Terrible Service: Ott Industries - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Classifieds > Bad Sellers, Disputes, etc...
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2006, 10:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Member # 67131
Terrible Service: Ott Industries

I initially called them and placed an order for one steering arm. They said I would have it in 2 weeks. ONE MONTH went by without hearing from them. I again called to check on the status. They claimed they were "waiting on materials", and again said "within 2 weeks". ANOTHER MONTH went by after this, and I again called. This time they gave some lame excuse about a milling machine being broken. Pathetically enough, they again claimed "2 weeks". 6 WEEKS go by without hearing from them. I attempted to call but this time nobody was answering the phone, AND none of my messages were returned. I finally got a hold of them 2 weeks later, and they claimed they have "been busy". I then cancelled my order. It was not the 4 months of time that pissed me off. It was the repeated excuses and BS estimates!

I will never deal with them again.

I called up PartsMike, and had my arm AND linkage in a week!!! Great service!!! Highly recommend PartsMike!!!

Last edited by IA388; 02-08-2006 at 10:04 PM.
IA388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 11:00 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 65809
ill 2nd that Parts Mike guy . dealt with him when i worked at Napa parts in Auburn he goes out of his way to help people out and make them happy
CreepyCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2006, 02:16 AM   #3 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 3370
Quote:
Originally Posted by IA388
I initially called them and placed an order for one steering arm. They said I would have it in 2 weeks. ONE MONTH went by without hearing from them. I again called to check on the status. They claimed they were "waiting on materials", and again said "within 2 weeks". ANOTHER MONTH went by after this, and I again called. This time they gave some lame excuse about a milling machine being broken. Pathetically enough, they again claimed "2 weeks". 6 WEEKS go by without hearing from them. I attempted to call but this time nobody was answering the phone, AND none of my messages were returned. I finally got a hold of them 2 weeks later, and they claimed they have "been busy". I then cancelled my order. It was not the 4 months of time that pissed me off. It was the repeated excuses and BS estimates!

I will never deal with them again.

I called up PartsMike, and had my arm AND linkage in a week!!! Great service!!! Highly recommend PartsMike!!!
This is your one and only post here?
Old 02-11-2006, 01:54 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 5733
has IA388 really been banned, for making a comment about OTT or what? They never responded to my requests for prices and pics of their 60 kingpin arms neither, several times I asked too. But then again some vendors didnt respond to me either for certain ?'s to items.
REDDMANIAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 02:18 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 15049
Yea, when I was looking into their hi-steer arms, they did the same to me. I called several times and sent them 5 emails that they never responded to. I would never even consider buying from them again.