Pirate 4x4 banner

How did you mount the radiator.

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  blazinzuk 
#1 · (Edited)
So messing around with the inside of the truck and decided to cut all the wires I don't need out. Which is alot.

Took the fenders off to get to stuff easier, started looking around, realized I had some tubing kicking around and decided to cut off the core support and tube it.

So how did you mount the radiator to tubing?

I am using the stock rad, plus stock fan, plus the stock shroud, they work pretty well together.

Just want to get rid of the core support and start on the tube work for the engine.

Here is a pic

I think I might narrow it up a bit more too. I have a grille and some different lights to put in. Looks so much better with a grille

See less See more
#3 ·
Did you use the rubber pads under the bottom and on the top.

I thought about doing something very similar. Or even cutting the mounts out of the stock core support and welding them onto a tube.

Pretty much had in mind what you did on top with the bolts too.

Very nice

#5 ·
I found some foam tape that I sell at work for the top and bottom pads, but it kind of sucks. The foam collapses easily and doesnt retract. I'd like to find some better foam tape, but I have a friend who used radiator hose and that seams to work well also

#8 ·
You guys think that just cutting out the original lower mounts for the radiator out of the core support and using the factory rubber supports would work well.

That seems pretty easy and quick to me. It also seems like it would work well.

Going to have to trim up the original shroud and see if it will still fit

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.