Bad seller DFW4x4 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Classifieds > Bad Sellers, Disputes, etc...
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2011, 10:28 AM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 143341
Bad seller DFW4x4

He sold a jeep with title here on Pirate. He gave me the wrong title. He said that he was going to find out what happened with the title. He didn't. He said that I should just put it back on pirate or go to a trophy shop and they can make me a vin tag. I gave him some options: 1 give me the title to the jeep. 2 Give me $150 to have this jeep bonded. 3 take the jeep back and give me my money back. 4 I get the police involved. So he is doing the not answering back thing. So monday I'll be taking legal action against him. He is trying to sell several other things like a set of steering rocks, a radiator, a V-6 etc.... So beware he is not good on his word, he will lie to you.
railer24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 07:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 30359
That sucks. I'm always very hesitant to buy anything from sellers who have been here less than a year, unless they have a pretty active post count where I can get an idea of what kind of person they are.

Quote:
Texan. Saved my neck twice... once after he was dead.
mudtoy67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2011, 08:48 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 189811
your a fucking asshole you got a smoking deal on a tj tub and frame even got a 4 link set up for the front and rear and your crying cause your too fucking stupid to check the vin number to see if it matches the title. why would i even check it i did not care its a trail junker you bought a trail rig not a street jeep, NOT A TITLE . Its very Illegal to switch vins on a vehicle which is what your trying to do with your Junk Jeep. maybe i should report you to the police you fucking crook I hope your shit gets impounded by the fuzz post all you want about make me Famous i like it
DFW4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 08:56 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 36308
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW4x4 View Post
your a fucking asshole you got a smoking deal on a tj tub and frame even got a 4 link set up for the front and rear and your crying cause your too fucking stupid to check the vin number to see if it matches the title. why would i even check it i did not care its a trail junker you bought a trail rig not a street jeep, NOT A TITLE . Its very Illegal to switch vins on a vehicle which is what your trying to do with your Junk Jeep. maybe i should report you to the police you fucking crook I hope your shit gets impounded by the fuzz post all you want about make me Famous i like it

Your doing a great job of making yourself look like a cunt.
chromewontgetyouhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 09:27 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 5473
Quote:

You did state it had a salvage title.. one would assume it was a correct salvage title matching the VIN.

Quote:
97 TJ tub, frame, hood, grill, headlights, and windshield frame. its 4 linked front and rear with all links set up for 108 wheel base. No Axles. has some tube work started on the front and bumpers. has salvage title. winch not included $750 DallasTexas
Old 06-27-2011, 06:51 AM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 143341
So whos the asshole that had a jeep with title for sale and lied about it to cover it up. And just so everyone knows, he is out of work. So maybe he is doing what ever it takes to make a dollar. Including stealing and lying. He is supose to be a welder, so he says. And he is supose to be the one that welded the front bumper on said jeep. We all saw your welding, maybe thats why your out of work. And if you want to go to the police, I will even dial the phone for you or take you down to the station, your choice. Your the one that tried to fake a title. I was the one looking for a legit jeep with title.
railer24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 08:06 AM   #7 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 30359
Quote:
You fucked up. Clearly you must have been too stupid to check the title when you bought it yourself. You advertised a jeep WITH title, you need to make this right.

Quote:
Old 06-27-2011, 10:33 AM   #8 (permalink)
Tradin' Fool

Member # 91612
Quote:

This was your responsibility before selling it to someone else and saying it has a title.... Misrepresentation of a vehicle with a title....

I would say make it right with railer24 or you will have a VERY HARD time selling anything else here on Pirate....Just my .02

Last edited by 76j20; 06-27-2011 at 10:35 AM.
76j20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 10:46 AM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 124547
Quote:
Originally Posted by 76j20 View Post
This was your responsibility before selling it to someone else and saying it has a title.... Misrepresentation of a vehicle with a title....

I would say make it right with railer24 or you will have a VERY HARD time selling anything else here on Pirate....Just my .02
gotta agree... I was looking at the 44 inch boggers, but I'm not anymore.
Old 06-27-2011, 12:19 PM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 23047
Quote:
Well, now the entire board now realizes what a fine outstanding person you are.....great job there buddy....
Fishwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 05:46 PM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 170
Did you pick up the jeep and check the vin to the title? Should've caught it then....not to say what he did was right or wrong, wasn't present....his post said, salvage title....so who knows.....
Old 06-27-2011, 07:43 PM   #12 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 121473
I don't think I've ever checked a title before when purchasing a vehicle. I always assume the seller is giving me the correct title. I suppose I will start checking from now on.

This needs to be made right by the seller. If you didn't have the correct title you should have advertised it as such and let buyer know that they would have to apply for a bonded title if they wanted one with transaction being made with Bill of Sale only.

To go off on the buyer is in poor taste. Looks shady to me.
tx-skydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 08:20 PM   #13 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 30359
Looks like his thread on DFW-tx4wd forum he doesn't even mention it's a salvage title...

http://www.dfw-tx4wd.org/forums/tm.a...&mpage=1#65499 username jug head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jug Head

I'm buying back my old zuk buggy so selling off my project jeep will send you pics just ask. Going to post this stuff on craigslist soon so i thought i'd give yall first dibs pm me offers or call/text 214 607 7698
what i have

SOLD 1997 TJ tub & frame with title, has grill hood and headlights windshield frame. 4 linked with all 8 links has some tube work i did on the front

Quote:

Last edited by mudtoy67; 06-27-2011 at 08:35 PM.
Old 06-27-2011, 11:23 PM   #14 (permalink)

Member # 146420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishwagon View Post
Well, now the entire board now realizes what a fine outstanding person you are.....great job there buddy....
I second this. If you're selling something.... you should deliver as promised. It unfortunately sucks that someone here has to be on the receiving end of your childishness.

On the otherhand, thank you pirate for the opportunity to have threads like this.

09 G8 GT w/ true dual 40 series, CAI
07 F150 FX4 CAI, throttle body spacer, 40 series, 4" lift, 35's, edge programmer, etc
Pricecheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 11:48 AM   #15 (permalink)
bearded lady

Member # 82435
Thanks to the heads up on the dfw forum. I am a member of that club and this isn't the first complaint I've heard about him. Certainly not representative of our club.
Old 07-10-2011, 09:02 PM   #16 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 4510
What an Asshat

Asshat's response is very Wenzel-ish. Why include a title if it has no relation to the vehicle? Obvious answer, to deceive. Not above board and not welcome on this board. Make it right.
ccj8008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 11:14 PM   #17 (permalink)

Member # 192873
You should take this shit to judge judy....update?
bradlema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 06:41 PM   #18 (permalink)

Member # 83920
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradlema View Post
You should take this shit to judge judy....update?
Hell with Judge Judy. He has all but confessed right here. There is more than enough here to take it to the courthouse, and from what the fuckwad has said, it pretty much has deliberate fraud written all over it.