93 tbi 350 to 99 4l60e - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum
 
Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Chevy
Notices

Reply
 
Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2011, 05:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Member # 102636
Location: San Rafael, CA / San Diego, CA
Posts: 22
93 tbi 350 to 99 4l60e

I recently picked up a 4l60e from a 99 yukon and wanted to swap it to my 93 blazer. I know it should pretty much be a straight swap mechanically, but will the wiring match is my question? It was free so if its no good ill just sell it and use the money to fix my old trans.
Chevyman70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 07:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
'Merica. Fuck Yeah!
 
86k30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Member # 25703
Location: Muldrow, OK
Posts: 1,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevyman70 View Post
I recently picked up a 4l60e from a 99 yukon and wanted to swap it to my 93 blazer. I know it should pretty much be a straight swap mechanically, but will the wiring match is my question? It was free so if its no good ill just sell it and use the money to fix my old trans.
your 99 will not physicall bolt in. it has a six bolt pattern on the case, IIRC all the S series used a five bolt pattern. There is a tiny wiring difference beyond that. 93-95 do not have a PWM solenoid and lack the wiring for it on the case connector. sell the late and pay someone to build your early.
__________________
The facelift:/forum/chevy/1083762-old-busted-new-busted.html
86k30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-2011, 10:54 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Member # 102636
Location: San Rafael, CA / San Diego, CA
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86k30 View Post
your 99 will not physicall bolt in. it has a six bolt pattern on the case, IIRC all the S series used a five bolt pattern. There is a tiny wiring difference beyond that. 93-95 do not have a PWM solenoid and lack the wiring for it on the case connector. sell the late and pay someone to build your early.
Its not an S series, its a fullsize. But I figured as much on the wiring. Thanks
Chevyman70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 12:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
'Merica. Fuck Yeah!
 
86k30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Member # 25703
Location: Muldrow, OK
Posts: 1,642
Still a no go, the rear of the trans cases are where the difference is.
86k30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 08:19 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Member # 547
Location: CITRUS HEIGHTS /Placerville CA.
Posts: 1,350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevyman70 View Post
I recently picked up a 4l60e from a 99 yukon and wanted to swap it to my 93 blazer. It was free so if its no good ill just sell it and use the money to fix my old trans.
Chevyman70, I may be looking for a 4L60 tranny for my 99 suburban 350 real soon. NOt 100% sure if i need a 4L60 or 4L60E though, while we are on the subject, can someone explain what the difference is between the 2 trannys?
__________________
RocknRoll4x4.com Club Member
Been a FOUNDING FOTR since day one!!!
FLASHLIGHTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 08:52 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Member # 197664
Posts: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLASHLIGHTMAN View Post
Chevyman70, I may be looking for a 4L60 tranny for my 99 suburban 350 real soon. NOt 100% sure if i need a 4L60 or 4L60E though, while we are on the subject, can someone explain what the difference is between the 2 trannys?
u should need a 4l60e for a 99, a 4l60 is just a 700r4 that was used before the 4l60e the e just means it is electronically shift controlled. I think they started using the 4l60e pretty much exclusively in 97
92BurbanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 08:54 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Member # 184166
Location: Pauls Valley, OK
Posts: 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLASHLIGHTMAN View Post
Chevyman70, I may be looking for a 4L60 tranny for my 99 suburban 350 real soon. NOt 100% sure if i need a 4L60 or 4L60E though, while we are on the subject, can someone explain what the difference is between the 2 trannys?
4L60/700R4 Different than 4L60E <---Electronically controlled.

700R4 to 4L60E in late '94 and all '95 and up...
__________________
'95 K truck TBI 350 D60/14FF 4.56 350/205
'75 K5 454/350/205 D44/Semi-14
BurnBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 09:40 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Member # 138801
Location: So Cal
Posts: 1,138
There is no 4l60... It's either a 700r4 or a 4l60e. E standing for electronic
geo in a K5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.