Poison Spyder DeFenders™ - "Tubeless" Jeep Fender Armor! - Page 3 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Vendor's Marketplace > Body/Armor
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2012, 10:50 AM   #51 (permalink)
Token Bronco Guy

Member # 16474
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHADEYONE View Post
This stuff is lite weight!
Thanks for posting your pics, the DeFenders look great on your Jeep!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkong414 View Post
Hey guys, I really like these. Are you doing anything like these for the JK. Also do you make a rear stinger tire carrier for the JK???
Sorry to be Doctor No. We've thought about updating our Crusher Flare design for the JK to match these but they're selling like hotcakes as-is, there's no sense in fixing something that isn't broken. As for the rear stinger, we built a couple of prototypes for the JK and after some testing we tabled the idea because there is too much flex between the body and the frame on the JK, that you can't have something that solidly ties the two together, the way the rear stinger tire carrier does, without causing other problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogger7 View Post
CJ fenders off the drawing board yet?
No they are not. All of our product development has taken a back seat to our KOH effort for the last few months. But here in a couple of weeks we'll be able to switch our attention back to product development.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burtv View Post
Well thats getting close "a few months". (Posted Nov. 4, 2011)

Do you think we CJ owners will get the introductory $100 off like the others did when they first came out.

Anyhow if you have any update on the CJ's and YJ's would be cool to here about it.
Thanks
We're not sure yet whether we will duplicate the discount as the other models are released. That was done in order to get some DeFenders into the hands of a lot of people quickly, so we could have an installed base of users from which to draw feedback, photos and basically get these out there and seen. That is pretty much taken care of at this point. The YJ and CJ ones won't be any different functionally or visually, so there's not much point in us taking a loss on them when we launch them. But we'll have to see, who knows what the future holds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burtv View Post
Opps!
Just check your website. I see the Defender flares and the Corners for CJ's but do you offer them has a package welded up? Or did I miss something again?

If you have them as one component please pm me a price. Shipped to 95356.
Please price the steel as well as the aluminum. Thanks
The rear weld-on DeFender Flares are included in the CJ section because they're basically a universal-fit part. We are not yet offering them welded up to CJ Crusher Corners because we don't yet offer the front DeFenders, and they kind of go together. But if you want a set now even though you won't have matching front fenders yet, we could probably do them for you as a special order. But I don't have any details on that, you'd need to call our Sales department at 951-849-5911 and they can look into it for you, get you a price for it, shipping quote, etc. If you are not able to call, you can email the Sales department at sales@poisonspyder.com.
Dusty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2012, 08:10 PM   #52 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 187456
Quote for Front Defenders with 3" flare and rear standard Crusher corners with 3" flare. All in steel. Shipped to 26241

EDIT: Also add in the armor that attaches to the front fenders and goes all the way to the door hinges. Without the logo if you have it....if not thats ok too.

AND add in the 3/4" LED's to use as markers lights with the relay for a 98 Tj

Last edited by EricsGreen98Tj; 01-26-2012 at 08:14 PM.
EricsGreen98Tj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2012, 10:43 AM   #53 (permalink)
Token Bronco Guy

Member # 16474
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricsGreen98Tj View Post
Quote for Front Defenders with 3" flare and rear standard Crusher corners with 3" flare. All in steel. Shipped to 26241

EDIT: Also add in the armor that attaches to the front fenders and goes all the way to the door hinges. Without the logo if you have it....if not thats ok too.

AND add in the 3/4" LED's to use as markers lights with the relay for a 98 Tj
TJ DeFenders with 3" Flares, Steel: $559.00
TJ DeFender Full Length Side Plates: $139.00
3/4" LED Marker Lamps: 2 X $28 = $56.00
5-Pin LED Flasher (97-00 TJ): $18.00
Shipping for all of the above, to a residential address in zip code 26241: $87.97

Thanks for your inquiry! Please give Rick in our Sales Department a call if you'd like to order, at 951-849-5911.

Old 01-31-2012, 09:53 AM   #54 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 58929
I installed mine this weekend....0 flare as we actually wheel rocks out here in AZ....

Very easy install, top notch instructions, hardware, and fenders themselves.

Plan on playing hooky this afternoon so will hopefully get a non driveway shot...

Thanks again for the great product !

www.jpcooler.com
RokNRich is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2012, 10:11 AM   #55 (permalink)
Token Bronco Guy

Member # 16474
Looks good RockNRich! Just a clarification on the nomenclature for any potential customers who see this, those are actually our "Negative" flare DeFenders. The Zero's are the ones that come straight forward, same as a stock fender with no (zero) flare.

Yeah we'd like to see some pix out on the trail
Old 01-31-2012, 10:26 AM   #56 (permalink)

Member # 168725
Interested in high line version...
SideshowBob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2012, 04:58 AM   #57 (permalink)
jrf

Member # 37408
^^^ what he said
Old 02-05-2012, 09:28 AM   #58 (permalink)

Member # 177366
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrf View Post
^^^ what he said
x2
Old 02-09-2012, 10:43 PM   #59 (permalink)

Member # 44258
Start working on the CJ fenders yet?
dogger7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2012, 11:22 AM   #60 (permalink)
Token Bronco Guy

Member # 16474
Quote:
Originally Posted by SideshowBob View Post
Interested in high line version...
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogger7 View Post
Start working on the CJ fenders yet?
Now that we finally have KOH behind us, we should be able to get back to some of these other R&D projects. As we've said already, the order of new DeFender variations will be as follows:

YJ Standard
CJ Standard
TJ Hi-Line

We won't put an ETA on any of those, as we're working on a ton of other projects as well. But whenever we have anything to report on any of these, it will be posted in this thread. If we haven't posted anything in a while, it will be because there's nothing new to report at that time. Sorry for being so vague about everything, I just don't want make any predictions now that will be proven wrong later if we don't make some guessed-at date.

Thanks for your patience!
Old 02-13-2012, 04:30 PM   #61 (permalink)
Token Bronco Guy

Member # 16474
Congratulations to our friends at Savvy Off-Road, Currie Enterprises and Falken Tires for their stock class win and OVERALL win in the KOH Every Man Challenge! We're proud that our aluminum DeFenders in Zero Flare were along for the ride!

Old 02-14-2012, 03:08 PM   #62 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 187456
Just ordered the 3" front fenders, rear flares, and Ricochet rockers! CANT WAIT!
Old 02-15-2012, 12:03 PM   #63 (permalink)
Token Bronco Guy

Member # 16474
Congratulations to DJ Harmon and his 8th place (overall) finish in the KOH Every Man Challenge! We're proud that DJ chose Poison Spyder armor for his Jeep, including a set of aluminum DeFenders with Negative Flares

Old 02-16-2012, 12:29 AM   #64 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 150821
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty View Post
Now that we finally have KOH behind us, we should be able to get back to some of these other R&D projects. As we've said already, the order of new DeFender variations will be as follows:

YJ Standard
CJ Standard
TJ Hi-Line

We won't put an ETA on any of those, as we're working on a ton of other projects as well. But whenever we have anything to report on any of these, it will be posted in this thread. If we haven't posted anything in a while, it will be because there's nothing new to report at that time. Sorry for being so vague about everything, I just don't want make any predictions now that will be proven wrong later if we don't make some guessed-at date.

Thanks for your patience!
So I guess I'll be waiting a long time to see:

CJ Hi-Line
Malkey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2012, 05:01 PM   #65 (permalink)
Token Bronco Guy

Member # 16474
DeFenders with 3" Flares, DeFender Full Length Side Plates, and Crusher Corners with 3" DeFender Flares, on the Bumble Bee TJ...

Old 03-03-2012, 10:14 PM   #66 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 187456
3" Defenders and I painted the "plates" with Duplicolor to match my TJ. I really like em! Great fit and HEAVY DUTY!

I still have to put the Jk turn signals in the grille....

Oh and excuse the drunk old man in the pic. Hes old.

Last edited by EricsGreen98Tj; 03-03-2012 at 10:14 PM.
EricsGreen98Tj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2012, 09:54 AM   #67 (permalink)

Member # 3074
Send a message via AIM to jeepbrew
Still waiting on the YJ version (negative flare)!
Old 03-06-2012, 09:49 AM   #68 (permalink)
Token Bronco Guy

Member # 16474
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricsGreen98Tj View Post
3" Defenders and I painted the "plates" with Duplicolor to match my TJ. I really like em! Great fit and HEAVY DUTY!
Looks good Eric! I like the color matched inserts
Old 04-02-2012, 09:42 AM   #69 (permalink)
Token Bronco Guy

Member # 16474
YJ Owners! DeFenders for YJ are getting closer to production! Here we're fitting up a first article on to Papa Smurf last week just before sending it out to Moab.

Old 04-10-2012, 11:42 AM   #70 (permalink)
Token Bronco Guy

Member # 16474
Product development on the High-Line version of our DeFender product line is in full swing!

This is the "Negative Flare" version of our prototype High-Line DeFender for TJ (it will also be available in Zero Flare and 3" Flare versions). Note that it moves the top of the fender up to the horizontal ridge in the side of the hood/cowl to provide massive tire clearance. The back of the wheel opening is also much further back than stock. This is an unfinished prototype piece we made for doing some initial fitment. The final version will be much more refined.

The lines of the High-Line DeFenders will flow nicely with the Jeep's grille.

A sheetmetal inner fender will be available for the High-Line DeFender, mocked up here in cardboard (for those of you wishing for an inner fender option for our regular DeFenders, that will be forthcoming as well).

As with other manufacturers' highline fenders, these will require trimming the bottom edges of your stock hood or purchasing an aftermarket hood designed to work with high-lines. We are thinking of offering our own high-line compatible hood in fiberglass.

I'll post up more photos and info as they become available. And for those of you still waiting for us to finish up the YJ and CJ regular DeFenders, those are pretty much done, just waiting on final revisions and assembly fixturing.
Old 04-10-2012, 05:08 PM   #71 (permalink)
WINNAR!

Member # 23680
Hey Dusty-
How do these match up to the PSC rockers? Will they fit flush or does the fender stick out past them??

I'm gonna have to get me a set of aluminum no flares for my TJ.
Dookey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2012, 04:21 PM   #72 (permalink)
Token Bronco Guy

Member # 16474
Dookey, they do but the angle of the front edge of the old Rocker Knockers is slightly different from the angle of the wheel opening on the DeFenders. We've redesigned the Rocker Knockers to conform better visually to the DeFenders, but its just a cosmetic change. If you have the old Rocker Knockers and install DeFenders, you can either just live with it or take a cut-off wheel to the Rocker Knocker's forward edge to make it parallel with the wheel opening of the DeFender. Or you could buy new Rocker Knockers
Old 04-11-2012, 04:34 PM   #73 (permalink)
Token Bronco Guy

Member # 16474
More work on the inner fenders for the high-lines. Turned the cardboard patterns into a sheetmetal prototype.

We're considering the idea of offering a couple of insert options for the inner fender..solid, perforated for cooling, etc.

Old 04-11-2012, 04:55 PM   #74 (permalink)
WINNAR!

Member # 23680
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty View Post
Dookey, they do but the angle of the front edge of the old Rocker Knockers is slightly different from the angle of the wheel opening on the DeFenders. We've redesigned the Rocker Knockers to conform better visually to the DeFenders, but its just a cosmetic change. If you have the old Rocker Knockers and install DeFenders, you can either just live with it or take a cut-off wheel to the Rocker Knocker's forward edge to make it parallel with the wheel opening of the DeFender. Or you could buy new Rocker Knockers
I have the ricochet rockers and they are already powdered.
Dookey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2012, 08:50 PM   #75 (permalink)

Member # 49901
Send a message via AIM to affende
i want your highline fenders. already got a hood cut exactly where it needs to be. why couldnt you come out with these 4 years ago when i was still actively building??

oh well, guess its time to crack open the wallet.

i want a set of high lines tomorrow.
affende is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.