b_erickson_00 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Classifieds > Bad Sellers, Disputes, etc...
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2009, 03:27 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 27712
b_erickson_00

**********Brad has completed the deal and I now have my maps! Thanks Pirate!!!!!!************************************** ***

At the beginning of April, I purchased a GPS unit from Brad Erickson to replace the unit I lost during the KOH race. It was supposed to be NIB(it was in new condition) with all factory accessories (manuals/cords), as well as a set of Garmin TOPO maps. He indicated that the buyer could chose what maps they wanted, and he would send them promptly. I supplied him with the part number for the maps, and he said it wouldn't be a problem. He states in his thread "it should take a week or two, tops..."

I recieved a package with the actual GPS, although there was no box, manuals, cords, or maps. I contacted Brad and he said he would send the rest of the items when he got the maps. It has now been almost 10 weeks. I have sent a number of PMs to him, and he refuses to respond, although his profile says he has been active on Pirate. While he has been very cordial, I don't appreciate the lack of response. The last PM I sent simply askd him to take the time to let me kow what is going on. I've been very patient/understanding, but I have grown tired of the lack of communication.

Here is the link to the thread...

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showt...769&highlight=

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_erickson_00 View Post
Never been used, only turned on a few times to see if it works and drove around in the car to watch "me" move.

This thing is pretty sweet. I got it as a gift along with a gift card for a topo ... i havent ordered the topo so i can order whatever one YOU want and send it once i get it. I dont think the card is transferable so i will have to get it myself. Should take a week or 2 tops.

I have the box, directions, cd and computer cord somewhere. Currently moving but will find them before the sale.

320.00 shipped in the cont. US.

not one scratch on the screen on unit.

also has a belt clip attachment, and lanyard.
WATERPROOF

pics available but i promise thing is PERFECT condition.
Will trade up or down on it.
Need Zuk stuff.
beadlocks for yots
37-39 tires
longfields and other yota axles goodies
airshocks
winch
let me know
All I want is the the box/cords/manuals and the maps...

Brad, please send them and contact me ASAP. I didn't see this deal turning out like this, and I'd like to get it resolved!!!

Last edited by rsqne1; 07-29-2009 at 05:14 PM.
rsqne1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 10:09 AM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 27712
Come on Brad...do the right thing!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2009, 01:24 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 27712
Made a phone call to Dad, but had to leave a message...we'll see if he can motivate Brad into making this right!!!
Old 06-28-2009, 08:33 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 138127
I have also recently had issues with a purchase from Brad. Bought his Camera he had 4sale. Never mentioned it was reconditioned and I never received a charger, which renders the camera useless. I had to buy a charger at BestBuy for $60 just so my daughter could start her 4H project. She now only has 3 weeks to complete them. Many emails and phone calls and no response. His phone is off and states he is not receiving calls for the last 4 days.

How did you get ahold of his dad?
dmax4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 11:29 AM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 96322
resolved

First off the GPS is resolved. I was in the middle of moving so nate it would be great if you could delete this....

I got Nate a new card from a vendor who had one in stock vs waiting longer for the backordered one.

Nate and I have been in touch

**as far as the camera. I told you what was all in that bag. I thought there was a charger there. I am looking for the charger now. But as i said i moved from CO-MN so things are everywhere.

The listing for the camera doesnt show a charger. I simply went through the bag and listed everything in there.

I dont feel obligated to get you a charger but i will buy one if i cant find my original charger

**thanks nate for understanding. Truley a stand up guy

Brad
Old 07-17-2009, 09:05 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 138127
Today is the 17th with yet no more replies from Brad. He asked for some information and I gave it to him and haven't heard back. No it wasn't listed in the ad, I assumed that it is a common item and would be included. No where on the ad did it state the camera was "reconditioned" either. Also If you read the ad it says "2 battery stock and 1 i got off eBay." I read that as 3 batteries total. I could be reading that wrong but I still don't see here where it says reconditioned:

Ill keep it short and simple. Email or PM for pics. bradley.erickson@western.edu
Camera has less then 200 clicks on it. Lenses about 100 each.

-camera case to hold all this
-Rebel XT EOS silver
-Canon 18-55 mm lense
-Canon 75-300 mm lense
-4gb card
-2 battery stock and one i got off ebay
-All the manuals
-5 different filters

This was pulled from the The Pirate page which is now closed. My original post was to warn about poor communication and A lack of information on the ad. I have all my emails and nowhere does it state he moved.

I also think it is up to RSQNE1 to post that it is resolved with Brad. If you Post a complaint if it is resolved that poster should be the one saying it, not the defendant.

I've moved on and accepted that this transaction was flawed. My daughter loves the camera and that is all that matters to me now. Live and learn, and buyer beware.
Old 07-18-2009, 09:20 AM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 27712
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmax4fun View Post
I also think it is up to RSQNE1 to post that it is resolved with Brad. If you Post a complaint if it is resolved that poster should be the one saying it, not the defendant.

I've moved on and accepted that this transaction was flawed. My daughter loves the camera and that is all that matters to me now. Live and learn, and buyer beware.
I will update this thread if/when my maps show up. I believe Brad is working to resolve it, and I'll give him a few more days. I've also accepted that this is a very flawed transaction! We're now four months past original purchase, and this WILL be finshed, one way or the other, very shortly!!!

Nate
Old 07-20-2009, 06:44 PM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 12454
Send a message via AIM to TatonkaII
I dont want to get in this, but this doesnt make any sense:

Quote:
**as far as the camera. I told you what was all in that bag. I thought there was a charger there..... I simply went through the bag and listed everything in there.
Old 07-20-2009, 09:23 PM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 55884
Send a message via AIM to Blazer707
guessing he imagined the camera in the bag so listed it? idk
Old 07-20-2009, 09:38 PM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 96322

The company i got the card from wouldnt ship to Nates address, so they are shipping it to mine and then im shipping it to him.

As far as the camera, there was a bunch of stuff in the bag and when i was listing it all to sell I took things out the bag--one by one-- and typed them down to show EVERYTHING that was for sale. I do have a charger for the camera but i cant find it. Im sure its somewhere in a plug-in or got lost. However i dont feel like i should have to buy a charger when it wasnt listed, but i am working on getting him one.

I just moved from CO-MN and things are scattered

thanks again for your patience you should have a PM and a email or 2
Brad
Old 07-28-2009, 07:20 PM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 138127
I am assuming the email or PM was to be to me being that the last thing he was talking about was the camera. It is now the 28th with no more response.

Nate, any news on your front?
Old 07-29-2009, 05:13 PM   #12 (permalink)

Member # 27712
Update..........

The maps showed up this week while I was out of town. Brad has followed through on the deal and we are square!!!! It took a while, but he made it right!!!
Old 08-07-2009, 05:27 AM   #13 (permalink)

Member # 138127
Im glad he finally got you covered.

I wouldnt even be so pissed about not getting a charger if he would have told me this camera was a refurb before we made a deal.

Buyer beware I guess. If you buy anything from people online I guess you have to ask every imaginable question to avoid getting screwed.
Old 08-14-2009, 03:46 PM   #14 (permalink)

Member # 138127
Still no response from Brad. I will keep this updated until I hear from him. In an email to me he said give me the number and I will get one off ebay. I gave him the battery number and no response. I am not trying to be a jerk. This is strictly to warn others about him. My main problem about the whole deal was the fact that he didnt inform me we were getting a refurbished camera. My understanding was that this was a "new" camera with just a couple hundred pics taken with it.

Be careful dealing with Brad and ask a lot of questions.
Old 08-26-2009, 03:55 PM   #15 (permalink)

Member # 138127
Quote:
First off the GPS is resolved. I was in the middle of moving so nate it would be great if you could delete this....

I got Nate a new card from a vendor who had one in stock vs waiting longer for the backordered one.

Nate and I have been in touch

**as far as the camera. I told you what was all in that bag. I thought there was a charger there. I am looking for the charger now. But as i said i moved from CO-MN so things are everywhere.

The listing for the camera doesnt show a charger. I simply went through the bag and listed everything in there.

I dont feel obligated to get you a charger but i will buy one if i cant find my original charger

**thanks nate for understanding. Truley a stand up guy

Brad

Ok, so here I am told I'm getting a charger. Never heard from him yet, its been another week and a half with no communication.
Old 09-12-2009, 06:53 PM   #16 (permalink)

Member # 138127
9-12-09 No new news. Be aware of this seller.
Old 10-11-2009, 02:52 PM   #17 (permalink)

Member # 138127
10-11-09 Update: Beware of this guy. Ask many questions and dont pay in full up front. No new news.