Evolution Machine -- Anybody else think they are full of crap about ship date? - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Classifieds > Bad Sellers, Disputes, etc...
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2007, 06:11 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 46081
Evolution Machine -- Anybody else think they are full of crap about ship date?

I hate to post this here because I understand how hard it can be to get parts built and shipped when a business is under the gun in terms of time and money. However, Evolution Machine has been blowing smoke up my butt for a few weeks and I don't have any other way to release some steam.

I called and placed an order with Evolution Machine for 16 large heim joints, jam nuts, and tube adaptors for a total of $2300 bucks with shipping. I called on a Monday and they said that the order would be filled and shipped on Friday. So like clockwork the credit card was charged on Friday and when I called to talk with them that day they said that the order was shipped and in the hands of UPS. They said it should be to me on Wednesday of the next week via UPS 4-day service. He even said "you got our last 16 heim joints"

Then I call on Wednesday to get a tracking number for UPS and they tell me that "there has been a problem with your package". The guy on the phone said that my package was at the UPS claim center because the label had been ripped off of the package and there wasn't any way for me to get it because it didn't have the shipping info on it.

So the guy on the phone tells me that I'll have it on Friday because he is going to send it out via UPS 2-day service after getting it back from UPS. That sounds good to me but I want a damn tracking number so I call back on Thursday to see what the deal is.

Then on thursday they tell me that the package had a huge hole in it and exactly 4 heim joints have gone missing for my order. He then tells me that he put the 12 joints in a package and sent it out but I can't have a tracking number because he can't get it 'till 6pm when the computer shuts down. So, I give him my email address and he tells me that they will send me the tracking number via email.

Then on friday I check my email and there is no tracking number. So I call up the place on Friday and I get more smoke up my butt about how they are already to go and I'll have them on Tuesday or Wednesday and that I'll get a tracking number sent to me via email on Friday.

Now it is Sunday and I don't have a tracking number and I'm not sure what the hell is up. I've been nothing but nice to them on the phone and I told them before I placed the order that I was on a very tight timeline for this build and I couldn't afford to wait for something that was going to be weeks and weeks away. Now I don't have any info and I get the feeling that they are being dishonest when I call on the phone and talk to them.

This wouldn't be such a big deal but I told them before I ordered that I couldn't wait. I need them now because of my deadline. Now I've got a totally rebuilt geared and locked HP60+14 bolt, Atlas 4-speed, and PSC full hydro steering, and 20 ft of DOM sitting on the shop floor with the only missing link being the heim joints.

I really think that they are good guys over there and they are nice on the phone but I'm tired of the crap. If you can't send the goods don't charge the credit card and send a smoke screen. Please be honest with me and I'll be understanding. This crap is getting old and I want to know if anybody else is having this problem.
tbeede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 09:13 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 46081
I just want to add that I think this is troubling because of how good of a reputation evolution machine has for the quality of their work. The product is awesome in every way which is why this problem is agonizing me. With a product that good I expect to be told at least 3-4 weeks for ship date because nobody can keep that type of stuff in stock. A monster 3-speed box is at least 8 weeks away from order date for example. With the demand for these type of high quality components from a well known supplier there are plenty of people who are going to line up and buy the product. If I don't like the ship date I'll go away or adjust my plans to deal with it. Building a rig is a bitch and takes forever. I'm sure making the parts and dealing with people like me is even worse. I have a great deal of appreciation for the companies who try to provide hardcore parts and a reasonable price and time. Just as a rule of thumb though tell me to get bent if I can't deal with the wait up front. I'm moving across the state starting in 4 weeks and my todo list for this week has link up front axle at the start. I'm also getting close to totally blowing the budget on this rebuild which is making moving even more fun because I'm to be broke 'till I start the new job.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2007, 09:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
Ocean bound

Member # 9925
This has been covered time & time again. Read about my experience in my Bubba Hyde thread (link in sig). You'll know which posts because of the pics of Evo bling.

Great product. Shitty service. End of story.

Check out our blog. We've bought a trimaran and are headed toward the Panama Canal and beyond this fall. www.losemynumberblog.com
loveshackle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 09:49 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 46081
thanks, I guess I've got to search for more than just tech before I open my piehole!
Old 07-01-2007, 10:03 PM   #5 (permalink)
Ocean bound

Member # 9925
Nah, man. It's a valid point that I hope every vendor can take a lesson from. IMO, few vendors have as dominant a product (in market) as Evo does, and I'm certain they'd do MUCH more business if they handled the packaging, shipping, phones, and other aspects of the business as well as they do production.

I can tell you that they've lost a few thousand dollars just from my experience (ie: my shop won't be using them again). And I'd say that's the way it is all over.

I spend a lot of money with a few vendors who offer the same products as many do (ie: Randy's R&P stuff, Warn, Ox, etc), and I probably could find these items cheaper elsewhere. But, they earned my repeat business with excellent customer service & integrity. If they had a unique dominant product (such as Evo does), they would be HUGE.

Rant over...

PS - Wait for it...some dolt will come in & tell me Evo's joints aren't worth a damn...

Check out our blog. We've bought a trimaran and are headed toward the Panama Canal and beyond this fall. www.losemynumberblog.com
loveshackle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 02:51 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 46081
I'm sure they will be worth the wait. I talked to them and I guess I'll have them sometime soon.
Old 04-21-2008, 11:24 PM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 83634
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbeede View Post
I'm sure they will be worth the wait. I talked to them and I guess I'll have them sometime soon.
so when did you ever get the heims?
chevypower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 12:56 PM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 15774
huh I never saw this . Your card never should have been charged until your order was packaged and we were ready to call UPS . Last year I had a string of bad luck with my machinist , front guy and my lathe. It was a horrible year . Since then I got rid of the whole staff and with the help of my wife and a friend we take care of the shop . We've made a bunch of upgrades to the joint and expanded the line. Our ship date is generally two weeks from order date now depending on material . Material is never more than a week away.

If anyone has any problems or is waiting for outstanding orders and reads this , get on the phone and let us know.

Clay
The Twister is offline   Reply With Quote