Custom Component Design and Manufacturing - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Vendor Forums > Ballistic Zone
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2009, 10:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Member # 124890
Custom Component Design and Manufacturing

-From mild to wild
-From Cardboard Templates, Cad files, or just ideas

Chances are we can help you with that one component you can't find anywhere else or just don't want to build yourself

to

to

Custom Panhard Solutions are a very common order

Even been known to help with your school work
U of Arizona Baja Car

Beadlocks are a Common item as well

Old 09-22-2009, 10:13 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 67110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballistic Eng View Post
-From mild to wild
-From Cardboard Templates, Cad files, or just ideas

Chances are we can help you with that one component you can't find anywhere else or just don't want to build yourself
Awesome.
I don't need anything built today, but when I do, I know who to call.
D
Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-2009, 01:25 AM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 74576
---------

Last edited by tmorgan4; 04-25-2010 at 05:44 PM.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 4691
Send a message via ICQ to stover
I've used Ballistic Fabrication's custom manufacturing services for three projects now and all I can say is; WOW, THESE GUYS REALLY HAVE THEIR ACT TOGETHER!

Fast turn around, perfect fit the first time, very affordable.

I'll be a return customer for sure.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:47 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 49901
Send a message via AIM to affende
could BF design a 22.5* angles LCA bracket for a 14BFF ... that wraps completely around the axle tube? it would have to be axle tube diameter + 2" (1" larger on either side of the tube) and would obviously have to be 2 piece design ...

im debating on whether or not i want the bracket cut with an elipse or cut straight and then bent ... thought BF crew?
Old 09-23-2009, 03:42 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 29113
Send a message via Yahoo to pitchitpitchit
Cool. I have been kicking around an idea for plating a TJ factory half door with 3/16" plate. I wanted it to be a weld on part that is laser cut to fit around the bolt on hinges, door lock, and door handle. It would be a cool product for you guys to sell also. Is that something you guys could do?
Old 09-23-2009, 03:53 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

Member # 124890
Quote:
Originally Posted by affende View Post
could BF design a 22.5* angles LCA bracket for a 14BFF ... that wraps completely around the axle tube? it would have to be axle tube diameter + 2" (1" larger on either side of the tube) and would obviously have to be 2 piece design ...

im debating on whether or not i want the bracket cut with an elipse or cut straight and then bent ... thought BF crew?
Pm'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchitpitchit View Post
Cool. I have been kicking around an idea for plating a TJ factory half door with 3/16" plate. I wanted it to be a weld on part that is laser cut to fit around the bolt on hinges, door lock, and door handle. It would be a cool product for you guys to sell also. Is that something you guys could do?
We could definitely handle that but I do not have a TJ in the shop at the moment. You could either furnish us with a template, a drawing, or a CAD file and we could quote the job out for you. Thanks.
Old 09-23-2009, 04:14 PM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 39684
Hello guys, congrats on the forum.

Do you have or plan to have a rockwell tie rod knuckle adapter to use standard 3/4" bolt and heim?

Thks
Old 09-23-2009, 07:03 PM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 135736
Quote:
Ha I want to do the exact same thing. You guys should start cutting these out.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:06 PM   #10 (permalink)
SlickRock GOD!

Member # 66537
Send a message via Yahoo to turbosniper1
Do you have any plans to make some high quality Hi-Steer arms for the Rockwells? I am sure you could corner the market if you did so! Especially if you make them like you have your Dana 60 arms! That would be a sweet addition to your lineup of steering components and definitely be something I would be looking to get from you!! (maybe even your first set) I have been bugging you for about a year now for this one

I am not a metallurgist, but would the hi-steer arms be strong enough for Rockwells and 44"+ tire sizes if they were made like the Dana 60 arms pictured above??
Thanks for the consideration and I look forward to your info!
Matt
Owner/Designer/Fabricator

TWF Double Beadlock wheels, Pitbull Tires Vendor, Raceline Wheels, Marsh Racing Wheels, Custom Splice Winch Rope
37" Tires for $85ea

http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=779576
Old 09-24-2009, 08:49 AM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 29113
Send a message via Yahoo to pitchitpitchit
Quote:

We could definitely handle that but I do not have a TJ in the shop at the moment. You could either furnish us with a template, a drawing, or a CAD file and we could quote the job out for you. Thanks.
Cool. I had planned on making a template and using the plasma to cut it out but it would never be as sharp as a laser cut. I thought I would throw the idea to you guys in case you thought it would be a good product for you to sell. I am just OK at CAD but I'll see if I can draw it up.
Old 09-24-2009, 11:15 AM   #12 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 42423
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbosniper1 View Post
Do you have any plans to make some high quality Hi-Steer arms for the Rockwells? I am sure you could corner the market if you did so! Especially if you make them like you have your Dana 60 arms! That would be a sweet addition to your lineup of steering components and definitely be something I would be looking to get from you!! (maybe even your first set) I have been bugging you for about a year now for this one

I am not a metallurgist, but would the hi-steer arms be strong enough for Rockwells and 44"+ tire sizes if they were made like the Dana 60 arms pictured above??
Thanks for the consideration and I look forward to your info!
Matt
x2

I have actually been modeling up a design for a hy-steer arm for my rockwell, i will pm you(ballistic eng) later with the rough model and maybe we can work something out to get one made for my set up.
Old 09-24-2009, 08:10 PM   #13 (permalink)
Banned

Member # 124890
Quote:
Cool. I had planned on making a template and using the plasma to cut it out but it would never be as sharp as a laser cut. I thought I would throw the idea to you guys in case you thought it would be a good product for you to sell. I am just OK at CAD but I'll see if I can draw it up.
Sounds like a plan. It only takes a few minutes to generate a quote from a CAD file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VHD44 View Post
x2

I have actually been modeling up a design for a hy-steer arm for my rockwell, i will pm you(ballistic eng) later with the rough model and maybe we can work something out to get one made for my set up.
We don't currently have a Rockwell in the shop, but I'm working on getting one back in here. We try to keep all of our inventory moving and that includes our junkyard as well. We can certainly make the part you sent earlier (via Pm), but whether or not it is economical will have to be determined. I'll see what we can come up with in the next few days.
Old 09-24-2009, 08:27 PM   #14 (permalink)
On Vacation>>>>>>>>>

Member # 55521
Price range for 4 15" x 1/4" thick aluminum rock ring with 14 letter logo cut out?

Last edited by fenderbmxer86; 09-24-2009 at 08:27 PM.
Old 09-25-2009, 09:22 AM   #15 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 44376
Send a message via AIM to TurboJeep275
Email sent for custom rock rings for my DC-1 wheels
Old 09-25-2009, 10:10 AM   #16 (permalink)
Banned

Member # 124890
We've had several requests for AL rock rings and bead locks. We used to sell these for between 100$ - 175$ per wheel from 3/8" AL, and that is on a standard production part. Due to lack of interest we have temporarily discontinued sales on them, however we would be willing to do a large batch, if all the parties interested wanted to make a large group buy in. I know this makes it difficult because you all have different wheels and sizes, but it's the best way to keep your individual costs down if you can work something out. If we see enough interest in AL beadlocks in general we will begin production on 15-17" wheels again possibly. Thanks for the interest.
Old 09-25-2009, 03:51 PM   #17 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 42423
Quote:
Sounds like a plan. It only takes a few minutes to generate a quote from a CAD file.

We don't currently have a Rockwell in the shop, but I'm working on getting one back in here. We try to keep all of our inventory moving and that includes our junkyard as well. We can certainly make the part you sent earlier (via Pm), but whether or not it is economical will have to be determined. I'll see what we can come up with in the next few days.
Cool deal, i can do all the cad work and get all the dimensional drawings done up, i'm just looking for a source to manufacture the component.I will taking all the dimensions off my front housing this weekend and then i will be able to design a more accurate model. If you want i can send you the model once it is complete with all the accurate dimensions and go from there? Let me know. Thanks.
Old 09-25-2009, 07:08 PM   #18 (permalink)
Banned

Member # 46226
Sounds great - Jeff
Old 09-26-2009, 07:07 AM   #19 (permalink)

Member # 113944
Quote:
You guys should look to the local wheeler sites/4X4 Clubs in AZ, I am sure there are plenty of guys who will lend you their junk to do development if you offer them a production run part. Will keep your Junkyard costs down and would probably work out for everyone.
Old 09-26-2009, 09:10 AM   #20 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 137
Have you guys fitted the D60 rear truss on a D70? Would it be possible to trim the top to fit over the larger pumpkin? Have y'all thought about making a full hydro truss, or a kit, for the front of D60's?
http://s132.photobucket.com/albums/q...&addtype=local
'78 FJ40
'91 Ram W250 5 spd. CTD SC/SRW
'93 Ram W350 5 spd. CTD SC/SRW
'99 Ram 3500 4X4 5 spd. CTD SC/DRW
Welding is like sex, it's all about the penetration!
Old 09-26-2009, 01:32 PM   #21 (permalink)

Member # 47337
How about an affordable 8 lug conversion kit for us rockwell guys. Something that will put the WMS to WMS in the 74" or narrower range. Randy O's stuff is perfect but not cheap, and going to the 14b wheel hub does nothing to narrow the width. A wheel hub kit that got the width as narrow as possible, used an alum rotor hat and 14" x 1.10" wilwood rotor for use with a set of H2 wheels would be

I would gladly offer up a stock knuckle/spindle/wheel hub for the prototyping
Old 09-26-2009, 05:09 PM   #22 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 42423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fl-Krawler View Post
How about an affordable 8 lug conversion kit for us rockwell guys. Something that will put the WMS to WMS in the 74" or narrower range. Randy O's stuff is perfect but not cheap, and going to the 14b wheel hub does nothing to narrow the width. A wheel hub kit that got the width as narrow as possible, used an alum rotor hat and 14" x 1.10" wilwood rotor for use with a set of H2 wheels would be
this would be pretty sweet as well.
Old 09-28-2009, 07:32 PM   #23 (permalink)

Member # 76809
Seems to be a bigger demand for affordable hardcore rockwell parts all the time....
Old 10-01-2009, 11:39 AM   #24 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 66259
What kind of accuracy and repeatability can your laser maintain in .750 CrMo? I have some parts designed and drawn up in Inventor and I'm looking at manufacturing options. The profile is beyond the capability of my CNC mill tooling.
Old 10-01-2009, 11:42 AM   #25 (permalink)
Banned

Member # 124890
Quote:
Originally Posted by spork2367 View Post
What kind of accuracy and repeatability can your laser maintain in .750 CrMo? I have some parts designed and drawn up in Inventor and I'm looking at manufacturing options. The profile is beyond the capability of my CNC mill tooling.
Unfortunately it's also beyond the capability of our laser. Send me the profile. Our mill operator and programmer is pretty good.