Pirate 4x4 banner

Careful with car_nut005

4K views 20 replies 14 participants last post by  mulisharider11x 
#1 ·
Buyers/traders dealing with him ( car_nut005 ) use caution. We had a deal to trade axles, I took time off work, rented a trailer to make it easier on me and rounded up help to lift the one ton's. He sold the axles out from under me and the deal we had. Luckly I had not had the axle's all the way out from under my rig yet. So use caution when dealing with him.

#5 · (Edited)
Yes we did, he had the truck for sale for a while with no interest (acording to him) so he decided to part it out and made a post to trade for built Toyota axles or sell for $3500. I PMed him and told him what I had and that I was interested, he gave me his number and told me to call him. We worked out a deal on the phone to trade axles and to meet in Redding on the 13th, we set up a time range and the whole 9 yard's. I went through a bunch of crap to get a trailer to save my back, took time off of work, and inlisted a couple of buddies to come along and help lift the axles. He called me a couple days later and told me he sold the whole truck and that he was keeping the axles to go with the truck. We had a deal he backed out and sold them out from under the deal, so buyer/trader beware when dealing with him.

*Edit* Went to link the FS threads for the truck and the axles but he deleted the thread's after I posted a buyer beware in his axle thread.

#13 ·
So you had a deal, the guy takes off work rents a trailer but fuck him Its happened to me so I'll pay forward a little shitty treatment. I appreciate people who post this kinda stuff cause I don't want to deal with attitudes like yours. You offer to reimburse his trailer rental out of your sale money? and so what if money never changed hands ever heard of a deals a deal.. I understand selling the truck but thats no reason the OP should get stiffed on what he's out. I bet he'd never have posted this if you offered him a bill out of your sale money, a small price to pay for a good rep.

#8 · (Edited)
Hey I feel your pain on a deal that didnt pan out...Hell I have gotten shit ready to go on 800 mile trip and only to have the other party say well Im backing out......This sux a nut.

We are in a tough economy and money talks if he had chance to sell whole truck v/s axles. I cant say I blame him first with cash walks with deal. I can say I have had things listed for awhile and then out of nowhere I get a offer then right after that another guy will call jumping wanting it way worse than first guy....This is when your word is gold.

So yeah this guy called but it doesnt cool the flame.....Been there bought the shirt.

#10 ·
He is correct, no money involved it was a straight trade. I am not saying he owe's me anything, just putting it out there for other people's knowledge if they deal with him. I did not/have not "bashed" him, just stated the facts for others, for future dealing's.

#12 ·
People change their minds all the time,at least he called you.
There's been plenty of other threads were the parties were suppose to meet somewhere,party A shows up after driving hours and party B is a no show.At least this did not happen.
Could have been worse.

#14 ·
Just be glad your not out any money! One time I drove two hours away to look at a Unimog 406 that was a rusted out piece of junk. But a good parts truck. We made a deal and I gave him $1000 deposit. Since it was Dec. 23rd. I said I would pick it up after xmas. Made arrangements for a truck and trailer to pick it up on the 27th. Called the seller the day before and told him about it. He tells me he changed his mind and that he is going to keep the truck and restore it! It just not worth the aggravation, I said send me my money back even though I was out almost $400 for time and effort put forth by me. Yes I could have pushed the issue, as I had a receipt stating the sale and all. My bet is the truck still sits there, and if he calls back wanting to sell it, the price today would be at least $2k less!

#16 ·
How much notice did you get that he had sold the truck? Were on your way to pick them up or did you get a couple days notice? It seems things didn't go exactly as planned but if carnut got a last minute offer and did his best to let you know as soon as possible, then maybe just chalk it up to experience.

#21 ·
He was selling 3 rockwells and I messaged him about just buying the front. He replied that he wanted to sell it with the two rears so I moved on but said let me know hen you are interested in selling just the front. Some time passed and he messaged me and asked if I was still interested in purchasing the front for xxx price and I said yes but want more info on miscellaneous parts. He replied back with pictiures even set a date for him to deliver to my buisness. Then no word from him for a couple days and he finnaly came out and said he found a buyer for all axles and he was sorry for the inconvenience. Wtf

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.