aLLPRO OFFROaD - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Classifieds > Bad Sellers, Disputes, etc...
Notices

Closed Thread

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2009, 01:34 AM   #1 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 47304
aLLPRO OFFROaD

Posting this on behalf of my Dad, Chris Nieman.

He purchased a FJ Cruiser Bumper from allpro Offroad back in august 2008. Since being installed it has rusted at all the seams and paint flakes off. In the right light rust can been seen bubbling underneath allover it. These pictures were taken months ago and has since gotten much worse. Here is a series of events and steps taken to rectify the situation. (sorry the word format he typed it into isnt great.)

Item Date Event Comments
1 August 25, 2008 Purchased FJ Bumper Bumper was purchased over the internet and shipped to Vancouver $800

2 November 25,2008 Had installed by local garage Professionally done as suggested by Alpro

3 December 2008 Noticed rust and bubbling on bumper Pictures taken

4 February 2009 Called Allpro They said there was a quality problem with a batch of the bumpers and were warranting them, offered $200 compensation. They told me I should touch up with black paint and keep the money. I told them I wanted a new non defective replacement. They said no , I followed up with a letter.

5 March 3,2009 Sent letter Outlined my request for a new , Non defective bumper plus installation money to have it reinstalled.

6 March 31, 2009 Receive letter from Allpro Their letter said , we agree you were shipped an inferior bumper the manufacture is offering $200. get stuffed, you should put the bumper on yourself and we have credited your visa with the $200. Donít complain.

7 April 26,2009 I sent Allpro another letter, Mr Jon Bundrant My letter said, I do not want $200 and a defective bumper on my new FJ. I want either a new bumper plus reinstalling money or my $800 back. I indicated I did not think it was powder coated as advertised . I have had Visa reverse the credit they arbitrarily put on my account.

8 From April 26 to present Silence from Allpro. They have not responded to my last letter of April 26,2009. Great retailer and customer service. I would not recommend this retailer they are crooks who do not stand behind their merchandise.

9 June 9,09 Small Claims action I will be starting a small claims action against Allpro and Jon Bundrant in , Hemet Court, 880 North State street, Hemet , California

10 June 20, 2009 Allpro appears in Surrey BC I will be attending this show to ensure that customers know what kind of company Allpro is and they should not buy from them , there is lots of other retailers with a good reputation.

Here are the copies of his letters to them as well as there response.

1350 Cimarron Dr.,
Coquitlam ,
British Columbia
604-942-5457 Chris Nieman
Memo
To: Terry, at Alpro
CC:
Date: March 3, 2009
Re: FJ Bumper
Terry,
Further to our telephone conversation about the rust on my new bumper you indicated that the manufacturer has admitted that they had a quality and performance problem with a group of bumpers including mine. The attached pictures show that there is an obvious problem with the paint and sealant.
My bumper was purchased on your internet site August 25/08. I had it installed November 08 by a local garage and I noticed it rusting in December 2008. I then called All-Pro to request a warranty claim as the bumper was not performing up to the implied standards.
I had this bumper installed on a new 2008 FJ by a local garage at a cost of $180. I have attached an estimate from a local garage to take off the bumper, send it for repainting and then reinstall at a cost of $627.20 [Canadian $$]
Your offer of $200 is unacceptable as I expect your product to operate properly and I am not prepared to incur any more cost to get me to the position that I would be at if your product performed properly and up to implied standards. The reason I purchased from you over the internet was your good reputation with my son and his friends.
I see that March is FJ Cruiser month at Alpro so please fulfill mine, youíve got some really great testimonials on you web site , I hope I can add to them.
I expect you to stand behind and support your product and make me whole. Instead of adding to the value, your bumper now devalues my Toyota. Your offer of $200 is a pathetic joke in light of my out of pocket costs , vehicle devaluation plus the time I must now spend solving your poor quality problem. You can pay the garage directly if you wish.

Yours truly ,

Chris Nieman

Since this point allpro has made no response...Here are the pics of the faulty Bumper/Paint. as I mentioned earlier it has gotten a lot worse since the pics.

Hopefully this will get there attention, as the issue isn't going away.
mdogg is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2009, 08:13 AM   #2 (permalink)
Damn this hangnail!

Member # 93719
Did this transaction take place over the intardnet VIA- Pirate4x4?

If not, you suck as much as that bumper!
ElLizard is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2009, 09:23 AM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 114944
could be worse...

Sucks to hear, but at least they are willing to do something for you... $200 should be enough to get the bumper cleaned up and re-powder coated at least. Just re-install it yourself. I helped my buddy install the same exact bumper, it's pretty straight-forward.
Hung_Skowt is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2009, 09:43 AM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 102027
Serious?

Industry standard, NO ONE covers labor to install/remove, etc. Just their own product. For 200 you can easily get that sand blasted, and coated, maybe even cover install too.

200 for paint is a HUGE reimbursement, since the original coating probably cost them 50.
Cornfused is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2009, 10:46 AM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 34860
I have also had more bad experiances with Allpro than I care to remember. It sucks to because when I got into this hobby, I really looked up his work (red nub, tiny, truggy etc...) but they were always dicks to me.
Old 06-05-2009, 11:23 AM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 71096
Every reason they listed for giving you $200 to get it fixed is justified.

I'd be happy with their offer.
IslanderOffRoad is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2009, 11:31 AM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 64312
Take the $200 foo
SCTaco is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2009, 02:38 PM   #8 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 12647
Send a message via MSN to TruckTrader
While it may be an inconvenience to remove the bumper yourself, I think it was a pretty generous of All Pro to offer you $200 to get it powder coated again. They didn't make the bumper, they just sell it. And they stood behind it and proactively credited your card. I really don't see the problem here and I would be happy if most companies would back up their products like they did. Also, because you didn't buy this through pirate you shouldn't be posting it up here anyway.

Besides, if he wheeled that thing like he was supposed to it would be scratched up and need touch up paint anyway! Now go over there and help your dad unbolt his bumper and fix it.

Formula Toyota #034
TruckTrader is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2009, 03:10 PM   #9 (permalink)
MC
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 21997
Send a message via Yahoo to MC
Quote:
1 August 25, 2008 Purchased FJ Bumper Bumper was purchased over the internet and shipped to Vancouver $800

2 November 25,2008 Had installed by local garage Professionally done as suggested by Alpro

3 December 2008 Noticed rust and bubbling on bumper Pictures taken

4 February 2009 Called Allpro They said there was a quality problem with a batch of the bumpers and were warranting them, offered $200 compensation. They told me I should touch up with black paint and keep the money. I told them I wanted a new non defective replacement. They said no , I followed up with a letter.

5 March 3,2009 Sent letter Outlined my request for a new , Non defective bumper plus installation money to have it reinstalled.

6 March 31, 2009 Receive letter from Allpro Their letter said , we agree you were shipped an inferior bumper the manufacture is offering $200. get stuffed, you should put the bumper on yourself and we have credited your visa with the $200. Don’t complain.

7 April 26,2009 I sent Allpro another letter, Mr Jon Bundrant My letter said, I do not want $200 and a defective bumper on my new FJ. I want either a new bumper plus reinstalling money or my $800 back. I indicated I did not think it was powder coated as advertised . I have had Visa reverse the credit they arbitrarily put on my account.
8 From April 26 to present Silence from Allpro. They have not responded to my last letter of April 26,2009. Great retailer and customer service. I would not recommend this retailer they are crooks who do not stand behind their merchandise.

9 June 9,09 Small Claims action I will be starting a small claims action against Allpro and Jon Bundrant in , Hemet Court, 880 North State street, Hemet , California

10 June 20, 2009 Allpro appears in Surrey BC I will be attending this show to ensure that customers know what kind of company Allpro is and they should not buy from them , there is lots of other retailers with a good reputation.

You live in BC dont you guys use a ton of salt on the road? I know they stated it was a defective finish but really its a bumper...repaint it. In the big bad world of offroad whats a little paint? Did they warrantee the finish in writing when you bought it? If not getting $200 is one hell of a deal. If they did then tell them to stuff it. Your dad wants to bring it to small claims court? On top of that publicly state he iwll go out of his way to slander the company? In your dads defense they did state powder coating so maybe it is their fault that it is NOT powder coated and therefor defective. I would say Allpro could take it back but that would be going above and beyod and continuing on a rampage againt them is not a good idea.

Fully machined components
We own the MFG process, click me
.................................................. .........

American Motors Engine HERE!!
TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689
MC is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2009, 03:34 PM   #10 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 47304
ok,

ill get my dad to respond to this when he is in but here is my take.

The bumper was not powder coated properly(if it even is powder coating) in the first place. ie. product did not come as advertised.

When the first call was placed he was told that most people just took the 200$ and used the touchup paint. This doesnt work when the whole thing is peeling apart. He doesnt care about 200$ extra in his pocket when the bumper looks like crap.

The aftermarket skidplates on it that are powder coated and heavily scratched show no signs of rust/peeling like this thing. Its not from road salts ect. Probly more to do with the climate factor here but thats also not an excuse. Just because it is meant to be used offroad and it is, it's no excuse for the product to fail as has.
Old 06-05-2009, 04:10 PM   #11 (permalink)
MC
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 21997
Right and I see there is a logo that is held in there with some rivots. Worse comes to worse they dont take it back and he is stuck sending it out for powder coat and wastes a few hours.

TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689
Old 06-05-2009, 04:30 PM   #12 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 12647
Send a message via MSN to TruckTrader
The court of public opinion

If you spent your time unbolting a bumper instead of fighting this pointless battle you'd be done by now

Formula Toyota #034
TruckTrader is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2009, 04:54 PM   #13 (permalink)

Member # 89000
That sucks but AllPro isnt in the powdercoat business. They tried to make it right. I would pull the bumper off and have it powder coated. Your dad wont have the $200 in his pocket if he takes it to a proper shop for powder coating. Quit your complaining and start wrenching.
Old 06-05-2009, 05:39 PM   #14 (permalink)

Member # 51641
Try not to get any sand in your vagina when you change out that bumper

Last edited by WebWheeler; 06-05-2009 at 05:59 PM.
WebWheeler is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2009, 05:48 PM   #15 (permalink)

Member # 104837
Send a message via AIM to XZettle
That is indeed powder coated, the problem is that it is one of two things..

1. They did not prep it appropriately
or
2. In the coating process they did not coat appropriately through the cycle.

I have a bumper I bought through a seller on here which had the same problem. (Although I didn't bitch because I live in PA which is rust centeral)

The bumper is at the blasting place right now for $50.00 to blast and the powder coater gave me a quote of $75.00 to get it powder coated.

$200.00 bucks sounds like a good deal, you should be happy they offer you anything in this sh1tty economy. Take the $$$ and run with it, it is only a bumper you have to take off, its not like rebuilding a tranny.
XZettle is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2009, 05:55 PM   #16 (permalink)

Member # 19967
what 4 bolts maybe 6? pull that bitch off there prep it yourself and just paint it and reinstall. touch up as neccesary down the road. you should be more than happy with $200
KYOTA is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2009, 05:58 PM   #17 (permalink)
MC
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 21997
You guys might not know all the details of his father. It could be that he doesnt have the ability to pull the bumper off and take the rivets out of the logo and blast and powder coat it and install it for $200. If it states it is powder coated it should have been. All the rest is just BS.

If they didnt state a certain finish they wouldnt have to warrantee anything. Not that its ANY of my business but that does not appear to be powder coated.

TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689
Old 06-05-2009, 06:01 PM   #18 (permalink)

Member # 51641
Why doesn't the son help take it off? And why post here when it's not PBB related? He should read the rules before posting.
WebWheeler is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2009, 06:23 PM   #19 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 21320
It looks like the powdercoat wasnt cured properly.

mdogg if it comes down to getting a repaint send me a PM. My family owns a powdercoating shop in PortKells. The sandblasting usually is expensive when your taking of P/C but yours might not bad since the paint is crappy

http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=970111
BCzuk is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2009, 07:55 PM   #20 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 47304
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebWheeler View Post
Why doesn't the son help take it off? And why post here when it's not PBB related? He should read the rules before posting.
How is it not? allpro is a vendor here and there ads and press releases for the bumpers on it. I dont think allpro is willing to do much else? If this type of experience had been posted by a previous allpro customer I would not have recommended my dad purchase this bumper from them.

I understand the stop whining response and it was the expected ppb response, but why is it his problem(cost/time) to uninstall and reinstall a bumper he already installed when the product is faulty.

If anything this will at least act a testament to the products allpro sells.
Old 06-05-2009, 08:05 PM   #21 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 58929
Agree with the majority, hell for $200 you can probably have a shop pull the bumper and then paint/powdercoat......bad product ships all the time, at least they are trying to take care of it........

www.jpcooler.com
RokNRich is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2009, 09:56 PM   #22 (permalink)

Member # 136975
I dont have the time, wrenches or ability , plus the warranty clearly states that allpro will replace the defective goods and they are not disputing it is defective.
chris Nieman is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2009, 10:01 PM   #23 (permalink)

Member # 136975
Dear confused, I dont consider this bumper an income generator . My day job provides me with other income so that I can pay people to install things plus I pay for plumbers to install hot water tanks ect. So I dont instal my own bumpers. Their warranty clearly states they will replace the bumper. So buck up allpro.
Old 06-05-2009, 10:03 PM   #24 (permalink)

Member # 136975
Im just asking allpro to honor their published warranty.
Old 06-05-2009, 10:06 PM   #25 (permalink)

Member # 136975
Islander, you and I disagree as to what I deem acceptable in a transaction. I contracted with Allpro for a product and performance , they have admitted the bumper is not performing so I expect them to honor their warranty. I will not be used as a door mat.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.