure, and we went out side to see him off.
We got out to his girl friends car, and i asked him when in could come pick up the tires. He said he would call me.
You want to guess what happened next? Or rather what didn't happen next....
Yep, you guessed it, he didn't call. Then i got a call from his room mate last night telling me that he was leaving town for good, and that the tires i was going to buy where back on his truck!
Now, i'm not supper man, and i am by no means a perfect human being. I get Very upset over small stuff. On the other hand, i keep my cool real well in really bad situations. So yeah, i got ticked, bad enough to the point that i didn't even ask his room mate to put him on the phone. I knew it wouldn't have mattered at this point, the tires where on his truck, and he was leaving with in the hour.
This is a situation that could have been really easily avoided. All he had to do was tell me he didn't really want to sell them. But no, he led me on, and then took me for a ride for what, a free meal worth about $25. bucks?
Good move Scott, shows us what kind of person you really are. Not as though there was ever any kind of doubt to that after seeing what you did to your ex wife and kids over an 18 year old hussy. That's right, i called her a hussy. Just ask Doug what she was up to the day we where all in the garage together, and you where out at base with me fixing the pipe bender...
I hope the next time you do a self reality check you realize that you cant treat total strangers the way you want, and think that it wont haunt you. At least it will be up long enough for a few people to get an idea of what kinda guy you are.
B.T.W. If you feel so compelled to make this right, send me a check for your meal that day.
And you don't have to worry about screening your calls on your cell any more, i wont bother to call you again.
I was some what warned about Scott, and his intentions. I didn't listen, to the people that warned me about him, and you know who you are, i am sorry i didn't listen. I will listen to you more often from now on..

In closing all i have to say is...
Scott, it was you that showed me that "Charlie Wenzel" story.. What was the deal there, where you just reading it to get some advice on "how too"?

My name is Zak, and i got Worthington-ed... >

Last edited by redneckzak; 01-24-2006 at 10:06 PM.
redneckzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 06:33 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 57330
Quote:
Originally Posted by trkklr77
so how much did he rip you off for??????

oh, thats right, nothing!!!!!!!

wtf is the big deal, your buddy backed out on a deal where no money changed hands, boo fawking hoo. grow up get over you will live.
Some times its not always about if you lost money on a deal or not. And i never claimed that it was, i was simply bitching about one mans lack of credibility.
My experiences in life have led me to believe that a mans word is worth much more than money.
I see your point, and i too in some cases would be the one to say such as you have.
Maybe this "gripe" is more related to a more mature audience. One that has gone through puberty, and realizes the power of a mans credibility is some times a good indication to what kind of business he may conduct.. Dig??

And B.T.W, he took me for about $25 bucks, not as though i will loose sleep over that though...
Old 01-24-2006, 07:15 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 57330
Quote:
so how well do you know him, how do you know his word was worth a shit any way?,
guess i didn't.

Quote:
what did he do with the new tires he got, cause they arent on his truck any more?
He put them in the back of his truck, they where WAY bigger and he was moving, so that's why i assume, he kept the ones he was going to sell me, to save gas.

Quote:
oh , and you turned down his offer to pay for the food he ate.
Yes i did, in hopes that it would re seal the deal..

I hear ya on the "this day in age" shiet, but come on now. A man ain't a man without his word. That will never get dated..
Old 01-24-2006, 07:38 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 54216
dumb
4x4koko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 08:22 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 24289
Zak, get over it, move on. If this is the worst that happens to you your lucky as hell.
Old 01-24-2006, 09:23 PM   #6 (permalink)
On Vacation>>>>>>>>>

Member # 55521
you really are a cry baby. you should have picked them up when he said in the first place. he offered you money for the dinner, oh and where im from when you have somebody over for dinner you dont fawking charge them...jackass
fenderbmxer86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 09:54 PM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 57330
I'm not saying i'm not being a cry baby, hell maybe i am, don't really give a fuck. I am doing this to discourage him from selling on here, and any one else that may run up on this guy to know about his caricature...
Kinda what i thought this thread was for.. But apparently, ever since Mr. Wenzel, all this thread is good for is publicly humiliating people on the internet..
Drama is all that is of intrest on here any more, sorry to disappoint any one who was looking for another chance to witness a melt down by some sorry sap that got his privacy attacked by a bunch of people with the power of there PC.

I do however wish Scott would try to defend him self, that way you drama hungry freaks could get your hard on..

Quote:
oh and where im from when you have somebody over for dinner you dont fawking charge them...jackass
guess i didn't make my self perfectly clear there, and i can see how your dumb ass could misconstrue that. Let me spell it out for ya. I own a Deli, and Scottie boy stopped by, uninvited, and unexpected... Ate the food... Offered to pay after not taking my offer to buy the tires... I said no, put it towards the tires.. Get it now special ed86???

Quote:
you should have picked them up when he said in the first place.
Now, where I'm from, you don't take product that you ain't paid for.. Jackass..

Quote:
Zak, get over it, move on. If this is the worst that happens to you your lucky as hell.
How true how true.. Its not, and I'm sure it wont be.. Thanks for your modesty..

\
Old 01-25-2006, 05:50 PM   #8 (permalink)
On Vacation>>>>>>>>>

Member # 55521
Quote:
Originally Posted by redneckzak
guess i didn't make my self perfectly clear there, and i can see how your dumb ass could misconstrue that. Let me spell it out for ya. I own a Deli, and Scottie boy stopped by, uninvited, and unexpected... Ate the food... Offered to pay after not taking my offer to buy the tires... I said no, put it towards the tires.. Get it now special ed86???

Now, where I'm from, you don't take product that you ain't paid for.. Jackass..

\
In your first post ( the un-edited version) you said " he came over for dinner" ... you did not say he came to my DELI for dinner.

Would have made a lot more sense if you would have put that in the original post.

Uninvited? i didnt think you had to be invited to a deli.

I would also be anoyed if this happend to me, but i wouldnt go bashing somebody over somthing so stupid.
fenderbmxer86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 08:57 PM   #9 (permalink)
Linkoligist...

Member # 44474
Send a message via AIM to 86Yota4.70
Even with all you said still doesn't make him a bad seller....

*Support 81 Worldwide*

HereticFab.com..
Your source for everything to do with link suspension!
-4130 Heat Treated Links/Control Arms
-Heims, jam nut's, and spacer's
-Brackets from numerous vendors in one place

www.Mixchallenge.info
86Yota4.70 is offline   Reply With Quote