Pirate 4x4 banner

Ford Ranger Winch Bumpers from RLC Welding

117K views 145 replies 48 participants last post by  jamscal 
#1 ·
This will fit 93-97 Ford Rangers and probably 98- as well, but I haven't had one to check.(PM me and we can check measurements.)

Also, I don't have any installed pics. Hopefully they're on the way. This is the first one.

Similar in design to my Jeep Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and Ford Explorer Winch Bumpers.

74 lbs.

Bolts up to factory mounts. Two additional holes per side if you want to beef up the mounting area.

3/16" and 1/4" steel construction.

Clevis mounts included.

Unpainted.

$399 plus shipping.

See less See more
#6 ·
This one should fit. The distance between your bumper mounting brackets should be 22 1/2" (I think, I'll have to recheck my measurements).

There weren't many changes apart from cosmetic, IIRC. The winch mounting area should accommodate any additional drop in the grill.

PM me if you want to compare measurements/buy one.

Thanks.

#10 · (Edited)
Thanks for the pics. I remember I made a front receiver for one sort of like the first few pics. Bolt on though.

It may be possible to cut off the crap lying outside of the frame rails, and put a nut plate on the inside of the frame rails. The brackets would ride on the outside of the frame rails.

This is how I do the 2nd Gen Explorer bumpers...which could possibly be similar I guess...Except the X has only little mounting plates to cut off.

-James

edit Before/After pics of 2nd gen Explorer trimming:

#11 · (Edited)
I was hoping for a bolt up type of ordeal though. Without cutting anything on my truck if possible. I've been a welder for over 10 years but currently don't have access to anything but a small 210v SnapOn wire welder and I'm not too confident it'd do the job. It will weld 1/4" but I don't feel that it gets hot enough..

If I was still working in a metal shop then I'd buy one from you and make my own brackets to bolt up to the stock locations..

GB :D

#12 · (Edited)
Hi there. I might be interested in a bumper as is after I see one on a truck. Here's a thought for ya though. How hard do you think it would be to leave off the little tabs that the rollers to mount to, and weld a receiver tube to the flat winch plate? That way a hitch mount could be used for front/ rear, but set in the standard spot like it belongs on the front. Also, would it be possible to do some mounting holes for factory fog lights?

#16 ·
The first bumper sold via Pirate gets Free fog light holes :D ...so $399 plus shipping...probably $45 if you're in NC.

I would ask that you send me some installed pics because my first customers seem to have forgotten (Or they're playing in the snow).

Thanks

#20 ·
2003 Ranger Bumper

Hey, i would like to buy a bumper for my 03 Ranger. Have you Figured out mounts yet? i would like mounting holes for lights and what about cutouts with mounting brackets in the bumper for my factory fog lights? lemme know!
Thanks
Collin McWebb

#21 ·
Hey, i would like to buy a bumper for my 03 Ranger. Have you Figured out mounts yet? i would like mounting holes for lights and what about cutouts with mounting brackets in the bumper for my factory fog lights? lemme know!
Thanks
Collin McWebb
Light holes/mounts are not a problem.

Haven't had a later model to look at, but if you're willing to take some measurements and cut similar to the post #10 above it should be doable.

Thanks,

James

#23 ·
That's an explorer.

W/O seeing a new ranger I'm kind of at a loss, but I assumed if you cut the ends off and let the frame rails be the outermost mounting point we could mount it like an explorer...you drill holes, I provide nutplates to put inside the frame.

I'll see if the local pull-a-part has a 98+ 4x Ranger.

#24 · (Edited)
I too have a 2003 Ranger EDGE and would consider one of your bumpers if i could see one mounted; any pic yet ?

Look great through, I hope something can be done soon for the ‘03s.

Cutting the ends sound like a can do, even if we had to drill a hole or two for the Nut Plate.
maybe we could cut off the outside of the bumper mtg plate and do something from that point.

Thk, ltr,

#25 ·
I have a bunch of interest in the later 98+ Rangers and am working on getting measurements. Email or PM me if you want me to tell you what measurements I'll need from your truck.

No pics yet.
A rear bumper for a Ranger shouldn't be a problem but for a stepside I may need some additional measurements.. I'm thinking $300 + shipping for a matching rear bumper.

Thanks,

James

#26 ·
The nice thing about you offering up a rear bumper for the Ranger, is that no one offers one. Plus the Rangers frame dimensions haven't changed for a couple decades on the rear. If you built a rear bumper with some nice coverage/protection with a built in reciever as an option, I bet you could cross advertise on a few websites and do really well selling them..

#28 ·
I know there is a bunch of guys over at fordrangerforum.com (myself included) who are very eager for a winch bumper for there '00+ Rangers.

I have an '01. Will pics and measurements be enough or do you need to examine one in person?
Yes, there is starting to be a bunch of interest on these, I've seen the other forums.

Pics and measurements and a willing buyer should be fine.

I'm make a good deal on the first 98?+ Ranger winch bumper in exchange for:

Feedback on any necessary changes.

Good pics of install.

Not to mention I'm not going to hang anyone out to dry should there be a problem with the first one.

PM me if interested.

Thanks,

James

#29 ·
You're right about there being a lot of interest but only if they're offered under a certain price. Most guys I see on ALL of the Ranger forums won't pay too much for a quality winch bumper. They want it cheap. I got sick of wiating around for someone to make one and ordered one from C4x4.. Sorry man, I really liked the looks of yours too.

If you ever do a nice rear bumper for the 01+ trucks then I'd be interested in one, as long as they will mount above a factory hitch, while still offering some protection to the rear of the bed, underneath the taillights.

#33 ·
i am interrested in this bumper, and jw u can do the tabs for fog lights? i just wanted to make sure it will fit a 92 ranger and how much it will cost to get it to 1803 carolina beach road wilmington , nc
I make them for the 1st gen explorers and related Rangers too:

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=870917&highlight=explorer+rlc

Right now I can do free shipping on these, so $399 to your door. I'll put a few more pics up on that thread if I can find them.

Thanks.

#35 ·
I make them for the 93-97 Rangers, not the later ones. Can't get one to build from.

But as mentioned, if you can cut the outer frame mounts off your 98+ ala my explorer design, and give me that measurement, it should come out fine.

Design would be the same/very similar.

#40 ·
No...no one has sent a pic :mad3:

There may be a pic somewhere on the internet, who knows?

I believe I've only sold three of these anyway.

If you're willing to take a chance I'll give you a $40 refund upon receipt of good installed pics I can use.:grinpimp:

Thanks for your interest.

-James

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.