D44 Bombproof Balljoints - Page 18 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Vendor Forums > Ballistic Zone
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2010, 09:43 AM   #426 (permalink)
fishingwithdynamite

Member # 30721
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsawduste View Post
You must be planting trees and waiting for them to get big enough to cut into firewood.
Hah.
Old 12-25-2010, 11:04 AM   #427 (permalink)

Member # 54567
Quote:
You must be planting trees and waiting for them to get big enough to cut into firewood.
Holy hell I about spit coffee all over the computer screen when I came across that line
Sponsored Links
Old 12-25-2010, 01:37 PM   #428 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 20999
yeah sure.

Quote:
No just 30 years in the automotive industry. Bought more parts to market then you could think of.

Something as simple as a ball joint is not rocket science. if this is the case how come it takes moog, spicer and some of the other manufacturers over a year sometimes to come to market??? it did when dodge came to market with their new front ends, and even then moog screwed up pretty big but in your book that doesn't matter just get it to market, maybe ford would like to explain the super duty ball joints that are so spectacular.

Funny how other companies have came out with new parts for the J/K`s almost as fast as they hit the new car dealers. And you were shocked why? repackage and reused alot of D44 parts, took nearly a year + for ring and pinions to hit the market though as well as some other hard parts.... your comment lacks any real knowledge of what really hit the market when they were released and what took a year or 2 to develop.

Funny how Toyota can bring a whole new car from drawing board to production in 18 months. Shared parts and chassis, this isn't a new approach, it's re-use/share what you have and repackage. its minimizing the new parts

The electronics industry. It changes so fast that today's technology is old news in 3 months. And the support network / competitive producers of these products are more plentiful globally your point is what? how about you try and develop a new lifter, let me know how many facilities will produce those for you (if you are in the industry then you fully understand the challenges that did and still do exist in that segment

If you work for a company that takes a year to develop a relatively simple part like a ball joint. Better save your pennies. Cause you are gonna be out of a job. Your competition will find you. Shocking all these years and no one is producing it yet

Difference is a low volume, niche market. Ballistic will not make much money on these. So I cannot blame them for dragging there feet. Ding Ding Ding.... So which is it they know how to run their books and balance risk against bottom line or don't know what they are doing

To you two other posters above me. Your ignorance is profound. Really because reading your post made me laugh, i am wondering why you haven't sent in your resume, volunteered your services and been hired to bring this product to market.

You must be planting trees and waiting for them to get big enough to cut into firewood. Old school thinking guys. Get with it or get out of the way. So are you going to build everything out of steel and concrete.....use plastic for the forms??? your cost overruns will be plentiful.....otherwise comparing the raw agricultural material production and metal finished product manufacturing the production/transportation models is a stretch. But i did laugh pretty good at that line

Hmm, last I looked, Ford was doing pretty well. Follow there stock much ? Do you know anything about stocks. Stock trading for a diverse company like ford is one thing, it is impacted by many factors. Customer satisfaction and documented lost sales/repeat customers in a specific division due to a bad product are two separate things. Think back now the mustang II or the pinto not exactly brand names ford likes to bring back up for the same reason. Using your "30 years of logic" ford would still be trying to peddle the 6.0 to fleet owners like me. when its a documented marketplace fact and acknowledged fact by ford that their diesel branding and product need a serious boost in the arm. hence the big push on the 6.7 Did`nt think so.

Those that can, do. Those who can't, claim they can on the internet and tout their years of experience while not profiting.

Proof is in the bottom line

i don't have to flout my resume on the internet when someone calls BS, if you are so good at bringing automotive products to market and have 30 years of connections how come you didn't bring this product to market in a shorter period of time???? "hmmm"

so i am curious since you are such a genius how long did it take the axle manufacturers to develop and test their front alloy axles or ctm to go through the learning curve... are you familiar with how long it took the companies producing the dodge/ford hub/spindle conversion kits to develop, test, contract and then bring their products to market? on a low margin low return item when you are operating in difficult economic times as a smaller production firm your R&D funds are small and you divert them to the product with the largest potential return and market.

Its business 101 you acknowledge it here in your comments,"Difference is a low volume, niche market. Ballistic will not make much money on these. So I cannot blame them for dragging there feet." yet mock them right above and declare their ignorance at bringing this product to market? which is it run your mouth and sound like an idiot telling a company they don't know how to develop a product or flap your lips and tout your resume and then acknowledge that there is sound business reasoning behind the delay?

You are declaring that this company with limited resources striving to cut out its share of the market with products no one else is producing should be able to keep up with large corporations with massive R&P budgets and production capacities who regularly make mistakes, have flaws in their products and conduct massive recalls all while being able to financially absorb any product failure lawsuits. lets see id like to have a ball joint that they are sure isn't going to fail and that i dont have to worry about being recalled. As well i hope their product doesn't fail and on a broad scale like the 6.0 ford did and open them up to lawsuits that would shut their doors since i doubt their coffers are as deep as ford's were

btw it's "their stock" not "there". I am fully aware of fords stock, and own plenty of their vehicles. i can tell you their commercial division has suffered sales losses due to poor product performance these last few years as a share holder and a former customer of theirs.

X3 you still don't know anything about bringing a product to market otherwise you would be doing it with this one, since you seem so intent on criticizing while claiming to know how.

cheers, i did get a good chuckle out of your comments though

GO UM Montana Griz

"Jeep Lurker"

KEEP REMEMBERING 9/11

Jeep with Rambler motor, SUA, front 608.9 and some bolt on stuff.

I miss my old 4bt powered chief

Support Frank the Tank

Last edited by ddestruel; 12-25-2010 at 04:00 PM.
Old 12-25-2010, 01:46 PM   #429 (permalink)

Member # 18435
Send a message via Yahoo to sureshot40sw
I bet OCC could just whip one up in a heartbeat ..
Old 12-25-2010, 03:54 PM   #430 (permalink)
Stands to wipe.

Member # 81266
Quote:
No just 30 years in the automotive industry. Bought more parts to market then you could think of.

Something as simple as a ball joint is not rocket science.

If you work for a company that takes a year to develop a relatively simple part like a ball joint.
Yes, you may be right on this one. It probably didn't take much time to develop all these ball joints that fall apart in severe abuse situtations like rock crawling and off-roading...... Hence the need for a company to design one that WON'T fail in 3 months of extreme use. Genious.....
Old 12-25-2010, 04:10 PM   #431 (permalink)
Trail Tampon

Member # 27333
Quote:

Funny how other companies have came out with new parts for the J/K`s almost as fast as they hit the new car dealers.

Funny how Toyota can bring a whole new car from drawing board to production in 18 months.

The electronics industry. It changes so fast that today's technology is old news in 3 months.

If you work for a company that takes a year to develop a relatively simple part like a ball joint. Better save your pennies. Cause you are gonna be out of a job. Your competition will find you.

Difference is a low volume, niche market. Ballistic will not make much money on these. So I cannot blame them for dragging there feet.

To you two other posters above me. Your ignorance is profound.

You must be planting trees and waiting for them to get big enough to cut into firewood. Old school thinking guys. Get with it or get out of the way.

Hmm, last I looked, Ford was doing pretty well. Follow there stock much ? Did`nt think so.
You're an idiot

1970 Commando under the knife
Old 12-25-2010, 06:21 PM   #432 (permalink)

Member # 85483
Quote:

Funny how other companies have came out with new parts for the J/K`s almost as fast as they hit the new car dealers.

Funny how Toyota can bring a whole new car from drawing board to production in 18 months.

The electronics industry. It changes so fast that today's technology is old news in 3 months.

If you work for a company that takes a year to develop a relatively simple part like a ball joint. Better save your pennies. Cause you are gonna be out of a job. Your competition will find you.

Difference is a low volume, niche market. Ballistic will not make much money on these. So I cannot blame them for dragging there feet.

To you two other posters above me. Your ignorance is profound.

You must be planting trees and waiting for them to get big enough to cut into firewood. Old school thinking guys. Get with it or get out of the way.

Hmm, last I looked, Ford was doing pretty well. Follow there stock much ? Did`nt think so.

Considering there's been so many, would you mind naming a few?
Old 12-25-2010, 07:37 PM   #433 (permalink)

Member # 77571
i don't have to flout my resume on the internet when someone calls BS, if you are so good at bringing automotive products to market and have 30 years of connections how come you didn't bring this product to market in a shorter period of time???? "hmmm"

so i am curious since you are such a genius how long did it take the axle manufacturers to develop and test their front alloy axles or ctm to go through the learning curve... are you familiar with how long it took the companies producing the dodge/ford hub/spindle conversion kits to develop, test, contract and then bring their products to market? on a low margin low return item when you are operating in difficult economic times as a smaller production firm your R&D funds are small and you divert them to the product with the largest potential return and market.

Its business 101 you acknowledge it here in your comments,"Difference is a low volume, niche market. Ballistic will not make much money on these. So I cannot blame them for dragging there feet." yet mock them right above and declare their ignorance at bringing this product to market? which is it run your mouth and sound like an idiot telling a company they don't know how to develop a product or flap your lips and tout your resume and then acknowledge that there is sound business reasoning behind the delay?

You are declaring that this company with limited resources striving to cut out its share of the market with products no one else is producing should be able to keep up with large corporations with massive R&P budgets and production capacities who regularly make mistakes, have flaws in their products and conduct massive recalls all while being able to financially absorb any product failure lawsuits. lets see id like to have a ball joint that they are sure isn't going to fail and that i dont have to worry about being recalled. As well i hope their product doesn't fail and on a broad scale like the 6.0 ford did and open them up to lawsuits that would shut their doors since i doubt their coffers are as deep as ford's were

btw it's "their stock" not "there". I am fully aware of fords stock, and own plenty of their vehicles. i can tell you their commercial division has suffered sales losses due to poor product performance these last few years as a share holder and a former customer of theirs.

X3 you still don't know anything about bringing a product to market otherwise you would be doing it with this one, since you seem so intent on criticizing while claiming to know how.

cheers, i did get a good chuckle out of your comments though[/QUOTE]

You are an ignorant individual that has verbal diarrhea. Not to mention little concept on how the automotive/aftermarket industry works

Obviously you cannot read the words that have been written. I do not in any way belittle Ballistic for taking a long time. They simply do not have the R&D "interest" for a low volume low profit part. Cannot blame them.

My point is that in today's world. A mainstream part needs to be bought to market as quickly as possible. Something as simple as a ball joint is not reinventing the wheel.

Yes Spicer can take many month`s to introduce a new product. A ball joint is not a new product. Thus the turn around time is cut proportionately. Spicer and the OEM`s work hand in hand. Often time to production is defined by more then engineering. And yes, cost and durability can and will be a factor.

J/K`s had suspension lifts and some dress parts from day one.

Yes Toyota does do a repackage. But they also do sheetmetal and interior redesigns. Certainly a more complex effort then a ball joint. In fact. Chrysler now has a 10 month design to tooling on complete interiors and "most" sheetmetal parts.

Take the electronics and corresponding support a new vehicle has. The technology we consumers have come to take for granted has to be integrated into a vehicle design that may be way ahead of current concept. Then the support for said technology be put in place.

Funny you say about my involvement with the aftermarket. In fact I have been contracted to design and develop new product. So I DO KNOW what the "little guys" are up to.

While Ford may have laid an egg with the 6.0. They have remained the best selling light duty truck for many years.

Your comments are amusing and biased to fit how YOU think the process works.

Last edited by jsawduste; 12-25-2010 at 07:39 PM.
Old 12-25-2010, 11:51 PM   #434 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 20999
Red face

I read your comments.

"ignorant individual who has verbal diarrhea" .... nah i picked you apart never said anything that resembles verbal diarrhea. proof is still in the bottom line. My company is still doing just fine still bring products to market you on the other hand are on the internet slamming others for their supposed inability.

did you buy or bring to market? Get it right when you post your grammar and spelling are rough. your arguments are weak and lack FACTS and Foundation. I live and breath commodities and have a full understanding of the automotive industry as well. you on the other hand are familiar with some level of Sales and promotion or so it seems. Quiet possibly some level of production knowledge but your comments are all founded in passion and resentment and still are staying away from the bottom line. You venture to admit bottom line effects decisions but then go on to argue that your earlier comments are justified. Which is it? In the business world where i deal, results are all that matter, talk is cheap and so far this is entertaining for the weekend. Its the bottom line period.

To point out a basic detail in your argument, Sales and statistics are easy to skew for year end reports. Most CEO's know this, its a tool to pacify investors and banks. It makes our bottom line look good for stock investors.... your benchmark. So you know, the light duty sales numbers you reference include F150s (one of the best selling light duty domestic trucks on the market) yet their diesel and commercial sales are seriously waning from years past. Your problem is you are looking at general gross surface data and not understanding fundamental department results/issues. FYI the 6.4 was no better. its not the turd that is laid its the effects it has on the air after. the old rule of thumb was one dissatisfied customer equals 10 lost sales. i wouldn't claim its that bad but lost brand loyalty has decades worth of effects. There is no bias my purchases are all based on bottom dollar and lifetime operating costs. But in this case my point was made above why risk and invest in something when there are better returns on your investment.

"A ball joint is not recreating the wheel". but it is a product that survives based on quality. Moog and spicer both learned that from 2003-2007 with their supposed factory replacement and upgraded dodge and ford ball joints that there were flaws in their designs/ production systems plenty made it to market and the market is still shunning them.

Which is where i still have issue with your above comments especially on their sponsored forum. You want to tout your resume, your supposed 30 years of products and experience, great. Go for it get a yellow star, step up and market your products on your own sponsored forum and let them produce at their speed. Otherwise if you can, man up, cough up the dollars, get a yellow star and produce something maybe this product at your lightning speed before they do, compete and do something.

If you "know what the little guys" are doing how come you aren't involved, competing with this new product. You should be getting it done since you know how to get it done so fast?????????

This is their product development and advertisement forum not your slam, bash and resume posting forum. You know a thing or two about production bring it on, i'll see you out there, in this case bring this product to market before they do and compete under your own yellow star.

GO UM Montana Griz

"Jeep Lurker"

KEEP REMEMBERING 9/11

Support Frank the Tank

Last edited by ddestruel; 12-28-2010 at 11:25 PM.
Old 12-27-2010, 07:08 AM   #435 (permalink)

Member # 128209
Quote:
...Funny how Toyota can bring a whole new car from drawing board to production in 18 months....
I'm not going to get into a pissing contest with anybody, but I have to call BS on this one. Seriously, you used Toyota's rush-to-market business practice as an example when the CEO of Toyota himself said that the rush is what bit them in the rear? I'm not looking to trade shots with you, but Toyota, really? Perhaps this illustrates just how quickly Americans forget. Do sticking accelerator pedals and non-functioning brakes mean anything to you? I also find it ironic that Toyota would be used as an example in a ball joint thread. After all, another weak Toyota design is their ball joints.

Toyota...Funny.

BTW, trying to bust their nuts over this product....when it isn't even in production yet...won't inspire them to get it out faster. Nobody is forcing anyone to wait on these. I'll just keep buying replacement parts until something better comes along (or I buy a D60).

Now go watch some internet porn and relax already. Geez, like a bunch of little kids.
Old 12-27-2010, 11:53 AM   #436 (permalink)

Member # 151571
i'm subscribed to this thread and came here to see the new posts and was hoping for some progress on these ball joints. but instead there were just a bunch of posts from this whiny little baby.

Last edited by ned72; 12-27-2010 at 11:54 AM.
Old 12-27-2010, 12:38 PM   #437 (permalink)

Member # 159792
Bomb proof ball joints would be sweet. But I am sorry, I fail to see what crying and stomping your feet is going to do to increase the speed of production. Perphaps they have had more pressing parts they needed designed and produced or maybe they just stuck this on the back burner for a while. Whatever the reason, it will come out when it comes out. Take a deep breath and just realize that none of this is pushing them to work any faster and I am sure when they feel they have a solid product nailed down they will introduce it.
Old 12-27-2010, 03:01 PM   #438 (permalink)

Member # 147657
It wont accomplish anything, Dave or Allen will simply come in and clean up the B.S. If you have a product that you would like to see built here is an idea; Come up with a basic layout and go out on other boards not just this one and push the product idea to generate interest..... Ask me how I know... Complaining and bitching to every troll that enters your request thread will get you no where except deleted.

Old 12-27-2010, 04:50 PM   #439 (permalink)

Member # 85483
Quote:
Not asking you to flout anything...just a simple question that only requires a simple answer. If you have brought so many products to market, name a few. Hell, name one if a few constitutes you flouting your resume.
Old 12-28-2010, 07:09 PM   #440 (permalink)

Member # 77571
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumping View Post
Not asking you to flout anything...just a simple question that only requires a simple answer. If you have brought so many products to market, name a few. Hell, name one if a few constitutes you flouting your resume.
US Secret Service armored vehicle parts.

4 speed automatic transmission components

4 speed automatic transmission service tools

That is as descriptive as I am going to get.

Stated my opinion.
A year to bring a part to market. With all the technology available in today`s engineering world is slow.

I also said that there could be mitigating factors WHY a company is (or could desire to be) slow to market.

Again, my focus is strictly on the engineering/manufacturing technology available today to speed the process if a company wishes to invest in it.

Last edited by jsawduste; 12-28-2010 at 07:30 PM.
Old 12-28-2010, 07:31 PM   #441 (permalink)

Member # 25325
Send a message via AIM to redranger4.0
Quote:
US Secret Service armored vehicle parts.

4 speed automatic transmission components

4 speed automatic transmission service tools

That is as descriptive as I am going to get.

Stated my opinion.
A year to bring a part to market. With all the technology available in today`s engineering world is slow.

I also said that there could be mitigating factors WHY a company is (or could desire to be) slow to market.

My focus is strictly on the engineering/manufacturing technology to speed the process if a company wants to invest in it.
I worked on the F135, Doesnt mean I can call up NASA and tell them they are taking to long to get us to Mars.

Face it you just look like an idiot.

Last edited by redranger4.0; 12-28-2010 at 07:32 PM.
Old 12-28-2010, 07:39 PM   #442 (permalink)

Member # 77571
Quote:
Originally Posted by redranger4.0 View Post
I worked on the F135, Doesnt mean I can call up NASA and tell them they are taking to long to get us to Mars.

Face it you just look like an idiot.
Don`t read to well do you ?

Ballistic can take all the time they want. Confident that they know an improved D44 ball joint isn't going to earn them big profits. But I bet if it was going to be a big $$ maker. They could move a lot quicker.

Last edited by jsawduste; 12-28-2010 at 07:40 PM.
Old 12-28-2010, 07:50 PM   #443 (permalink)
Banned

Member # 124890
Just an update from Ballistic:

We have not forgotten about this project, but customers who are waiting on parts that are paid for come before R&D production. Machined assemblies such as this take a lot of a resources from our relatively small shop. We are not NASA or Toyota and and we're all working minimum 10 hour days just to keep the level of back orders down. Thanks for all the interest and we'll do our best to get these in the loop.
Old 12-28-2010, 08:01 PM   #444 (permalink)

Member # 77571
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballistic Eng View Post
Just an update from Ballistic:

We have not forgotten about this project, but customers who are waiting on parts that are paid for come before R&D production. Machined assemblies such as this take a lot of a resources from our relatively small shop. We are not NASA or Toyota and and we're all working minimum 10 hour days just to keep the level of back orders down. Thanks for all the interest and we'll do our best to get these in the loop.
Thank you........An honest comment that recognizes the constraints of a niche oriented, relatively small company.

Last edited by jsawduste; 12-28-2010 at 08:02 PM.
Old 12-28-2010, 11:27 PM   #445 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 20999
Quote:
Don`t read to well do you ?

Ballistic can take all the time they want. Confident that they know an improved D44 ball joint isn't going to earn them big profits. But I bet if it was going to be a big $$ maker. They could move a lot quicker.
we agree even after pissing in each others cheerios, and i still dont think any less of you just had to have the weekend long useless debate.

we did finally get a good answer

GO UM Montana Griz

"Jeep Lurker"

KEEP REMEMBERING 9/11

Support Frank the Tank

Last edited by ddestruel; 12-28-2010 at 11:28 PM.
Old 12-29-2010, 01:19 AM   #446 (permalink)

Member # 77571
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddestruel View Post
we agree even after pissing in each others cheerios, and i still dont think any less of you just had to have the weekend long useless debate.

we did finally get a good answer
Thanks, know let`s go wheeling !!
Old 12-29-2010, 09:03 AM   #447 (permalink)

Member # 85483
Quote:
Thanks, know let`s go wheeling !!
With such a resume, one would think you would “know” how to spell…

Now go wheeling and break some joints...
Old 12-29-2010, 09:55 AM   #448 (permalink)

Member # 15557
Are these ready yet?
Old 12-29-2010, 10:45 PM   #449 (permalink)

Member # 110710
so if i was to have a 79 bronco D44 would these bj's work for me?
Old 12-30-2010, 08:58 AM   #450 (permalink)

Member # 123210
yes