Bad seller DJgaston - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Classifieds > Bad Sellers, Disputes, etc...
Notices

Closed Thread

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2008, 03:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 87635
Send a message via AIM to Big91RustyBucket
Bad seller DJgaston

I bought a Bender on the board From a private seller.
djgaston ...
Anyways he told me 660 shipped. I sent a check he received waiting for funds to clear then shipped it. Apparently he took it to the UPS store ,and they packaged and shipped. He sent me a pm saying it was 118 to ship rather than $60 he quoted me. If I had known I would have ordered a new bender I am already in enough. Anyways box's arrived a week if not more later , and the lower swing arm was missing as well as the ratcheting arm , and one bolt with sleeve. I contacted him he acted pissed but in reality I looked back and didn't see the stuff in the pictures he sent me. But he never said it was incomplete. I kind of think he is playing if off ups lost it when it may have never been there . Anyways He claims to have filed a complaint but day after day new excuses.... And I put out $112 ish for the parts because I was sitting on a useless tool . Any ideas how you guys could help. I understand a claim , and what but I just am feeling dicked around. And wonder the truth behind the story...I just didn't know if it was proper to post or not. I just want my $110 back. I wish I had just bought a new one... I understand I could be wrong but really I just want resolution , and It has been 6/19 Since the First PM I sent trying to resolve this. I have not wanted to post here But I feel like I have no other recourse since the others have seemed to be expelled.I did try UPS personally , and they told me they could only speak with the shipper,and not me.

I am just pissed , and want my money. I can post all PM's between us as well...

Here is the for sale add...
http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthrea...light=djgaston

This was posted somewhat about it...
http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthrea...731&highlight=

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAUX X 4 View Post
You've inspired me to start a build thread of my own.......... all the pictures will be upside down to reflect my driving style!
http://www.midwestern4x4.com
89 S10 Truggy
Old 08-06-2008, 05:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
Marion Cobretti

Member # 40131
WTF, you're in the right Philip...hope this gets resolved for you
Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-2008, 06:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 87635
This is the pictures I had received from the seller.

This is the pictures Of the box's upon arrival...

This is what it looked like once assembled with parts missing...

And this is the reciept for the parts that were missing...

The seller contacted pro tools , and I just paid since I didn't like having a paper weight here...

Quote:
You've inspired me to start a build thread of my own.......... all the pictures will be upside down to reflect my driving style!
89 S10 Truggy
Old 08-06-2008, 07:08 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 33442
I understand you being pissed. I would be if I was in your shoes. Feel free to post up all PM's. I'll give you the name and contact number of the owner of the UPS Store in Mountain Home, Arkansas (her name is Diane) that will tell you the exact same thing I've been telling you all along. She can tell you how many times I've been in there bugging them about the refund check.

I've also explained to you that I would send you the money you paid to Pro Tools to get the missing parts, except I don't have extra money. My house payment was due on the 1st (701.47) and I am negative 198 bucks right now. Would you like a screen shot of my bank account? I have no credit cards and no way to get a personal loan to borrow $85 to send to you. It's not like I'm just short right now. I'm always short. Why do you think I sold the bender in the first place?

And why did it suddenly go up to $112'ish? You decided to get the handle on your own. That was $19.95 extra that you opted to spend. Now you are claiming I'm responsible for that, as well? If you want to be confrontational about it, then how do I know you didn't get the parts and just claim they all didn't arrive? I have no way of knowing that until UPS does their inspection. I told you up front that not all parts were in the pics. I had gathered that stuff up real quick and took a quick pic of it, at your request. The other stuff was sitting behind a radiator and I didn't see it until later. I assure you that it all went out in two boxes, and waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay over the $60 I charged you for shipping. Did I say anything about that? No. UPS quoted me $60 to ship it and I ended up paying $94.58 plus an additional charge for the packaging service. That wasn't your fault or my fault, it was their fault, but I still had to pay it. Kinda like the boxes getting destroyed in shipping and parts not making it there. It's not your fault, it's not my fault, but we are at the mercy of UPS.

I've been nothing but honest with you. If you feel that makes me a bad seller because the UPS Store and UPS fucked up your box, then so be it. I'll let you deal with it all from here and then you can feel a little more justified in listing me as a "possible bad seller."

UPS tracking number: 1Z3Y79X00305845562
UPS phone number: 800-742-5877

Have fun.

Thanks for at least sending me a link in PM so I can defend myself... I kinda feel like a broken record. All of this has already been discussed several times. I don't know what else you want me to do. If I'm a bad seller because UPS hasn't reimbursed you for the shit they lost, then I don't think there is much I can do to make you happy. As I said, if I had the money, I would have sent it to you long ago. I've sold a ton of shit online (here, Ebay, other forums) for several years and never had a complaint until now, and it's not even my fucking fault. It's not like I didn't ship the shit, or delayed shipping, or anything like that. I've done everything I can do, as a person (not a business with income to afford to front the reimbursement money), to get you the parts and then the money for the parts, and now you've complained about me twice in the forums on top of an inbox full of PM's. So what do you want me to do that is within my ability?
Old 08-06-2008, 07:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 70340
FuckTard... what makes you think "ups will reiburse your buyer" ??? The problem is in your hands.. If the UPS store did a poor packaging job.. then it is between YOU and the UPS store. You are responsible to MAKE SURE the goods are well wrapped to prevent damage during transit and not the buyer.

Your buyer paid for a complete system and he did received a partial system. What part of that you don't understand?

You must pay for the missing pieces or give a full refund for the entire payment.

What a homo....

Old 08-06-2008, 07:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 87635
My Problem is That I feel I keep getting excuses , and when I personally Called UPS they won't talk to me since I am not the shipper. Honestly I would not have purchased it In the first place had the shipping been that much. It was $85 without the handle. I stated that I thought the handle came with it. If I had know then what I know now I would have ordered a new bender straight from Pro Tools. But oh well.

Quote:
89 S10 Truggy
Old 08-06-2008, 07:45 PM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 33442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorge Meza View Post
FuckTard... what makes you think "ups will reiburse your buyer" ??? The problem is in your hands.. If the UPS store did a poor packaging job.. then it is between YOU and the UPS store. You are responsible to MAKE SURE the goods are well wrapped to prevent damage during transit and not the buyer.

Your buyer paid for a complete system and he did received a partial system. What part of that you don't understand?

You must pay for the missing pieces or give a full refund for the entire payment.

What a homo....
Go fuck yourself, dumb shit.

Have you heard of the "Pack and Ship Promise" ?? That is why UPS and the UPS Store will reimburse the buyer for the damaged/missing products he "did received." Every box that UPS touches is insured for a minimum of $100. The UPS Store is responsible for the shit they box up and ship out. The UPS Store gets paid to box shit up so that it doesn't get lost. They know they are responsible, and UPS is going over the paperwork to issue a check.

Apparently I understand this arrangement a hell of a lot better than you do.

So what was the point of your retarded post, other than to air out your cock holster?
Old 08-06-2008, 07:53 PM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 33442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big91RustyBucket View Post
My Problem is That I feel I keep getting excuses , and when I personally Called UPS they won't talk to me since I am not the shipper. Honestly I would not have purchased it In the first place had the shipping been that much. It was $85 without the handle. I stated that I thought the handle came with it. If I had know then what I know now I would have ordered a new bender straight from Pro Tools. But oh well.
Uh, actually, you stated to me in PM that you didn't expect the handle to come with it since it wasn't in the pictures.

I feel like I keep getting excuses too, and I've told you that. I've told you every single detail of every visit to the UPS Store.

You think UPS wants to talk to me? I'm not the "shipper," in their mind. I have to tell them I work for the UPS Store just to get them to talk to me, because as far as UPS is concerned, the UPS Store is the shipper.

You act like shipping was a deal breaker. I charged you $60. It was higher than that. I paid the difference and never asked you for a dollar of it. So why are you even bringing that up? It was $660 shipped, as I stated in my PM's to you and probably in the original for sale post, and I never asked for anything over that. The only reason I even mentioned that it was more was because it was an example of me being honest. I did what I considered to be the right thing. Yeah, I lost about $250 on the bender and stuff, but I did what I considered to be "right," and now I get to put up with this bullshit because somebody else fucked up the boxes.

And on top of it all, I still feel bad for you because you had to wait a few weeks to get the replacement parts, and it would have been much longer had we not worked that out. I wish I had the money to just say "Oh, sorry that UPS dropped the boxes out of an airplane 10,000 feet above your driveway, here's the money," but I can't dude, and you know that. Unfortunately, that is the only thing I can do to resolve this, and I'm stuck waiting on the people that are truly responsible. Yet it's my reputation that gets tarnished, not theirs.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:06 PM   #9 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 87635
I didn't want to post this. But I felt like over , and over nothing happened. When this is settled I will delete it. I didn't want it to look bad so I posted possible bad seller. I didn't post your name in the title , and I pm'd you a link to this thread. I just want this shit resolved that is all . What I am saying is when I bought the bender had you told me the shipping would be more , and that ups would lose shit I would have ordered new. I understand that shipping was more. And I understand you paying the difference as I sell alot of shit here , and you win some , and lose some. This was my last resort to possibley motivate you to get this squared away. At this point if I had not bought the parts I would have been really Furious.

Quote:
89 S10 Truggy
Old 08-06-2008, 08:30 PM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 33442
What you see as "nothing happening" is actually a whole lot going on. I will admit that I have not been to the UPS Store in the last three days, but only because I haven't been able to leave work for lunch, and I get to work before they open and leave after they close. Lunch is the only time I can go up there and harass them, and as I said, if you think I haven't been doing that, then call the owner of the store. There is a guy up there by the name of Jim that hates my guts after all of this. They look at it like the check will show up when it does, I'm looking at it like it was only supposed to take a week or two at the most and they are the biggest part of this whole problem because they failed to fax the paperwork to UPS the first time, yet told me that they did.

You and I want the same thing. I don't need to be motivated any more than I already am, because that will result in buildings being burned down. I've chewed ass at UPS, I've chewed ass as the UPS Store, I've lied to UPS to even get those lazy bitches to talk to me. I harass them on a very constant basis, and it would be more, except I'm always at work and don't have more free time to harass them more.

I promise you that a post on Pirate4x4 isn't going to motivate me any more. All it does is piss me off. Even if you delete the post, people have still read it and my reputation is tarnished from now on in the eyes of some. I don't take that lightly. My reputation is really all I've got.

Ordering new does not guarantee that all of the parts would have made it.

Again, I do appreciate you sending me a link to this post. I wouldn't have seen it otherwise.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:53 PM   #11 (permalink)
Marion Cobretti

Member # 40131
Quote:
Originally Posted by djgaston View Post
I understand you being pissed. I would be if I was in your shoes. Feel free to post up all PM's. I'll give you the name and contact number of the owner of the UPS Store in Mountain Home, Arkansas (her name is Diane) that will tell you the exact same thing I've been telling you all along. She can tell you how many times I've been in there bugging them about the refund check.

I've also explained to you that I would send you the money you paid to Pro Tools to get the missing parts, except I don't have extra money. My house payment was due on the 1st (701.47) and I am negative 198 bucks right now. Would you like a screen shot of my bank account? I have no credit cards and no way to get a personal loan to borrow $85 to send to you. It's not like I'm just short right now. I'm always short. Why do you think I sold the bender in the first place?

And why did it suddenly go up to $112'ish? You decided to get the handle on your own. That was $19.95 extra that you opted to spend. Now you are claiming I'm responsible for that, as well? If you want to be confrontational about it, then how do I know you didn't get the parts and just claim they all didn't arrive? I have no way of knowing that until UPS does their inspection. I told you up front that not all parts were in the pics. I had gathered that stuff up real quick and took a quick pic of it, at your request. The other stuff was sitting behind a radiator and I didn't see it until later. I assure you that it all went out in two boxes, and waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay over the $60 I charged you for shipping. Did I say anything about that? No. UPS quoted me $60 to ship it and I ended up paying $94.58 plus an additional charge for the packaging service. That wasn't your fault or my fault, it was their fault, but I still had to pay it. Kinda like the boxes getting destroyed in shipping and parts not making it there. It's not your fault, it's not my fault, but we are at the mercy of UPS.

I've been nothing but honest with you. If you feel that makes me a bad seller because the UPS Store and UPS fucked up your box, then so be it. I'll let you deal with it all from here and then you can feel a little more justified in listing me as a "possible bad seller."

UPS tracking number: 1Z3Y79X00305845562
UPS phone number: 800-742-5877

Have fun.

Thanks for at least sending me a link in PM so I can defend myself... I kinda feel like a broken record. All of this has already been discussed several times. I don't know what else you want me to do. If I'm a bad seller because UPS hasn't reimbursed you for the shit they lost, then I don't think there is much I can do to make you happy. As I said, if I had the money, I would have sent it to you long ago. I've sold a ton of shit online (here, Ebay, other forums) for several years and never had a complaint until now, and it's not even my fucking fault. It's not like I didn't ship the shit, or delayed shipping, or anything like that. I've done everything I can do, as a person (not a business with income to afford to front the reimbursement money), to get you the parts and then the money for the parts, and now you've complained about me twice in the forums on top of an inbox full of PM's. So what do you want me to do that is within my ability?
I'm glad you came on here to explain yourself...kuddos to you.

Quote:
Go fuck yourself, dumb shit.
Agreed...
Old 08-07-2008, 08:33 AM   #12 (permalink)
Well Done Man!

Member # 398
Send a message via ICQ to welndmn Send a message via AIM to welndmn Send a message via Yahoo to welndmn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorge Meza View Post

What a homo....
Your a tool...

Anyway, it sounds like you guys are on the right track. UPS claims take 60-90 days until they get settled. I would suggest to just keep on them and working through the process. Its a long one.
Old 08-07-2008, 01:02 PM   #13 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 19763
Let me get this straight....... The same parts missing in the pictures from the seller are the same parts that came up missing from UPS. Did I miss something?

Design full tube chassis in less than a couple of hours with the PRO

We are the developers of the Bend-Tech products.
651-257-8715 for sales and support

[URL=http://www.bend-tech.com[/URL]

10,000+ now using Bend-Tech
Old 08-07-2008, 07:39 PM   #14 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 87635
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabcam View Post
Let me get this straight....... The same parts missing in the pictures from the seller are the same parts that came up missing from UPS. Did I miss something?

Nope... You didn't miss anything.

Quote:
89 S10 Truggy
Old 08-07-2008, 07:51 PM   #15 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 19763
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big91RustyBucket View Post
Nope... You didn't miss anything.
So.....just to make sure I don't get confused....The first set of pictures that show a bender and a pile of misc parts on the floor with the arm laying over the top that says 105 on it, are from the seller prior to him shipping the bender to you? You (not knowing all of the parts to make up a full bender) were under the impression that all of the pieces were available to make a usable bender and there wasn't any suggestion it wasn't going to be a completed tool? And now we are sitting here blaming the UPS store for loosing said missing pieces to this bender that we don't have any pictures of prior to it shipping to you? And (the best of all) you are being told that it is pretty much your problem and go fuck off?

Design full tube chassis in less than a couple of hours with the PRO

We are the developers of the Bend-Tech products.
651-257-8715 for sales and support

[URL=http://www.bend-tech.com[/URL]

10,000+ now using Bend-Tech
Old 08-08-2008, 01:40 AM   #16 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 87635
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabcam View Post
So.....just to make sure I don't get confused....The first set of pictures that show a bender and a pile of misc parts on the floor with the arm laying over the top that says 105 on it, are from the seller prior to him shipping the bender to you? You (not knowing all of the parts to make up a full bender) were under the impression that all of the pieces were available to make a usable bender and there wasn't any suggestion it wasn't going to be a completed tool? And now we are sitting here blaming the UPS store for loosing said missing pieces to this bender that we don't have any pictures of prior to it shipping to you? And (the best of all) you are being told that it is pretty much your problem and go fuck off?
Pretty Much... The add said bender not bender parts... I had no reason to assume stuff would be missing.

Quote:
89 S10 Truggy
Old 08-09-2008, 03:54 PM   #17 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 87635
Btt

Quote:
89 S10 Truggy
Old 08-13-2008, 10:52 PM   #18 (permalink)

Member # 65809
my dad has retired from UPS after 35 yrs . he's no longer around these days to get his imput , but i will tell you what he's said over ther years about packages . they do lose alot of stuff and most the time its how they handle packages . he always told me over wrap it if ya send thru them its gets beat on during transit .. and if its damaged in shipping or parts are lost the paperwork trail to get the insurance is a bitch .. 60-90 days as mentioned above is fast lol . but the good thing is if he took it to the UPS Store and had them box it up for shipping then the claim is stronger then if he boxxed it himself .. the pics you took at recieving the item are good cause they usually want to pick up the Box to evaluate it to be able to give a refund claim .. i had some Tj jeep upper door slider windows shipped . guy wrapped both 1/2 's in a piece of cardboard together and called it good . didnt right fragile or anything .. im surprised they way it was boxxed by hime that wasnt more then 1 window broke .. i called UPS and the guy i got from and UPS claim was file they came out pickked box up and showed them how was boxxed and the driver picking it up said same thing i already knew . they wont cover it cause seller boxxed himself and did a POOR Job at it . so hang in there its a long road for a refund . sorry bout the long post wanted to let you know dont expect a miricle over night ... but then again if the parts were never there and he is covering that up he owes ya
Old 08-14-2008, 07:29 PM   #19 (permalink)

Member # 49939
Send a message via AIM to comeonstart
Quote:
Even if you delete the post, people have still read it and my reputation is tarnished from now on in the eyes of some. I don't take that lightly. My reputation is really all I've got.

Ordering new does not guarantee that all of the parts would have made it.
You are the one that is ruining your reputation. You shipped an incomplete bender, how is it UPS fault that you didn't put it all in the box? Your add strongly implies a complete bender, its not a "bender" unless it is complete. I do not see how talking to UPS is gonna do a thing, because it is not their problem. Its your problem, be a man and take care of it.
Old 08-17-2008, 11:40 AM   #20 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 87635
BUMP ...

Quote:
89 S10 Truggy
Old 08-19-2008, 06:25 AM   #21 (permalink)
Playin with it

Member # 97574
Quote:
I've also explained to you that I would send you the money you paid to Pro Tools to get the missing parts, except I don't have extra money. My house payment was due on the 1st (701.47) and I am negative 198 bucks right now.
Sell the Stihl chainsaw and/or floorjack in your pics of the bender on craigslist and send him his money.

We're talking $110, you said you'd pay up. So based on your financial forecast when do you foresee yourself ponying up?

Did you or did you not, knowingly sell an incomplete "bender" as a "bender" to a buyer that was missing parts without informing him it was missing parts? And expect to get away with it?
Old 08-20-2008, 05:18 PM   #22 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 87635
Btt

Quote:
89 S10 Truggy
Old 08-21-2008, 01:12 AM   #23 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 87635
Bump....

Quote:
89 S10 Truggy
Old 08-21-2008, 03:58 PM   #24 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 87635
Btt Still nothing. No word or anything.

Quote:
89 S10 Truggy
Old 08-21-2008, 07:35 PM   #25 (permalink)

Member # 99196
I ordered a set of custom axel shafts 300m they were shipped to me UPS when the box arrived it was empty the shafts had been lost . The seller had insured the shafts and was reimbursed $2,000 it took about 3 weeks after the claim was filed. I did not have to contact UPS the seller did hope this helps .....