Jeff Roberts / East Coast Engine WARNING !!!! potential FRAUD ALERT - Page 3 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Classifieds > Bad Sellers, Disputes, etc...
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2009, 01:59 PM   #51 (permalink)

Member # 24859
soda cans , pillow cases, and a banket, and fawk anyone whom does not hav ethe balls to defend themselves. At this point it is obvious that he is a cheap ass bastard and it is good that the NY DA is informed. You are aware that once the DA's office has recieved a complaint they must follow up so it is in everyones best interest to forward as much of this to the NY DA so that they won't just let it die with a phone call to the guy. If he has any tax evasion , licensing, sales tax issues that would generate income for the state I'm sure the DA would like all the evidence they can get because it aint shit until it means money tot he right people then shit gets done.

Big kudos to Camo for keeping this out there so it does not just go away.
Old 06-23-2009, 06:47 PM   #52 (permalink)

Member # 92155
I filed my complaint today. I'm in for fifty for someone to pay him a visit, and while you are there could you grab my harness
WhiteRubiCory is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2009, 11:01 PM   #53 (permalink)

Member # 137870
GOT ME ALMOST 2 YEARS AGO. Messed up a slew of computers and dragged 3 wiring harnesses I had for customers on for months and months. Recently ordered a throttle body off ebay (of course he was under a new name so i didn't realize it was him) and he F'ed me around for almost 2 months, it was supposed to be "1 day priority mail shipping". Check LS1tech.com, got some unsatisfied customers over there also. http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/conver...ert-fruad.html
lq9chevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 10:21 AM   #54 (permalink)

Member # 118119
I purchased a "Turn key Motor" from Jeff March 4th. I made the mistake of not looking in this section before doing so and now am in feel of being like the rest that have posted here.

I did recieve my motor (4 weeks later than promised) and my computer (one month after the moter) but am still waiting for the harness and a bill of sale for the motor. I was told I would recieve the motor 3 weeks after I ordered it and then the rest would come the following week.

When ever I actually can reach him, I'm always told he'll have it to me in a week. Its the same story everytime and it sounds like that's what he tells everyone. After countless unreturned phone calls and emails, I decided I'm not waiting any longer on this. Here is the email I sent him today and I'll let you guys know if I even hear back from him.

Email:
Jeff,

I take from your lack of response that I am going to end up like the many others out there waiting for their parts to show up. I have read many many bad things about you on different forums and I don't want this to carry on for 9 months or longer like others have.

I'd like to know if ALL of my remaining stuff will get shipped this week? If not, I would like a refund for what it will cost me to have someone else build me a harness in a timely manner. I have already been talking to Jim's Performance and they can have a harness to me in less than a week for 300.00. If I do not get a refund or my parts with in a week, I will pursue leagal matters against you like others have started to do.

I feel I have been very patient (almost too patient) and if I remember right, I was supose to get this harness and bill of sale 1 week after I recieved my engine. Well that has almost been 3 months ago, so I feel you have had plenty of time.

So the ball is in your court now. If I do not recieve my items by Tuesday June 30th. I will pursue my other option."
Old 06-24-2009, 11:07 AM   #55 (permalink)

Member # 69128
We ended just going to a salvage yard and picking up a harness off a truck, sent it to Jim's Performance to have it reworked. He received the harness on Monday, it was shipped out Thursday. Jim's the man. If you guys give up on Jeff, find a junkyard harness and send it to Jim.
[url]www.gulfcoastcrawlshop.com[/url]
Dave@JaviersAutos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 08:29 AM   #56 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 14529
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenks View Post
I purchased a "Turn key Motor" from Jeff March 4th. I made the mistake of not looking in this section before doing so and now am in feel of being like the rest that have posted here.

I did recieve my motor (4 weeks later than promised) and my computer (one month after the moter) but am still waiting for the harness and a bill of sale for the motor. I was told I would recieve the motor 3 weeks after I ordered it and then the rest would come the following week.

When ever I actually can reach him, I'm always told he'll have it to me in a week. Its the same story everytime and it sounds like that's what he tells everyone. After countless unreturned phone calls and emails, I decided I'm not waiting any longer on this. Here is the email I sent him today and I'll let you guys know if I even hear back from him.

Email:
Jeff,

I take from your lack of response that I am going to end up like the many others out there waiting for their parts to show up. I have read many many bad things about you on different forums and I don't want this to carry on for 9 months or longer like others have.

I'd like to know if ALL of my remaining stuff will get shipped this week? If not, I would like a refund for what it will cost me to have someone else build me a harness in a timely manner. I have already been talking to Jim's Performance and they can have a harness to me in less than a week for 300.00. If I do not get a refund or my parts with in a week, I will pursue leagal matters against you like others have started to do.

I feel I have been very patient (almost too patient) and if I remember right, I was supose to get this harness and bill of sale 1 week after I recieved my engine. Well that has almost been 3 months ago, so I feel you have had plenty of time.

So the ball is in your court now. If I do not recieve my items by Tuesday June 30th. I will pursue my other option."

Use a spoof dialer... It is nice for calling people who owe you money. If you can find out his home number that is even better. Let me explain. You dial his place of business. Spoof the caller ID to reflect his home number. Easy as that. Most of the spoof dialing services will allow you to record the phone call also.

Here is a link to the spoof dialer I use. http://www.spoofcard.com/

10 bucks gets you 60 minutes of talk time. Might be worth looking into. If anything it makes for a good phone as they sit there wondering how you are calling from their home or their girlfriends cell number. I recently called a guy who owes me a 1000 dollars from the Atlanta Police Departments number. He would not answer from any other number. He is from ATL. On the phone I told him to not call me back on that number as it was the ATL Police Department. HAHA... goodtimes.

Hope that helps some of you.

Dan

Blue Torch FabWorks, Inc.
205-521-7333

www.BlueTorchFab.com

"Like" us on Facebook!
www.facebook.com/bluetorchfab
BlueTorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 01:21 PM   #57 (permalink)

Member # 18748
I'm not too far away from him and drive past there about every other week. Does anyone have a current address for him? I could swing in and see if he is even at all legitimately trying to catch up on orders.

Last edited by bronko; 06-25-2009 at 01:22 PM.
bronko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 04:46 PM   #58 (permalink)

Member # 92155
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronko View Post
I'm not too far away from him and drive past there about every other week. Does anyone have a current address for him? I could swing in and see if he is even at all legitimately trying to catch up on orders.
That would be wicked if you did, cause its a bit of a drive for me.

The only address I know of is 851 Knox Cave RD, Altamont
WhiteRubiCory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 06:04 AM   #59 (permalink)

Member # 118119
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronko View Post
I could check my shipping reciept and see what address he put on there.

I also finally did get a reply back from my email and his response was:
"Im doing the harness and yes im busy as hell. Jeff"
Old 06-26-2009, 06:16 AM   #60 (permalink)

Member # 137995
Hi all, had to sign up so I could post to this thread. Just want to thank this board and all of you for saving me some serious grief. Was thinking real hard about buying a "turnkey" engine from this clown then stumbled accross this board and saw your feedback. THANK YOU!!! The good thing is I found a pretty kick a$$ board to get info, really like what I see based on reading a bunch of threads. Gonna put a 6.0L gen III/IV chevy engine into my '82 CJ7 to replace my '95 TBI 350. Any advice or thread links I should read? Thinking of going with Turnkey Engines out of Oceanside, CA now. Thanks again.
Jeep89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 07:54 AM   #61 (permalink)

Member # 137308
I finally had enough and contacted the http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx. I included the list of people that emailed me. I am also sending in my complaint to NY Attorney General with a copy of all my receipts http://www.oag.state.ny.us/bureaus/c...complaint.html. I had contacted a lawyer in Albany and he suggested The rockland county DA (Zugibe) has a new internet or white collar crime division. I filed with ic3. These are free. I will wait and if nothing comes of it I told lawyer that I would contact him. So after trying to help others, He send me this "Someone emailed me about what you were doing on the Internet. It wont go unnoticed." My reply is, not much of a threat. What are you going to do, not mail my property to me?
ls1done is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 07:57 AM   #62 (permalink)

Member # 137308
His blog

I forgat to add this link to his blog
http://wiringandpcmcustomers.blogspot.com/
ls1done is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 08:12 AM   #63 (permalink)

Member # 114944
Quote:
Originally Posted by ls1done View Post

Wow! What a cunt this guy is. I hope he gets what he has coming to him.....
Hung_Skowt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 04:15 PM   #64 (permalink)

Member # 138271
Roberts did it to me too

I found this thread while googling his name. He owes me a reprogrammed ECM and a wiring harness. I bought an engine off ebay from him and picked it up with the promise of 'I'll mail it to you when it is done'. I may have to pay him a visit since he lives nearby.

Can I be added to the list?
chefordiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 05:38 PM   #65 (permalink)

Member # 118475
Quote:
Originally Posted by ls1done View Post
For those of you he is referring to, I would save and print this. He is openly discussing destroying your property. Send a copy to the NY AG as well.
mikegronholz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 06:22 PM   #66 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 19763
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikegronholz View Post
For those of you he is referring to, I would save and print this. He is openly discussing destroying your property. Send a copy to the NY AG as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastEngines Blog View Post
I am blogging this so you may better understand the current situation. I have apporximately 40 wiring harness' and PCM's left to finish. I do plan on finishing all of them as soon as I can. Some of my customers have been doing some things they shouldnt be such as calling realtives or family members. I will let you know that I will not tolerate this. If you, who are disturbing someone other than me, keep doing this, there will be consequenses. I have found 1 person that I know of and another I do not know so far. Dont add yourself to the list. When I find out who you are, I will take you finished harness and cut it in half. I will take your PCM and drill a hole right through the middle. And then, I will send you the harness and PCM.
I don't think you have anything to worry about. He has to "finish" a harness before he cuts it in half.

Design full tube chassis in less than a couple of hours with the PRO

We are the developers of the Bend-Tech products.
651-257-8715 for sales and support

[URL=http://www.bend-tech.com[/URL]

10,000+ now using Bend-Tech
fabcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 12:35 PM   #67 (permalink)

Member # 127416
08-08

They have had my harness and computer sence 08-08 or there about I would have to look at my paypal to get an exact date. I have called a couple times after I found this thread but have got no call back yet. I would love any help I can get. Thanks
55STEPSIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 03:25 PM   #68 (permalink)

Member # 137995
He has changed user names on Ebay again, now using Turnkeymotors214

Link to his latest auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-2...A1%7C72%3A1171

just need $8k to be his next victim . . .
Jeep89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 06:25 PM   #69 (permalink)
Dinkerdoodledoo

Member # 10448
Send a message via Yahoo to Grendel
I'd love a Vette LS.

I'll bid on it and COD it. While there, I'll pick up all the computers and harness, too.

Last edited by Grendel; 07-06-2009 at 06:25 PM.
Grendel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 09:18 PM   #70 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 99723
You see on his ebay account how he bought a bunch of pictures for $1.00 to get his feedback score up. Really sad. I hope this gets resolved for all those involved
Moore87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 09:28 PM   #71 (permalink)

Member # 118620
Where's Chris at? I am sure his talents could be usefull here...
ErichB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 05:48 AM   #72 (permalink)
Stands to wipe.

Member # 81266
I asked this question to him on that auction:

"Do you gaurantee the harness will be ready in 2 weeks? I know MULTIPLE people who have sent you a harness a year ago or more, and haven't received theres back yet. You have stated on other venues that you are very backlogged from taking too many harnesses on at one time, yet you are still selling this service (accompanying this engine for example). Also, you have changed usernames multiple times. Is this to hide the old username, where people sent you harnesses or bought harnesses from you, and still haven't received them yet?"
Old 07-07-2009, 08:47 AM   #73 (permalink)

Member # 138271
Angry How do I get added to the list of complaints

Jeff has pulled the same shit on me. I purchased an LY6 with harness and computer in March. Still no computer or harness or computer. Is there a way to get on the complaint list?
Old 07-07-2009, 09:29 AM   #74 (permalink)

Member # 138271
Message to Jeff

I just posted a question to him about the following auction:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...id=p2759.l1259

Is there any chance I can get my computer and harness from the 1 mile LY6 I picked up at your house 3 months ago? Any chance you can call me to discuss the issue before I call the Attorney General??

Let's see if I get a response.
Old 07-07-2009, 07:30 PM   #75 (permalink)

Member # 138537
Jeffrey Robert/ East Coast Engines

Hi Gentlemen,

Let me introduce myself, I am an Investigator with the Albany County Sheriff’s Office in Albany, New York. I have received several complaints in reference to Jeffrey Robert of East Coast Engines throughout the Country. I have started a criminal investigation into Jeffrey Robert of East Coast Engines and would like to talk to anyone else that has been a victim. If you have any further information or have been a victim, I can be reached at (518)655-7809 or via email wrice@albanycounty.com.
Investigator Rice is offline   Reply With Quote