Ballistic Fab - thieves and liars? You decide - long read - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Classifieds > Bad Sellers, Disputes, etc...
Notices

Closed Thread

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2011, 08:10 AM   #1 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 121473
Ballistic Fab - thieves and liars? You decide - long read

I wasn’t going to do this but now have no choice (as you will see below). I have been in business for myself at one time doing retail sales and I know I would never want to see a post like this up about me and my business. Then again…I would have never been put into that position because I always went out of my way to take care of my customers and would do whatever it took to make them happy. Soo…

On a recommendation of a friend who has Ballistic shocks and loves them I ordered (March 10 2011) 2 shocks with springs, support springs, extra springs for same friend, and mounting brackets.

After several weeks (expected wait time) I received the mounting brackets and 4 shocks…no springs. So I received 2 extra shocks that I did not order nor was I invoiced for. I called Ballistic to inform them of their error and inquire when I could expect to receive the springs. They said they were backordered and did not know an ETA but instead focused mainly on how I received 2 extra shocks. I was immediately passed from person to person to investigate how I got 2 extra shocks then was sent an air bill to return the two shocks within minutes after hanging up.

When I asked again about the springs to make the shocks work they said they would get back to me. When they did return my inquiry they said there was no ETA and I would just have to wait until they arrive. He blamed his supplier. I informed them that I could not wait for an undetermined amount and asked what else could be done to get a more accurate delivery date. They said there was nothing they could do.

At that point I told them that I could not wait indefinitely due to a deadline to get my rig up and running so I am forced to cancel the entire order. They agreed and I sent all received pieces back to them.

I waited a week after they received the items and started inquiring about my refund. They said I needed to speak with Dave in billing and he was not in. He either had not yet arrived to work yet, or he was at lunch or he was in meetings, etc…I chased him for a week before posting up on Pirate 4x4 to see if I could get his attention that way and received a response. He claimed that I had “buyer’s remorse” then later he accused me of returning them due to “defects” and would not refund my money. After some clarifying with him regarding why I returned the product he was still not cooperating.

I was told that these were “custom shocks” and could not be returned, when, in fact, these are not magic shocks. These are shocks that he advertises on his website and are in no way custom to my application. They are an off-the-shelf product with no modifications of any kind. If they were truly custom he would not have so quickly sent an airbill to return the two shocks that were mistakenly sent to me. If they were truly custom he would have found a way to sell them to me using any number of incentives. He did nothing of the sort. He didn’t even try. Heck – I would have bought them if he could have given me an ETA on the springs and with the right incentive to do so.

After more back and forth I became frustrated and filed a dispute with my credit card company who reversed the charges. Apparently that made him very upset and he told me that he would no longer communicate with me and has advised his staff to not communicate with me. He would only communicate with the credit card company. He then several weeks later started responding to my communications and told me that he would refund my money but his card processing company is to blame (see a trend here?) and he would need to speak with them to get it to go through. I offered to put my cc company in touch with them and they can hash it all out. He laughed and said no. His processing company would never go for that.

I called my cc company every couple of weeks to see what the status of the dispute was and they told me that he had not yet responded to them.
Fast forward to last week: I receive a letter from cc company stating that they recharged my account. Ballistic claims that, and I quote “Customer received more than he ordered and is now attempting to not have to pay his bill” Unquote!

WHAT???!!! So now he has all of the product AND my $1623.72 back in his account???!!!

I know I am not alone with the bad seller experience from them. They had a thread up on their vendor area called “Changes at Ballistic Fab”. It turned into many customers complaining about service and inquiring about their orders. He has recently removed that (I don’t blame him). Now he will immediately delete any post up there asking about order status or anything negative.

All I want is my money back.

This is truly sad. I was so happy to support an Arizona company with my business.

Dave - Please no more games from you. Lets make this right.
Old 06-07-2011, 08:50 AM   #2 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 93177
Edit by camo.

Personal threats will get you banned.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-2011, 09:26 AM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 163057
this is the last straw for ballistic fab for me. ive read plenty of bad sellers threads about him but this one is just too fucked up. dont give up. keep contacting your cc company and ballistic fab.
Old 06-07-2011, 09:53 AM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 124547
get a lawyer
Old 06-07-2011, 10:14 AM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 112985
What the f..k is going on with thoose guys.........too many crap on the web involving their shit........did you pay directly with a credit card or paypal??? still theres something that needs to happen with this issue i stopped buying from them as soon as i heard all this crap that was going on..

tx-skydiver
Dude good luck with this, i hope justices gets maid... and beware this thread might dissapear in a few days...like the others
Old 06-07-2011, 10:25 AM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 117898
If your side of the story is 100% true I'll be pulling the ballistic fab sticker off the back of my daily driven rig this afternoon. I refuse to support such a scummy business.

Last edited by brianZ71; 06-07-2011 at 10:26 AM.
Old 06-07-2011, 10:31 AM   #7 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 121473
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianZ71 View Post
If your side of the story is 100% true I'll be pulling the ballistic fab sticker off the back of my daily driven rig this afternoon. I refuse to support such a scummy business.
I am a very honest man. I think if you ask anyone who has any affiliation with my will attest to that..

Heck - if I wasn't I would have kept the 2nd pair of shocks and never said a word. I actually had people suggest that I do that. I believe in honesty. I will be judged one day and I don't want that on my permanent record when my time is up.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:40 AM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 189871
They did the same thing to me except much less money, I thought I had it bad. In fact I filed a dispute too, but only for ~$130. They couldn't deliver the parts in time so I cancelled the order. They never lifted a finger, yet kept $130 of a $500 order. I feel for you. They are absolutely ridiculous and in no way do they do the right thing. Your case is even worse than mine. I am still in the process and mine started back in March.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:53 AM   #9 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 79553
Sorry to hear that you have been screwed. How many times will it take for Ballistic to screw someone before the Pirate mods pull them from their vendor list? Pirate get this shitty company off the vendor list. They have screwed so many people!
Old 06-07-2011, 12:12 PM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 112985
Quote:
Originally Posted by katowkalin View Post
Sorry to hear that you have been screwed. How many times will it take for Ballistic to screw someone before the Pirate mods pull them from their vendor list? Pirate get this shitty company off the vendor list. They have screwed so many people!
Will never happen.
Old 06-07-2011, 12:24 PM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 23047
I've read too much on these guys (in the "bad" dept) that I won't ever purchase from them again.

Customer Service goes a long way. If you really treat the customer right, you can charge MORE than your competition. People want a good product, and to be treated correctly.

This is inexcusable......
Old 06-07-2011, 12:26 PM   #12 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 48910
the fact that you told them about the extra set of shocks says alot about your character.

Dave you need to man up.

your guys goofed up and sent the Dude got an extra set of shocks he didnt pay for and he is honest enough to call and tell you. You cant deliver product, he returns everything & you fuck him out of his refund WTF

This is a perfect example of why I haven't nor will i ever spend a dime of my hard earned $$ on anything ballistic has to offer.
Old 06-07-2011, 12:29 PM   #13 (permalink)

Member # 2482
Quote:
Originally Posted by folkenheath View Post
They did the same thing to me except much less money, I thought I had it bad. In fact I filed a dispute too, but only for ~$130. They couldn't deliver the parts in time so I cancelled the order. They never lifted a finger, yet kept $130 of a $500 order. I feel for you. They are absolutely ridiculous and in no way do they do the right thing. Your case is even worse than mine. I am still in the process and mine started back in March.
I had similar dealings with them.

Ordered.......was told "it's in stock and will ship today!!", 1 week goes by, no tracking info, no part.

HHmmm called, oopps "my guy" screwed up, will go out today, couple days go by......no tracking info, no part.

Week 3 Call again.......get the run around.......no tracking info no part..........

Week 4 Call again.......get the run around.......no tracking info no part..........

Week 5 Call again......Was told by a different person, that part has been on backorder for months and they have no idea when they are getting them in. I flipped out and canceled the order.

Week 6.......No refund

Week 7 ...... No refund

Week 8........ No refund and I finally call the CC company and dispute the charges.

Week 9......Nothing

Week 10.......Nothing

Week 11........I get a notice from my CC card company that Balistic responded and said "Customer received the part and is trying to scam them for the money back, claiming non shippment" WHAT!?!?!?!?! I call AMEX, they are VERY helpfull, I give them the full rundown from my side, and then AMEX asked Balistic to show the tracking numbers from the "shipment" Never heard a peep from them again.

And all this was over less than $200 of parts. I'm glad to see that so much has "Changed at Balistic" over the years.

save me a spot bro......i'll miss you...
Old 06-07-2011, 01:16 PM   #14 (permalink)

Member # 82603
This thread just cost them money from me.
Old 06-07-2011, 01:20 PM   #15 (permalink)
Big Dirty

Member # 116048
Fu$k Ballistic Fab...They kept $800 of my money for close to 3 months for product they never even shipped..THAT WAS IN STOCK. Then kept giving me the run around about his CC company taking a long time to process a refund blah blah. Deleted a few of my posts from his Forum as well. My rig could be on fire and they could have the only fire extinguisher and i wouldnt buy it. Worst company i have ever dealt with
Old 06-07-2011, 01:22 PM   #16 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 109328
I am glad I seen this, I was just before placing a fairly large order with those guys because of the "changes" thread. I actually got the impression things had gotten better since the last time I got screwed, I mean *ordered* from Ballistic. Never again, this has ended my buisness with them.

Onto the intraweb to find my parts elsewhere.

To the OP:
Keep fighting the fight with your cc company. If you can provide them return tracking where the shipment was sent back and delivered you should have a good basis to win.

Good Luck!

Derek
You don't need to take off the cover, just stick a screwdriver in that 50amp 240V plug under the panel while licking your fingers and touching the door of the panel. If your pecker rips through your jeans it's 3 phase.
Old 06-07-2011, 01:25 PM   #17 (permalink)

Member # 71529
I like how no one from ballistic has the balls to explain any of this. Ballistic needs to be pulled from the site(wich I know wont happen, shame on those who run pirate) and the law should be brought into it.
Old 06-07-2011, 01:28 PM   #18 (permalink)

Member # 76368
I have ordered from them several times in the past, and have had mixed results (from the totally good end of the spectrum to the totally bad). However, from the past bad experiences I have had with them, on top of all of the horrible publicity I have seen here, and other places. I won't be ordering anything else from them. RuffStuffSpecialties is a company that sells many similar products, and let me tell you those guys are top notch! They will have my business from now until they give me a reason not to shop with them. They are always expanding their product line as well.
Old 06-07-2011, 01:41 PM   #19 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 148659
I personally haven't ordered from ballistic and this thread is going to keep me from doing any business with them.

There are many other vendors on this site who go above and beyond to keep their customers happy, these are the type of people I like to do business with
Old 06-07-2011, 01:51 PM   #20 (permalink)
Banned

Member # 143863
I am always amazed by this type of thing. Our shocks are custom made for each and every order. We do not have them sitting on the shelf they are made (typically) within 24 - 48 hours and shipped.

In this case the customer chose to return the shocks. We don't have a return system for shocks and that is CLEARLY stated on our website, the customer must choose that they have read and agree to the terms...Why on earth people check that box without reading it first is boggling. They are custom builds. In this case, I approved the return and told the customer we would refund the money as soon as the shocks were sold again. FWIW - and I know it isn't much, I looked up this customers account...everything he has bought here has been returned for some reason or another!

No lies, no thievery. Just the truth. Sorry the customer had buyers remorse, but I can't possibly offer refunds on custom parts. Seems like I am getting kicked in the face for trying to help. I am still, as always more than happy to help anyone and everyone who wishes to be assisted. I'm not interested in getting into a pissing match in this thread, so if you would like my help feel free to PM me , send me an email or give me a call.
Old 06-07-2011, 01:56 PM   #21 (permalink)
RCL
Wheeler

Member # 175677
Dave I wish you would respond to my last two messages as quickly as you did this thread.
Old 06-07-2011, 01:58 PM   #22 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 123184
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soup Man View Post
X2 I was looking to order some 2.5s and brackets within the month. Looks like I'll be looking for someone else to buy from
Old 06-07-2011, 02:01 PM   #23 (permalink)

Member # 92677
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soup Man View Post
x3 There is too much bad shit on here about them.
Old 06-07-2011, 02:08 PM   #24 (permalink)

Member # 103610
Send a message via AIM to jeep937
I, along with many people I've talked to, will never spend money with Ballistic Fab. There are too many of these stories to have my hard earned money tied up like this. Sounds like bull shit to me and my bet is the doors will eventually close. Kinda reminds me of USA6X6.
Old 06-07-2011, 02:09 PM   #25 (permalink)

Member # 29016
Quote:
Originally Posted by BallisticDave View Post
I am always amazed by this type of thing. Our shocks are custom made for each and every order. We do not have them sitting on the shelf they are made (typically) within 24 - 48 hours and shipped.

In this case the customer chose to return the shocks. We don't have a return system for shocks and that is CLEARLY stated on our website, the customer must choose that they have read and agree to the terms...Why on earth people check that box without reading it first is boggling. They are custom builds. In this case, I approved the return and told the customer we would refund the money as soon as the shocks were sold again.

No lies, no thievery. Just the truth. Sorry the customer had buyers remorse, but I can't possibly offer refunds on custom parts. Seems like I am getting kicked in the face for trying to help. I am still, as always more than happy to help anyone and everyone who wishes to be assisted. I'm not interested in getting into a pissing match in this thread, so if you would like my help feel free to PM me , send me an email or give me a call.
he did not have buyers remorse, you failed to deliver or ever give an estimation on when to expect the remainder or his order.

you failed to deliver, flat out.
Closed Thread