Jeff Roberts / East Coast Engine WARNING !!!! potential FRAUD ALERT - Page 8 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Classifieds > Bad Sellers, Disputes, etc...
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2009, 10:21 AM   #176 (permalink)
BootPartyCoordinator

Member # 111254
Good luck guys. I hope you all attend the hearing. I was one of many who got screwed by the USA6X6 guy. I was lucky enough to receive most of my stuff before he went under. I heard he went bankrupt the day I received my stuff minus one axle shaft I paid for but did not receive. I swallowed the $125and considered myself lucky to have gotten anything at all. When he gets out of jail you should alll have a reunion at his house as you club him to death like a baby seal -not that I condone that sort of thing
Old 12-23-2009, 08:32 AM   #177 (permalink)

Member # 130202
http://www.cbs6albany.com/news/alleg...r-bombers.html

(Copy/paste)

ALBANY -- Four men were arraigned Wednesday morning on charges they strapped a bomb to a turtle and set it off, killing the animal, according the Albany County District Attorney’s office.

Jeffery Robert, 24, Michael Robert, 22, Tyson Pincher, 26, and Seth Pincher, 17, all of Knox, pleaded not guilty and were continued on bail.

"Charges against additional defendants are forthcoming," according to DA spokeswoman Heather Streeter Orth.

During an investigation into suspected Internet auction fraud, officers found pipe bombs, an illegal handgun, a sawed-off firearm, illegal chemicals and other bomb making materials. They also found a video which depicts the turtle being blown up.

All four face charges of Criminal Possession of a Weapon in the Third Degree, a felony, and misdemeanors of Conspiracy in the Fifth Degree and Overdriving, Torturing, and Injuring an Animal.

Jeffrey and Michael face up to 7 years in prison.

Seth and Tyson face additional charges for possessing other bombs, according to the DA’s office. They face up to 14 years in prison.

Last edited by Duranged408; 12-23-2009 at 12:23 PM.
Duranged408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-2009, 02:40 PM   #178 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 24075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duranged408 View Post

During an investigation into suspected Internet auction fraud, officers found pipe bombs, an illegal handgun, a sawed-off firearm, illegal chemicals and other bomb making materials. They also found a video which depicts the turtle being blown up.

All four face charges of Criminal Possession of a Weapon in the Third Degree, a felony, and misdemeanors of Conspiracy in the Fifth Degree and Overdriving, Torturing, and Injuring an Animal.

Jeffrey and Michael face up to 7 years in prison.

Seth and Tyson face additional charges for possessing other bombs, according to the DA’s office. They face up to 14 years in prison.
He'll get more time out of this than any internet fraud charges.
big mudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 06:48 PM   #179 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 130003
By that account, it appears the internet fraud charges are secondary to the bombing/weapons charges.
Looks like all they need witnesses statements for is the P.C. to search, when they actually found the bad stuff !!!
Harold Phipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 09:53 PM   #180 (permalink)

Member # 11982
It would be cool if you all could do a video confrence call.
InstaGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 01:24 PM   #181 (permalink)

Member # 40375
They plead not guity to try to get the felony bomb charges with mandatory prison time down to a fireworks misdemeanor. I can't believe the brothers are flashing smiles at each other during the hearing.

http://www.timesunion.com/AspStories...storyID=881525

Quote:
Four men arraigned in turtle killing case
Two sets of brothers face variety of charges

By ROBERT GAVIN, Staff writer
Click byline for more stories by writer.

First published: Thursday, December 24, 2009

ALBANY -- Two sets of siblings who allegedly tortured a turtle in Knox -- killing the reptile in an explosion captured on videotape -- were arraigned Wednesday on felony weapon and misdemeanor animal cruelty charges in Albany County Court.
Jeffrey Robert, who turned 24 Wednesday, is charged in an eight-count indictment along with his brother, Michael Robert, 22, Tyson Pincher, 26, and his brother, Seth Pincher, 17, all of Knox.

Authorities say the defendants tortured the snapping turtle on Knox-Cave Road on March 1, then attached a pipe bomb to its back and watched the reptile explode.

A person with knowledge of the case said they nicknamed the animal "Victim." And police have earlier said the group asked at one point, "Do you think he knows he's about to die?"

The alleged abusers were rounded up in September as Albany County Sheriff's Department investigators searched the house of Jeffrey Robert, a suspect in an Internet scam case. The police found a videotape showing the turtle torture.

At the time, police said the suspects had been experimenting with different explosives and downloaded information about chemical bomb-making on the Internet.

As the defendants waited for their appearances before acting Supreme Court Justice Dan Lamont, the Roberts brothers sat near one another in the gallery -- at times flashing smiles. The pair face up to seven years in state prison on charges of third-degree weapon possession, conspiracy and torturing an animal.

The Pincher brothers face up to 14 years in prison because they allegedly possessed three more bombs that police found on Sept. 18.

All four pleaded not guilty.

Terence L. Kindlon, who represented the Pincher brothers at the arraignment, questioned whether the alleged explosives were bombs or firecrackers.

If the latter, he noted, it would be a fireworks misdemeanor case instead of a violent felony case that cannot be pleaded down without prison time.

"It is just really overreaching on the part of the D.A.'s office," said Kindlon, calling the indictment "overcharged, reckless and thoughtless," as well as "close to being insane."

In response, District Attorney David Soares issued a statement reading: "These young men are presumed innocent and Mr. Kindlon will have an opportunity to make his argument to a jury. As for this offices' decision to indict cases like this one? it's very simple: The idea of young men searching the Internet for instructions for building explosives and then constructing them is unsettling. The gall to then kill a small animal is cowardly and criminal."

The defendants are all free on bail.
wizard_Drd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 02:54 PM   #182 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 85972
free on bail? looks like there's still a chance for them to be set on fire, and a hero can put out the flames with a shotgun.

Authorized Ruffstuff dealer- pm me for pirate discount and free shipping on orders over $100.

ADS Racing Shocks- I can save you money on those too!

Website http://hellfire-fabworks.com/
billybob13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 07:47 AM   #183 (permalink)

Member # 138271
What a bunch of bullshit. I cannot believe that they cannot tie in fraud charges as well. WTF was all of the investigative work for?
chefordiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 02:39 PM   #184 (permalink)

Member # 36308
Was Jeff the one in possesion of the sawed off shotgun?
chromewontgetyouhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 03:04 PM   #185 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 19763
Quote:
Originally Posted by chefordiac View Post
What a bunch of bullshit. I cannot believe that they cannot tie in fraud charges as well. WTF was all of the investigative work for?
Where did you read that?

Design full tube chassis in less than a couple of hours with the PRO

We are the developers of the Bend-Tech products.
651-257-8715 for sales and support

[URL=http://www.bend-tech.com[/URL]

10,000+ now using Bend-Tech
fabcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 04:12 AM   #186 (permalink)

Member # 148954
This dirtbag must face prison time. If he doesnt then alot of people have lost alot of money,time,sleep, and alot of other things for this guy to just walk. It's just not right how some people get off without deserving what they need for screwing so many people over for fun it seems... very sad and I hope he gets Fawked!
mn840sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:45 PM   #187 (permalink)

Member # 36646
By the news report saying the brothers sat next to each other smiling while facing 7years in prison. Man they must have a good lawyer or they just dont give a f**k.
I would say they are trying them on the felony bomb charges first since they carry a hefty sentence, Then if they get off on some technocality they probably will pursue with round 2 with fraud case.

All in all doesnt seem right does it...They must be some wicked minded brothers to do that kinda shit.
zuking101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 02:22 PM   #188 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 19763
Quote:
Originally Posted by zuking101 View Post
By the news report saying the brothers sat next to each other smiling while facing 7years in prison. Man they must have a good lawyer or they just dont give a f**k.
I would say they are trying them on the felony bomb charges first since they carry a hefty sentence, Then if they get off on some technocality they probably will pursue with round 2 with fraud case.

All in all doesnt seem right does it...They must be some wicked minded brothers to do that kinda shit.

Again I don't see where the 2 cases are connected. To the best of my knowledge the DA is pursuing both cases separately.

They won't stop the fraud case if he is found guilty or not guilty on the turtle case.

Old 12-28-2009, 08:16 PM   #189 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 130003
No one has posted any information on the fraud charges AT ALL.
I sure hope they are still active following up on that, but by the news that has been posted, I see no evidence there is anything going on with the fraud case.
From what I have worked in L.E., it appears all they will use the fraud stuff for is to prove probable cause to do the search, that they then found the explosives.
Again, I hope I am wrong, but no one has posted anything that fraud charges are still pending, or any action is being taken on those charges at this time.
PLEASE someone post up information that proves me wrong !!!!!!
Old 12-29-2009, 06:33 AM   #190 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 19763
post #172 on 12/19/2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by stigaa View Post
I got email from DA last night and he could tell me that they trye to put the date for the trial at february 8, unfortunate i am working offshore until febraury 11 so it would be hard for me to meet at that date, so i asked if they could extend it like 1 week, because i said i am very interested to meet for the trial to testifie against him, since Mr Jeffrey had a profile on this site before i guess he is reading the coments about him, so i hope he read this note that i will be comming to USA all the way from Norway (Scandinavia) and testifye against him, so for other victims that have lost money to this scammer, contact Investigator Rice and offer your self to testifye agaisnt Mr Jeffrey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold Phipps View Post
No one has posted any information on the fraud charges AT ALL.
I sure hope they are still active following up on that, but by the news that has been posted, I see no evidence there is anything going on with the fraud case.
From what I have worked in L.E., it appears all they will use the fraud stuff for is to prove probable cause to do the search, that they then found the explosives.
Again, I hope I am wrong, but no one has posted anything that fraud charges are still pending, or any action is being taken on those charges at this time.
PLEASE someone post up information that proves me wrong !!!!!!

It sounds to me that the trial for the fraud case was set for Feb 8th prior to the turtle hearing last week.

Old 12-29-2009, 07:15 AM   #191 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 130003
I sure hope you are right !!!!!
Old 12-29-2009, 03:49 PM   #192 (permalink)

Member # 40375
Next date for the turtle case is January 28, 2010 for conferences.

stigaa, Jarrod Sanford is the DA for this case. Is that who contacted you about the fraud one also?

http://www.empirestatenews.net/News/20091224-7.html
Quote:
Alleged turtle terrorizers arraigned in county court

ALBANY – Four people, including a teen, who blew up a turtle, face felony and other charges in Albany County. Seth Pincher, 17, Tyson Pincher, 26, Jefferey Robert, 24, and Michael Robert, 22, all of Knox, NY were arraigned on one count of criminal possession of a weapon in the third degree, a class “d” felony, one count of each conspiracy in the fifth degree, overdriving, torturing, and injuring an animal, both misdemeanors.

Seth and Tyson Pincher additionally face a variety of felony and misdemeanor weapons counts

The indictment alleges that between March 1st, 2008 and September 30th, 2008, the defendants did possess an explosive bomb which they affixed to a turtle and detonated, killing the turtle.

Seth and Tyson Pincher face up to 14 years in prison. Jeffrey and Michael Robert face up to 7 years in prison.

All four plead not guilty and were continued on bail set in Town Court. Conferences are scheduled for January 28, 2010.

Assistant District Attorney Jarrod Sanford of the Major Crimes Unit is handling the prosecution of this case.
Some video of them at http://capitalnews9.com/capital-regi...ead-not-guilty
Old 12-30-2009, 05:56 AM   #193 (permalink)

Member # 145620
uppdate

Hi i have been in contact with Mr Jarrod regarding my case, and i will meet him in person next week to give my testimoni against Mr Jeffrey, i will also meet for the trial in February if needed, i also had to buy my self a new LS3 engine since the engine i did buy from MR Jeffrey can not be released before the case is closed, i already started frame off restauration and this moron will not stop my project that`s for sure, so it would be great if as many people as possible who have been victim of this scammer would offer them self to testifie against him
stigaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 06:55 PM   #194 (permalink)

Member # 138271
Any new news?

Anyone have any updates?
Old 01-31-2010, 03:36 PM   #195 (permalink)

Member # 124182
So how many people are going to make it to the fraud court date? Is it still set for the 8th?
IrkedCitizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 10:00 AM   #196 (permalink)

Member # 119356
so what happened in the turtle case?
bjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 04:39 PM   #197 (permalink)

Member # 40375
http://www.timesunion.com/AspStories...storyID=896583

Quote:
Turtle case deal rejected
Offer would have meant jail for 4 charged with blowing up animal

By ROBERT GAVIN, Staff writer
First published in print: Thursday, February 4, 2010

ALBANY -- Two sets of siblings from Knox charged with the videotaped explosion and killing of a turtle last year rejected plea bargains Wednesday that would have required they all spend time behind bars -- and cooperate against each other.

Authorities say the brothers tortured the snapping turtle on Knox Cave Road last March 1, then attached a pipe bomb to its back and watched the reptile explode. They face an eight-count indictment that includes weapons possession and animal cruelty charges.

If convicted, Tyson Pincher, 26, and his brother Seth Pincher, 17, now face up to 14 years in prison, while co-defendants Michael Robert, 22, and his brother Jeffrey Robert, 24, face up to 7 years.

On Wednesday, they turned down plea bargains that would have required Tyson Pincher, 26, to serve 11/3 to 4 years in prison on a third-degree weapon charge and animal cruelty. His brother and the Roberts brothers rejected similar offers requiring 1 to 3 years in prison for attempted weapon possession.

All would also have to admit to animal cruelty.

The plea offers, rejected before acting Supreme Court Justice Dan Lamont in Albany County Court, were immediately withdrawn.

The defendants were arrested in September when Albany County Sheriff's Department investigators searched the home of Jeffrey Robert, who was a suspect in an Internet scam case. That's when police found the videotape showing the turtle torture.

The group nicknamed the animal "Victim," according to a person with knowledge of the case. Police have previously said the group at one point asked, "Do you think he knows he's about to die?"

Police have said the group had been experimenting with various explosives and downloaded information from the Internet about chemical bomb-making. The Pincher brothers face more time than the Roberts siblings because they are accused of possessing three more bombs that police found on Sept. 18.

When the defendants were arraigned on Dec. 23, defense attorney Terence L. Kindlon, who represented the Pincher brothers, questioned whether the explosives allegedly used were actually bombs or firecrackers.

If firecrackers were involved, he said at the time, it would be a misdemeanor fireworks case instead of a violent felony case, which cannot be pleaded down without prison time. He called the indictment "close to being insane."

At the time, District Attorney David Soares responded, "As for this office's decision to indict cases like this one? It's very simple: The idea of young men searching the Internet for instructions for building explosives and then constructing them is unsettling. The gall to then kill a small animal is cowardly and criminal."

The four defendants remain free on bail.

Robert Gavin can be reached at 434-2403 or rgavin@timesunion.com.

Read more: http://www.timesunion.com/AspStories...#ixzz0ezjINI1y
Old 02-09-2010, 01:32 PM   #198 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 130003
So tell me again, how are they being convicted on the internet fraud charges???
Again, nothing in that news account has anything about the fraud charge, except that they used that as PC to enter the apartment and they found the other stuff,,,,,,,
All the charges they are facing now are for the "bombs" they made and detonated. All the internet fraud stuff is incidental to the bomb case at this time.
Again, I hope I am wrong,,,
Has anyone heard if the internet fraud case is moving forward also?
Old 02-09-2010, 05:20 PM   #199 (permalink)

Member # 43595
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold Phipps View Post
So tell me again, how are they being convicted on the internet fraud charges???
Again, nothing in that news account has anything about the fraud charge, except that they used that as PC to enter the apartment and they found the other stuff,,,,,,,
All the charges they are facing now are for the "bombs" they made and detonated. All the internet fraud stuff is incidental to the bomb case at this time.
Again, I hope I am wrong,,,
Has anyone heard if the internet fraud case is moving forward also?
A grand jury indicted Jeffrey Roberts on 8 counts of grand larceny by a large majority this morning. He had turned down at least one plea bargian offer before this indictment. The offer from the DA was full restitution to clients, and time spent in a boot camp type complex, which he refused. He will likely be offered a more severe plea bargain now or face trial by jury within the next few months.

Brandon
[COLOR=DarkOrange]Only by risking going too far, can you find out how far you can go.[/COLOR]
brbiggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 06:21 PM   #200 (permalink)

Member # 138271
Thanks all

Myself and several others had the chance to testify today. Thanks to all who traveled many miles to be heard! Hopefully Jeff figures out that we will not quietly go away.