What Happened to your shocks? - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Vendor Forums > Ballistic Zone
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2011, 07:51 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 196468
What Happened to your shocks?

They are gone off your website and there is a company called Truxxx claiming they now carry your line. Who do I contact about placing an order?
Old 08-11-2011, 07:58 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 104850
contact truxx
Old 08-11-2011, 08:22 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 196468
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIKJEEP View Post
contact truxx
Thanks man. I have a time sensitive build and I'm glad someone is manning the helm. As long as the shocks haven't changed I'm a happy crawler.
Old 08-11-2011, 08:26 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 104850
/forum/general-4x4-discussion/999157-truxxx-offroad-takes-over-ballistic-fabrication-shock-line.html
Old 08-11-2011, 08:33 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 196468
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIKJEEP View Post
Sweet! These guys look legit. I'll post when I receive my order.
Old 08-12-2011, 10:38 AM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

Member # 143863
We have opted to no longer offer the shocks on our website. Seems there are some bottom feeders trying to take advantage of that. The shock line is still very much available, you just need to give us a call at the shop.
Old 08-12-2011, 10:45 AM   #7 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 9835
Quote:
Originally Posted by BallisticDave View Post
We have opted to no longer offer the shocks on our website. Seems there are some bottom feeders trying to take advantage of that. The shock line is still very much available, you just need to give us a call at the shop.
Why??? Didn't you just have a thread bragging on how you had all kinds of stock on your shocks?
Old 08-12-2011, 12:38 PM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 47848
Wait. So you're out of the shock business or you're in? I'm confused. I was under the impression you guys got out of the business (why else would you take them off the website?) and Truxxx took over. At least that's how I read their thread. If it's different you might want to let customers know that.

1999 4Runner

Last edited by 4x4mike; 08-12-2011 at 12:39 PM.
Old 08-12-2011, 12:54 PM   #9 (permalink)
No comment

Member # 4
Send a message via Yahoo to camo
Quote:
Originally Posted by BallisticDave View Post
wtf ?

explain in detail please
Old 08-12-2011, 01:00 PM   #10 (permalink)
Banned

Member # 143863
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiScouter View Post
Why??? Didn't you just have a thread bragging on how you had all kinds of stock on your shocks?
Not exactly. We announced the fast turn around time on shocks, not so much that we had them "in stock."
Old 08-12-2011, 01:01 PM   #11 (permalink)
Banned

Member # 143863
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4mike View Post
Wait. So you're out of the shock business or you're in? I'm confused. I was under the impression you guys got out of the business (why else would you take them off the website?) and Truxxx took over. At least that's how I read their thread. If it's different you might want to let customers know that.
We still very much offer and support the Ballistic shock line, however they are no longer available on our website. What another company is saying is entirely up to them. I have learned over time that fights on Pirate (or any forum or format) between two companies leave two losers. We are not interested in a dispute.
Old 08-12-2011, 01:08 PM   #12 (permalink)
Banned

Member # 143863
Quote:
Originally Posted by camo View Post
wtf ?

explain in detail please
For years shocks have been available online and in store. During that time we have found that shock customers typically need a little more TLC than an impersonal website can offer. Hence the decision to only sell over the phone.

This will allow our customers the opportunity to speak directly with someone about size, type and installation instead of the customer "hoping" that they order the right thing the first time.

Shocks are heavy and expensive, so shipping to a customer that hopes they got the right thing is a huge expense for us when the customer realizes that they ordered something incorrectly. We or they then incur the shipping back to us and then we sit on the shock or shocks until someone else orders that size and style. Our shock builder does not want them back, so we are stuck with inventory that is difficult to move.

We have learned over the last few years that certain items are popular and sell well, while other items don't. Shocks sell okay, but they require a lot of attention from our staff. There have been one too many cases of a shock order slipping by without us speaking to the customer directly. This ultimately results in an unhappy customer.

Camo, as you know from our conversations, we are motivated to making a few slight tweeks here and there that will allow us to focus more attention on the customer and their individual needs. The clearance parts and the shocks are a big change and will bring a great deal of more personalized attention to our customers. Having less "non-moving" parts available for sale allows us to produce the items that are big movers and have more of these parts on the shelf.

I hope this explains everything. Dave