Bad seller... - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Classifieds > Bad Sellers, Disputes, etc...
Notices

Closed Thread

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2008, 06:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 3370
Bad seller...

Watch out making deals with this guy. His user name is bushauler

http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=726026

Last edited by Pook; 10-25-2008 at 11:22 PM.
Old 10-25-2008, 08:46 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 7233
Send a message via AIM to Wilson
bummer..should post details for when the seller deletes his thread
Old 10-25-2008, 09:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 3370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
bummer..should post details for when the seller deletes his thread

Good idea...

From his for sale post

sxor single seat comp buggy for sale

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

got engaged and found out my girl is pregnant so im going to sell this and just wheel my cj7 for now. selling a single seat sxor buggy. heres the stats

-ford 5.0 c6 tranny and twin sticked np205 t case.
dana 60s front and rear, narrowed, welded, 513s, chromoly 35 spline shafts,
-full hydro that works great.
-summit machine aluminum links and panhards,
- saw air shocks
-39 inch krawler stickys on 17 inch stazworks, decent tread
-rear cutting brake
-suck down winch up front
-3 gallon aluminum fuel cell

probably lots of other stuff i forgot. climbs everything. located in victorville california. email me for pics and il try to get some posted in the meantime.
asking 14000 obo
if interested call josh at 719-761-0727
Old 10-25-2008, 09:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 3370
Posted by "bushauler" after the deal was made. I'll let Nolan fill in the details when he gets back... but they made a deal with how it would be paid for etc... Nolan gets certified check and starts driving to Cali 18 hours later and buddy backs out and posts this

rig is back up for sale. deal from canada went sour. partially my fault. my bank warned me not to take certified checks or money orders internationally. i got spooked and we unfortunatly could not meet on a agreement. ive always used money orders on vehicle sales but didnt realize there would be a 11 business day hold on international ones. anyway buggy is back up for sale.
Old 10-25-2008, 09:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 3370
I'll let others who know whats going on fill in more...just hate to see a buddy get burned like this. $1000 in fuel and a few days away from work for nothing.
Old 10-26-2008, 09:11 AM   #6 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 47016
I'm nolans bro. He was going to be the buyer.

So I help nolan all day thursday to get shit sorted out at the banks, JOSH the seller of the buggy wanted a certified cheque from the bank, even though we asked him to direct desposit the money into his account or we use paypal(he said he did not like the paypal cause he's not good with computers) So we got him CC(certified cheques).

Nolan then drive to South LAke Tahoe from vancouver BC CANADA....18hrs drive one way to meet up with Josh. Josh had to drive 6hrs north to south lake tahoe to meet nolan.

Nolan phones him friday night saying he is in Cali and to make sure everything is still a go. Josh says NOW HE DOES NOT WANT A CC.??? WTF!!! he said his bank will hold the CC for 11 days and he does not want that. Well great time to Fu$king time to tell us now.

So nolan and josh got made nolan said something, Josh said deal was off. Nolan was mad(wouldn't you be after driving 18hrs for someone to say you can't have this buggy.)

So nolan phones me back in canada to try and figure shit out at the banks for him. I tried cancelling them, money transfer into account everything. The only way to cancel the CC are to come home and do them in person and Lose the 7$ each per CC(we had 3 CC= 21$) Well he wasn't going to do that.

So the next morning nolan calls me and says I'm on my way home. I tell him give Josh one more try. So he does....phones lost and text messaged him some too. NO REPLY! Then just before bolan was hitting the road he calls.

Nolan says Dude I want your buggy still.
Josh says I know you do. Give me 2 mins. and I'll call you back and we can make this happen.
Nolan says Great
Josh phones back in 2 mins and says Buggy is at his buddys house and his buddys wife's water just broke and that he can't get buggy.
Nolan then freaks out again. Says some shit again.

Nolan is now on his way home WITHOUT THE BUGGY!!!

Nolan missed 2 days of work(1200$)
Nolan spent 1000$ on gas
Nolan spent one night in motel(60$)

so intotal nolan spent 2260 US to Cali and pick up a buggy that didn't even happen.

Nolan will be posting on this page for sure tomorrow!!!

All I have to say is Josh your a Fu$king tool!
Old 10-26-2008, 09:14 AM   #7 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 47016
the post now has been altered but this is what he wrote after he talked to Nolan the first time and put the buggy back up for sale mins after talking to noaln and telling the deal was off.

i understand the frustration and feel horrible. i should have done more research sooner on cashing the international checks. he wanted a short notice sale and i agreed i would help and meet him part way as far as i could and still make it back to work on time. unfortunatly i live in a shitty area and found out my bank would hold those checks for 11 business days. they warned me not to take them from canada as he could drive across the border and put a stop on them all together. then i am shit out of luck and responsible to pay the bank the money. unfortunatly with our recession my bank says this is not a uncommon ocurance right now. 2nd i never got a deposit on the rig like i was supposed to so i was driving up empty handed to begin with. we could have made a deal work last night. i tried to work with you. you could have called the bank stopped the check and wired the money. nolan didnt want to do this. he wouldbe giving me the money before seeing the buggy. i told him it is the same as me giving the buggy to him and him driving the buggy across the border and me not getting the cash from my bank for 2 weeks if and when it clear. he didnt like being in my shoes so that didnt work. second thing nolan cam up with is have his brother wore the money to him directly at a bank down here so he has cash in hand and stop his checks. perfect idea i said lets do this. you see the truck. if you like and it is as i have said i get cash. perfect. i told him i would be there at 8pm as previously agreed on. suddenly this doesnt work for him i have to be there earlier. i told him theres no way. i would try but if i have trailer problem or something i cant garauntee it il be there about 8 like we agreed on. this didnt work for him, he got extremely pissed and started talking shit on me and my country so i said deal off. no one talk to me like they did or my about my country. i am sorry you drove all that way. i take responsibility for the money problems but we could have made it work with a little cooperation on both parts. if you want to flame me as a seller thats fine do it under the correct area in the forum and leave my sale post alone. i have a kid on the way and bills to pay i cant risk being burned. hope everyone can understand where i am coming from.

Last edited by Lil' lucifer; 10-26-2008 at 09:14 AM.
Old 10-26-2008, 10:12 AM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 80873
my post that lil lucifer posted basicly explains my stance. i am not going to retype everything. there is a few thing i want to clear up. i did not delete the sale post it is still up. a moderator deleted most of the canadian post, even before i even read most of them. 2 i still have the buggy i did not sell it out from under nolan. i have not accepted a higher offer or anything like that. nolan was pushing for a extremely short notice sale. i always took or gave certified check for deal before. i have never dealt internationaly. i didnt have time to look into how those checks would work. i didnt get a deposit from nolan like i was supposed to so i went to the bank friday to cash a check from my work for some back money they owed me so i would have gas money to drive up there anyway. at the time i asked a manager who is actually from canada who warmed me not to take those checks. they get way to many fakes, especially internationaly. as far as the deal being off i tried to make it work and we could have. i am not the one who said the deal was off. nolan said the deal was off when he got pisses starting talking shit on me and my country, and acting like a child. this was at almost midnight on friday night. IF NOLAN WAS SUCH A STAND UP GUY LIKE EVERYONE ONE SAYS HE WOULDNT HAVE TOLD ME YESTERDAY HE HOPES THE BABY I AM HAVING FUCKING DIES. this is probably all i am going to post on this matter. i have better shit to deal with than this.
Old 10-26-2008, 10:32 AM   #9 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 109734
listen here JOSH...i did everything you asked me to do..except mailing you $1000 due to you not giving me your lastname to put on the M.O...i tried to mail it canada post said it would take 2 days..i'd be down there in 1..so you said fine...

upon me arriving in south lake tahoe i called you and you said tht you werent gonna except my money order that YOU asked for...i never talked shit about your country..i said that you guys were broke and I have money..so you take what you asked for or im leaving...

i did everything you asked me to do...
Old 10-26-2008, 10:37 AM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 80873
nolan, you said a lot more than that. you guys are really bending the truth and telling half the story. you called the deal off friday night. not me
Old 10-26-2008, 10:52 AM   #11 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 109734
i did cause you basically told me this deal was NOT going through because you couldnt take/wait 10days for this to clear in your broke ass bank.

i got mad and called it off because i had done everything you wanted me to do plus more.and i asked you to do one thing and meet me at the bank of america before 7pm...
Old 10-26-2008, 10:53 AM   #12 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 109734
and you said NO...
Old 10-26-2008, 10:56 AM   #13 (permalink)

Member # 80873
because i told like originally planned i wouldnt be there til at least 8pm. there was no reason for me to be there before 7. you could have done what needed done without me there. you said deal off not me. i tried to be rational and work with you. you had a idea that would have worked. just because i couldnt get there a couple hours earlier than we agreed on thursday is not my fault.
Old 10-26-2008, 11:15 AM   #14 (permalink)

Member # 81750
Skop, 1st you dont hold up your side of the deal then Josh still is willing to work something out ( i wouldnt have even thought about leaving without a deposit) then you work something out and you get mad at him because of the time he is going to show up which was already planned days prior. The you start talking shit about Josh and America and call deal off. SO after i spent 8 hrs swapping tires so he can hold up his end of the deal he calls me while im on the way to the hospital because my wifes water broken and says that the deals off so its locked up in the garage while i am at the hospital. THen all your fuck buddies get on here and start talking shit about Josh, when in actuality you called the deal off then came begging. Then after all that shit talking about our country and Josh you open your fucking mouth about Joshs unborn baby, i dont know how shit like that goes down in Canada but not only am i glad you drove all that way and ended up empty handed you deserve a fucking beat down for that.
Old 10-26-2008, 11:16 AM   #15 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 109734
who cares really about the time on this...

you said yourself this was ALL your fault.and your not man enough to stand behind your words..coward..

i spent $1000 us on fuel getting there and back..plus i was gonna give you $250 us to drive the buggy 7hrs to plus 13.000us for the buggy..now what did i get

ABSOULTLY NOTHING cause you agreed on something you knew nothing about
Old 10-26-2008, 11:23 AM   #16 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 109734
swapping tires??

he ased me if i'd take NON sticky 37" krawlers in trade for what was on the buggy...bhahahah i said fuck no...

and clearly this is all his fault..he should have taken the cash when i offered it to him..

i dont see how he having a kid cause he has NO balls...

and fuck you to...hope your kid dies in the next couple days also fuck face..

and dont threating me with a good time..ill throw down with the best of them
Old 10-26-2008, 12:32 PM   #17 (permalink)
Non-Lemming

Member # 840
All right ............................................. ENOUGH from the assholes.
I'm going to start banning people for not following forum rules.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=592539

If you don't have factual information to add to a thread: don't post pad and talk trash.

I won't listen to any arguements about what constitutes violating that rule
or any other rule in the link I posted. If you have ANY doubts as to whether
something you're thinking of posting might violate the rules, DO NOT post it.

There will be NO warnings.
One of the great achievements of science has been, if not to make it impossible for intelligent people to be religious, then at least to make it possible for them not to be religious. We should not retreat from this accomplishment.
Old 10-26-2008, 01:55 PM   #18 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 109734
K...

i totally lost it but you guys have gotta understand what i have done for josh in the last 5days..i've jumped so many bank obstacles to make this work..agreed on the deal/meeting time.place etc.etc..we both fucked up by him/me not giving/receiving his last name for me to send out the deposit..but when i called josh and told him this he said it would be fine cause i'd be in lake tahoe the following day..i took 3days off work(the busiest,i work at a bar im the head of security there and make $1500 cdn. per weekend avg.i lost that..i also spent $1000 us on fuel and got no rig)..the reason why i told josh to be at the bank of america sat. night before 7pm is cause the bank would have told him this M.O(that he wanted instead of $$ or paypal)is legit..all he had to do rigth away was deposit the M.O into his ATM and i could not cancel this...all i wanted and STILL want is this buggy.my behavior is outta line but i've had no sleep for 5days due to dealing with this mess up..

i did all i could have done for josh and i got screwed..
Old 10-26-2008, 04:54 PM   #19 (permalink)

Member # 77424
SKOP,

Sorry to hear about you not being able to get the buggy after a deal was made. I had a deal made with him on this buggy as well and was supposed to pick it up last Friday untill he bailed on Tuesday, 3 days before I was headed south due to him finding out his wife was pregnant. At least I didn't have much real money involved.

He is a nice enough guy and I understand the he had a situation (pregnant girl) but that said; I would not make deals with him because they were not held up in my situation.
Old 10-26-2008, 06:45 PM   #20 (permalink)

Member # 65809
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKOP View Post
...hope your kid dies in the next couple days also fuck face..

thats pretty harsh right there and for what its worth that makes you a pretty big POS for saying it ...
i can understand your pissed i would be too . i have a boat for sale and have taken a small depsoit on it 2 times and drove from Sacramento to Reno only to find out its not what they were looking for so i was given 300 for my time and sent on my way .. again i take another small deposit and drive from Sac to Fresno .. guy wants a boat to make into a show boat .. mines gonna take alil more work then he wanted to spend to make into show quality so he offers me 300 for driving down .. cool both trips combined cost me alil over 200 so i basically made 400 for my time ( no biggie im disabled and can use the money) of coarse my deal isnt anything like yours so i would be pissed about the whole thing and callin names probably but to wish death on an unborn child dude your pretty fawked up seriously ! ..
i do sell alot of stuff all the time and Personally i Never take a Certified money order .. they can be faked so easilly and you dont find out till 2 weeks later . it is his fault for telling you to bring the CC but i woulda done the same thing if i found out my bank told me DONT Take them . i always Deal in Cash or wire transfers
Old 10-26-2008, 06:50 PM   #21 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 109734
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreepyCrawler View Post
i do sell alot of stuff all the time and Personally i Never take a Certified money order .. they can be faked so easilly and you dont find out till 2 weeks later . it is his fault for telling you to bring the CC but i woulda done the same thing if i found out my bank told me DONT Take them . i always Deal in Cash or wire transfers

i brougth what he wanted..M.O...i asked him to be at the bank by 7pm to reinsure him that they werent fakes..if he felt sorry for me like he said he was he woulda been at the bank before 7pm..
Old 10-26-2008, 06:55 PM   #22 (permalink)

Member # 80873
a bank cant look at them and tell there not fakes on the fucking spot. i dont know when u will get that through your head. they have to send them to the fucking fed in los angeles. thats why they take 2 fucking weeks to clear and thats when they find out if there real. this is what my bank manager told me. i trust him more than you.
Old 10-26-2008, 07:00 PM   #23 (permalink)

Member # 86685
You guys rushed the deal and should have taken the time to do it right. Get the fuck over, both of you are to blame
Old 10-26-2008, 07:58 PM   #24 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 20610
Send a message via AIM to gotmuddy Send a message via Yahoo to gotmuddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by bushauler View Post
a bank cant look at them and tell there not fakes on the fucking spot. i dont know when u will get that through your head. they have to send them to the fucking fed in los angeles. thats why they take 2 fucking weeks to clear and thats when they find out if there real. this is what my bank manager told me. i trust him more than you.
Umm, can't they call the bank that issued it?
Old 10-26-2008, 08:08 PM   #25 (permalink)

Member # 47337
Just curious, couldnt you have called the bank that issued the checks to certify that they were legit??
Closed Thread