Questioable Buyer Concern? Need help! - Page 3 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Classifieds > Bad Sellers, Disputes, etc...
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2006, 03:56 PM   #51 (permalink)

Member # 50585
wow i feel sorry for you guys
roy jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 04:37 PM   #52 (permalink)

Member # 17405
I will gladly offer my fingerprints to help in any way.

Duffy
Duffster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2006, 04:50 PM   #53 (permalink)
NakedDucks

Member #
Well,.....

I personally think finger printing the axle will be a waste of time, for 2 reasons....

1) There's so much oil (or was) in there, that the prints will be blurry, or marred at best...chances are, there won't be enough to match...if any at all

2) I could be the only one, but a lot of people wear latex gloves or something when they are dealing w/ something that oily and greasy. Therefore, NO prints at all.
Old 03-28-2006, 04:59 PM   #54 (permalink)

Member # 64731
Quote:
Originally Posted by NakedDucks
Well,.....

I personally think finger printing the axle will be a waste of time, for 2 reasons....

1) There's so much oil (or was) in there, that the prints will be blurry, or marred at best...chances are, there won't be enough to match...if any at all

2) I could be the only one, but a lot of people wear latex gloves or something when they are dealing w/ something that oily and greasy. Therefore, NO prints at all.
very tru, I never even considered oil ruining prints, but there was never any put in there so It should be clean right? I'v never done a gear Install but I cant Imagine to much being put in there to get them seated correctly, or am I wrong? I wasnt taking sides, was Just tryin to offer Ideas and look outside the box
XJ99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 09:57 AM   #55 (permalink)

Member # 63486
Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ99
B. You yourself are the culprit, which again I highly doubt, I know once I got some 6k badass axles I'd be excited as hell to put them in my rig and I wouldnt be wasting time tryin to haggle 1,000 bucks back....
Just my 2 cents....
Obvious logic that seems to be overlooked..
Old 03-29-2006, 03:59 PM   #56 (permalink)

Member # 70346
Voice of reason

Hi guys, I'm relatively new to this website. I've been reading these forums for quite some time now because I love 4x4's and wheelin,' and I finally decided to become a member of this community. After reading this particular thread 3 times I'd like to offer my 2-cents on the matter from a former police officer's perspective.

First off, I don't know any of the parties involved. The only thing I know about any of you folks is from what I've been reading about in this forum. I'd like to state, that in my opinion, the original owner (Mike?) of the axles is free and clear and should not be dragged into any of this, nor should he be held responsible for any damages/monies/restitution, etc. He is out of the loop as far as I'm concerned.

After reading all this 3 times over, and relating what happened here to what I've witnessed in the past as a police officer, I have come to the conclusion that Duffy is the innocent party here out of the two bickering. I base this on rationale, and experience in "reading between the lines."

However, this does not mean that I think Patch is lying or is trying to pull a Wenzel. All I'm saying is that the "burdon of proof" lies upon Patch to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the gears (or whatever) were removed by Duffy, prior to delivery, because Patch is the one making the accusation. As far as the item being stolen in transit... I think it's unlikely given the timeframe involved, but it is also possible. Not to go off on a tangent, but I wrecked a Camaro one time and it was in the body shop yard waiting to be worked on, and someone had stolen the heads, and carb from the engine. It ends up that it was an "inside job" at the body shop. So, from that perspective I know it is possible that things get stolen while in the custody and control of a "yard" or "transit" company.

I think the fingerprint idea is a great idea. Oil will preserve a print with extreme accuracy and would be a great indicator as to who was tampering with the inside of the transfer case. We used corn husk oil on arrested people to obtain their prints. We rub their fingers with the oil and then roll their fingers over an optical scanner to obtain crystal clear prints. So, once again, the oil inside the transfer case will be a great tool in this case. Now, if someone wore gloves the entire time then that will be no good obviously.

Bottom line is that both parties presented believable and lucid arguments, but at this juncture, any court I've ever seen would side with Duffy, and again... the "burdon of proof" rests with Patch. Good luck to both of you.
Narrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 04:35 PM   #57 (permalink)

Member # 25551
Send a message via AIM to vintagespeed Send a message via Yahoo to vintagespeed
Any updates on this mess? I find it pretty hard to believe that someone would have an axle sitting for years? without turning the pinion. We all do it.

-jb

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchzx7r
Duffy you are blind to your own foolishness.
...Go ahead Duffy let your arrogance blind your judgment.

You will be proven wrong soon enough ..
Old 03-29-2006, 06:40 PM   #58 (permalink)

Member # 63486
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narrock

First off, I don't know any of the parties involved. The only thing I know about any of you folks is from what I've been reading about in this forum. I'd like to state, that in my opinion, the original owner (Mike?) of the axles is free and clear and should not be dragged into any of this, nor should he be held responsible for any damages/monies/restitution, etc. He is out of the loop as far as I'm concerned.
I agree, but my attorney says differently.

Quote:

However, this does not mean that I think Patch is lying or is trying to pull a Wenzel. All I'm saying is that the "burdon of proof" lies upon Patch to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the gears (or whatever) were removed by Duffy, prior to delivery, because Patch is the one making the accusation.

Bottom line is that both parties presented believable and lucid arguments, but at this juncture, any court I've ever seen would side with Duffy, and again... the "burdon of proof" rests with Patch. Good luck to both of you.
As you read (or re-read) you may have noticed the entry about having the axle inspected by two independant gear and drivetrain professionals (one of them represent a very well known fabrication shop based in Denver) of which contacted [a person at] Dynatrac to site their opinion (Duffy knows who) have and will provide me with the neccessary information to resolve this matter in court.

Quote:

the "burdon of proof" rests with Patch .. Good luck to both of you.
trust me I know..

It has escalated to this point because attempts to be civil and logical have failed. I still don't think Duffy removed the parts himself but while in possession for 5 years.. Someone did..
Old 03-29-2006, 06:43 PM   #59 (permalink)

Member # 8528
Quote:
I agree, but my attorney says differently.

As you read (or re-read) you may have noticed the entry about having the axle inspected by two independant gear and drivetrain professionals (one of them represent a very well known fabrication shop based in Denver) of which contacted [a person at] Dynatrac to site their opinion (Duffy knows who) have and will provide me with the neccessary information to resolve this matter in court.

trust me I know..

It has escalated to this point because attempts to be civil and logical have failed. I still don't think Duffy removed the parts himself but while in possession for 5 years.. Someone did..
Good luck you will need it

by the way all attorny's will tell ya what ever is gonna make them the most money
Old 03-29-2006, 08:15 PM   #60 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 36385
maybe i missed something, but isnt the housing clear of oil?? werent these shipped from dynatrac empty??? from what i understand these axles are still in same condition they were recieved????
Big4x4Rides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 10:45 PM   #61 (permalink)

Member # 63486
Quote:
Originally Posted by NothernAZxj
Good luck you will need it

by the way all attorny's will tell ya what ever is gonna make them the most money
With the proof i have the only use for an attorney is to consult, not prosecute for me.
Old 03-30-2006, 06:19 PM   #62 (permalink)
mda

Member # 11212
Quote:
After reading this particular thread 3 times I'd like to offer my 2-cents on the matter from a former police officer's perspective.

I think the fingerprint idea is a great idea. Oil will preserve a print with extreme accuracy and would be a great indicator as to who was tampering with the inside of the transfer case. We used corn husk oil on arrested people to obtain their prints. We rub their fingers with the oil and then roll their fingers over an optical scanner to obtain crystal clear prints. So, once again, the oil inside the transfer case will be a great tool in this case. .
If you truely read this three times then you should know it has nothing to do with a "transfer case".
mda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 06:21 PM   #63 (permalink)

Member # 8528
Quote:
With the proof i have the only use for an attorney is to consult, not prosecute for me.
yeah right.................LOL
Old 03-30-2006, 07:16 PM   #64 (permalink)

Member # 63486
Quote:
Originally Posted by NothernAZxj
yeah right.................LOL

Old 03-30-2006, 07:27 PM   #65 (permalink)

Member # 70346
Quote:
Originally Posted by mda
If you truely read this three times then you should know it has nothing to do with a "transfer case".
I meant differential, and you know it. Nice try smacktard.
Narrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 08:37 PM   #66 (permalink)
mda

Member # 11212
Quote:
I meant differential, and you know it. Nice try smacktard.
Sorry you typed it twice fawktard.
mda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 10:43 AM   #67 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 51446
Send a message via AIM to KrazYJ
so he was thinking something else...we all do it, get over it...resume argument
KrazYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 11:55 AM   #68 (permalink)

Member # 15386
Has the weight issue been figured out yet? I'm wondering about the "numbers ground off" thing. Could it be someone made up a "fake" Dynatrac front and swapped the whole front diff BEFORE Duffy even got it? (or while it was in his possession) Could this axle have been just a display model accidentally shipped out from Dynatrac? (someone tried to jack the display model at a recent swapmeet)
I recently sold a tcase and the buyer says it isn't what I was sold him (I took pics and have the serial number to back me up)

Last edited by carnuck; 04-03-2006 at 11:56 AM.
carnuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 07:57 PM   #69 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 37651
If you go ahead with the fingerprinting maybe check the hubs also since they needed to be messed with for the axle shaft removal. Just a thought. It would sure be nice to have proof, for both sides.
Old 04-04-2006, 07:10 AM   #70 (permalink)

Member # 17405
There was no grinding of of any sort! This was admitted in a taped conversation right after the buyer made the accusation during a three way call we had. I welcome any and all fingerprinting. The only work that was done was to repaint the housing to make it look good for the first buyer as the axles had been sitting out in the sun for quite awhile before I sold them.

Duffy
Old 04-05-2006, 08:54 AM   #71 (permalink)

Member # 64731
alright I'v got the best Idea yet, how bout you Just send them axles to me and call It a day... , sucks being a poor college student, those axles must be sweet...

so any resolution to this so far?
XJ99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 11:46 AM   #72 (permalink)

Member # 9560
This is a tough one.. But you guys are talking about $1000.00.. The way you guys are going. The only one that is going to win is the lawyers. You both are going to pay way more then $500.00 each in lawyers fees. The seller sends $500.00. to the buyer and Both of you call it a draw.
Old 04-15-2006, 05:59 PM   #73 (permalink)

Member # 69245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big4x4Rides
maybe i missed something, but isnt the housing clear of oil?? werent these shipped from dynatrac empty??? from what i understand these axles are still in same condition they were recieved????
This is the question of the hour, folks. Why was oil mentioned as being in the housing? Shit, maybe someone just straight up swapped axles. Does the axle show any signs of use at all? Duff, were you gone for long periods of time with the axles just sitting outside!?! (!!!Two Dynatrac axles left to sit outside for how long?!?!) Maybe someone messed with em then.
Just a thought.
outlaw.308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 02:16 PM   #74 (permalink)

Member # 17405
The axles were behind a gate in an area monitored by video. The new owner admitted to breaking the seal on the housing after picking them up.

Duffy

Last edited by Duffster; 04-16-2006 at 02:23 PM.
Old 04-17-2006, 10:58 AM   #75 (permalink)

Member # 63486
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffster
The axles were behind a gate in an area monitored by video. The new owner admitted to breaking the seal on the housing after picking them up.

Duffy
Wow Duffy your real quick on the uptake there.. You have to remove the diff cover to SEE THE GEARS AND LOCKER, THAT WERE MISSING of which, I removed by only removing the diff cover . Ya fool, get a clue..

Guys like you give this sport a bad name..