Fawking UPS - Page 2 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Classifieds > Bad Sellers, Disputes, etc...
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2007, 03:41 PM   #26 (permalink)

Member # 38212
UPS has been screwing me on shipping in general. I can ship the same thing to the same state and one day it will be $8 and another it will be $20 . My problem is there isn't another shipper for 60-120mi. I had a friend with Fed-Ex but he recently changed jobs . Anyone use DHL? USPS is good as long as it fits in a flat rate box.
1967K10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 03:58 PM   #27 (permalink)

Member # 72794
Box size AND weight are factored into the shipping costs.
lennyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2007, 08:15 PM   #28 (permalink)

Member # 38212
Quote:
Originally Posted by lennyv View Post
Box size AND weight are factored into the shipping costs.
I know,I ship parts all the time. I'm talking exact size stuff and same weight.
Old 02-02-2007, 08:35 AM   #29 (permalink)
Dabbler

Member # 29562
Send a message via AIM to actionpaintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1967K10 View Post
UPS has been screwing me on shipping in general. I can ship the same thing to the same state and one day it will be $8 and another it will be $20 . My problem is there isn't another shipper for 60-120mi. I had a friend with Fed-Ex but he recently changed jobs . Anyone use DHL? USPS is good as long as it fits in a flat rate box.
I am calling Senanigans. UPS rates are automated and the same.

Unless-you shipped one from home and the other from a UPS store.

or your account was on daily pick up status and you changed your account status recently.

or your box size or weight changed-even 1 pound or 1 inch to bump it to the next shipping tier.

Rates did slightly change for 2007 as well...
actionpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 11:42 AM   #30 (permalink)

Member # 38212
Quote:
Originally Posted by actionpaintball View Post
I am calling Senanigans.

That's what I think it really is. The person at the UPS store. Cause it's a local business with a UPS drop off. I think they are just trying to make a few extra $$$$. All my shipments are dropped off.
Old 02-05-2007, 03:02 AM   #31 (permalink)

Member # 81461
Quote:
That's what I think it really is. The person at the UPS store. Cause it's a local business with a UPS drop off. I think they are just trying to make a few extra $$$$. All my shipments are dropped off.
I thought UPS offered online services for packages. You weigh it at home and pay for the shipping online and then they just pick it up from where you are at. They picked up my Qwest Modem that I returned from my doorstep with a tag I printed up online.
1969 CJ-5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 10:27 AM   #32 (permalink)

Member # 54492
Quote:
Originally Posted by krb View Post
Did UPS know the contents of the package?Might be what the driver was looking for.
How the hell can a TC fall out of a box and no one sees it?
all the times i've shipped a part from a UPS store, theyve asked the contents of the box.

Glad to hear you finally got the package!
Eroq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 10:27 AM   #33 (permalink)
Captain Insano

Member # 76760
I had some new steering shipped from Rusty's Offroad a few months back and when the box arrived the sucker was EMPTY! UPS had somehow managed to rip the corner out of the box and my steering slid right on out......good thing Rusty's was nice and shipped another set with no questions asked.

The thing that gets me is, how the hell do you not notice an empty box. My box said 30 LBS on a HUGE sticker right on the front of the box.........if I were the delivery guy and saw that and the box weighed nothing...I'd be a little concerned

Last edited by Gotlift01; 02-08-2007 at 10:28 AM.
Gotlift01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 01:04 PM   #34 (permalink)

Member # 48501
Quote:
I have used DHL a number of times and have been real impressed. I shipped a skid plate (stock Zuk gas tank skidplate) with a sticker on it and nothing else, and about halfway to the destination, the sticker was scratched off in a truck or plane or rabid dog, whatever. They called me and I gave them the address, and it was delivered the day it was supposed to, even with the delay. I have been real impressed with them.
CameronZuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 01:42 PM   #35 (permalink)

Member # 73452
Quote:
Originally Posted by CameronZuki View Post
I have used DHL a number of times and have been real impressed. I shipped a skid plate (stock Zuk gas tank skidplate) with a sticker on it and nothing else, and about halfway to the destination, the sticker was scratched off in a truck or plane or rabid dog, whatever. They called me and I gave them the address, and it was delivered the day it was supposed to, even with the delay. I have been real impressed with them.
I just had a skid plate hitch made and is bieng shipped to me through the snowstorm. DHL is sending it, so we'll see how they fair.
Old 02-13-2007, 06:10 PM   #36 (permalink)

Member # 72794
Got It

I don't remember if I posted this or not, but I finally got my case. UPS found it in Sacramento on the day it was scheduled to be delivered to, then shipped it to a warehouse in Salt Lake City.
Old 02-16-2007, 08:50 PM   #37 (permalink)

Member # 2114
really makes you wonder how much gets taken by the employees....tell me how a grill for a gladiator I sold on ebay for $300 packaged good just disappears....I don't think there's a huge barn full of lost UPS packages, and I wonder how they can lose a set of flat top knuckles packaged with heafty wrap and no oil to spill....just gone...vanished....poof....hmmmm?
JeepManEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 11:08 AM   #38 (permalink)

Member # 79389
A tip for shipping.

Lots of companies use the improperly packaged excuse when they smash your stuff. Don't accept that answer. Ask if it was improperly packaged why did you accept it? If you decide to take them to court you'll win with that question

Rogue American, Media Mercenary.
BKinzey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 09:34 AM   #39 (permalink)

Member # 15386
I've had both good and bad with UPS (seems to depend on the destination) I've shipped Jeep parts all over the world (probably 1/2 my '84 Grand Wagoneer went to OZ and NZ) and it seems certain destinations have problems.
I WON'T ship UPS to my friend's shop in NJ again. I sent an immaculate Grand Wagoneer tailgate in a crate, and it disappeared for 3 weeks, then arrived on my front lawn sans crate (I caught the driver as he was pulling away then called UPS) It had a forklift rammed through it (busting the glass) and dual wheel tracks across it (so much for it being labeled fragile)
Turned out it made it all the way to the shop, then the driver (who had an issue with them before. Rather than use a handtruck on a previous delivery, he dragged a bust of Leonardo Da Vinci across the the street and left it sitting on the curb! In the process he did $50,000 more damage to the $1.5 Mil statue) decided to back over it, and took it back to the NJ depot, where he or someone else unloaded it with the forklift (glass was found at the depot matching the glass from the tailgate. The driver tried to claim it was leaking glass already so he took it back to the depot sans crate)
It took almost 3 months for them to pay out and the BUM in NJ is STILL working for the "company". I think his name is Luigi or sumthin. Fuhgedaboudit!

I shipped someone on here a Dodge NV241 DHD tcase and between my packing (I take photos as I pack stuff) and it's arrival it magically transformed from a 29 spline to 23 spline! If it had been 23 spline, it would've gone into my '73 J4000 tow rig with a 727!

Oh yeah! I sent my steering knuckle to Colorado K5 to have it drilled and get high steer arms in '01 to ready my truck for the FSJ invasion in '02. They shipped me my knuckle back and it disappeared until 2 days before I was to go! I ended up converting my '86 Comanche to 4x4, lifting it 3" and taking that instead. (we did it the day before the trip, so we left without even test trying the 4x4)

Last edited by carnuck; 02-22-2007 at 09:38 AM.
carnuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 12:30 AM   #40 (permalink)

Member # 7233
Send a message via AIM to Wilson
If you have an account and get different $$ for the same stuff, you likely got caught by the auditor.
Old 02-26-2007, 09:06 AM   #41 (permalink)

Member # 87611
[QUOTE=1967K10;6432469] Anyone use DHL? QUOTE]

My mother was sending me down some of my old guitars from Washington, and when the finnaly arived to my house (3 weeks later ) The fawking neck; on the one my grandpa gave me for my birthday; was snaped! Oh yah, i was pissed, so i called them up and they said they would have someone come out and check out the box to see if it was packaged right... well that would be nice if they told me that before i tore open the box just to get the guitars out
Yota8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 10:31 AM   #42 (permalink)

Member # 39744
I've had trouble the last two times I used DHL. I think the problems both times were at the local dock. Second time was parts shipped in an aluminum rifle case. They smashed that one up good. Looks like they hit it with the forklift. It was hit from both ends, and bent in the middle. Most of the parts survived. DHL tried claiming the package was damaged when picked up. I had to use a prybar to break the smashed locks open, so I don't expect it started out that way.
PaintedRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 08:03 PM   #43 (permalink)

Member # 31076
but why should we pay extra

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsoffer View Post
.... but why should we pay extra for a service I am already paying for TO GET THE PACKAGE DELIVERED....
Seems like this thread answered the question.

I shipped a dual case last week and the UPS store asked, "Is there a declared value over $100?" I said "yes, $1050". Had I said "no" it would have been my fault. Did UPS fail to ask if there was a declared value over $100? Did you decline the insurance without consulting the buyer? UPS offers insurance for a reason.
jeffro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 08:23 AM   #44 (permalink)

Member # 87611
Oh yah... that reminds me, my mom said that she put the insurance on them, for 1000.00 and when i got it, they declined giving me money back because they blammed it on the box, the box wasnt even that bad though, untill i tore it up haha. Im not as butt hurt about it as i was, the neck can be fixed, but the fact is, i got it from my grandpa, and he trusted me to take care of it.

Last edited by Yota8; 02-27-2007 at 08:24 AM. Reason: fawked up
Yota8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 09:30 AM   #45 (permalink)

Member # 35199
I'm having a similar problem as we speak. I had problems with my atlas2 and took it to 4wheel parts to ship it back to be looked at. Figured they been there and done that so they'd ship it right. Well the transfer case was lost somewhere in Cali. It shipped from texas. Ups said they'll only comp. 100 for the case and 48 for the shipping. The reason is that 4wheel parts didnt declare a value on the package. From talking to both 4 wheel and Ups I feel that it should be 4wheel's responsiblity to replace the case or pay me for it. Anyone see a problem with that conclusion?
ATXBIRDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 10:34 AM   #46 (permalink)

Member # 72794
4WHEEL Parts

I agree. These companies that are selling parts over the internet are making plenty of money and ought to know better than to ship something without insuring it - I'm sure their building is insured.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:34 AM   #47 (permalink)

Member # 35199
Not sure if anyone could tell me for sure or not but is 4wheel parts legally responsible for the replacement or compensation of my transfercase? I just want to be sure that if all else fails and they try and wesel out of it I can possibly take them to court. Hopefully i won't have to but i'm getting the feeling that their gonna try and walk away with out doing anything about my 2500 dollar part.
Old 03-01-2007, 03:55 PM   #48 (permalink)

Member # 79301
I have always had good luck with Fed ex although I have to say in general they all suck in one form or another. Biggest thing that gets me is my house sits facing one street but my address and mail box are on the side of the house. Even though I put a big sign in the window of my garage door that says " DO NOT LEAVE PACKAGES AT THIS DOOR " Damn if every one of them does it. I guess reading really isn't all that fundemental!!!
woodzracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 06:30 PM   #49 (permalink)

Member # 56696
If they drop it off and need you to sign for it, wait and inspect the package first. Don't sign for it and they will return it to the shipper. Once you sign for it it's your baby and much harder to make a claim. Let it go back to the shipper and they can make a claim.
Old 03-06-2007, 10:34 AM   #50 (permalink)

Member # 35199
Still working on my claim for my Atlas. I'm trying to work with ups to fix it myself since 4 wheel parts is doing very little. I want my money and I hate waiting for 4wheel to do something about it. I've faxed all the paper work they want including the original invoice from advanced and from what I've been told over the phone the next step is the check. I guess I'll wait and see what the check looks like. Hopefully it's for the full amount. I have a feeling it wont but I'll just keep calling and chewing ass till i get all my money.