Discrimination??!! - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Classifieds > Bad Sellers, Disputes, etc...
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2008, 05:16 AM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 68205
Send a message via ICQ to XJMarty Send a message via MSN to XJMarty Send a message via Skype™ to XJMarty
Discrimination??!!

Just a brief introduction,

I have tried several times to buy some XJ stuff on pirate. Not from the vendors but in the For Sale section.

I am from Czech republic, which is found in central Europe, for those who are not aware of this. I am involved in the Jeep thing for several years, have already owned and built by myself few XJs, not as hardcore as they should be for pirate , but enough for wheelin in here. I also work for czech branch of Crown automotive. I can speak english, or at least write a sentence that has a meaning ...

This happened several times I wanted to buy something that the person I contacted just did not reply at all or quit communicating after initial contact. All the items I wanted to buy had to be shipped as I am not in the USA, but not overseas which is quite a hassle. I have a freight forwarder in Seattle, so no international shipping. And I use paypal on daily basis and always wrote that I will pay in advance.

Is it just a bad luck or is this the way you all treat foreigners?
Btw same happened on naxja or jeepforum to be axact. I tried gears and last time I was in a desperate need of a XJ 44 for my competition rig.
Old 07-06-2008, 06:21 AM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 89255
Quote:
Originally Posted by XJMarty View Post

I have tried several times to buy some XJ stuff on pirate. Not from the vendors but in the For Sale section.

I am from Czech republic, which is found in central Europe, for those who are not aware of this. I am involved in the Jeep thing for several years, have already owned and built by myself few XJs, not as hardcore as they should be for pirate , but enough for wheelin in here. I also work for czech branch of Crown automotive. I can speak english, or at least write a sentence that has a meaning ...

This happened several times I wanted to buy something that the person I contacted just did not reply at all or quit communicating after initial contact. All the items I wanted to buy had to be shipped as I am not in the USA, but not overseas which is quite a hassle. I have a freight forwarder in Seattle, so no international shipping. And I use paypal on daily basis and always wrote that I will pay in advance.

Btw same happened on naxja or jeepforum to be axact. I tried gears and last time I was in a desperate need of a XJ 44 for my competition rig.
I ship world wide, need a plasma cutter or tig/plasma combo machine?
GiantTechGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2008, 06:37 AM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 68205
Send a message via ICQ to XJMarty Send a message via MSN to XJMarty Send a message via Skype™ to XJMarty
no thanks, and this was not ment to vendors, I have only the best experience with pirate vendors. Esp. BTF and Extreme axles (highonda)
Old 07-06-2008, 07:42 AM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 89255
Quote:
no thanks, and this was not ment to vendors, I have only the best experience with pirate vendors. Esp. BTF and Extreme axles (highonda)

Oh sorry.
GiantTechGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 09:12 AM   #5 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 70340
What do you need?

Jorge Meza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 10:07 AM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 16354
I'll ship you my ex-wife.
Donald_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 10:57 AM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 16444
There are ALOT of scammers wanting parts shipped.. people are just wary...once bitten twice shy kinda thing.....cautious if you will....you need to take a trip here and ship to yourself....those XJs are just laying around everywhere over here......L
Old 07-06-2008, 11:01 AM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 68205
hey brutal, if I send money in advance nobody can get cheated ... and thats what I always say ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutal View Post
There are ALOT of scammers wanting parts shipped.. people are just wary...once bitten twice shy kinda thing.....cautious if you will....you need to take a trip here and ship to yourself....those XJs are just laying around everywhere over here......L
Old 07-06-2008, 11:37 AM   #9 (permalink)
Mr. DJ

Member # 85595
Quote:
hey brutal, if I send money in advance nobody can get cheated ... and thats what I always say ...
as honest as you may be, that is how most scams run. and unfortunately there is no real way for the PBB to reach out and ruin your day if you are a scammer, being your in a foriegn country and all.

http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=748821

web wheeler...
DJ404564X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 11:58 AM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 68205
1: Pm agreement
2: I send money by paypal
3: other side gets the money
4: parts are shipped

explain how could anyone get cheated?
Old 07-06-2008, 12:02 PM   #11 (permalink)
Mr. DJ

Member # 85595
not sure....

however we get several emails a day with scams like what you just descibed. maybe make friends with some one over here that can do your ordering or get the vendors you mentioned to vouch for you. most people are not going to trust you. not your fault, don't take it personaly.

http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=748821

web wheeler...
DJ404564X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 05:23 PM   #12 (permalink)
Dinkerdoodledoo

Member # 10448
Send a message via Yahoo to Grendel
Quote:

Easy, you do a Paypal complaint within 60 days and we get screwed for shipping overseas. Paypal will totally side with the buyer and yank the money.
Grendel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 06:08 PM   #13 (permalink)

Member # 99417
i dont ship anything out of the country.
jamespadgett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 07:07 PM   #14 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 16699
Quote:

Easy. you use Paypal to send money,parts are shipped, you claim you never got them. Turn to Paypal for a refund. You will get it most times. They will take the funds from the seller.
rockmup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 07:26 PM   #15 (permalink)
Pissing Excellence

Member # 517
Send a message via ICQ to Sillyneck
Like a couple people stated above... the fear or disinterest is that everything foreign can be considered a scam today. There's always another angle and the fact that if something went awry there is no way to reach out and strangle someone.

Just build a great reputation on here, spend time in the forums posting and getting people to know you. Purchase only from those with stellar reputations on here.

That being said... I may be a vendor but I still used parts at competitive prices. If you give me a list of things you're looking for, I have people trying to get rid of things all the time and might be able to source you some of the items you require.
Poly Performance
Off Road Warehouse
MJ Motorsports
Ruffstuff
Driveline Service Sacramento
Wrap Concept
Barnes Welding Supply Sacramento
RADFLO
Sillyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 07:35 PM   #16 (permalink)

Member # 113556
Quote:
5: buyer disputes purchase with paypal
6: paypal takes money back from seller

explain how else anyone could get cheated
fixed

::EDIT:: Should have finished reading and noticed Grendel MockUp's posts. My bad. Though a correction in Grendel's notice. He said he has a freight forwarder in Seattle so really the seller would only be shipping to Seattle.

Last edited by blaisearts; 07-06-2008 at 07:38 PM.
blaisearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 07:51 AM   #17 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 11427
Quote:

Since 911 shipping overseas is more and more difficult. Shipping can cost more than 4x the amount of the sale. It is very time consuming and quite often you hit problems with customs or who knows what?. I do have a super clean 1987 XJ 44 for $400 in los angles. I would need $100 to crate and take to freigth dock, but you would need to make all arrangemets and pay for shipping. just doesn't seem worth it. There are 100s of rust free XJ in southern california junkyard right now. what do you need?

Larry 661-645-0349
larrylong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 09:47 AM   #18 (permalink)

Member # 5861
I have shipped parts to friends or acquaintances in Brazil that had similar issues. I have had no problems at all, and aside for helping with the shipping part of it, it was not a big deal.

As mentioned, get to know people here, i.e. pirate or naxja forums, and see what can be done. Several guys on the forum are from Czech republic, i.e. boombuilt, etc Also look on local business that do importing or trade, since in some cases you may have to deal with customs and taxes when the items get there. You may have to pony up some $$ but could work. I also had two buds that got sponsored by US manufacturers to pimp their products in South America on comps and trails, so may not hurt to ask, specially if you compete...

Also check online for local Czech community people that could help you out. search for the term Czech"on pirate and a lot of stuff comes up...

Good luck!
geberhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 12:14 PM   #19 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 32466
Send a message via Yahoo to Greatlakeoffroad
If you want really want to buy from a person here are a couple of things you need to do. If you do not want to do it this way consider yourself screwed as most common guys will not deal w/ the hassles of overseas crap. Call it what you want but this is the truth.

1st, offer to pay only via Western Union. (yes it sucks for the buyer, but on PBB we will make it right if the guys tries to screw you even if you are overseas as long as the sale originated here) Bottom line seller knows he will get funds. Paypal is a joke, most vendors can or will ship from payments that way since they are willing to take a risk. However most common guys do not want the hassle.

2nd, get a UPS or FEDEX account make the shipper your self and e-mail it to the person so all he has to do is box it print off a label and call a 1 800 number for them to come pick it up.

If you do those two things I do not think there would be an issue w/ anyone selling to you. Offer those two things as conditions and you should be good to go. Shawn

Don't Forget Your Discount enter Pirate10 to get your 10% discount off
Greatlakeoffroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 04:58 PM   #20 (permalink)

Member # 97859
I sell alot of stuff here and on jeep forum. I just don't mess with sales to to out of country or millitary address. It is to much hassel to do not worth my time. I don't even ship to canada. Nothing personnel I was in the millitary and lived in Japan for a year.
Morning Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 09:32 PM   #21 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 61493
Guilty of not even responding to these:
Greetings,

I was visit your site and see your product. I'm really interest to make more bussiness with your company and instead want to make it for long terms. We are interest to purchase some of product from you. But first of all, please answer some of your question bellow.

1. Do you have ability suply product world wide to Singapore ?
2. Do you able this using Fedex, DHL, UPS delivery service ?
3. Do able to accept Credit Card for payment terms ?

Awaiting for your further confirmation ASAP.

Warm Regards,
Gudeg Workshop.

sorry just cant take the risk of it not being legit.

Yukon parts on SALE
3rd Members priced right. 530-622-2148
for all your electrical needs http://www.12voltguy.com/
TOYOTAPARTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 11:14 PM   #22 (permalink)

Member # 68205
To all above:

I do have international shipping prepared, its in my first post. The seller will ship only USA ground! USA GROUND .... USA GROUND shipping only, do you understandt it?

And as far as paypal claims go, the shipping company that I use will hardly say that they did not recieve the package when asked by paypal ...
BTW western union sucks here
Old 07-08-2008, 04:27 AM   #23 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 61493
I think we all get it, just trying to give you an idea what might be the problem.

Yukon parts on SALE
3rd Members priced right. 530-622-2148
for all your electrical needs http://www.12voltguy.com/
TOYOTAPARTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 09:04 AM   #24 (permalink)

Member # 25360
I think Greatlakesoffroad said it best. If you aren't willing to do what he said then buy your stuff in the czech republic. I've been screwed by paypal more than once which makes me really stupid to do it again.

It's not DISCRIMINATION!!! it is DISCRESSION. I'm from Alabama, I know exactly what discrimination is.

- 6.0 LQ9
- TH400
- AtlasII 3.0
- Ford D60's w/ 5.38's (chromo 35spline throughout with rear ARB)
- 39" Red Labels

Last edited by BamaScout; 07-08-2008 at 09:04 AM.
BamaScout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 09:18 AM   #25 (permalink)

Member # 5861
I work on the credit card and payment industry. Western Union sucks overall, and with Shawn talking about scammers, we get hit more by Western Union scams than any other. Second place on scams are money orders.

From a comparison perspective, paypal is not too far off what would happen with a credit card type dispute and claim.

Again, it all boils down to what the seller is willing to do, and what risk and amount of work they want to deal with. I definitely undertsand the buyer frustration side, but in the end, the seller has the right to sell to whoever they want as tehy are taking the risk.

My recomendation is to connect with a company that does trading and verify what options you have. Again, it will cost you some $, but you may be able to get what you want. You can always contact the manufacturer of the item and verify authorized local resellers in Europe; again prices will be inflated.
geberhard is offline   Reply With Quote