Bad Deal With Shaffer's Offroad==bad Seller? - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum
 
Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Classifieds > Bad Sellers, Disputes, etc...
Notices

Closed Thread
 
Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2008, 06:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Blazr77400's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Member # 7228
Location: Ogden, Utah
Posts: 487
Thumbs down Bad Deal With Shaffer's Offroad==bad Seller?

Long story short. Ordered an ARB Locker in February. Was charged on Feb. 27th. Didn't receive it after 8 weeks so I asked for a refund on April 15th. As of May 8th, Still no Refund........

Here is the Long story.

I pm'd Shaffers Offroad back in January about an ARB locker for a Dana 60 and a 14 bolt. Was quoted (by Iggy)$800 for each locker and $215 for the compressor and around $30 shipping.
Forward to mid February (22nd) I decided to order the 14 bolt locker and compressor. When I called I got an answer the first try. Not sure who I talked to when I ordered, but it was not Iggy. He matched the quote and said shipping should be around $30. So around $1045 shipped. It was late friday and said he would input everything on Monday and get it shipped out.

2 weeks after I ordered it I thought it would've showed up. I knew I had been charged as my account was around $1000 low. So I called Shaffers Offroad and got there answering service a few times then Finally got a hold of someone. He said that they should receive the locker the next day and it will ship out the day after they get it. Which was news to me as I thought they had it in stock, but they never told me they didn't have it in stock. At the time it wasn't a big deal to me.

Another week went by and nothing. So I decided to double check my account to make sure I was charged and to see when it came out. I noticed I was charged $1110.77 which was a little more then I was quoted. So I called up again. Tried calling a few times with no luck. Tried a couple more times over the next couple days with no answer so i left a few messages. I then decided to call ARB and see if they had any in stock. They did and they were ready to ship. So I called Shaffers back up and left a message. I told them I felt like they were avoiding me and they had over charged me and if anything I would like to cancel my order. 5 minutes later Mike called up and eased things a little. He said he was sorry for not getting back to me earlier. That he was not trying to avoid me and asked about the overcharge. He said it looked like I may have been quoted for the early model compressor, but was charged for the later model compressor which was a higher price. He said he would refund me the difference. Which I thought was cool. He also told me that he knows ARB has them in stock, but he doesn't get the lockers from them. They only way he could sale them for the price he does was to get them from someone else. Which I don't care where he gets them as long as I get the damn thing. He also said that the 14 bolt lockers should be in the next couple of days and when they get it they will drop ship it and he would call me with a tracking #. A week went by with nothing. So i tried calling again and left messages, or I would get a hold of someone there and they would tell me Mike would give me a call. Never got a return call.

I finally decided to do something I should of done a long time ago. I looked in the Bad sellers Forum. And was in shock at some of the posts about them. And wondered how many had been deleted after they were resolved. I then started getting worried. Seeing all the posts was all I needed to cancel my order.

I called them up on April 15th and asked for a refund. (I used my Debit card so a Dispute wouldn't work.)Mike was ok with it and was sorry about the whole ordeal. I was just fed up and wanted my money back. The 15th was on a Tuesday and he said it would be Thursday (17th) or Friday (18th) that it would be refunded.
So I waited till Tuesday (22nd) and called again. I then got a hold of Melanie in the accounting department. She said the refund had processed Friday (18th) and should be there by then end of the week (25th) and to call her back if it hadn't. It didn't show up by Friday. Called them on Friday and was told that it could take 5-10 days for a refund.
So finally I called back last week (29th or 30th of April) and got a hold of someone in another department and he said he would have Mike call me 10-15 minutes later. Mike called me back about 2 hours later and told me they had Refunded someone else with the same last name and he reprocessed my return and I should get it by Thursday (2nd) or Friday (3rd).

Still no refund. So I called a few times Tuesday (6th) with no answer. Finally got a of someone today at lunch. He said he would have Mike call me. Still hasnt called me back. I called at least 10 times after work and just got the answering machine. Left 2 or 3 messages.

Will I ever get a refund or am I out $1110.77

If you are thinking of ordering parts from them, I would make sure they have them in stock before paying for them. Seems they don't let you know that they don't have them seeing some of the other threads in this section.

This thread will not be deleted after its resolved, but I will let you know if it is resolved and if Shaffers Offroad made it right.
__________________
84 K30 Crew Cab short bed
HP Tuned and Cammed LS 6.0, 4l80e
NP208 range box and divorce mounted 205,
Dana 60, 14 bolt, Hydraulic Assist
4 inch 52s, 3 inch 64s with 4" shackle flip
20x12 Forged Centerlines on 41x14.50 Irok radials
Blazr77400 is offline  
Old 05-08-2008, 06:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Member # 38489
Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazr77400 View Post
Long story short. Ordered an ARB Locker in February. Was charged on Feb. 27th. Didn't receive it after 8 weeks so I asked for a refund on April 15th. As of May 8th, Still no Refund........

Here is the Long story.

I pm'd Shaffers Offroad back in January about an ARB locker for a Dana 60 and a 14 bolt. Was quoted (by Iggy)$800 for each locker and $215 for the compressor and around $30 shipping.
Forward to mid February (22nd) I decided to order the 14 bolt locker and compressor. When I called I got an answer the first try. Not sure who I talked to when I ordered, but it was not Iggy. He matched the quote and said shipping should be around $30. So around $1045 shipped. It was late friday and said he would input everything on Monday and get it shipped out.

2 weeks after I ordered it I thought it would've showed up. I knew I had been charged as my account was around $1000 low. So I called Shaffers Offroad and got there answering service a few times then Finally got a hold of someone. He said that they should receive the locker the next day and it will ship out the day after they get it. Which was news to me as I thought they had it in stock, but they never told me they didn't have it in stock. At the time it wasn't a big deal to me.

Another week went by and nothing. So I decided to double check my account to make sure I was charged and to see when it came out. I noticed I was charged $1110.77 which was a little more then I was quoted. So I called up again. Tried calling a few times with no luck. Tried a couple more times over the next couple days with no answer so i left a few messages. I then decided to call ARB and see if they had any in stock. They did and they were ready to ship. So I called Shaffers back up and left a message. I told them I felt like they were avoiding me and they had over charged me and if anything I would like to cancel my order. 5 minutes later Mike called up and eased things a little. He said he was sorry for not getting back to me earlier. That he was not trying to avoid me and asked about the overcharge. He said it looked like I may have been quoted for the early model compressor, but was charged for the later model compressor which was a higher price. He said he would refund me the difference. Which I thought was cool. He also told me that he knows ARB has them in stock, but he doesn't get the lockers from them. They only way he could sale them for the price he does was to get them from someone else. Which I don't care where he gets them as long as I get the damn thing. He also said that the 14 bolt lockers should be in the next couple of days and when they get it they will drop ship it and he would call me with a tracking #. A week went by with nothing. So i tried calling again and left messages, or I would get a hold of someone there and they would tell me Mike would give me a call. Never got a return call.

I finally decided to do something I should of done a long time ago. I looked in the Bad sellers Forum. And was in shock at some of the posts about them. And wondered how many had been deleted after they were resolved. I then started getting worried. Seeing all the posts was all I needed to cancel my order.

I called them up on April 15th and asked for a refund. (I used my Debit card so a Dispute wouldn't work.)Mike was ok with it and was sorry about the whole ordeal. I was just fed up and wanted my money back. The 15th was on a Tuesday and he said it would be Thursday (17th) or Friday (18th) that it would be refunded.
So I waited till Tuesday (22nd) and called again. I then got a hold of Melanie in the accounting department. She said the refund had processed Friday (18th) and should be there by then end of the week (25th) and to call her back if it hadn't. It didn't show up by Friday. Called them on Friday and was told that it could take 5-10 days for a refund.
So finally I called back last week (29th or 30th of April) and got a hold of someone in another department and he said he would have Mike call me 10-15 minutes later. Mike called me back about 2 hours later and told me they had Refunded someone else with the same last name and he reprocessed my return and I should get it by Thursday (2nd) or Friday (3rd).

Still no refund. So I called a few times Tuesday (6th) with no answer. Finally got a of someone today at lunch. He said he would have Mike call me. Still hasnt called me back. I called at least 10 times after work and just got the answering machine. Left 2 or 3 messages.

Will I ever get a refund or am I out $1110.77

If you are thinking of ordering parts from them, I would make sure they have them in stock before paying for them. Seems they don't let you know that they don't have them seeing some of the other threads in this section.

This thread will not be deleted after its resolved, but I will let you know if it is resolved and if Shaffers Offroad made it right.
In Shaffer's defense,I also work at a shop that sells ARB products.I have an E-mail that says "The RD114 10.5" 14 bolt ARB is back ordered until 6/16"
That's all .
Thanks
LISA B is offline  
Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2008, 06:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Blazr77400's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Member # 7228
Location: Ogden, Utah
Posts: 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by LISA B View Post
In Shaffer's defense,I also work at a shop that sells ARB products.I have an E-mail that says "The RD114 10.5" 14 bolt ARB is back ordered until 6/16"
That's all .
Thanks
If I was waiting for the Locker to show up that would matter, But i am waiting for a refund.
__________________
84 K30 Crew Cab short bed
HP Tuned and Cammed LS 6.0, 4l80e
NP208 range box and divorce mounted 205,
Dana 60, 14 bolt, Hydraulic Assist
4 inch 52s, 3 inch 64s with 4" shackle flip
20x12 Forged Centerlines on 41x14.50 Irok radials
Blazr77400 is offline  
Old 05-08-2008, 06:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Member # 38489
Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazr77400 View Post
If I was waiting for the Locker to show up that would matter, But i am waiting for a refund.
Fair enough
LISA B is offline  
Old 05-08-2008, 06:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Blazr77400's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Member # 7228
Location: Ogden, Utah
Posts: 487
I keep giving them the Benefit of the doubt. I think they have been honest about everything, but so far their actions speak other wise.
__________________
84 K30 Crew Cab short bed
HP Tuned and Cammed LS 6.0, 4l80e
NP208 range box and divorce mounted 205,
Dana 60, 14 bolt, Hydraulic Assist
4 inch 52s, 3 inch 64s with 4" shackle flip
20x12 Forged Centerlines on 41x14.50 Irok radials

Last edited by Blazr77400; 05-08-2008 at 06:55 PM.
Blazr77400 is offline  
Old 05-08-2008, 09:38 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered User
 
odin544's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member # 29622
Location: Kennewick, Washington
Posts: 1,761
refunds can take 30 days to process. Try calling your CC company and see if they know anything yet.

Even though shaffers has been in the bad sellers forum I notice they have taken care of the issues.
odin544 is offline  
Old 05-09-2008, 07:42 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Member # 15461
Location: dryden,michigan
Posts: 3,024
I have always had good luck with shaffers, I have always talked with izzy also. usually I order big items (similar to what you ordered) and it takes about 2x as long as they say to get the parts. I always check on things pretty much weekly so I'm not forgotten about.

not like shopping at meijer but I think they do pretty good. way better customer service than some other places.
95geo is offline  
Old 05-09-2008, 07:22 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Member # 35528
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 144
Sorry to hear that. Good luck, I can't get them to supply a simple reciept so I can warranty a part, Ive been tryin for over a month. Alot of the posts about the company get removed, so you gotta check often when doing your research.
__________________
HAVE a Nice DAY!
jfab6969 is offline  
Old 05-16-2008, 04:40 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Blazr77400's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Member # 7228
Location: Ogden, Utah
Posts: 487
I sort of got my Money. I ended up filing a dispute with my Credit Union. I ended up having to wait 30 days from the day I asked for the refund which was the 15th. I filed yesterday and got my money today(16th). Well I am not actually clear for another 45 days . Shaffers could try and dispute the charge back and mess everything up. The lady at my bank said that they most likely did not ever refund me as its all electronic. There is really no in between. Shaffers kept telling me that they refunded me and their Credit card company took the money out of their account and they were not sure why it didn't come into my account. Not sure If I believe them.

They asked me to take down this post, but I dont see why I should and I will not take it down. I ordered something in February and after 2 months never received it. So now its going to be a total of 125 days after I ordered it that it will be resolved.

Some of the other Offroad companies I deal with actually ship it out then charge my account. I think thats just good business and Shaffers should try and use it.
__________________
84 K30 Crew Cab short bed
HP Tuned and Cammed LS 6.0, 4l80e
NP208 range box and divorce mounted 205,
Dana 60, 14 bolt, Hydraulic Assist
4 inch 52s, 3 inch 64s with 4" shackle flip
20x12 Forged Centerlines on 41x14.50 Irok radials
Blazr77400 is offline  
Old 05-16-2008, 10:53 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Member # 35528
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazr77400 View Post
Some of the other Offroad companies I deal with actually ship it out then charge my account. I think thats just good business and Shaffers should try and use it.


I thought it was a law. Something about a vendor not sopposed to charge account until services or goods are delivered. At the least it's part of the agreement with the credit approval companies we use. We are not allowed to charge any card until we send out the product or perform the service as part of the agreement we have with the service provider. This why it's so risky to do internet sales with credit cards.

Good luck.
__________________
HAVE a Nice DAY!

Last edited by jfab6969; 05-18-2008 at 08:55 PM. Reason: Clarification
jfab6969 is offline  
Old 05-18-2008, 02:45 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Blazr77400's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Member # 7228
Location: Ogden, Utah
Posts: 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomamike View Post
My girlfriend is still waiting for a refund for a transaction with Shaffers that started in December. It's amazing how a credit card can be charged instantly when a purchase is made, but takes forever to recover the funds if/when a credit is issued.

Shitty business practices going on here.

Regards,
....Mike
There are too many people in this situation with them for it not to be shitty.
__________________
84 K30 Crew Cab short bed
HP Tuned and Cammed LS 6.0, 4l80e
NP208 range box and divorce mounted 205,
Dana 60, 14 bolt, Hydraulic Assist
4 inch 52s, 3 inch 64s with 4" shackle flip
20x12 Forged Centerlines on 41x14.50 Irok radials
Blazr77400 is offline  
Old 05-28-2008, 05:13 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Blazr77400's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Member # 7228
Location: Ogden, Utah
Posts: 487
I was told back on the 12th of May they would mail me a copy of the Return Receipt for my records which sounds like total B.S. as they never sent me anything. They also said they would Fax a copy to my bank so I could use it for my Credit Dispute. They never got it either.

If this was like $50, it would not be a big deal, but this is $1100. That is pretty scary coming from a Pirate4x4.com vendor. Them screwing things up not only hurts them, but hurts other vendors on this board because I am scared of the same thing happening.
__________________
84 K30 Crew Cab short bed
HP Tuned and Cammed LS 6.0, 4l80e
NP208 range box and divorce mounted 205,
Dana 60, 14 bolt, Hydraulic Assist
4 inch 52s, 3 inch 64s with 4" shackle flip
20x12 Forged Centerlines on 41x14.50 Irok radials
Blazr77400 is offline  
Old 05-28-2008, 05:43 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Shaffers Offroad's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Member # 11801
Location: Alameda, CA
Posts: 933
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazr77400 View Post
I was told back on the 12th of May they would mail me a copy of the Return Receipt for my records which sounds like total B.S. as they never sent me anything. They also said they would Fax a copy to my bank so I could use it for my Credit Dispute. They never got it either.

If this was like $50, it would not be a big deal, but this is $1100. That is pretty scary coming from a Pirate4x4.com vendor. Them screwing things up not only hurts them, but hurts other vendors on this board because I am scared of the same thing happening.


I just tried calling you, there was no answer. I left you a message. I have not received any PM's or email's from you. I've been trying to work this out with you to make it right. My CC company confirmed that you disputed the charge before they were able to finish processing the credit. If that is not the case I'll gladly overnight you a check or pay you by Paypal. The only effort that you are making is to bash me on the internet.

We've moved into a new facility and have 3 full time sales people, who are answering the lines from 7a-4p PST. Therefore, I don't think our calls are getting missed. Admittedly, we've had some issues over the last few months and have been working diligently to correct everything with our customers. Unfortunately, in the search for a new building and setting up a sales office, as well as training new sales staff, this has slowed things down a bit. Now that we are up and running we are staying on top of things, and handling issues immediately.

In my message I left you my direct line at the shop as well as my personal cell. As I've said all along, I'd like to make this right by you.
Please call me!

Mike
__________________
Shaffer's Offroad & Performance
Shaffers Offroad is offline  
Old 05-28-2008, 06:02 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Blazr77400's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Member # 7228
Location: Ogden, Utah
Posts: 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaffers Offroad View Post
I just tried calling you, there was no answer. I left you a message. I have not received any PM's or email's from you. I've been trying to work this out with you to make it right. My CC company confirmed that you disputed the charge before they were able to finish processing the credit. If that is not the case I'll gladly overnight you a check or pay you by Paypal. The only effort that you are making is to bash me on the internet.

We've moved into a new facility and have 3 full time sales people, who are answering the lines from 7a-4p PST. Therefore, I don't think our calls are getting missed. Admittedly, we've had some issues over the last few months and have been working diligently to correct everything with our customers. Unfortunately, in the search for a new building and setting up a sales office, as well as training new sales staff, this has slowed things down a bit. Now that we are up and running we are staying on top of things, and handling issues immediately.

In my message I left you my direct line at the shop as well as my personal cell. As I've said all along, I'd like to make this right by you.
Please call me!

Mike
If one of the Return Receipts would have showed up I would believe you, But neither of them did.

You say the only effort I am making is to Bash you, but I just got sick of going no where when Talking to you. There was nothing done on your end as far as I am concerned. I was charged more then Quoted. Was then told I would get a refund for the difference, never received that. I never received the parts I ordered. I never received a full refund like I was told(told multiple times it would only take 2 days to process. When 2 days passed and no credit I would call back and was then told it takes 5-10 days.) I was also told I would be sent a Credit Return Receipt by Mail and by Fax, but never received either of them.

So who is the one making the effort?

Its nice how when I was trying to get a hold of you it could take days, but once you see this reply you want to talk right away.
__________________
84 K30 Crew Cab short bed
HP Tuned and Cammed LS 6.0, 4l80e
NP208 range box and divorce mounted 205,
Dana 60, 14 bolt, Hydraulic Assist
4 inch 52s, 3 inch 64s with 4" shackle flip
20x12 Forged Centerlines on 41x14.50 Irok radials
Blazr77400 is offline  
Old 05-28-2008, 06:44 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Shaffers Offroad's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Member # 11801
Location: Alameda, CA
Posts: 933
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazr77400 View Post
If one of the Return Receipts would have showed up I would believe you, But neither of them did.

You say the only effort I am making is to Bash you, but I just got sick of going no where when Talking to you. There was nothing done on your end as far as I am concerned. I was charged more then Quoted. Was then told I would get a refund for the difference, never received that. I never received the parts I ordered. I never received a full refund like I was told(told multiple times it would only take 2 days to process. When 2 days passed and no credit I would call back and was then told it takes 5-10 days.) I was also told I would be sent a Credit Return Receipt by Mail and by Fax, but never received either of them.

So who is the one making the effort?

Its nice how when I was trying to get a hold of you it could take days, but once you see this reply you want to talk right away.
Look i would like to take care of this but your making it hard

I have tried to call, once a week and a half ago and two times today with no answer and no call back

Did you get your money? and why don't you say yes or no?

Have you tried to PM me?

Where would you like it fax to? #

What can i do to make it right?


Mike
__________________
Shaffer's Offroad & Performance
Shaffers Offroad is offline  
Old 05-28-2008, 07:33 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Blazr77400's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Member # 7228
Location: Ogden, Utah
Posts: 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaffers Offroad View Post
Look i would like to take care of this but your making it hard
I am making it hard. How is that. You are the ones that would never call me back. Not until I Posted this thread did I start getting return calls.
YOU would not have made it so hard if you guys would have held up your end of the deal(I held up mine by giving you the money) by either delivering some parts that I ordered, or by giving a refund, Which I never received from you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaffers Offroad View Post
I have tried to call, once a week and a half ago and two times today with no answer and no call back
Not sure about the one A week and a half ago, but the 2 times today I did see and I did listen to your messages which were a little...........Spiteful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaffers Offroad View Post
Did you get your money? and why don't you say yes or no?
If you scroll up to reply #9 you will see what I have and haven't got.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaffers Offroad View Post
Have you tried to PM me?
No I have not, but I am not sure what that would do. Is PMing you going to make the 45 day wait period go any faster? Not sure what talking to you on the phone would do either as nothing ever worked before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaffers Offroad View Post
Where would you like it fax to? #
I gave Melanie the fax #. You also said she had it and you would fax it the last time we talked.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaffers Offroad View Post
What can i do to make it right? Mike
I feel once I had to file a dispute there was nothing you could do as I had been patient for two and half months when you were "trying to make things right"

All in All, if you would have just waited to charge my account until you sent or at least had the parts in you possesion none of this would have happened.

I have been in a similar situation before where I ordered a part 2 months before I needed it for Easter Jeep Safari. It took 2 months to get it, but they didnt charge me till they shipped it. And guess what, I still go back to them when I need to. Why I didnt this time is a mystery to me.
__________________
84 K30 Crew Cab short bed
HP Tuned and Cammed LS 6.0, 4l80e
NP208 range box and divorce mounted 205,
Dana 60, 14 bolt, Hydraulic Assist
4 inch 52s, 3 inch 64s with 4" shackle flip
20x12 Forged Centerlines on 41x14.50 Irok radials
Blazr77400 is offline  
Old 05-29-2008, 12:04 PM   #17 (permalink)
No comment
 
camo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Member # 4
Location: Rubicon
Posts: 27,132
Blog Entries: 1
Send a message via Yahoo to camo
issue resolved.

closed by camo
camo is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.