bewere of Jim Terry. - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Classifieds > Bad Sellers, Disputes, etc...
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2006, 11:28 AM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 40645
bewere of Jim Terry.

I bought the Jeep Summit Sut that was posted for sale on here and other boards. I cant say alot but I sent him a $4k deposit and finally got a date to meet from him. After I made arangements for the plane tickets, hotel, car rental, transport of the jeep back to MI. I got a email from his wife that he has been hit by a car and cant travel at this time. I was able to cancel everything except the plane tickets. I found out that he hasnt been hit by a car and that he is fine. They offered to refund my money plus expences and his wife Sandy has told me twice that she has sent out the check. Well I havent recieved anything. Right now I have an atterney involved. I just wanted to make sure everyone else didnt get sucked into his scams.
n2ojunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 04:31 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by n2ojunkie
I bought the Jeep Summit Sut that was posted for sale on here and other boards. I cant say alot but I sent him a $4k deposit and finally got a date to meet from him. After I made arangements for the plane tickets, hotel, car rental, transport of the jeep back to MI. I got a email from his wife that he has been hit by a car and cant travel at this time. I was able to cancel everything except the plane tickets. I found out that he hasnt been hit by a car and that he is fine. They offered to refund my money plus expences and his wife Sandy has told me twice that she has sent out the check. Well I havent recieved anything. Right now I have an atterney involved. I just wanted to make sure everyone else didnt get sucked into his scams.

I would use the tickets and show up at his house witgh the local police!

TTC 2010 1989 BRONCO
-Awesome web development for your business. www.mudnworks.com mud@mudnworks.com
Pat's W I D E TOYOTA Front Axle
--"07 RoadStar 1700-4sale"
SeaBass44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-2006, 05:05 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 40645
Trust me I thought about it. I'll see what happens this way first.
Old 10-26-2006, 08:26 AM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 29928
I am sorry to hear that! But i find it hard to understand why anyone would send 4 g's to an unknown/out of town person. I hope you get this resolved.
BrokenBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 01:15 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 40645
Well I did a check on the guy and with all of his bussiness and being the owner and builder of a one of a kind jeep I thought he was legit. Turns out the jeep and everything else is legit, hes just a scam artist. I contacted an attorney and I called his local police dept. on tuesday morning. I recieved a call back on my voice mail about 2hrs later telling me he sent out a check last week and he was going to send out another one on tuesday. Its thursday and I still havent seen the first one. Looks like just more of his lies.
Old 10-27-2006, 06:30 AM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 75711
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenBronco
I am sorry to hear that! But i find it hard to understand why anyone would send 4 g's to an unknown/out of town person. I hope you get this resolved.
It's call Trust brokeback and it is expected on this board. wenzel......
Old 10-27-2006, 06:32 AM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 75711
I can tell you this. When someone said they sent a check out one day and are willing to send another a few days later they are full of shit. No body in there right mind would send two checks out in the same week. He is telling you what you want to hear.
Old 10-27-2006, 02:30 PM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 40645
Well I did recieve a check today. Its not for the full amount but its some of it . He said that he has to pay me in payments the first two checks were for half of it then he will pay me the rest next month. I am not happy about that but if I get all of my money back I can live with it. Oh the check I recieved was post marked the 23 rd of october which is monday. I guess he got the letter from my attorney and decided to send out some money. Anyways it wasnt sent out last week like he said but this week. I found out more stuff about him and I let him know but I wont post it untill I know for sure. Everything I post is factual, and I wont post heresay until I know for sure.
Old 10-31-2006, 02:17 PM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 78761
Quote:
Well I did recieve a check today. Its not for the full amount but its some of it . He said that he has to pay me in payments the first two checks were for half of it then he will pay me the rest next month. I am not happy about that but if I get all of my money back I can live with it. Oh the check I recieved was post marked the 23 rd of october which is monday. I guess he got the letter from my attorney and decided to send out some money. Anyways it wasnt sent out last week like he said but this week. I found out more stuff about him and I let him know but I wont post it untill I know for sure. Everything I post is factual, and I wont post heresay until I know for sure.
if hes doing payments, make him pay interest for what he did
Old 11-02-2006, 08:58 PM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 36434
Quote:
Check with your lawyer, I think you cash a check => you accepted the new terms, and then the best you can go after him with is a bad dept rather than fraud, and theft.

Mike D.
mdill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 11:14 AM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 40
looks like he is SPAMMING THE BB TOO

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showt...=1#post6160717

TTC 2010 1989 BRONCO
-Awesome web development for your business. www.mudnworks.com mud@mudnworks.com
Pat's W I D E TOYOTA Front Axle
--"07 RoadStar 1700-4sale"
SeaBass44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 12:44 PM   #12 (permalink)

Member # 81981
Spam? NO!

I was not spamming!!
I liked the looks and idear of the axles!

I live in Denmark, Europe. Have no afiliation with the company.

Sory if this is a bad company! Had no idear!

Hope you get all your money back!
2stoned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 11:31 AM   #13 (permalink)

Member # 12225
where 'bouts does this Jim Terry live?
jeepmauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 01:20 AM   #14 (permalink)

Member # 40645
mukilteo washington. The address is 8712 44th ave west. 98275. I recieved an email stating he was going to western union me the rest of my money on the 21st. I email him back to confirm it and nothing. I call western union to see if there was a money transfer for me and nothing. I think hes just stalling, I heard he just sold his house and that he is going to buy a RV and just disapear.

I found out from a couple of different people that he sold the axles to somebody else in Redding CA. where the jeep is located back in january, but he stilll has not recieved them. I contacted the FBI and I am filling a complant with them for internet fraud. I dont think it really maters where he tries to hide he will still have to have plates and insurance on his RV and a $ trail to it.

Jim I see you check this board every now and then if you read this and get mad to bad!!! I will get my $ back and you will pay. Haveing friends is nice.
Old 12-05-2006, 01:23 AM   #15 (permalink)

Member # 40645
updated info comeing as soon as a check clears.
Old 12-26-2006, 01:23 PM   #16 (permalink)

Member # 40645
OK the check cleared so heres all the dirt on Jim Terry.

I only received $4000 from him not the extra $764 he offered to pay me for canceling on out meet, to reimberse me my air fair. This was only after I let him know I contacted the FBI's internet fraud department.

I have heard from a couple of people that are assosiates of Jims (I am not saying there friends, just people that know him personaly) This is the story on the Summit.

The axles were sold to a person local in cali. for a fj40 project and were never delivered. The axles were taken off the jeep to put his own axles on the high clearence ones but he could never get them to work so he put the 44's back on. As far as I know they never made it to the person that paid for them back in january.

The hard top was distroyed. during a process to make a mold for the extended cab version. the one you see on his web site? Its all photo shop. There is no extended cab version made as of yet. I here there is one comeing out based loosly on his design but I dont think he will have anything to do with it.

I was also told he is still being sued buy Road Armor. And he had to have someone else pay for his lawyer. He sold his house in Wa. and the last I knew he was in Ca. in a small town just north of san fran.

He also scamed somebody on his boat design and took there money, That person I heard had to spend just as much to have the design fixed as he did to get it from Jim.

This is a piece of shit of a person. He has no concious at all. I have heard that he just wants to disapear and I think thats what hes going to do.

I wouldnt sell the guy a candy bar unless he put the money in my hand first. As far as his axles go I heard they cant get them to work and there was only a couple made and there just sitting out side rotting. I see he still has his website up so if anybody wants to send him an email go for it. tell him you'll buy 2 sets but he has to have them up front before he gets the money. If he comes thru back out. I dont think he will but hey was his time.

I hope my loss will help somebody else out in the future and that someday Jim will get his. Maybe he will get hit by a car for real. I guess I can only hope.

I know its a long post and its taken a long time but like I said I hope somebody can learn from my mistake.

James
Old 12-26-2006, 05:18 PM   #17 (permalink)

Member # 67315
so whats the website? or did I miss it somewhere? I'm not iterested in harassing I just want to see the site and make sure not to get screwed either
Old 12-26-2006, 07:43 PM   #18 (permalink)

Member # 69245
What small town north of San Fran? Probably close to me.
outlaw.308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 10:29 PM   #19 (permalink)

Member # 40645
www.t-rockaxles.com/summit_4_sale.htm

That was the website he had pictures of it listed under. Take the summit_4_sale.htm off and its the main site. It doesnt look like its still up but I heard it was talked about on here by other members.

I tried it and this came up anybody ever heard of them? If not I would think there would be some connection.
http://www.alien-patrol.com/main.htm

This company is located in nevada and well thats close to where he use to live in WA. and CA so he could be involved. just wait and see if they start selling high clearence asles.

The cisty is sausalito? Thats where he mailed out my last check from. He put his old Wa. address on the envelop but when I checked the tracking number with fed ex thats where it was droped off.
Old 01-18-2007, 02:50 PM   #20 (permalink)

Member # 1852
Send a message via AIM to dcg9381 Send a message via Yahoo to dcg9381
Those two sites are made by the same person.. Well about 95% probability.. Same program, same crappy graphics. blah blah.

Registration and contact info on the websites:
(480) 624-2599 Phone
(480) 624-2599 Fax
DomainsByProxy.com
15111 N. Hayden Rd., Ste 160, PMB 353
Scottsdale, Arizona 85260
United States
alien-patrol.com@domainsbyproxy.com

Administrative Contact:
Private, Registration T-ROCKAXLES.COM@domainsbyproxy.com
Domains by Proxy, Inc.
DomainsByProxy.com
15111 N. Hayden Rd., Ste 160, PMB 353
Scottsdale, Arizona 85260
United States
(480) 624-2599
dcg9381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 11:50 AM   #21 (permalink)

Member # 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by n2ojunkie View Post
www.t-rockaxles.com/summit_4_sale.htm

That was the website he had pictures of it listed under. Take the summit_4_sale.htm off and its the main site. It doesnt look like its still up but I heard it was talked about on here by other members.

I tried it and this came up anybody ever heard of them? If not I would think there would be some connection.
http://www.alien-patrol.com/main.htm

This company is located in nevada and well thats close to where he use to live in WA. and CA so he could be involved. just wait and see if they start selling high clearence asles.

The cisty is sausalito? Thats where he mailed out my last check from. He put his old Wa. address on the envelop but when I checked the tracking number with fed ex thats where it was droped off.
Sausalito is about 10 minutes from me... If you can figure out where this was sent rom, maybe some guys can get up there.

dIma
Old 01-17-2010, 08:10 PM   #22 (permalink)

Member # 151609
Jim Terry,,,RIP

hello all,
this is my first post here. I just got taken for 972$ by this jerk. I ordered a bumper with out doing any research. i sent him my money in a money order. then he would not return my calls. finally, on friday i got a call from some guy that said he was Jim terry's uncle and that he was dead. this guy is a real scam artist. I wish that some one would steel everything he owns. I have reported him to the FBI and the better buisness burea. I have also reported him to the local PD in the town in washington that i sent my money to. i am curious if he had used this line on anyone else in the past. thanks for your time.
wildgun26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 10:41 AM   #23 (permalink)

Member # 40645
Ya I dont check the boards much but try to see if the jeep ever shows up for sale again. What was the city he was living in? did he say he was with any companys right now?

I wouldnt believe that he is dead untill I see it in the paper then I would wonder who was the lucky guy that killed him, lol.
Old 01-23-2010, 07:28 PM   #24 (permalink)

Member # 143376
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildgun26 View Post
hello all,
this is my first post here. I just got taken for 972$ by this jerk. I ordered a bumper with out doing any research. i sent him my money in a money order. then he would not return my calls. finally, on friday i got a call from some guy that said he was Jim terry's uncle and that he was dead. this guy is a real scam artist. I wish that some one would steel everything he owns. I have reported him to the FBI and the better buisness burea. I have also reported him to the local PD in the town in washington that i sent my money to. i am curious if he had used this line on anyone else in the past. thanks for your time.
Where in Washington State did you send the Money Order? Do you have the exact address? Jim is not dead. Pretty much killed off his and his wife's families two or three times in the last two years, and used that lie to get out of paying people.
bajacrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 06:14 PM   #25 (permalink)

Member # 153564
one of my first post on this site am also a member on several others
didn't know there were so craptacular wads out there
guess i'll have to watch my back
macc715 is offline   Reply With Quote