Sky manufacturing No customer service - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Classifieds > Bad Sellers, Disputes, etc...
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2008, 01:17 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 34889
Sky manufacturing No customer service

I placed an order with Sky Manufacturing on 6/17/2008, the order was for a dana 60 cross over stering kit, shock hoops and shockmounts. I informed them that I need this installed by the 28th and if this is a problem I will buy elsewere.

When the order was placed I was informed that all was in stock and sitting on a shelf, except for the Draglink. He told me I would have it all in 4-5 days.

I called on the 23rd at 9 am and asked about the order, the guy stated that he was getting to it today and it would be in the mail that evening and to call on Tuesday for tracking information.

I called on the 24th and asked for the tracking info, they stated it wasn't ready yet and maybe by the end of the day.

I called on Wednesday and they said it was shipped out on the 24th and gave me the tracking information. I then call UPS and They stated that the information was bad and no shipment was received. I called Sky back and gave them the news. They tracked with there computer and one package said the same thing and one said it would arrive on the 26th.

At 12 on the 25th I get a call from Sky and they inform me that one of the boxes arrived back at the shop. I asked for the content so I coud see if I could get one rig on the road. Well they split there shipment, a dragling and pitman in one box and the shock hoops and the dana 60 arm in the other.

I asked if they could get it to me next day and they said no, I asked to speak with a manager or the owner and once again they said no. I told them I needed this installed by this weekend or I really dont need it, If I had to wait 3 weeks or after that weekend I could of made it all myself. He said it wasnt his problem.

I asked to speak again to the owner Sky, He informed me that he was busy and couldnt talk, I said I would wait on hold. I waited for 5 min and he came back on an said thers nothing he can do and the owner didnt want to talk to me. I told him I would call back in a couple hours and informed him that there customer service was crappy.

Sidenote: I know most small businesses dont have inventory sitting around, but when your told an outside source makes your items and you have stock on the shelf. Get it out ASAP, I could of received all the items minus the draglink, and had it all installed and just wait for the 5 min install of this part.

If you split an order ship all items for one job in one box if you need to split it up.

Shock items in one box, Draglink/arms in the other...Than if one gets lost, well I can get atleat half done.

There are so many shops that make all the items ordered, I would suggest otheres to go elsewere.

Thanks
R
TOYOTAJUNKIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 07:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
In memory of Kayla

Member # 38890
First,
I don't know why you are involving Pirate.

Second,
I've dealt with Sky and had problems with shipping and damaged items, which, to the most part, were not his fault. Sky handled it fairly, and though it took a while, we both were both happy.

I would have to write though, we both had to make some sort of effort to get it worked out, as the shipping was out of his hands once it left his company.

I have a hard time believing Sky would tell you he didn't want to speak to you unless you were being difficult, unreasonable, or obnoxious.

I'd like to read Sky's version of how this happened.
BOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2008, 04:24 AM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 73680
i can believe it....sky's company just sucks; his help are bunch idiots as far i'm concerned that don't even know the product they sell...sky seemed like a somewhat nice guy but really didn't care about my situation especially after i just spent $500+ at his company....so basically he can suck my balls as far as i'm concerned....
pipehitter155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 05:25 AM   #4 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 32466
Send a message via Yahoo to Greatlakeoffroad
Did your order start here on PBB somehow? If nto get this junk off of here.

Don't Forget Your Discount enter Pirate10 to get your 10% discount off
Greatlakeoffroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 09:12 AM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 106145
I don't know it might your attitude, but I ordered a SAS kit to put one tons under my toy and I didn't have any problems, we even discussed exactly what i needed prior to ordering. Good servie if you ask me.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:54 AM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 76994
i had no problem with them, except shipping took a little longer than expected. But otherwise good service.
aaronmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 01:47 PM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 17785
I have ordered several things from them. I just call and talk to Sky.....nice enuff guy for me. I bought a offset shackle kit from them and several other things for fullwidth stuff under a Toyota. Approx. 1 year later I had already sold the one tons and started on what is now my Ftoy. I was ordering some more stuff from them and said "Hey Sky I got these shackles from you like a year ago and never used them, would you take them back cause I need some normal shackles......he said yeah man no prob. You pay shipping back to me and I will get what you need and send it back to you." That is some pretty good service right there. All I can say is they have never done me wrong.
Old 06-26-2008, 03:24 PM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 34889
Why

BOFF

I put this on Pirate because thats were I got the information from the company, people were saying how good they were and that they were awesome people.

So I ordered from them, Now people can here something other than the guys who work at the shop saying that they had awesome service.

Greatlakes
Well it was between sky and youguys as for who I ordered it from, they promised me that it would be here in 5 days.

And as far as getting this junk off here, your a small business owner, dont your customers have the right to post how they feel about you?

And as far as it being a UPS problem,

NO someone who put the tracking information and delivery info on the package had the problem....Dont think UPS does that...

thanks
Old 06-26-2008, 04:14 PM   #9 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 32466
Send a message via Yahoo to Greatlakeoffroad
I only stated that to see if you were following the rules as i don't see them advertising much on here. That and you did not state how you came to order via the PBB. To answer your second question yes my customers as w/ any others have that right. However do not think I do not have customers who have an issue w/ me at one time or another. There is no perfect vendor myself included. However I try my hardest even when my suppliers are dropping the ball on me to take care of my customers. Also realize alot of the vendors are strapped right at the moment w/ increased steel cost and also fuel surcharges and are trying to keep prices low for you all the while keeping up service. Bottom line things are tough in the steel business as everyone who uses steel has ordered here in the last couple months trying to beat the mark up. What this did was back log the entire industry. I cannot speak for sky (quite honestly I don't think I have ever spoke w/ them) but that is what I have seen first hand in my business. Shawn

Don't Forget Your Discount enter Pirate10 to get your 10% discount off
Greatlakeoffroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 06:26 PM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 112715
I just got by them too. I ordered a part and they sent me the wrong size and when I called them about sending it back they said I have to pay the shipping to send it back which I figured but then they said I would have to pay for them to ship the replacement back to my self. So, they want me to pay shipping both ways for there screw up one way ok both hell no. So I said then how about I return the part and buy it from someone else that knows what they are doing then they said you will have to pay a 3% restocking fee. Either way I have to pay an extra $20 bucks just to get the part I wanted in the first place. Pluse the people that work there are idiots.
NevadaToyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 06:34 PM   #11 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 20053
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybob13 View Post
well put. and again, this transaction has nothing to do with pirate4x4. if someone here tells me to try a crunch wrap supreme from taco bell, and the retard fucks my order up and gets sheisty with the sauce, should i post up in the bad sellers / disputes forum? i didn't think so.
this message has been brought to you by taco bell, and the diarrhea that comes after.
Sky is an advertiser on Pirate so it's a Pirate issue.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:29 PM   #12 (permalink)
"All Whee Drive!"

Member # 6450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey D View Post
Sky is an advertiser on Pirate so it's a Pirate issue.
I see your point, but they are not a "seller" in the classifieds (purpose of this forum).

Thats like asking a 4x4 magazine for help because a company that advertised in said magazine screwed up.

"The views and opinions expressed in any thread by MochaMike are those of the author and do not represent any policy initiatives of any club, organization or friend. Proposed alternatives are the expressed views of the author."

Last edited by MochaMike; 06-26-2008 at 09:29 PM.
MochaMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 03:36 AM   #13 (permalink)

Member # 115533
Send a message via AIM to 74j10
I've ordered some things from Sky and never had a problem. I even had to cancel and order and he said not a problem. he was involved in some sort of gas explosion around the beginning of june he told me and things got a little hectic at the shop. He seems like a nice guy to me.

Last edited by 74j10; 06-27-2008 at 03:38 AM.
74j10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 01:41 PM   #14 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 94246
Thumbs up Got My Ch*t In 2 Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOFF View Post
First,

I have a hard time believing Sky would tell you he didn't want to speak to you unless you were being difficult, unreasonable, or obnoxious.
K # 1 back order and pending...well says it all. Sounds like you had known before you placed the order...ch*t could happen.

Really I ordered a few things from Sky last monday @ 1230pm and got 'em on weds..yup 2days.
I oredered shock tabs, wide kit, rock rings, and brake plate eliminators.....and wanted to get the allen drain plugs...but he said it could be a few days...so I opted to get what was in his hands...

DIDN't get the instruction...but the are on the sight.

REALLY WHA WHA wha...HOW LONG DID YOU KNOW YOU NEEDED YOUR CH*T. it's not anyone else's problem but yours that YOU WAITED.

You think this could not have happened at TG or MC or anyone else?

SOMEONE GET THIS GUY SOME TP TO HE CAN WIPE HIS CH*T.

OH N GO BUY A JEEP
IFS4NOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 05:16 PM   #15 (permalink)

Member # 75135
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFS4NOW View Post
K # 1 back order and pending...well says it all. Sounds like you had known before you placed the order...ch*t could happen.

Really I ordered a few things from Sky last monday @ 1230pm and got 'em on weds..yup 2days.
I oredered shock tabs, wide kit, rock rings, and brake plate eliminators.....and wanted to get the allen drain plugs...but he said it could be a few days...so I opted to get what was in his hands...

DIDN't get the instruction...but the are on the sight.

REALLY WHA WHA wha...HOW LONG DID YOU KNOW YOU NEEDED YOUR CH*T. it's not anyone else's problem but yours that YOU WAITED.

You think this could not have happened at TG or MC or anyone else?

SOMEONE GET THIS GUY SOME TP TO HE CAN WIPE HIS CH*T.

OH N GO BUY A JEEP
What did you just say?
Old 06-28-2008, 09:26 PM   #16 (permalink)
Banned

Member # 46226
durp!
DrVic723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 02:23 AM   #17 (permalink)

Member # 98845
they were great to deal with when i ordered a bunch of parts a couple months ago. i ordered on a monday morning and had them thursday afternoon.

maybe it was just one person that was dealing with your order, carry it up with sky so they can deal with it, dont whine on tthe internet
aftershokk86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 09:37 AM   #18 (permalink)

Member # 34889
I waited to long?

How did I wait too long, they stated when I placed the order 4-5 days I would have it, They said it was all on a shelf minus the draglink.

Oh I forgot the only people that can design a draglink is NASA and thats why it took so long.

I received all the parts on friday, 2 shock mounts didnt shipp, and the draglink was 4" too long. I ordered and over all from kingpin to shaft 41 1/4
and received one that was 40". I wonder if this was the first one they made and forgot about the ends.

So after I spend $480 bucks with sky I have to run around more to fix stuff thet didnt di right.

I have left 3 messages on the voicemail informing them of the issues with not a call back yet.

We will see if they do.