Portal Tek warning - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Classifieds > Bad Sellers, Disputes, etc...
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2009, 12:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Member # 14006
Portal Tek warning

This was posted in another folder and I am repeating it here so folks can find it. This is about Portal Tek taking money and never delivering anything but one excuse after another.

Just to keep everyone filled in and eliminate any guess work. I got a PM from Jim at Portal Tek in response to the message above saying they has sent me emails explaining their poor financial condition and that they could not make any head way towards repayment. While that may be believable to some I've heard this sort of thing before. They also had my phone number and they also could have PMd me here. They didn't so apparently Portal Tek wasn't all that sincere in making a real effort to keep me abreast of the situation, email or not.

This saga began a few years ago. Basically they took a substantial sum of money, $5000 to be exact and never delivered a product of any kind. All I got was a long long sting of one story after another. That was years ago and while the current management made a commitment to me a couple of months ago to repay me after I stuck my head up here, I haven't seen one red cent nor have I heard from them since.

Just so you all know, after giving them a fair shot at correcting the situation, god knows they have had ample time, I am now suggesting that anyone contemplating doing business with Portal Tek do it strictly on a COD basis. Advance Portal Tek no money whatsoever, if you do, you may never see anything from it.

I am now starting to hear from others that they are currently in the very same dilemma as I and that their deal originated long after mine got underway. A down payment, deposit, first payment whatever followed by a long string of excuses etc. etc. etc. This is a becoming an all too familiar MO with them to be a real company intent on delivering on their promises.
Real businesses get their financing by taking on financial partners, getting loans from banks, taking a second on their house etc. They do not do it at the market's expense and without the customer's knowledge. The law has a term for that and the term is fraud whether or not it may have been intentional and planned from the start. However, in my case $5K simply isn't enough to pursue in either the criminal or civil courts. All I can do is try to see to it that others aren't taken is as well.

Yellow star or not, do not trust these people with your money. The money they used to buy their yellow star actually belonged to others like myself and it will be yours too if you give it to them.

You've all been warned. So I fell I have done my duty to the wheeling community and my concience is clear. At least it has to be clearer than theirs.

If this message is deleted I will continue to let others know on other boards not to let themselves be cheated and stolen from as I fell I have. I will also attempt to get others to repeat the same warning here and elsewhere. If it is deleted it will be an indication of what this board truly values and that would be income over the interests of the wheeling community and readership. I will post a copy of this in the bad sellers folder.

If by some miracle they do make restitution, I will post a retraction every bit as public as this. In fact, I would be happy to and would much rather have that happen.

While some say I am an asshole, at least I always strive to be fair whether or not you think I am a mean old man. I don't think it at all unfair for me to ask for repayment of the $5000 after this much time has elapsed and having received nothing but one excuse after another.
Dickfoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 01:05 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 124547
5 grand is a chunk of change and several YEARS is a long go... every right to be slightly heated.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-2009, 01:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

Member # 14006
As I have said before, I more or less wrote it off as a lesson in life a long time ago and I should have know better than to do that in the first place. But I am not going to be cheated out of it again or stand by and not say anything while they pull the same stunt on other unsuspecting folks. That just would not be the right thing to do on my part.
If they had curled up and died that would have been OK but to say they are going to pay me then start telling me the same line of bullshit all over again is just too much to put up with. This time they are either going to pay up or that busness will die off for good before I quit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dook View Post
5 grand is a chunk of change and several YEARS is a long go... every right to be slightly heated.

Last edited by Dickfoster; 12-15-2009 at 01:54 PM.
Old 12-15-2009, 02:52 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 3935
Any links to threads, websites ect?
BTW, your are being a Dick. Dick Foster that is.
Old 12-15-2009, 03:21 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 56006
So was this a deal thru PBB????

Myself I would have man up and suck a dick, pretty sure I couldn't make out with a dude.[/QUOTE]
JoshTurner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 03:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Member # 21948
I always feel like the devils advocate in this forum, but...

If you're posting here, it had better be PBB related. You had also better have worked or tried to work with the seller before posting here.

Link to the original thread in your dispute thread. If the thread was deleted please PM SanDiegoCJ or myself and we will restore the thread and lock it so it cannot be deleted.

If it's a vendor issue you had better given them some time to make things right. Parts get back ordered and the UPS guy loses stuff. We are here to help but we can't make parts magically appear!

If it is PBB related, it had better be 100% factual. Get caught lying here and you could be Wenzeled.

Just the facts... no opinions, no he said, she said.

This post seems to go against all of the rules, but maybe I am missing something??

Dane

SEE WHAT THE HYPE IS ALL ABOUT:
http://www.facebook.com/hooliganrockcrew

I WILL TRY BEING NICER IF YOU TRY BEING SMARTER.

FU JS FU KS FU RTF FU FOTR FU DA FU RMK
dane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 03:50 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

Member # 14006
Maybe you should even read the thread before shooting your mouth off.

It's all very factual just look, in the thread in the other folder. I don't owe you any damn explanations but it's all laid out and yes it is all very factual. Even agreed to and fully admitted by Portal Tek now.

I am simply warning people not to allow themselves to be taken. In case you missed it, that is the very point of this folder, bozo.

I have also paid $5000 for the privilege, now what have you paid to run your mouth about it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dane View Post
I always feel like the devils advocate in this forum, but...

If you're posting here, it had better be PBB related. You had also better have worked or tried to work with the seller before posting here.

Link to the original thread in your dispute thread. If the thread was deleted please PM SanDiegoCJ or myself and we will restore the thread and lock it so it cannot be deleted.

If it's a vendor issue you had better given them some time to make things right. Parts get back ordered and the UPS guy loses stuff. We are here to help but we can't make parts magically appear!

If it is PBB related, it had better be 100% factual. Get caught lying here and you could be Wenzeled.

Just the facts... no opinions, no he said, she said.

This post seems to go against all of the rules, but maybe I am missing something??

Dane
Old 12-15-2009, 03:53 PM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

Member # 14006
Gee that's real original, I've never heard that one before. Don't quit your day job, you'd starve trying to cut it as a comedian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernfriedcj8 View Post
Any links to threads, websites ect?
BTW, your are being a Dick. Dick Foster that is.
Old 12-15-2009, 04:48 PM   #9 (permalink)
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Member # 21948
Wow, okay I read your post and it doesnt really tell me anything, do you have a link to the other folder you speak of?? EDIT: I went back and read the original "folder" Super 14 Bolt thread. I think we shoud take up a collection and once we get your $5k back we can pay you to STFU. That is all.

Dane

Last edited by dane; 12-15-2009 at 05:21 PM.
Old 12-15-2009, 04:48 PM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 7233
Send a message via AIM to Wilson
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshTurner View Post
So was this a deal thru PBB????
The promise to repay was made here on the PBB, in the 14 bolt thread....seems PBB related to me and they are a vendor here.
Old 12-15-2009, 05:17 PM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 19077
I have never met the Dick, but from what I gather he is a man of his word!
Max Volume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 06:46 PM   #12 (permalink)
Banned

Member # 14006
If you come by any money, don't send it to me. You need much worse that I do. You need it to have a proctologist remove your head from your ass. I don't think insurance normally covers procedures like that.

Quote:
Wow, okay I read your post and it doesnt really tell me anything, do you have a link to the other folder you speak of?? EDIT: I went back and read the original "folder" Super 14 Bolt thread. I think we shoud take up a collection and once we get your $5k back we can pay you to STFU. That is all.

Dane
Old 12-15-2009, 11:20 PM   #13 (permalink)
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Member # 21948
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dickfoster View Post
If you come by any money, don't send it to me. You need much worse that I do. You need it to have a proctologist remove your head from your ass. I don't think insurance normally covers procedures like that.
Mr. Foster, I apologize, I should not have stuck my nose in your business as you are obviously just trying to keep people from being in your situation with this company. Please disregard all of my previous posts on this matter (I dont want to delete them it will make it difficult to understand this post).

I am 100% out of this.

Sincerely,

Dane

Old 12-15-2009, 11:37 PM   #14 (permalink)

Member # 103610
Send a message via AIM to jeep937
Quit being dicks guys. This guy is out some g's after years. It's a vendor and a member on here.
jeep937 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 06:10 AM   #15 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 3511
The biggest warning here is that apparently Portal tech is currently incapable of coming up with 5K?

What person in their right mind would now send money to a company that close to being out of business?
oldjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 08:33 AM   #16 (permalink)
Banned

Member # 14006
Apology accepted. No sweat, that's just what life is, a series of learning from mistakes. BTW You can call me Dick. Mr. Foster is my dad. LOL

Quote:
Mr. Foster, I apologize, I should not have stuck my nose in your business as you are obviously just trying to keep people from being in your situation with this company. Please disregard all of my previous posts on this matter (I dont want to delete them it will make it difficult to understand this post).

I am 100% out of this.

Sincerely,

Dane
Old 12-16-2009, 08:35 AM   #17 (permalink)

Member # 118370
[Rant]
The previous owner of PortalTek got the cash, the new owner (Jim) is trying to make good on it. (Liabilities of the previous owner aren't necessarily part of a buy/sell transaction.) A five year old transaction certainly would not have been on the books as a current liability.

Given that the original deal was made in 2004(?), the offer to make Dickfosters whole was clearly an effort to try to do the right thing. But with Dickfosters' smear campaign on this and the 14B threads, the new owner at PortalTek will get diddly squat for his $5K of "good will" other than an end to the blackmail campaign.

This should have been settled years ago, and if Dickfosters can't wait for the new owner to get his head above water to send a $5K cookie, he ought to take it up with the previous owner who took the cash and failed to ship the part. [/Rant]
Old 12-16-2009, 01:08 PM   #18 (permalink)

Member # 103610
Send a message via AIM to jeep937
When you buy a business you accept all liability. IMO, PT needs to make it right. Just say Danny fuck of 6x6 sold his company...
jeep937 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 01:26 PM   #19 (permalink)

Member # 118370
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep937 View Post
When you buy a business you accept all liability. IMO, PT needs to make it right. Just say Danny fuck of 6x6 sold his company...
Actually, you don't, unless it's written into the buy/sell agreement and is disclosed at the time of the sale.
Old 12-16-2009, 02:25 PM   #20 (permalink)
Banned

Member # 14006
And just were is your dog in this fight, fuckstick. Want to put some money down or just run your stupid mouth and prove how damn stupid you are.

It's none of your fucking business, asshat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF-J View Post
[Rant]
The previous owner of PortalTek got the cash, the new owner (Jim) is trying to make good on it. (Liabilities of the previous owner aren't necessarily part of a buy/sell transaction.) A five year old transaction certainly would not have been on the books as a current liability.

Given that the original deal was made in 2004(?), the offer to make Dickfosters whole was clearly an effort to try to do the right thing. But with Dickfosters' smear campaign on this and the 14B threads, the new owner at PortalTek will get diddly squat for his $5K of "good will" other than an end to the blackmail campaign.

This should have been settled years ago, and if Dickfosters can't wait for the new owner to get his head above water to send a $5K cookie, he ought to take it up with the previous owner who took the cash and failed to ship the part. [/Rant]
Old 12-16-2009, 02:53 PM   #21 (permalink)

Member # 140945
Quote:
And just were is your dog in this fight, fuckstick. Want to put some money down or just run your stupid mouth and prove how damn stupid you are.

werd
-Jake- is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 03:43 PM   #22 (permalink)

Member # 100653
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF-J View Post
Actually, you don't, unless it's written into the buy/sell agreement and is disclosed at the time of the sale.

When you buy the business you buy all customers, and warentys and debts unless you change the name of the business
jcbrotz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 03:51 PM   #23 (permalink)

Member # 118370
Quote:

Posting it in PBB you made it everybody's business. Be careful what you wish for. Now why don't you go back to your nap for another five years.
Old 12-16-2009, 03:59 PM   #24 (permalink)
Banned

Member # 14006
Look folks this is not the place to discuss the details of business law. Just as the description reads, "Find out who to avoid here" This folder is here to let others know who they may want to steer clear of or check into a bit deeper before plunking down their hard earned money. That's it's purpose and that is why I posted in it.

If you care to check, you will see that several others have been having difficulty with the very same vendor and all along the same lines.

If you haven't done business with them, then you should simply keep your mouth shut because you have no stake in it and nothing to say. Your opinion is at best uninformed and you are simply unaware of the facts.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one and they all stink so everyone should keep theirs to themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbrotz View Post
When you buy the business you buy all customers, and warentys and debts unless you change the name of the business