Pirate 4x4 banner

Need advice about buying a K3500

891 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Armand 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone! I don't post much but I do lurk quite often and enjoy reading through all of the build threads. Since this place seems to be the all knowing of everything chevy I have a question for you all. I have the chance to buy my works company truck (2001 K3500) with the 6.0L gas engine, 97K on the clock for 3 grand. My concern is the smaller engine. And how much ill be able to tow, the manual put its max towing capacity at 9800 pounds. Which seems kinda small for a truck that size? I plan on towing a camper with 4 dirtbikes in the back and the whole family or cars and trucks that I pick up. I do like the fact that there's about a jillion 6 liters out there and they seem to be a great engine. So just wondering if anyone has had any good or bad experiences with a truck similar to this, if its worth it with the smaller engine, and what are the best mods to boost its power and torque (if it even needs it). Thanks for any advice anyone can offer up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.