Jeff Roberts / East Coast Engine WARNING !!!! potential FRAUD ALERT - Page 10 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Classifieds > Bad Sellers, Disputes, etc...
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2010, 02:36 AM   #226 (permalink)

Member # 40375
Unbelievable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.timesunion.com/local/article/Three-get-slap-in-turtle-blast-case-634848.php
ALBANY -- Three brothers from Knox videotaped during the torture killing of a turtle will not receive any jail time -- or a misdemeanor conviction.

Tyson Pincher, 27, James Pincher, 22, and Seth Pincher, 18, all pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct -- a non-criminal violation akin to a speeding ticket -- in Albany County Court on Friday.

The Pinchers and another pair of brothers were arrested in September 2009 when investigators for the Albany County Sheriff's Department searched the home of now 24-year-old Jeffrey Robert in an unrelated case. In turn, they found a videotape showing a snapping turtle being tortured and then killed in a blast.

Tyson and Seth Pincher once faced as much as 14 years in state prison on weapon and animal abuse charges. They were charged alongside their brother James, and siblings Jeffrey Robert and Michael Robert of Knox, who faced up to 7 years in prison.

On Friday, defense attorneys said the search warrant police used to arrest the defendants had deficiencies, which weakened the case for prosecutors.

All charges facing 24-year-old Jeffrey Robert, who faced cases before two judges in Albany, were recently dismissed.

Misdemeanor animal cruelty charges against all the defendants had already been tossed out.

Lawyers said the statute of limitations ran out; the video showing the torture and killing of the turtle was dated from 2007, the defendants were arrested in September 2009.

"It was a very, very favorable disposition for the defendants," said attorney Terence L. Kindlon, who represented Seth Pincher. "They can now get on with their very productive lives."

The sole case remaining is against Michael Robert, who turns 23 this month. A person with knowledge of the case said he allegedly lit the fuse in the turtle explosion.

In February, Tyson and Seth Pincher and Michael and Jeffrey Robert rejected plea deals that would have required they all spend time behind bars and cooperate against each other.

Authorities have said the defendants tortured the turtle on Knox-Cave Road, attached a pipe bomb to its back and watched the reptile explode.

A source said the group nicknamed the turtle "Victim," with one saying, "Do you think he knows he's about to die?"

According to police, the group was experimenting with explosives and downloaded information from the Internet about making bombs.

But Kindlon had previously questioned whether the explosives used were any worse than firecrackers. He had called the indictment against the brothers "close to being insane."

Tyson Pincher was represented by attorney Gaspar Castillo, while James Pincher was represented by lawyer James Tyner.

"These are basically decent, hard-working people," Castillo said.

Jeffrey Lapham, the attorney for Michael Robert, could not be reached.
wizard_Drd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 06:39 AM   #227 (permalink)

Member # 2129
What a fawkin' joke. How the hell could they not bust Roberts on all the fraud cases? Hopefully he gets struck by lightning or an angry mob comes and linches him.

Huge thanks to Ballistic Fab, ADS shocks, Pro Diesel, Bulldog winch, Desert Rat Off Road Centers, BFG Tires and all my friends and family
JackA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-2010, 07:15 AM   #228 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 30839
PBB justice time????

Bulletproof, complete propane kits for carbureted offroad and street vehicles.
Please visit our website for details or call with any questions. 480-430-8033

Free shipping on complete kits!

www.gotpropane.com

Check us out on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/gotpropane?
Propane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 12:39 PM   #229 (permalink)

Member # 152317
So what happens to all of the stuff they found at his place during the search? Does it go back to him or to the original owners?

I definitely think it is civil case time.
rustwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 04:04 PM   #230 (permalink)

Member # 19323
after rereading that, I do not see anywhere that the internet fraud case got dismissed, just the bomb stuff, someone needs to call the investigater and see if they are still gonna go for that case or not, they did confiscate it and even returned some of it to the owner. There may still be a chance, otherwise I think the ones who got ripped off need to go after a civil case
RCrocs Class 3 Team #304
Fullsizexj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 04:24 PM   #231 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 85972
i like this part- "They can now get on with their very productive lives." what a joke.

last ticket i got was for not wearing my seat belt to go down the street 1/4 mile. cost me $300 which appears to be harsher than what these maggots got. fuck our justice system.

so what kind of criminal activities are these guys up to now?

Authorized Ruffstuff dealer- pm me for pirate discount and free shipping on orders over $100.

ADS Racing Shocks- I can save you money on those too!

Website http://hellfire-fabworks.com/
billybob13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 07:21 AM   #232 (permalink)

Member # 23047
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybob13 View Post
i like this part- "They can now get on with their very productive lives."
Yeah, not much respect for the lawyers....I realize a defense lawyer has a job to do, but to say this with a straight face like you mean makes me wonder who I have less respect for.....
Fishwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 03:50 AM   #233 (permalink)

Member # 145620
attorney

hi is there anyone that happend to know the name and phonenmumber for Mr Jeffrey`s attorney, iwould like to talk to him in person to see what solution Mr jeffrey have to this issue
stigaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 11:22 AM   #234 (permalink)

Member # 40375
Quote:
Originally Posted by stigaa View Post
hi is there anyone that happend to know the name and phonenmumber for Mr Jeffrey`s attorney, iwould like to talk to him in person to see what solution Mr jeffrey have to this issue
Don't know, but you can try his brother's attorney mentioned in the article. Don't know how cooperative he will be to give you that info.
---------------------------------

Attorney Detail
as of 09/03/2010

Registration Number: 4031142

JEFFREY KILE LAPHAM
JEFFREY K. LAPHAM, ESQ.
1835 5TH AVE
TROY, NY 12180-3349
United States
(518) 270-8254

Year Admitted in NY: 2002
Appellate Division Department of Admission: 3
Law School: WESTERN NEW ENGLAND
Registration Status: Currently registered
Next Registration: Mar 2012
Old 09-14-2010, 06:34 PM   #235 (permalink)

Member # 138271
Angry Anyone have legal experience?

Anyone have an idea about persuing this? Would it be better to file individually in small claims? I am having a very tough time letting this little bastard get the best of me.

By the way, what happened to the illegal firearms charges? He had unregistered handguns and nothing happened? Who the F is this assholes uncle for God's sake?
chefordiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 07:13 PM   #236 (permalink)

Member # 165966
Quote:
Originally Posted by chefordiac View Post
Anyone have an idea about persuing this? Would it be better to file individually in small claims? I am having a very tough time letting this little bastard get the best of me.

By the way, what happened to the illegal firearms charges? He had unregistered handguns and nothing happened? Who the F is this assholes uncle for God's sake?
due to the fact that the original search warrant was nullified nothing found could be used against them in any criminal proceedings.

sounds like they got off due to a clerical error. while no one like the fact that someone so obviously guilty got off, justice was indeed served. though fairness was not.
ratmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 11:11 PM   #237 (permalink)

Member # 77042
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratmonkey View Post
due to the fact that the original search warrant was nullified nothing found could be used against them in any criminal proceedings.

sounds like they got off due to a clerical error. while no one like the fact that someone so obviously guilty got off, justice was indeed served. though fairness was not.
I don't understand what you meant by the highlighted above statement... are you saying that justice as in 'the criminal system worked the way it should' or that the folks that were wronged were somehow made right by the criminal justice proceedings?
MrSammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 02:45 PM   #238 (permalink)

Member # 40375
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratmonkey View Post

Where did you see the search warrant was nullified? The news articles on the turtle case against the Pincher brothers said the defense attorney stated "search warrant had deficiencies" which doesn't necessary mean they toss out the evidence. A judge would have to decide that and this was a plead dead for the Pincher brothers. If if was nullified, then the Pincher brothers wouldn't have even had to plead to disorderly conduct.

Now back to Jeff, the articles only say he faces cases before two judges and the charges were dismissed. It is assumed they are the internet fraud case and the turtle case, but it really could be anything including a speeding ticket. It also doesn't say why it they were dismissed. For those that got scammed, the only thing to do is file a civil case against him at this point. You might try to talk to the DA there and make sure the criminal case is done with. Find out what happened with it and everything that was confiscated.
Old 01-30-2012, 06:08 AM   #239 (permalink)

Member # 138271
At it again I think

I believe that this is puke boy at it all over again! The location is very close to his old haunting grounds and some of his feedback responses sound like the old Jeff.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/LS1-LS6-Engi...item3f12c1d710
chefordiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 07:29 AM   #240 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 109328
Fraudualant seller item returned told it would be refunded yet no refund in 45 d

Member id darnornerygal ( Feedback Score Of 35)

Sep-10-11 19:37

Reply by my-efi (Sep-12-11 15:08):
No returns on Used Sex Toys. Seat Came Back Broken and Used. Disgusting!

Follow-up by darnornerygal (Sep-13-11 13:52):
BEWARE-Criminals trying to steal. Item unboxed + immediately returned. BEWARE!!!

"Used Sex Toys"........really?

Why are you selling "Sex Toys" in the first place would be the real question?
You don't need to take off the cover, just stick a screwdriver in that 50amp 240V plug under the panel while licking your fingers and touching the door of the panel. If your pecker rips through your jeans it's 3 phase.

Last edited by Ho Shorts; 02-02-2012 at 02:43 PM.
Ho Shorts is offline   Reply With Quote