Pirate 4x4 banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff Robert, East Coast Engine, Auto Computer Tech

14K views 80 replies 32 participants last post by  camo 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Contact info below...

I sent my harness and computer to him 9 months ago. I included a check and the details for the computer reprogram as requested. He has strung me along and strung me along until finally, he told me he would send it out that week. Not surprisingly, he never did. He then further strung me along with a load of bullshit until finally he was honest with me out of frustration from my incessant phone calls. Here is roughly how it went as I have it tape recorded for the attorney. (see below)
---------------------------
I asked how much longer it was going to be after NINE (9) months and as he laughed, he said as long as I decide to take.

I asked why he cashed my check so early, and he said that was the way his business worked.

I noted that he kind of had me by the balls at this point, and as he laughed again, replied, yup... I guess I do. haha

I asked him if he would just send me the raw harness and computer back and KEEP MY MONEY, and he replied that the only way it was leaving was when it was done.

I asked when that was going to be, he replied, whenever I decide to get around to it. Could be 2 days, could be 2 months. Dont know.

I told him all I wanted was what I paid for 9 months ago and he smittenly replied that he didnt give a shit about an attorney cause he could have it done whenever he wanted. He further reminded me that he had me by the balls. (read below for good news on attorney)

And I got more smart ass remarks like this for 5 minutes before he hung up on me only to call back one more time and say that one of the numbers I found when I looked him up in my computer was his dads and to quit calling it.
---------------------------
Here is the info on this guy:

Jeff Robert

musclesportsandimports.com. (Deleted)
AutoComputerTech.com (Deleted)
EastCoastEngines.com (Current platform)

851 Knox Cave Road Altamont, NY 12009
(this is a small town outside of Albany)
Two phone numbers I have for HIM are:
1-800-598-5247
1-518-872-0421
The number I have for his FATHER is:
1-518-872-9693 (name: Michael Robert)
They appear to live at the same address

I personally feel like I have absolutely nothing to lose at this point. Like I said before: I am going to call every number available that is associated with this guy, no matter who it ends up at, until I receive a working harness. I am also going to get everyone together that has been screwed so far, (up to 8 right now) and move forward with legal action. I am also going to make a personal attempt to post everywhere I can find to try to help other people avoid making the same mistake as a lot have.

I also invite everyone else that is irritated at losing 300+ dollars AND their harnesses/computers to do the same.

I have found an attorney that has offered to work on contingency, which means that he will not charge us (the victims) a dime because he knows he can win and intends to take all the court fees and legal fees directly from Jeff Robert regardless of whether he produces product or not.

Jeff Robert has it all figured out... Its all just a big fucking game... I have been a state police officer in the state of Florida for 6 years and am really excited about using everything in my power to bring an end to this bullshit. I am talking to the fraud division in my organization and have gotten a lot farther than I expected. They will be working with his local municipalities to put charges on him and arrest him. And on top of that, when an attorney is willing to work free of charge, you know that he sees a paycheck coming from his efforts.
------------------------------------
When I have a little more time, I will post up the 46 links I have listed on other forums where OTHER people have posted about being ripped off, warning of his bullshit, and a lot of other interesting facts about Jeff.

Also, once I figure out a way to get these phone recorded conversations between me and him on the internet somewhere, I will post a link to that.

Finally, I have several email correspondences between me and him where he calls his customers bitches and depressing and follows it up with how people just have to wait and that he is just to busy to get around to it... WITHIN 9 FUCKING MONTHS!
------------------------------
I have written in a notebook every phone call, (day and time) every excuse, (details, false promises, lies), every message I left, every email I sent, and recorded copies of the checks, when they were cashed, when the package was delivered, and of course the recorded phone conversations. The attorney has all of this info right now which is why he offered to work free of charge.

After I talk to him and find out what more I can post here, I will do so promptly.

See less See more
#3 ·
One last contact for those of you that cant find it.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/member.php?u=127740

He or someone deleted a lot of his posts and made it really hard to find. Fortunately, I have screen shots from before they disappeared.

Feel free to contact him here too.

Whats the worst that can happen? He not send out the harness? Its already gone in my book. Going for broke now. I invite everyone to do the same.

Dont get mad at him. Just call up, leave a message, (voicemail is usually full) If so, call another number, email, PM, register his contact info on spam sites, anything is better than being angry over this asshole. It only takes a minute of our time but together it may possibly become incentive for him to DO HIS JOB THAT HE WAS ALREADY PAID TO DO. I don't think being too busy is an adequate excuse. Not after 9 months...

And according to him on another piece of recorded phone call, he said there were people who have been waiting longer for harness/computer they have mailed out and paid for.

If none of that works, I think an overly aggressive attorney and local law enforcement might change his outlook on customer service.

#4 ·
He or someone deleted a lot of his posts and made it really hard to find. Fortunately, I have screen shots from before they disappeared.
you seem to have all your bases covered. I wana see someone get arrested :laughing:

#6 ·
The simple fact of the matter is that we ended up with too many engine harness' for the service. Not that anyone is stealing anything or ripping anyone off.

I am doing these by myself and FLeastwood just doesnt understand.

Thank You
Jeff
Wow, you sound like a total peice of shit...I feel moved to do my part to help FLeastwood out....

http://www.phonemyphone.com/

Ps, I think he understands perfectly well, he paid you for a service and you have not delivered.

#7 ·
Jeff it sounds like you planned this and yes you ARE ripping people off! You took peoples money and then laughed in their face. You my friend are a classic fucking piece of shit and I hope you get put in jail where you belong. Better yet I hope some of the people you ripped off find you and take out of your crooked ass. You FUCK!!!

#8 ·
The attorney and the fraud division says that I must make a reasonable attempt to give him a date allowing reasonable time for him to complete and deliver the product.

After this date has passed, both can move forward to the full extent of the law.

The attorney stated that he could get the entire lawsuit in motion and would also work hand in hand with the other 9 people if I provide their information to him
AND
on the law enforcement end of it, and this is where it gets good, they can put up a warrant for his arrest. (this is based on the fraud division of my department that deals with this shit every day)

Finally, if the product is not received in the condition promised, the attorney can still move forward with a full on lawsuit. Contingency lawyers are all about progress.

So here is my public announcement:

I expect to have the working harness at my doorstep no later then the end of the day on Friday, April 24, 2009

That allows 2 full business days for working on the harness/computer, and 6 full business days for shipping. (not to mention the weekend)

I am also going to send this via PM, E-Mail, and leave him a voicemail... seeing as how he never answers his phone. I am also going to include my address and contact information just so there is no confusion.

I will keep updating as I find out more and more. All he has to do is what he was paid to do NINE months ago. Thats it... then I am out of his life forever.

#9 ·
You guys can say what you want about me, but the truth is you dont even know me and only have his side of the situation. You have it all wrong.

Clint asked me to do his harness for him and I have been. Just becuase I cant get it out as fast as he wants doesnt mean I am ripping him off or ripping anyone off. It means I have more work than I can handle.

Thanks for reading.

Jeff

P.S Its Been 6 Months to be exact.

#10 ·
You guys can say what you want about me, but the truth is you dont even know me and only have his side of the situation. You have it all wrong.

Clint asked me to do his harness for him and I have been. Just becuase I cant get it out as fast as he wants doesnt mean I am ripping him off or ripping anyone off. It means I have more work than I can handle.

Thanks for reading.

Jeff
a harness doesn't take 9 months...

#12 ·
No you are right. I can do a harness in about 4 hours and a PCM in about 15 minutes.

Thats not the problem though. I sold harness reworks for $199.00 and programming between $30.00-$50.00 for basic. I would end up with alot of computers and harness'.

The way I do it is about 10 harness' a week. They all get unwrapped at the same time, wires pulled at the same time and repwrapped, soldered and programmed all in the same day. SO on a friday, I may program some 10-20 computers and then ship the harness' and computers out in the same day.

As of right now I am down to about 40 harness' left. I got 6 out today and will have about 2 more tomorrow along with at least 4 engines and 2 transmissions.

I dont know if this makes any sense to anyone but I do a great job on my harness' and computers, thats why I have alot of repeat customers and why the harness may take monger than other places, Good Plus Cheap = Slow. Even places selling dropouts refer their customers to us for wiring. But until about mid last year, Ive had too many to get out to meet the 2 month dealine.

I didnt buy a star to bring in more harness and PCM business. I rarely do that anymore. My skills are being put to use with Turn Key engines. Meaning you can get a used or new engine with my harness and computer in 1-4 weeks complete with everything. The longest I have ever taken was 5 weeks for an engine.

Thanks for reading

Jeff

#16 ·
No you are right. I can do a harness in about 4 hours and a PCM in about 15 minutes.

Thats not the problem though. I sold harness reworks for $199.00 and programming between $30.00-$50.00 for basic. I would end up with alot of computers and harness'.

The way I do it is about 10 harness' a week. They all get unwrapped at the same time, wires pulled at the same time and repwrapped, soldered and programmed all in the same day. SO on a friday, I may program some 10-20 computers and then ship the harness' and computers out in the same day.

As of right now I am down to about 40 harness' left. I got 6 out today and will have about 2 more tomorrow along with at least 4 engines and 2 transmissions.

I dont know if this makes any sense to anyone but I do a great job on my harness' and computers, thats why I have alot of repeat customers and why the harness may take monger than other places, Good Plus Cheap = Slow. Even places selling dropouts refer their customers to us for wiring. But until about mid last year, Ive had too many to get out to meet the 2 month dealine.

I didnt buy a star to bring in more harness and PCM business. I rarely do that anymore. My skills are being put to use with Turn Key engines. Meaning you can get a used or new engine with my harness and computer in 1-4 weeks complete with everything. The longest I have ever taken was 5 weeks for an engine.

Thanks for reading

Jeff
So....you say you do 10 harnesses a week and flash 10-20 computers on Fridays, but then you cannot finish his in 9 months? WTF:shaking:

#14 ·
First I take the entire old harness, which by the way Clints is one of the worst and most disgusting ones, and take all the split loom and take off.

I Mean every piece of take is gone and new tape is put on every 8 inches or so along the harness to make it stay together like factory.

Next I remove every wire not needed, from the PCM connectors and harness plugs. Even Clints fuse block will be removed.

When every wire that isnt needed is removed, I use brand new Automotive 1 1/4 inch wide heat resistant tape on the leads for injectors and other short wires. Things near heat will need split loom. After that, I add brand new split loom to the harness.

The split loom gets new non adhesive tape from head to toe and the entire harness looks brand new.

After that, I used to label the wires, not I send a sheet withn instructions. All the plugs are easy to plug in.

I dont just cut and bury wires.

After that I solder on brand new relays and a diagnostic port. All the finishing tape gets put on and Im done.

Jeff

#15 ·
How long did you originally quote Clint's job to take? It seems like you did not deliver on time. 9 months?!?!? What exactly is wrong with his story? Please tell....

#17 ·
Ripping people off for complete turn key engines sounds like a much more lucrative business than some chinsy ass harnesses and ECMs....

Someone report his shit to ebay too, I see his garbage on there as well.
I don't know how ebay rolls but if there is a pending criminal investigation that might be grounds for terminating his ebay account.

#19 ·
Wouldnt that be something? That is not what we are in business for. We have plenty of customers that buy engines each month that have their engines and are very very happy.

If you dont know anything about the situation and what we do, please dont post. You dont know what you are talking about.

#18 ·
Yes, I had alot more harness' than that. I am down to about 40 now with a list of names, numbers and how soon they need the harness. Its apparent that I should be done with them all very soon but I cannot tell which exact day it will be for each and every person. And I know I have people on this site giving my phone number out to websites and people that call for no reason, blocking and wasting time for the current customers we have that need their products.

To all of those people sending our phone numbers out when customers need to call us, you are just making things worse. Think before you do this.

Especially those that call constantly for no reason. Please stop. We have call waiting and if your calling once a minute or your phonemyphone stuff is calling, noone, including current customers can call through.

#24 ·
Yes, I had alot more harness' than that. I am down to about 40 now with a list of names, numbers and how soon they need the harness. Its apparent that I should be done with them all very soon but I cannot tell which exact day it will be for each and every person. And I know I have people on this site giving my phone number out to websites and people that call for no reason, blocking and wasting time for the current customers we have that need their products.

To all of those people sending our phone numbers out when customers need to call us, you are just making things worse. Think before you do this.

Especially those that call constantly for no reason. Please stop. We have call waiting and if your calling once a minute or your phonemyphone stuff is calling, noone, including current customers can call through.
Wouldnt that be something? That is not what we are in business for. We have plenty of customers that buy engines each month that have their engines and are very very happy.

If you dont know anything about the situation and what we do, please dont post. You dont know what you are talking about.
So there is more people than just you, what could be taking so long if your other employees are there to help you?

#25 ·

I dont have other full time employees. My brother does some when he can. He does some when he has time and does a great job but he has another job he does during the summer. I have a few other people come here and there but nothing steady. I am basically here doing everything.

Its not normal to have such a lead time like that. I dont do the harness' and PCM's anymore. If I see someone doing wiring like I used to, if they do it fast, it is usually a terrible job. I have people say who is good and who is bad.

Wait4me is not one you want to go to. His wife does the wiring and I got one of theres in here to fix, and it was messed up all over. The Temp lead was buried, starter wire cut and spliced several times and the tape job was half there. So I redid it and it was right.

Someone that does this every day is going to be good, someone that takes their time. I would say 2 months tops. Most people do one of 3. Engines, Harness' or computers, not all 3.

If you want a good job with computers, go to PCMforless. As far as wiring theres so many and I dont know what most of them look like, just how much they charge.

At one point yes, some have been in longer than 9 months im sure of it.

This is just my point of view on everything, so please lets leave it at that.

Jeff

#27 ·
The normal length for everyone, which everyone knows before they send it in and I have talked to is 4-8 weeks or 1-2 months. Its been like that here for years.

That is because at any given time, when I was accepting them in, I would have at least 60 or more wiring harness in.

Jeff

#28 ·
The normal length for everyone, which everyone knows before they send it in and I have talked to is 4-8 weeks or 1-2 months. Its been like that here for years.

In eight freakin posts you say it's been six months while in your last post you state the norm is 4-8 weeks. (Jim's Performance did mine in about 4-6 weeks.) All this BS while you avoid the question as to WTF happened to make this a six month ordeal.

Either man-up, 'fess up or STFU and ship the harness; damn, it shouldn't take six months!

#30 ·
I would be ashamed to keep posting up proudly "it's only been 6 months" Mentionin turnkey engines as a customer as well. This is going to go :nuke: on you in 3, 2, 1, ............
Don't be a bad vendor here, It gives the good ones a bad name:mad3:
If you were smart, you'd be doing his harness and his harness alone today.:shaking:

#32 ·
It would sreve you very well from a business perspective just to get this dudes done and get him outa your hair regardless if he is being put in front of others or not. He has pretty much single handedly ruined your reputation here and you have not helped yourelf much either. Just knock his out today(4 hours right?) and get him out of your life.

#34 ·
Jeff just called.

He said that he was having a friend come over this afternoon and they would knock out the harness today. By 10PM tonight he said that he will call me and let me know that it is done.

He said he would have a tracking number by tomorrow. I will post the tracking number up so there is no doubt.

He relayed all this information to me with respect and courtesy.

If the product comes to me as promised, and the computer works without flaw, I will remove this thread. PROMPTLY.

I will post any further updates be it positive or negative but will persist in all of my efforts until promised product arrives.

#36 ·
If the product comes to me as promised, and the computer works without flaw, I will remove this thread. PROMPTLY.
Now see thats a bad thing to do, people who actually have a legit excuse/misunderstanding for not sending something, deserve the thread to be taken down, but when your getting screwed over by someone you leave them up for others to see (hopefully) in the future if they search on here before they make a purchase or send money for a service.

#35 · (Edited)
I sent my harness and computer to Jeff back in late November with a check, which was cashed. I have talked with him many times and he keeps making promises that it will be sent out. I am still waiting. In the meantime, he is selling motors with the same harness I need. How about you pull one off the crate motor and send that out?
Maybe he should pull an all nighter and send mine out too?

#39 ·
I understand where you are coming from on that suggestion to keep the thread up. Here is how it panned out:

I made a promise to him that if I got what I paid for and it came to me in good complete condition, I would take the thread down.

I really feel for anyone who has to go through this process but I am a man of my word. To leave it up in spite would be sinking to his level of false promises.

We will see if he follows through with his current delivery date. If he does not, I will not remove it and taking it down will no longer be an option. I will also make it a personal mission to try and cut off every post he ever creates and every ad he ever places with a stringent warning to potential customers and a link to this thread.

Either way, I am still doing everything that I was doing. I don't plan on stopping until I have plugged it in and it works as promised.

Phone call from him tonight confirming completion.
Tracking number to be posted tomorrow.
Delivery prior to April 24th, 2009.

Its not that tall an order to avoid all the trouble as stated in the initial post.

#45 ·
here's what I want to know...

1. When he asked for the harness back unfinished why didnt you return it with or without his money?

2. Did you really laugh in his face and say that you had him by the balls.

3. Dont you understand the kind of effect a thread like this is having on your business?

4. Regaurdless of whether or not you finish and return his harness and computer, do you really think that this customer would ever be happy enough to retract any of his previous statements and or wish you good will?

I'll answer #4 for you. Man, you need to make this go away NOW and at any cost. Help this man get his project up and running and there is still a chance he could admit this was a misunderstanding or that he may have just acted hastily, out of frastration. Handle this right and you could be a hero instead of a horse's ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.