Bad Seller: hull2021 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Classifieds > Bad Sellers, Disputes, etc...
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2006, 09:53 AM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 35224
Bad Seller: hull2021

I traded this guy a running toyota pickup for a buggy that was "80%" complete... we agreed on a price for him to deliver and the deal was sealed... he delivers to buggy tells me all the parts are inside it i look inside and find alot of parts so i say ok and he loads the toyota takes off on his merry way back home... about an hour after leaving i was still digging parts out i find that the full hydro steering is missing and the computer to run the motor is missing. i sent the guy several pm's and he has basically said tough luck im selling the parts after i even offered to pay to have the parts shipped to me.. he has now blocked me from sending him pm's so i had no other choice than to start this thread. if anyone has any advice about what to do i would love to hear it thanks for your time and remember this guy is a thief...

Chris
zukfreak56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 10:50 AM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 78785
the yota that was traded had a chevy 4.3 in it this guy offered to pay for the gas if we drove all the way the gas cost us 200 one way this guy said nothing was wrong with the truck. the very next day we run the truck for apx two hours and it spun a main berring the moter is trash. and again i was just the driver and had no say in what happened i can only give my opinnon this guy is out a hydro setup and the other guy is out a motor so i call it even erace this stupid thread and go on with your lives.
truggy1ton is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2006, 04:04 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 35224
no the guy tells me it was an honest mistake so i offered to pay the shipping to get the stuff to me... the guy asked questions about the truck i answered to the best of my knowledge i told him i hadnt driven it hardly at all told him i didnt know much about the truck... what else can i do he owes me the steering stuff and a computer to run the motor...
Old 09-04-2006, 05:53 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 62392
I have the pm stating that the truck can be a daily driver and runs 75 on the interstate no problem at all. We pull up at chris's house and look at the toyota. the motor is hot because he had been running it to make sure it is going to start for me. I told him it cost us $200 in gas one way, he still only gives me $240. He sais the valve clatter will go away and the motor will idle down once it warms up. Well drove it yesterday, all it does when it warms up is OVERHEAT. There is valves clattering in both heads, and a rod noise in the bottom end. According to ZUKFREAK this is classified as a good running motor, so buyers beware of his opinion of "good running motors". I will not be sending him the steering or the ecu until a 4.3 shows up at my place. As he told me today, "AS IS" on the bill of sale means "AS IS". I guess it is a done deal

Y'all come back now ya hear!
stay white
hull2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 06:38 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 35224
please show the pm stating that this truck is a good daily driver and it can be run on the interstate at 75 i said it is streetable and that i had had the truck up to 75 on one occasion but not at 75 on the interstate i actually stated this truck would be good to drive in the woods and a little bit around town... i had not had the truck running when you got there i was mowing my yard.. i moved the truck about 20 feet about an hour and a half before you got there to get my tools out of it. no one asked me about the "VALVE CLATTER" if you would have asked me i would have told you the same thing that i said when you asked other questions i didnt know much about the truck i had only had it for a month...half that time the truck set at a potential buyers house... when i stated the as is on the bill of sale i meant i cant help that something went wrong with the truck when you got it to your house it ran fine at my house and made its way on the trailor fine... while the buggy that is "80%" done sits as a frame and axles tell me what is 80% about axles and a frame! anyways as i have stated in every post send me the steering and computer and i will pay the shipping and all will be final...

Chris
Old 09-04-2006, 08:42 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 62392
Not gonna do it.

what goes around comes around brotha. thought you could scam another one, well the tables seemed to have turned on you. Maybe you will consider all this when selling the next one. Have a nice day
Old 09-04-2006, 09:42 PM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 35224
what are you talking about??? Another one??? please explain!!! So explain all this and then send me the parts ill pay the shipping... thanks for your time and have a great week

Last edited by zukfreak56; 09-04-2006 at 10:09 PM.
Old 09-05-2006, 09:09 AM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 386
Send a message via ICQ to MattS
Quote:
Originally Posted by hull2021
Not gonna do it.

what goes around comes around brotha. thought you could scam another one, well the tables seemed to have turned on you. Maybe you will consider all this when selling the next one. Have a nice day
You bought a truck as is. That is exactly what it means. He bought a vehicle from an ad that listed specific parts. That some are missing. How is he to know that the motor in the buggy you dropped off is any good?

Send him the computer and the steering stuff as per your forsale ad below or I will ban you.

Quote:
selling the samurai buggy project. 91 samurai (good title). 114" wheelbase. 4 link front, 4 link rear, 38.5 gumbo mudders. Rear is bobbed and has led brake lights installed in tail gate.Brand new TJ coil springs front and rear. chevy 1/2 ton axles. 1.6 sidekick motor, auto trans, 3 transfer cases, full hydraulic steering.Lots of spare parts. suspension is done, all it needs is your choice of shocks. has custom diamond plate interior. This project is not completed, but has a lot of potential as a rock crawling buggy. $3000 OBO. also interested in trades.
MattS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 09:46 AM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 75711
great job mod. That is exactly how I see it too. Don't ban him make sure he gets this guy his stuff. Great job again mod. I was hoping this happened.
Old 09-05-2006, 03:34 PM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 62392
Ban me cause its not gonna happen. He didnt purchase the truck for the asking price in the add. If you go back and look at his add. His truck was missrepresented to me. So its even. But if you want to feel all mighty ban me, there are plenty other 4x4 sites out there
Old 09-05-2006, 04:34 PM   #11 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 24747
Quote:
Ban me cause its not gonna happen.
Join date Nov. 2005=Wenzelite. Go figger.
Backncardr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 04:38 PM   #12 (permalink)

Member # 40375
Now hull2021 is trying to trade the hydro setup for parts
http://www.rocketcityrockcrawlers.co...?TID=2111&PN=1

total asshat IMO

Maybe someone could let RCRC know about this?

Last edited by wizard_Drd; 09-05-2006 at 04:39 PM.
wizard_Drd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 05:21 PM   #13 (permalink)

Member # 35224
he also has the stuff for sale or trade on http://www.caos4x4.com/cmbs/index.php?topic=6039.0 the caos board anyways i didnt mean to cause any problems i just need that stuff to get this "buggy" where it is moveable and by the way i dont think this motor is going to run in the buggy i found a post on the caos site where he was looking for a motor rebuild kit... so once again send me a price for the shipping and ill send you a cashiers check...

Chris
Old 09-05-2006, 06:34 PM   #14 (permalink)

Member # 35224
well just so everyone knows that the parts did go with the suzuki and the price was set by him ill show a pm between he and I...

Private Message: Re: yota
09-01-2006, 04:11 AM
hull2021

Member #62392

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[quote=zukfreak56]how much you think you will need? i was thinking a couple hundred would cover your gas... so say 200 if that will work i can do it pretty quick this weekend would work if your willing to do it for 200 if not ill have to wait til i can get some more money... let me know ill give ya a call tomorrow.

Chris[/QUO

well my rig only gets 9 mpg pulling a trailor, so I was estimating 2 tanks up there and 2 tanks back. If you can do $240 ($60 per tank) I will see you saturday. You will be getting everything, minus the 38" tires. I have a lot of spars stuff to go with it. I will not have time before tomorrow to make motor mounts, however You can have my straps that are holding the motor in. It should be no problem transporting it like that. that is how I brought it back from tennessee.
thanks,
Michael
205-427-6776
Old 09-05-2006, 07:07 PM   #15 (permalink)

Member # 62392
I did tell you that I only mapquested to the state line. Not to the NW corner. That is not your fault, however I did not know where you lived to give you an estimate on gas. But since you said you will cover the entire cost of gas and my time, I will send you the stuff if you pay me the $200 it cost me to get back home+ shipping on the parts. I got no money for my time which you stated you would pay for. That is as fair as I can get.
Old 09-05-2006, 07:10 PM   #16 (permalink)

Member # 35224
no im not paying for your screw up you said you would make the trip for $240 that is not my fault i will pay for the shipping on the parts which is more than fair... if you would have just brought them with you we would have no problems ill pay the shipping but nothing else...

Chris
Old 09-05-2006, 07:16 PM   #17 (permalink)

Member # 62392
Quote:
Originally Posted by zukfreak56
i want to trade minor problem though my dad just left town for 3 weeks with my tow rig... my question is would you be willing to bring the zuk to me if i paid you id be willing to pay a good amount for your gas/time i just wont be able to do anything for a good few weeks now..

Chris

Well. I might can work that out, as long as you can cover my expenses. How much are you willing to spend? I will probably have to use a friends trailor. mine is not safe for a trip that far. How soon can you have the money? I dont have the baby this weekend, so this weekend would be great for me if it will work for you. I will need your address to do a mapquest.
You can call me tomorrow if we can set something up for this weekend, if not, that is fine too. If not this weekend, not sure when i could do it though. I will have my son back next week.
Old 09-05-2006, 07:19 PM   #18 (permalink)

Member # 35224
and then i wrote what is in the quote i posted earlier i said i would pay 200 for the whole trip and you had a counter offer of 240 for the whole trip which i accepted and paid.. send the parts ill pay the shipping on them but im not paying anything else.

Chris
Old 09-05-2006, 07:55 PM   #19 (permalink)

Member # 62392
your site wont let me post pics, but if you look at his for sale post. His toyota that he traded me is missing the KC lights on the hood, as well as the chrome rear bumper. Also if you look at the pic of the motor, it looks like new. When I got there it looks as if it has seriously been overheated many times. I can send you pics of what the motor looked like when I got it. How does his misrepresentation of his truck not matter, but mine does? I am very confused? I am missing KC lights, chrome rear bumper, and have a trashed motor,. He is missing a steering setup? I think you all need to dig a litte deeper into this before passing judgement on me. He did me wrong. I am willing to make my side of the deal right, is he?
Old 09-06-2006, 01:00 AM   #20 (permalink)

Member # 35224
ill get you another set of harbor freight specials that i told you the previous owner took off the truck ill also try and get you the chrome rear bumper which the previous owner still has and the motor looks like it does not due to overheating but due to no battery tie down on a test drive the battery fell over and hit the fan blades shooting acid everywhere which in turn rusted the breather and took the paint off the motor not because it overheated.. yes ill make good on those things if you want ill send you a set of lights the bumper and a can of spray paint to repaint the valve covers ill also send you a breather that i have... you just have to pay the shipping for these things and they are at your door step... The bumper will take modification to make it fit due to the body lift that is why the previous owner took it off... I dont understand why you are asking about all of this stuff here i told you the previous owner had these things ill be glad to get them to you send me a cashiers check and ill send them... ill send a cashiers check to get my steering and ecu.

Chris
Old 09-06-2006, 11:10 AM   #21 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 55362
Send the man his steering. I know if it were me I'd have to make a a$$ kicking road trip.
Acts 20:24
hardline04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 06:20 PM   #22 (permalink)

Member # 62392
I am going to work this out with zukfreak. I have contacted him directly.
thanks,
Michael
Old 09-06-2006, 06:25 PM   #23 (permalink)

Member # 78785
Unhappy

i agree about the gas he said it was in ak he didnt say it was on the ok state line we drove for 11 hours 551 miles one way i even had to come out of my pocket to make it home to my 3 little girls.
truggy1ton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 07:49 PM   #24 (permalink)

Member # 35224
you guys need to quit playing that sob story its michaels fault he said he would deliver for $240 i cant help that i gave him my address when he mapquested it he should have called and said i cant do it for that price im gonna have to charge more and then it would have been simple i would have said no lets just wait three weeks and ill make the trip... but no he didnt tell me it wasnt going to be ok... Michael has contacted me directly but his request is outrageous i just want the steering stuff that belongs to me along with the ecu for the motor so i can make sure this thing is gonna run... i have a pretty good suspicion that it wont due to Michael trying to buy a rebuild kit for it when he had it and also it not having any oil in it isnt gonna help... this motor needs some serious help to if you want to get into motors the pulleys are welded on the damn thing... all i can say is im sorry that the motor in the toyota did what it did i explained to him that i didnt know anything about it or the truck i have contacted the previous owner and he said he can prove that the motor had no sludge in it and the bottom end was tight less than 500 miles ago... So to get this resolved i am asking Michael to send the steering and ecu and ill pay the shipping we will all go our seperate ways and do what we all love go fourwheeling...

Chris
Old 09-07-2006, 05:32 AM   #25 (permalink)

Member # 62392
the motor in the samurai is good. I was going to rebuild it before I put it in the truck. It was in a samurai 2 months ago trail riding. No I have not heard it run, but I bought it off a guy I know off the caos boards. I would like the guy that built the 4.3 to prove to me there is no sludge. I can show you pics, He might have replaced the oil pan gasket, and maybe a seal here and there, but definitely no rebuild. Come on man, you heard it in your front yard. you are telling me that is how a fresh motor sounds? anyways I dont feel I am asking too much. all I ask is a little reimbursement so I can find a decent 4.3, you tell me how much you can offer me then, if I want too much.